• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINALBOSS

Banned
No orange loot here...but got some pretty boss guns.

I fucking LOVE Bandit's guns. My favorite manufacturer by far--they look the coolest.

Edgeward

I've changed my stance. Jakobs is da bess. The DPS is amazing and I love it as a zerker and I can just go ham on my mouse buttons and mash like crazy.

Raxus

I've changed my stance. Jakobs is da bess. The DPS is amazing and I love it as a zerker and I can just go ham on my mouse buttons and mash like crazy.

I find the best guns for gunzerker tend to be Maliwan (duh), Jakob pistols, Vladof and Torgue. Dahl being the worst and Bandit being a mixed bag.

one85x

Zer0's Cunning tree is amazingly powerful. I managed to kill the final boss in a total of 1sec after respeccing into it.

Having trouble finding Michael Mamaril. I look in all the areas he is suppose to be in and I rarely ever see him in the game.
Maya has teleported sanctuary for me and one of the areas he is suppose to be in is destroyed.
If that makes it so he doesn't appear as much, that is really stupid.

one85x

Having trouble finding Michael Mamaril. I look in all the areas he is suppose to be in and I rarely ever see him in the game.
Maya has teleported sanctuary for me and one of the areas he is suppose to be in is destroyed.
I couldn't find him for a long time after that event. The next time I saw him was right after
Brick joined the team

Mupod

I find the best guns for gunzerker tend to be Maliwan (duh), Jakob pistols, Vladof and Torgue. Dahl being the worst and Bandit being a mixed bag.

Personally I like Bandit shotguns that use multiple ammo per shot. I never run out of ammo anyways, the large magazines make up for the ammo consumption, and they can have some serious firepower. I don't really favor specific manufacturers but I've ended up using Bandit shotguns 90% of the time just because of how effective they've been.

Also I have some Dahl sniper with 120% critical damage. The recoil on the burst fire is rough but it gets the job done, and once again the ammo consumption is no problem.

The only manufacturer I avoid is Tediore. I keep accidentally blowing myself up, it might not be as bad if I wasn't always either using shotguns or rocket launchers.

Alchemy

Did some two player co-op, much better. Was less chaos and I was able to actually snipe a majority of the time. Screw that four player nonsense.

Marvie_3

Banned
Personally I like Bandit shotguns that use multiple ammo per shot. I never run out of ammo anyways, the large magazines make up for the ammo consumption, and they can have some serious firepower. I don't really favor specific manufacturers but I've ended up using Bandit shotguns 90% of the time just because of how effective they've been.

Also I have some Dahl sniper with 120% critical damage. The recoil on the burst fire is rough but it gets the job done, and once again the ammo consumption is no problem.

The only manufacturer I avoid is Tediore. I keep accidentally blowing myself up, it might not be as bad if I wasn't always either using shotguns or rocket launchers.

Same here. Can't stand them.

Raxus

Tediore requires a different mindset to use but typically have good stats and make some really good shotguns. Plus throwing guns with ammo regen is fun.

If you spec right ammo consumption isn't a problem in the short term but for extended combat scenarios (see circles) you need to have a very particular spec to solo it. My pistol uses 2 shots and along with the Jakobs revolver I run out of ammo very easily and I have points to avoid this too. Not to mention Dahl tends to have stats that don't support the gunzerker, usually.

Bandits can be very good since their clip size works very well in some gunzerker builds. Sadly finding ideal weapons is a little harder. I do like the guns, I just never find ones I use often.

I love Vladof but god I can never find one.

P.S. I would give up a limb for a god damn new class mod x.x

There is this amazing stealth game inside Borderlands 2 playing it as zero. I have made it deep inside camps in three horns undetected.

And the cooldown on zero's L2 skill feels great too.

Well now, since my floor flooded earlier today, and I was stuck at home because I needed to open all the doors while it dried, I finished this glorious piece of human accomplishment.

I completely cheated on the final boss, which is completely easy to do.
Just die, and then when you respawn, jump on the platforms behind the caution sign. Then jump on the rocks. You will be able to see into the main arena and shoot the Warrior. When you get low on ammo, just hop on down to the ammo vending machine, stock up, and then hop on back to your perch. It should take you thirty minutes depending on your weapons. You should take a fast SMG, a sniper rifle for when he goes into the middle and you can only see his horns, and a missile launcher for when he is on the sides. The fourth weapon can be anything.
Just to keep in tone with all your previous post that I criticized.

This is how you do a spoiler. Your previous spoiler posts were junk, this one is waaayyyy better. Thanks!

-not being facicous at all.

Avinexus

I've only seen him twice and I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the end of the game. I don't look for him though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hate DAHL snipers. Hate Hyperion on everything but shotguns. Tediore I generally dislike, but high accuracy and burst make some weapons interesting if you shoot once and reload.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
There are more enemy types, the first example you run into is a caustic bullymong for starters and they now seem to have better gear I fought a bandit with a nova shield at some point.

I'm just at the beginning of this (just beat the Cannon Bros, did all the side-quest up to this point). The main difference is first of all there is so much better loot and money everywhere (the loot at the beginning of this is better than the loot at the end game of the normal game), but now the enemies all do much more damage and have a lot more health, there's additional enemies, and a lot of rarer and harder enemies. I've only just completed the Cannon Bros and so far I've run into several Super Badasses.

I've died a lot, but I've been selling and getting so much money (instead of $2-3 per money pick-up like it was in this area in the normal mode, now it's $50-300) I'm earning more than I'm losing, and since I've started my gear has seen several upgrades already.

This game is absolutely murdering me right now. Couldn't beat the rescue mission on Zer0 (tried it probably at least 20 times or more), decided to play my Salvador some, took at least ten tries to beat the last assassin.

I think girlfriend mode may have been made for me.

Gotchaye

I haven't played a gunzerker at all, but I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Hyperion. I haven't liked them much with Zero or Maya, but I would have expected them to be fantastic for Salvador. You can't aim down sights while gunzerking, and it's advantageous to hold down the trigger, so Hyperion's weird reverse recoil seems like a good thing for weapon types with large magazines. He's also got skills that give your shots a chance to not use ammo (so a larger percentage of your shots per magazine are at maximum accuracy/stability) and larger magazines (same).

The main difference is the damage modifier on resistances and bonus damage on elemental stuff.

Pretty much this. There are new enemy types, like armored maniacs, but armored maniacs are only notable because you absolutely need corrosive weaponry to take them down. Edit: I have a feeling Sirens are going to be able to tear through the second playthrough.

Saprol

I totally forgot I need a fire gun to continue. Threw my previous one away.

Can't I just pistol whip the guy or something? Guess I should have learned my lesson after the volleyball quest. :/

Which is the best character to play with if you intend to play most of the story alone?

I've started with zero and I could see using a sniper to be a pain with a larger number of rushing enemies as the game progresses.

Gorillaz

Which is the best character to play with if you intend to play most of the story alone?

I've started with zero and I could see using a sniper to be a pain with a larger number of rushing enemies as the game progresses.

Dat Gunzerker

Im playing as zero and almost gave up on him until I figured out how me and a friend (playing as siren) are tag teaming people and shit.

Type2

I think all of them are very playable but axton and his trusty turret are awesome. plus one of his first talents can give you health regen. I think salvador is pretty great too for some of the early game talents and gunzerking heals you!

Level 30 w/ Zer0.

42 hours in. I'm nearing the end, but I've still got a fair amount of side-quests to get through.

90% of the quests have been good or decent, 5% have sucked, and 5% have been awesome. It really has been better than the original in every single way, and that is so very very rare for a game to accomplish these days.

Gorillaz

Level 30 w/ Zer0.

42 hours in. I'm nearing the end, but I've still got a fair amount of side-quests to get through.

90% of the quests have been good or decent, 5% have sucked, and 5% have been awesome. It really has been better than the original in every single way, and that is so very very rare for a game to accomplish these days.
Kind of reminds me of the jump ND did with Uncharted to uncharted 2....i might be over dramatic but Gearbox really did knock it out of the park on this one.

Dat Gunzerker

Im playing as zero and almost gave up on him until I figured out how me and a friend (playing as siren) are tag teaming people and shit.

I think all of them are very playable but axton and his trusty turret are awesome. plus one of his first talents can give you health regen. I think
salvador is pretty great too for some of the early game talents and gunzerking heals you!

Thanks for the advise guys, got a day at work to get through before I can play again.

eek5

He doesn't always spawn but when he does there are ~10 locations where he'll be

From Sanctuary load/travel station:
* Head to Marcus' door and look down. He'll be right by counter
* Go to hostel and look left of door where you buy stuff w/ eridium
* Go into Moxxi and look left by slot machines
* Continue into Moxxi's where hammer is and look by piano (left of radio)
* Leave Moxxi towards Scooter check last alley on left
* Go into Scooter bottom floor, look in back northeast corner
* Exit scooter top floor go into Zed's. He'll be on the left if he spawns. Should see him from door though
* Exit Zeds and check stairway north of Zed's across from claptrap
* Head to center of town. Check on other side of news stand
* Head into crimson HQ. You'll see him from the doorway straight ahead on 1st floor if he spawns

It seems pretty rare. Maybe I'm unlucky but I usually check all 10 spots everytime I'm in sanctuary and even loaded it a bunch of times and i've only seen him once.

bonesquad

What the hell? There are one-way fast travel locations??? After dying to a boss a couple times I figured I'd restock before trying again. It never occurred to me that I couldn't warp right back. Why even have the fast travel then? I have no desire to work my way all the back up there. It took me forever the first time:( It should at least warn you. Fucking hell...

Ashodin

So I heard about the game-breaking exploit for this game. I think I'll just not do it when I get it. Don't want to really play with people who are already doing it.

Gotchaye

What the hell? There are one-way fast travel locations??? After dying to a boss a couple times I figured I'd restock before trying again. It never occurred to me that I couldn't warp right back. Why even have the fast travel then? I have no desire to work my way all the back up there. It took me forever the first time:( It should at least warn you. Fucking hell...

I only remember ever finding one that worked that way in the big quest after you first get to Sanctuary. I imagine it's just a bug that it doesn't show up on the list of fast travel waypoints.

Currently stuck doing Bandit Slaughter. ****ing game gets to wave 1 of round 1 every damn time and stops spawning enemies, forcing me to quit and start over. I hope to god this quest isn't mandatory to move forward.

*edit* Think I figured out what's causing it. The goliath enrages and starts killing the other enemies before I can kill him. Game apparently doesn't register them as kills for me and just gets stuck. Terrible play-testing was done on this if I'm correct in my assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom