• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of funny stuff, I got laughs out of (mid/late game)
the Face McShooty quest, particularly the way the quest objectives showed up. Also killing Dave with the Hyperion mortar.

BeeDog

Fuck my life, was just supposed to buy a pair of in-ear headphones, but bought a PC copy of the game while at it. And I haven't even played the first game, ever!

what have i done

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wanna get this so bad, but I'm holding my ground

Gonna pick it up around Black Friday time, should be 50%+ off, might even get bonus included

Waiting is such a bitch

I recently 100% the Borderlands by finishing all the DLC's that I didn't do before, it's annoying me to stay patient!

Desmond

Hahah, some of the Psycho's dialogue is gold. I couldn't stop laughing at one who was running at me screaming ''Pluto is not a planet''. And another one recited Hamlet's first soliloquy.

Also, Michael's great.

P.S How do I get that Goliath trophy? I'm pretty sure He's powered up 4 times when I kill him.

P.S.S, got my first failable quest. Delivering mail. I suck at it lol.

A spider just dropped this gem while I was doing the Bane mission.

Sq9z9l.jpg

Raide

I fucking hate Suicide Psychos.

Grr.

My main downer for BL2 is how many suicide enemies they have. I managed to die so many times on things that just explode, kill me and leave no other enemies around for me to revive on. It makes the overly long respawn thing so much more annoying.

Drazgul

Hahah, some of the Psycho's dialogue is gold. I couldn't stop laughing at one who was running at me screaming ''Pluto is not a planet''. And another one recited Hamlet's first soliloquy.

Rakkman is still the coolest of them all. I am throatscratch. I am the pants. I! AM! RAKKMAN!

rouken

also on that part of the game, just rambo my runner into the middle of the settlement and rush through opening mailboxes without giving attention to those firing at me. lol. :)

sneaky77

Took me a while to clear that one. I killed everyone first, then when I came back after failing all I had to do was find all the mailboxes.. i just drove the car straight thru the water to the ramp next to the boat.

And from that point on, everything I shot was bacon.

I had a similar level 32 Vladof sniper that pretty much chewed through anything in one burst, too bad snipers with semi-auto go threw bullets so quickly that it makes it hard to use them as more than a situational weapon.

Drazgul

^ They're godlike for Salvador, his ammo regen from gunzerking guarantees you never run out. I almost like those automatic sniper rifles as much as shotguns.

The game has definitely clicked with me during the last few hours. I'm a Lvl 13 Assassin and I feel unstoppable. It's awesome. The ability to go invisible and retreat for a moment is a godsend in this game; shit can get hectic.

So, when should I open that golden key crate in Sanctuary?

P.S How do I get that Goliath trophy? I'm pretty sure He's powered up 4 times when I kill him.

They have to go to the next level beyond Ultimate Badass Goliath. I think it's called "Fatal GOD-liath.

So:
Raging Goliath
Badass Goliath
Super Badass Goliath
Ultimate Badass Goliath
Fatal GOD-liath

Took me a few tries too. A good place to test this is at Frostburn Cavern, they're all over the place.

Raide

The game has definitely clicked with me during the last few hours. I'm a Lvl 13 Assassin and I feel unstoppable. It's awesome. The ability to go invisible and retreat for a moment is a godsend in this game; shit can get hectic.

So, when should I open that golden key crate in Sanctuary?

Either Max Level or if you hit a brick wall for loot drops. :D

h3ro

A spider just dropped this gem while I was doing the Bane mission.

Sq9z9l.jpg

I need this gun in my life. Now.

Anyone else using Maya that played Lilith in B1 keep reflexively triggering Phaselock thinking "oh shit, time to GTFO, PHASEWALK TIME!!!!"?

I miss you, Lilith. Maya is a badddd trick, but she ain't you.

Also, Adam, any chance you guys could patch in the "Shops have new inventory" prompt? I know it's a little thing, but during my town runs for checking vendors for rares, I'm mistiming them by moments and I miss the little internal "squeeeee" that I used to let out when I saw it pop up on top of the screen.

Um, have I run into a glitch? There's a quest in Sanctuary called
'Cult Following: Eternal Flame'
but when I go to the location there's no one there to activate it(?)

Edit: Nvm, reloaded and it fixed itself.

LuchaShaq

Banned
About level 16ish does the writing ever get better? The constant bad memes and other childish but not even in a clever way random humor has made me play it on mute for awhile. I guess it didn't bother me in the original since there was way less voice acting going on.

FHIZ

I'm nearly lvl 25, and just beat the Wild Life Preserve mission and I am still getting such shitty loot, I'm looking at some of the guns people are getting in this thread and I'm starting to think the game is just trolling me at this point. Man... why'd my usual Borderlands buddy have to get a job on an oil field? We need to bond over some borderlands...
SO I CAN GET BETTER LOOT!

Anyone else using Maya that played Lilith in B1 keep reflexively triggering Phaselock thinking "oh shit, time to GTFO, PHASEWALK TIME!!!!"?

Took me about 15 levels or so to get get over that, but then I learned the ways of the Cataclysm skill tree. One of those gravity grenades + Cloudkill + phaselock with 7 level Helios skill = MUWAHAHAHA

elektrixx

Banned
I would like the option to disable the audio muffling when my co-op friend uses Salvadore. I hate it.

When I'm playing on Steam, it makes Colloquy on my iPhone drop out intermittently.

Desmond

They have to go to the next level beyond Ultimate Badass Goliath. I think it's called "Fatal GOD-liath.

So:
Raging Goliath
Badass Goliath
Super Badass Goliath
Ultimate Badass Goliath
Fatal GOD-liath

Took me a few tries too. A good place to test this is at Frostburn Cavern, they're all over the place.
Oh, thanks.

Gaspode_T

Still can't play Borderlands 2 and Steam support has yet to reply to my mail, if they really make me wait till Japan release date...$59 for a month plus of waiting is kind of pissing me off. Saw someone else posting on Steam forum that they are having same issue after buying from Aussie store but living in Japan.

FYI, you can buy games off Steam US store just by visiting from US computer or US proxy, but then apparently the client can still block you if it thinks you shouldnt be playing the game yet.

I was going to go pick up the 360 version instead but the Akihabara import shop is sold out...I am such a fan of Borderlands and yet so many people are playing it before me, like is not fair sometimes :p

What stat bonus is everyone spending their Badass tokens on?

I'm playing a melee build Zero at the moment, tempted to spend all my tokens on melee damage but don't know if it's all that useful since I get lots of melee bonus from my skill tree anyway, and the bonus applies to all characters on my profile so I want to pick one that is useful for my other characters as well. Which one do you guys think is the best?

• Critical Hit Damage
  • Elemental Effect Damage
  • Maximum Health
  • Fire Rate
  • Grenade Damage
  • Shield Capacity
  • Shield Recharge Delay
  • Shield Recharge Rate
  • Melee Damage
  • Gun Accuracy
  • Gun Damage
  • Recoil Speed

If your going melee, I would suggest critical damage and melee damage.

With my zero I focused on the sniping tree and gave as much badass points as I could towards critical damage. But really you shouldn't focus too much on them thinking you picked a wrong one. You eventually get so many bad ass points that it really won't matter IMO.

HoosTrax

Saw someone else posting on Steam forum that they are having same issue after buying from Aussie store but living in Japan.

FYI, you can buy games off Steam US store just by visiting from US computer or US proxy, but then apparently the client can still block you if it thinks you shouldnt be playing the game yet.
Isn't this exactly what you're not supposed to do, and something that can lead to a ban? Using VPN to bypass regional pricing.

You'll probably only get a warning for it if it's your first time, but you can avoid drawing the ire of Steam by paying an Aussie to buy it for you and gifting the game to you.

ToS:
A. Payment Authorization.

When you provide payment information to Valve or to one of its payment processors, you represent to Valve that you are the authorized user of the card, PIN, key or account associated with that payment, and you authorize Valve to charge your credit card or to process your payment with the chosen third-party payment processor for any Subscription, Steam Wallet funds, or other fees incurred by you. Valve may require you to provide your address or other information in order to meet Valve's obligations under applicable tax law.

For Subscriptions purchased based on an agreed usage period, where recurring payments are made in exchange for continued usage, (“Recurring Payment Subscriptions”), by continuing to use the Recurring Payment Subscription, you agree and reaffirm that Valve is authorized to charge your credit card (or your Steam Wallet, if funded), or to process your payment with any other applicable third-party payment processor, for any applicable recurring payment amounts. If you have purchased any Recurring Payment Subscriptions, you agree to notify Valve promptly of any changes to your credit card account number, its expiration date and/or your billing address, or your PayPal or other payment account number, and you agree to notify Valve promptly if your credit card or PayPal or other payment account expires or is canceled for any reason.

If your use of Steam is subject to any type of use or sales tax, then Valve may also charge you for those taxes, in addition to the Subscription or other fees published in the Rules of Use. The European Union VAT (“VAT”) tax amounts collected by Valve reflect VAT due on the value of any Software or Subscription.

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

TheUsual

Gold Member
So I got this dropped during
the medical mystery quest by Dr. Zed
vg8LW.jpg

shoots infinite rounds and consumes no ammo

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Fuck my life, was just supposed to buy a pair of in-ear headphones, but bought a PC copy of the game while at it. And I haven't even played the first game, ever!

what have i done

Gave into the hype to a game which really is all that. Especially when playing online with folks and using mics. So good. Especially on PC with that gangster like IQ.

Arucardo

Oh man, totally lost it at Shooty McFace, there's a surprising amount of properly funny stuff in this, some nice references too, like Skyrim and TMNT.

AIRic

This game is not very generous compared to the first or I'm just very unlucky! I'm level 27 and still no orange weapons :(.

This game is a very strong contender for my personal GOTY. When everyone were saying that improves everything about the first BL, they didn't lied. Let's hope that the DLC will be great like they were for Borderlands 1.

Oh man, totally lost it at Shooty McFace, there's a surprising amount of properly funny stuff in this, some nice references too, like Skyrim and TMNT.

Not in the leg, IN THE FACE

Fake Edit* I am a level 23 Gunzerker and have $26,000. What should I do with it? Slot machines?

I've yet to find an orange gun :(

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
By the way there are a lot of legendaries that I haven't seen many people discover. Though one of my favorites is "The Deliverance" which I've seen a few discover (Not sure if anyone on GAF has it)

Gvaz

Banned
So do you have to have beaten Borderlands 1 to play this?

I could never get into that game by myself and no one plays anymore...

Wallach

Getting knocked out of sprint every time you activate Decepti0n is really annoying, not to mention that the direction the decoy actually goes isn't determined until the animation finishes rather than when you actually activate. It's something that feels like it should be used while moving and out of all the class skills is the least usable during movement.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So do you have to have beaten Borderlands 1 to play this?

I could never get into that game by myself and no one plays anymore...
Not at all really.

I never finished it and I feel they recap events very smoothly and made it especially good for new players. No knowledge is assumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom