• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganondorfo

A stupid question: is it also a single player campaign? Or only online? (if single player: how long does it take to beat the game?)

Grisby

Just got to Tiny Tiny. Fun fun. Framerate is talking a dive every now and then more.

Got a talking shotgun. Cool but annoying.

edit- Games getting rougher to solo with a siren.

Gorillaz

A stupid question: is it also a single player campaign? Or only online? (if single player: how long does it take to beat the game?)

Singleplayer with a big emphasis on coop. Coop online is drop in/drop out style so you and anybody else can easily join someone on a mission or some random (or friend) can join your mission

I heard it's around 30 hours to beat everything? Not sure but most people play through it more then once with different characters.

A good portion of the game relies on Coop.

jediyoshi

Just dinged 30 and this has still been the best all around gun I've been using since

XISfT.jpg

edit- Games getting rougher to solo with a siren.

Getting easier for me as I level the phaselock life orb skill. Phaselock also just instantly zaps a third of the life of buzzards, feels so good force crushing them out of the sky like nothing.

Just beat the game, solo. Level 34 Siren. Took me just under 43 hours to complete. Refused to go for the story missions until I beat every side mission (but I did skip 2 slaughter dome's which I will leave till I'm 50). And of course, I have the secret boss to do..so 3 side missions left to do (as far as I know).

Love the way this one looks (will probably give this to my Zer0 if I don't find anything better):

Found this pistol towards the end of the game during a mission..love it.:

Not sure what to do now, lol. Either start a new character or start playthrough 2. The fun has only begun!

bitoriginal

Damn, this game sucks away time like nothing. Just played for 8 hours straight. Bedtime. Tomorrow is Sunday, going to play all day. Yay.

Vodh

Man, the Moxxi's slot machines... Gambling disguised as... gambling! IDK if there's anything else to do with your money except for buying ammo/health/vendor eq? But regardless, I think the only thing that's ever gonna change about my gambling @ Moxxi's is the amount of cash I'm gonna hoard between the trips. This thing is absolutely brilliant.

Gorillaz

Man, the Moxxi's slot machines... Gambling disguised as... gambling! IDK if there's anything else to do with your money except for buying ammo/health/vendor eq? But regardless, I think the only thing that's ever gonna change about my gambling @ Moxxi's is the amount of cash I'm gonna hoard between the trips. This thing is absolutely brilliant.

Lowkey, those slots are so addicting. Got a bud of mine addicted to it last night hahaha every time we go to sanctuary he has to play it

dmr87

Amen, only thing I use money for besides gambling is ammo now and then.

Woo-Fu

Banned
This thing knocks down Buzzards with 3 bursts.

SG9Tm.jpg

Is a good go-to when I need to shoot NOW instead of reloading my sniper/shottie/launcher.

I tried to activate my season pass but steam says I need Borderlands 2 RU for it.

I bought the season pass (for cheaper on steam) on my french account and my game is from GMG.

WTF ?

DTKT

Call me dumb, but how do I host a PC game of B2? All I see are Network options.

Technically, you are always "hosting" a game. As soon as you enter the gameworld, the game flags you as a potential host for your friends. If they have you within their Steam friends list, you appear right in the main menu on the left end of the screen. They just have to click your name and it's going to load them straight into your game! I think it's possible to flag yourself "offline" to prevent anyone from joining.

Easy peasy.

Wag

Technically, you are always "hosting" a game. As soon as you enter the gameworld, the game flags you as a potential host for your friends. If they have you within their Steam friends list, you appear right in the main menu on the left end of the screen. They just have to click your name and it's going to load them straight into your game! I think it's possible to flag yourself "offline" to prevent anyone from joining.

Easy peasy.
How do I open a game up so it appears in the game matching service?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

SG9Tm.jpg

Is a good go-to when I need to shoot NOW instead of reloading my sniper/shottie/launcher.

I need this. Not in the future, not today, but yesterday. I need this yesterday.

I got this game on X360 on Thursday and am now a Level 12 Commando.

While i can see the game looks better and everything is a bit sharper, i still feel some of the negative points which plagued the first game are still there

1) Lots of backtracking when it's time to "turn in" - in many stages a fast travel unit just isnt close enough - lots of running to be done

2) Level Design - i really think there are some levels which are just badly designed, like fall off a short rise and you have to go the LONG way around to get back there. Theres one in particular where there is a jumpover and a ravine below it...i spent ages there because i had to circle around a lot

3) The damn Map. It's exactly the same as the first game. It gets you to the general location but sometimes it doesnt take into account elevation. Also, there was one time i was doing the siren missions and i had to find some echos. Echo 1 was attached to something very high above me and i had to shoot it down to get it. I only found it because i use a youtube vid. Same as the "Start the Enkindling" mission. I walked around for ages until i gave up and youtubed it.

While the game is certainly better than the first, i think the level design and map design really could have been slightly better.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I managed to duo the entire game as Maya and my friend as the Berserker. We have been level 50 and now we just farm for gear.
The Berserker friend of mine is soloing Terramorphous in 7 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxUklr_yCaw&feature=youtu.be

LOL ... wow.Never ever would have thought to prime the hold down fire button=mad crazy fire rate skill like that. Until i played insane hours with gunzerker i suppose.

Makes me sad theres now way i'll ever get zero up enough to do something like this with my sword. Fuckin nutz.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, this game sucks away time like nothing. Just played for 8 hours straight. Bedtime. Tomorrow is Sunday, going to play all day. Yay.
Seriously, I played all day without realizing it, and I was supposed to be doing readings. Jesus christ I didn't expect myself to be this addicted D:

SG9Tm.jpg

That gun is insane, gawdamn.

i'm having the same problem. i am running two different characters (level 16 assassin and a level 5 commando) and have yet to find any good assault rifles with either of them. it's weird.

I found my best one at lvl 27 today in a dumpster in lynchwood lol. It's a purple rarity and a Vladof. Great stuff, of course I was running the extra 5% chance of getting rare weapons.

1) Lots of backtracking when it's time to "turn in" - in many stages a fast travel unit just isnt close enough - lots of running to be done

This is a pain and fast travel isn't well implemented in this game, I shouldn't have to quit and reload my save to have to avoid wasting my time backtracking, especially when enemies respawn.

Unicorn

Well fucking moxxie glitched with donations and I didn't get the corrosive smg and none of my friends are able to donate either. I left and went solo. No gun but I can donate. Go back to my friends' game and still same problem. I guess I just don't get that smg?

Jezabel

i need more of this game in my veins. cant wait to start a coop playthrough once i finish solo.

one question though, will the difficulty scale differently for 2 player coop than 4 player coop?

So I finished all the "Explore <X>" achievements, but I'm still missing World Traveler.

That means that I failed to walk past some camp somewhere in some zone...

I'm in the process of hitting all of them, but for sanity's sake...are there any specific NAMED placed anyone can think of that aren't attached to discovering a segment of a map?

Out of way places that one wouldn't go to obviously. I can't believe I haven't gotten it yet since I've been ridiculousy meticulous in my travels.

Avinexus

So I finished all the "Explore <X>" achievements, but I'm still missing World Traveler.

That means that I failed to walk past some camp somewhere in some zone...

I'm in the process of hitting all of them, but for sanity's sake...are there any specific NAMED placed anyone can think of that aren't attached to discovering a segment of a map?

Out of way places that one wouldn't go to obviously. I can't believe I haven't gotten it yet since I've been ridiculousy meticulous in my travels.

Have you beat the game?
Where Terramorphous is probably counts for that too.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So, my first legendary was this grenade that bounces around and drops other grenades all over the place every time it bounces. It's OP as hell. It's amazing. I got it for beating Wilhelm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom