• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephon

What is the deal with all these safes in the world that have a T on them (and a green light). When you click on them the light turns red and it makes a locked sound.

EDIT: WOW i just tried hitting the lock with melee and it works! (missed about 10 before this)

Was just about to post the solution to this, I think the first one you encounter prompts you to melee it, but it's easy to miss dialog/information in a game like this where there's usually not a dull moment.

Loving the game so far overall, put in over 36 hours this weekend and now I'm seeing critical hit-texts everytime I close my eyes.
Can't decide on a character which is breaking me, I've leveled every characters to 8-18 and I can only exclude Salvador so far.

I absolutely adore the enemies who shout stuff like "Look at me while I'm charging at you" and countless other loveable recordings.

HoosTrax

I think this achievement might not be working (PC version):

Definitely An Italian Plumber
Killed Donkey Mong

I think I found him near the end of the game, in one of the Eridium-tainted regions in front of a bridge and killed him.

Santiako

I think this achievement might not be working (PC version):

Definitely An Italian Plumber
Killed Donkey Mong

I think I found him near the end of the game, in one of the Eridium-tainted regions in front of a bridge and killed him.

You killed King Mong, not Donkey Mong.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just shot a guy in the face and he yelled "My anus!"

I lol'd hard.

Ban Puncher

Finished the game with my group this evening, Level 31 and now mopping up on side quests solo. Thoroughly enjoying the game and cannot wait for the new Mechromancer class and DLC expansions.

Only sad thing is I haven't found anything above purple. C'mon son, where are my awesomely rare items to make my fellow party members jealous as all fuck?

So I found this grenade mod that did decent damage and split into 7 smaller grenades as well, and I was all like "this seems dope", than I chucked one at a something... and it disappeared from my hand... and then reappeared stuck to the fucker and blew the fuck up and then blew the fuck up again and then blew the fuck up 7 more times.

Fuck this game is awesome.

HoosTrax

One thing I wish the game had was some class-specific dialogue when speaking to NPCs, instead of always treating you like a generic Vault Hunter.
Like Jack never really reacts any differently if you're playing Maya (a Siren), and neither does Lilith -- you'd think both of them would actually acknowledge that, considering how rare and...sought after...Sirens are. The only nod to this that I saw was the Wanted posters, where Maya was valued way more highly than the other three.

Megasoum

Banned
Damn Randy is tweeting Shift codes again. I entered the pc code that is supposed to be good for 100 uses literraly seconds after the tweets and it was already gone!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
2012092300002g.jpg

which of these 2 would you equip?

On the Left: 2800 shields / 1800 HP, 5 second recharge delay

On the Right: 1900 shields / 2500 HP, 3 second recharge delay

Opinions pleze.

Honestly neither, get a shield with Nova makes thing so much easier.

Damn Randy is tweeting Shift codes again. I entered the pc code that is supposed to be good for 100 uses literraly seconds after the tweets and it was already gone!

Same here with the PS3 version :(

I really want another golden key, as I stupidly used one of mine the first time I got to Sanctuary at like, level 5 or something, lol.

HoosTrax

Whether or not you're using Ward (increase shield capacity+recharge rate) and Inertia (trigger recharge on kill) is going to have an impact on shield decision for Sirens.

Megasoum

Banned
Same here with the PS3 version :(

I really want another golden key, as I stupidly used one of mine the first time I got to Sanctuary at like, level 5 or something, lol.

I have a feeling they were not really good for 100 redeem cause I easily got a key in the last 2 giveaway and I wasn't as fast to enter them yesterday.

Go into Extras in the main menu and sign up for that Gearbox site. They'll give you another gear.

That's where mine came from, since I didn't have a pre-order. :|

Zero's Skill + waiting till the last second to head-shot someone = Best Feeling Ever.

I think I made a mistake with Axton by not doing the early side stuff and getting some better gear/a few more levels. Might grind him a bit and see what happens but I am loving Zero so far.

His execution skill is NUTS. Using it on flying enemies and having him pull a Ryu Hayabusa flying swallow attack, seeing some massive # for the damage as you fall back to the ground is ridiculously awesome.

Gotchaye

Honestly neither, get a shield with Nova makes thing so much easier.

While I love the unique nova shields - the one that novas repeatedly and the one that novas upon losing all health too - the standard ones never impressed me that much. Better to focus on recharge delay, it seems to me.

For a while I was rocking an 8k shield with a 9k recharge rate and a 1.19s delay. Thing would recharge to full between enemy shots.

Ahhh. So any hints as to the whereabouts of Donkey Mong? Is he the True Vault Hunter version?

I found him in the second playthrough almost immediately after I killed King Mong. Wasn't paying much more attention than that, though; I think it was the southern part of the Blight, close-ish to where you get the clothes quest.

Raxus

While I love the unique nova shields - the one that novas repeatedly and the one that novas upon losing all health too - the standard ones never impressed me that much. Better to focus on recharge delay, it seems to me.

For a while I was rocking an 8k shield with a 9k recharge rate and a 1.19s delay. Thing would recharge to full between enemy shots.

crazy. I am rocking a 800 damage shield right now with 72% elemental resistance and health regen. It is boss for Salvador.

Naite

On my 2nd playthru around chapter 8-9, I'm finding Lynchwood a great place to grind, get loot and make a ton of money quick. Just go to the small area to the left and there's 5 chests waiting for you and a bunch of level 43 enemies that are fairly easy to kill. I was completely broke beforehand when I bought a new rpg, but I easily made over $300k selling all the loot and replacing most of my gear.

Izayoi

Banned
So are dark purple and light purple two separate loot tiers? I found a pistol that is a brighter shade than the other purple weapons I've picked up.
I've taken to calling them Purple and Magenta. They are two separate tiers, Magenta is more rare than the darker Purple. In order from least rare to most:

White
Green
Blue
Purple
Magenta
Orange

Razek

Banned
I've taken to calling them Purple and Magenta. They are two separate tiers, Magenta is more rare than the darker Purple. In order from least rare to most:

White
Green
Blue
Purple
Magenta
Orange

Isn't there still Yellow, Yellow-Orange, and Orange too?

Derrick01

Banned
Started playthrough 2 with my commando and immediately got a white rocket launcher that does 12k and a green sniper rifle that does 2500, both big improvements over my orange and purple stuff from the end of game 1. I also jumped a whole level in about 5 quests. Things are going to be interesting.

White
Green
Blue
Purple
Magenta
Orange

It was that way in BL1. I was always under the assumption that was their way of demoting rarity within the tier, not that it's entirely necessary.

Xevren

Started playthrough 2 with my commando and immediately got a white rocket launcher that does 12k and a green sniper rifle that does 2500, both big improvements over my orange and purple stuff from the end of game 1. I also jumped a whole level in about 5 quests. Things are going to be interesting.

Right when I started playthrough 2 I got a rocket launcher with 30k attack power, life is good.

Still would really like to see Q as an alternate pickup of loot that auto marked it as trash. That would be such a massive help. I also saw someone else mentioned another simple UI fix when you are comparing weapons you cannot use the page up and down to change the sorting without first exiting back to the main inventory menu. So many simple optimizations of interface that would go a long way.

Izayoi

Banned
I can't seem to get borderlands 2 to register that I have a borderlands 2 save. I even have a full clear :(
Did you go from Steam version to Steam version? That was my case, even though I only had a level 2 on my BL1 save. Try reinstalling the first and creating a new character, then save after you level up at least once.

Uh I couldnt find it anywhere.
Is there an online pass for this game? Thinking about going to redbox.

I like how they don't even acknowledge it as an issue. It just is. I was initially taken aback when I heard an audio recording of a man saying he was desperate to help his husband as I wasn't expecting that at all.

It was kinda cool, because they don't talk about gay marriage at all in the game, but when it pops up, it's no big deal. Good on you Gearbox.

iNvid02

Guys guys , my massage got lost in the last pages , i want to buy the game digitally what is best deal right now ?

its gonna get lost again coz you got post #98

i think greenmangaming with 20% off code GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO is still the best price now thats its no longer a preorder

Karl2177

I just need a quick clarification, if I use a Commando customization on my Zer0 playthrough, will I have it for my Commando playthrough later?

Dennis

Banned
So yeah those Rakks.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea with flying motherfuckers? In endless swarms?

One or two at a time would be OK but......

Did they not play Morrowind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom