• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgeward

WjAEI.jpg
First ORANGE!

I beat the game, started on a new game+, but then was reminded of how excruciatingly slow the beginning of the game is. Why can't they just skip past the tutorial and intro on a 2nd playthrough? That shit was awful enough the first time around.

catabarez

I'm getting really annoyed with this Gearbox Shift problem :/ I cannot seem to be able to get past the authenticating screen. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Salsa

I'm getting really annoyed with this Gearbox Shift problem :/ I cannot seem to be able to get past the authenticating screen. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

me neither

im also wasting like 1 hour each time I decide to play cause I can NEVER connect to my buddy. We have to go through it like 10 times.

one_kill

Orange rarity guns show up randomly right? Are they any special?

Also, I got some purple guns, but they weren't as good as the ones I had on so I sold them. Was this a bad decision?

Orange rarity guns show up randomly right?

I got some purple guns, but they weren't as good as the ones I had on so I sold them. Was this a bad decision?

The tiers aren't absolute, sometimes greens are better than purples. If you had better weapons, selling them is the best option.

Kids these days, can't find anything without quest markers and full GPS. Back in my day you were lucky if they even told you what you were looking for in the place. I mean, come on, it is a quest, not a babysitting service.

What you might notice in Borderlands 2 that wasn't in the first is that if you're at a different elevation than the quest marker the quest marker will have an arrow inside it showing you that.

Oh, and btw, I found that item hanging from the chain all by myself. I also felt a minor sense of accomplishment when doing so, something you never get when they hand it all to you on a silver platter.

Kids these days? You come off as quite the condescending prick to be honest. Im over 30 and that has nothing to do with this.

The problem with the quest guide and map layouts are consistancy. I dont mind difficult games which dont hold your hand (like dark/demons souls) however with Borderlands 2 it becomes really inconsistent with the maps and what you are expected to do.

The quest marker arrow doesnt apply to shops or anything else. In one mission i was standing right next to where an ammo dump should be and there was nothing there. it turns out it was about 50 storeys above me in that big dragon ship. The map didnt show this at all.

Dont try and argue that because a game doesnt hold your hand it is difficult, therefore better. Borderlands has some very iffy level design and i encountered this in both the first and 2nd game. The map screen is also far from perfect as it doesnt take into account elevation or anything. You can head to one area which looks like the logical entry point, however you then spend 20-30 mins realising you have to go the other way, scale a mountain at the other end of the map and then walk across.

rouken

Some of the stuff enemies say is funny as hell. Killed one of those Nomads and he shouted something like. "Don't steal my loot!" :D

I find the game awesome but pretty damn hard if you choose not to do side-quests and just carry on the story route. Still with Axton currency and I have not found many amazing weapons just yet but I am still only 15ish. Might try Zero next.

lol. i heard one of the psychopaths say "give me back my hit points".
dialogue can never go wrong in this game. :)

The game is phenomenal.
I hated the first game due to lack of variety and boring quests/story.
This game fixed everything!
The weapons are so satisfying. The characters all interesting and have their own personality.
The quest lines are varying and entertaining.
I hardly ever laugh at video games, but this one has me cracking up all the time!

The
TMNT parody
quest was SO good!
Also the achievement for beating the game named
Cool story, bro
hahaha!

On my second play through now and getting some amazing guns!

Thanks Gearbox :)

bought it on amazon, I should be able to start playing next week.
basically siren is broken as fuck, am I right.

I played as a siren and I felt like her move was OP at the start..
but as I continued it really started to seem moderate.

I just unlocked the last trait in my tree and it makes the bubble do corrosive + electrical + slag and it is SO MUCH FUN!
(But that didn't come until right before I beat the game)

Grassy

Only 12 hours in but I'm really loving this game, it's just so fucking good. I haven't enjoyed a game as much as this for a long time.

I'm a level 30 commando, and these people I play with are around level 45ish... is it possible for me to catch up to them somehow? if I keep playing with them will I level quick enough?

jgminto

Been playing Maya with a Gunzerker in co-op. Loving the game so far but I just want to say how amazing the Wreck skill is. Got it to 7/5 with a class mod which gives me a 70% buff in fire rate and a 42% buff in damage when I have someone phaselocked. I've got the 2 Moxxi SMGs and I just hold down the trigger and anything alive that I can see while the target is phaselocked melts in seconds. So good.

I'm a level 30 commando, and these people I play with are around level 45ish... is it possible for me to catch up to them somehow? if I keep playing with them will I level quick enough?

Level 45 characters are going to level up pretty slowly and then eventually hit the cap, so yeah, narrowing that gap shouldn't be too hard.

Lakitu

st5fu
lmao, I am at some shanty town in Three Horns - Valley and there are currently a bunch of Nomads versus some Rakk.

"Give me your damn loot!" SQUEEEEEEEEEEAK "Hahaha running away!" SQUEEEEEEEEEEAK

I love this game.

dalin80

Banned
Just about to start the final mission after a massive most of the night session, still a little irked that I haven't seen a single orange weapon. Been a hell of a slog at times some areas are massively difficult / annoying and frankly Iam really not feeling the urge to play through as another character.

Also timed quests need to go straight to hell.

Lunchbox

Banned
highlight of the game for me, takes it to GOTY caliber:

right after buying a dildo smg from moxxi then running into this sidequest (and what happens during the quest)

PjxM7.jpg

FtHTiny

What do I do here? It says light it with a fire gun but my gun with fire damage does nothing and I see no other fire gun? :s

well you have to shoot the net with a fire gun and light it on fire. If you don´t have a fire gun you have to go and buy one unfortunatly.

Hydrargyrus

The game is phenomenal.
I hated the first game due to lack of variety and boring quests/story.
This game fixed everything!
The weapons are so satisfying. The characters all interesting and have their own personality.
The quest lines are varying and entertaining.
I hardly ever laugh at video games, but this one has me cracking up all the time!

The
TMNT parody
quest was SO good!
Also the achievement for beating the game named
Cool story, bro
hahaha!

On my second play through now and getting some amazing guns!

Thanks Gearbox :)

I really hate the first game for this. I played it alone and it bored me a lot.

Does it solve those things?, is it good enough if you played it alone?

The story, the quests and the spawn bubble were the worst things of the first. And that the game was totally coop-orientated

one_kill

How does blue coloured items fare in terms of rarity? Above green, but below purple?

Also, I happen to stumble on an orange coloured shield. It's called Flame of the Firehawk. It doesn't look particularly good, but it does have the additional characteristic of "continually releases fire nova blasts when depleted". Is this good?

Lunchbox

Banned
I really hate the first game for this. I played it alone and it bored me a lot.

Does it solve those things?, is it good enough if you played it alone?

The story, the quests and the spawn bubble were the worst things of the first. And that the game was totally coop-orientated

cant recommend this for solo play. at least i personally and the people i play with would never be able to play it like that.

the fun in this game is (like the first one) with a full 4 person level 50 party playing on new game plus where you need everyone to contribute and play their class, trading guns, running through different stages to fight dumb raid bosses with stupid amounts of hp laughing at movie references.

i could never imagine running through this game by myself doing fetch quests. on co-op, i can lose 7/8 hours without blinking and call it goty

What stat bonus is everyone spending their Badass tokens on?

I'm playing a melee build Zero at the moment, tempted to spend all my tokens on melee damage but don't know if it's all that useful since I get lots of melee bonus from my skill tree anyway, and the bonus applies to all characters on my profile so I want to pick one that is useful for my other characters as well. Which one do you guys think is the best?

• Critical Hit Damage
  • Elemental Effect Damage
  • Maximum Health
  • Fire Rate
  • Grenade Damage
  • Shield Capacity
  • Shield Recharge Delay
  • Shield Recharge Rate
  • Melee Damage
  • Gun Accuracy
  • Gun Damage
  • Recoil Speed

What stat bonus is everyone spending their Badass tokens on?

I'm playing a melee build Zero at the moment, tempted to spend all my tokens on melee damage but don't know if it's all that useful since I get lots of melee bonus from my skill tree anyway, and the bonus applies to all characters on my profile so I want to pick one that is useful for my other characters as well. Which one do you guys think is the best?
It's difficult to focus because of diminishing returns and you don't get the same upgrade options for each token. I just went for a more balanced approach, I pretty much distribute into everything aside from melee damage since I so rarely use it.

cant recommend this for solo play. at least i personally and the people i play with would never be able to play it like that. would be too dull and boring

the fun in this game is (like the first one) with a full 4 person level 50 party playing on new game plus where you need everyone to contribute and play their class, trading guns, running through different stages to fight dumb raid bosses with stupid amounts of hp laughing at movie references.

i could never imagine running through this game by myself doing fetch quests. on co-op, i can lose 7/8 hours without blinking and call it goty
Agreed. I don't actually think the combat or encounter design is "good" or deep, but running around with a crew and "having a laugh" is good fun.

edgefusion

What's the character customisation like? I'm picking this up tomorrow but I'm curious whether there are alternate outfits if they're just recolours.

What's the character customisation like? I'm picking this up tomorrow but I'm curious whether there are alternate outfits if they're just recolours.
The customization is between head swaps and predefined colour schemes. You start with a couple heads and about two dozen colours and unlock more as you play.

lmao, I am at some shanty town in Three Horns - Valley and there are currently a bunch of Nomads versus some Rakk.

"Give me your damn loot!" SQUEEEEEEEEEEAK "Hahaha running away!" SQUEEEEEEEEEEAK

I love this game.
I melted this one nomad and with his dying gasp he pleaded "Nooo! Please don't scavenge all my stuff!"

And its always hilarious to kill a Goliath. They seem so damn surprised and disappointed. <3

I can't believe I'm only level 15 for all the crazy shit I've seen and heard. I'm loving this too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom