• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best, in your gentlemans and gentle ladies opinions spec for gunzerker?

I essentially want to make a gunzerker that I can continuously fire shotguns/AR nonstop in his gunzerking mode.

Suggestions?

I'm doing a hybrid of Brawn and Rampage with an end goal of being able to Gunzerk for as long and often as is possible.

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/gunzerker.html

Rampage
Filled to the Brim - 5/5
Last Longer 5/5
I'm Ready Already 5/5
Yipee Ki Yay 5/5
Get Some 5/5
Keep Firing 1/1

Brawn
Hard to Kill 5/5
I'm the Juggernaut 5/5
Ain't Got Time to Bleed 5/5

Leaves me with 4 points I haven't quite figured out what to do with yet.

If you're looking to focus on more straight up damage without being reliant on gunzerking, you probably wanna focus on the Gun Lust tree and just skip the pistol boost if you wanna favour AR's and shotguns.

Sanctuary

Just got to
W4rD3n
, and my god is this boss annoying as hell and severely overtuned if you reach him at the "appropriate" level. That, or you have to get VERY lucky with the weapon you have when you get there. I've done every quest that I could find up until that point, and I am one level away from an ability that would help out quite a bit here.

So I got this dropped during
the medical mystery quest by Dr. Zed
vg8LW.jpg

shoots infinite rounds and consumes no ammo

You gotta be FUCKING kidding me. THIS is what I'm missing out on from the glitched Do No Harm?!?!

GAHHHHH

Just got to
W4rD3n
, and my god is this boss annoying as hell and severely overtuned if you reach him at the "appropriate" level. That, or you have to get VERY lucky with the weapon you have when you get there. I've done every quest that I could find up until that point, and I am one level away from an ability that would help out quite a bit here.

He wasn't too hard that I can recall. The hardest so far me (Level 17, Chapter 11) was that goddamned
underground worm motherfucker

Only way to beat him for me (Maya) was to lure him out to the manufacturing courtyard (already IMMENSELY DANGEROUS because of the Loaders and because of the ACTUAL HUGE WORM) and then hide behind the boxes and corner wall and poke out and Phaseblast him. Took forever but I finally did it.

The encounters are so damn hard in this game so that when I wen't back to like level 13 quests I didn't mind being overleveled. Felt fantastic to just demolish dudes with my amazing new shotgun. Michael and Slots FOREVER.

Edgeward

Giving a shit ton of money to Moxxi worked out. Got the two smgs with corrosive and fire. Now I can double fist them and let the terror reign.

I'm doing a hybrid of Brawn and Rampage with an end goal of being able to Gunzerk for as long and often as is possible.

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/gunzerker.html

Rampage
Filled to the Brim - 5/5
Last Longer 5/5
I'm Ready Already 5/5
Yipee Ki Yay 5/5
Get Some 5/5
Keep Firing 1/1

Brawn
Hard to Kill 5/5
I'm the Juggernaut 5/5
Ain't Got Time to Bleed 5/5

Leaves me with 4 points I haven't quite figured out what to do with yet.

If you're looking to focus on more straight up damage without being reliant on gunzerking, you probably wanna focus on the Gun Lust tree and just skip the pistol boost if you wanna favour AR's and shotguns.
Looks like a good build. I'll give this a shot.

edit: I actually really like this build. Continuous Gunzerking(?!) with a quicker cool down.

Razek

Banned
Sweet, finally met Michael in Sanctuary. Crappy gun but I'm still happy to have me him.

Is he that guy that randomly gives you a gun sometimes calling you a fellow vault hunter? What's his story anyways? Somebody said it was really sad or something.

Lakitu

st5fu
Michael gave me a pretty powerful sniper rifle actually, was really cool. I didn't use it as I had my preferred sniper rifle already but it was a lot better than the stuff I was finding out in the wild.

Pewp

Just got to
W4rD3n

I had a difficult time with this boss too. I had to leave the area, and grind until I found an explosive weapon with high damage (I hadn't found a corrosive weapon in the game yet).

Naite

Reaching the last few levels for my character and I've been flip-flopping on my final skills so much. If only I had about 5 more skill points.

After about six hours I finally hit my breaking point with the writing and dialog. It is so fucking annoying and so bad. I eventually just turned off the in game voices completely. I never do this in games but I just couldn't stand it any more. One of my co-op partners did the same.

The thing is, I actually kind of liked the writing in Borderlands 1. It wasn't always trying so hard to be funny. But the writer for this game should seriously not be writing dialog for a living. It is absolutely terrible 90% of the time. I will give it that every now and then it hits on a joke, but just throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks is not a good way to approach humor. Because it just annoys the players who have to listen all the bad shit.

"I won't miss all you assets in Pandoria."

Ha, get it. He said "ass." SMH.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Oh my god, getting the beacon up was the worst thing ever. Died like twenty times.

That quest is actually pretty easy once you understand the mechanics of the situation.

1. There is no time limit.
2. The beacon is immune to electrical damage.

If you blow the arms off of the regular mechs all they have left is their eyebeam electrical attack, which can't damage the beacon.

The Constructor is easily killed by shooting its "eye", one of the largest crit targets in the game. Its rockets/missiles are so large that you can peek around a building to crit the eye and just stand there. The missiles/rockets will hit the building and not you. You do need to move if it launches the nuke.

That quest is actually pretty easy once you understand the mechanics of the situation.

1. There is no time limit.
2. The beacon is immune to electrical damage.

If you blow the arms off of the regular mechs all they have left is their eyebeam electrical attack, which can't damage the beacon.

The Constructor is easily killed by shooting its "eye", one of the largest crit targets in the game. Its rockets/missiles are so large that you can peek around a building to crit the eye and just stand there. The missiles/rockets will hit the building and not you. You do need to move if it launches the nuke.

I learned #1 pretty quickly, but those other tips are good to know for later runs. Thanks!

If I played the end of a quest in co-op is there anyway to play it again from the start solo?
Missed most of (Level 14 quest)
A Train To Catch
, including some important plot stuff I think.

Razek

Banned
Bah, game is glitchy. Sometimes the scripted events don't occur. Fink's has bugged out on me twice now.

Tell me about it. Bosses don't show up, doors don't open, demos wont trigger.

The game is awesome but they really need to do some more testing on the quests, especially in coop. The quest around level 20
Wildlife preservation
was so buggy for my group that we ended up quitting from it. We got back together and tried it again, but a certain door wouldn't open because we had already done the event, thus our game was borked.

cress2000

(PC version) I can't complete the
Clan War
sidequest. The bosses don't die when their HP reaches zero and they just persist like zombies. Tried dying and even exited/restarted the game but it happens no matter which
side I choose

I copied the save in case it's of use to Gearbox.

Razek

Banned
eyFaC.png

It's just weird... What else can affect the price than the stats? They're identical in every discernible way.

In the first game this happened a bit. Keep in mind, in this game, there are also many hidden stats such as hip fire spread. I can't say for sure they are identical without playing with them.

This is a tip to people as well. It's not like the first game anymore guys with the hip fire reticules matching your gun accuracy, they are separate stats with hip fire being hidden.

After about six hours I finally hit my breaking point with the writing and dialog. It is so fucking annoying and so bad. I eventually just turned off the in game voices completely. I never do this in games but I just couldn't stand it any more. One of my co-op partners did the same.

The thing is, I actually kind of liked the writing in Borderlands 1. It wasn't always trying so hard to be funny. But the writer for this game should seriously not be writing dialog for a living. It is absolutely terrible 90% of the time. I will give it that every now and then it hits on a joke, but just throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks is not a good way to approach humor. Because it just annoys the players who have to listen all the bad shit.

"I won't miss all you assets in Pandoria."

Ha, get it. He said "ass." SMH.
I completely disagree with you. BL always had comedic undertones, BL2 just takes it to a different level. I like the over handed approach to the dialog, I feel it fits the setting and is a better game for it. Let's be honest, BL1's story wasn't bad, it just wasn't there. The game already had a sense of direction with its mechanics and a great art style, now it has those and a story with funny writing.

It's not for everyone, but it suits me just fine.

I guess we can be thankful that I can enjoy the dialog and you can just turn it off. At least we get those choices.

Helscream

Banned
Well guys I don't know the nature of this bug I am encountering, but it seems to be connected to co-op play. I was playing with a fellow gaffer today. When I entered the room I had 68k money. THen it dropped to 41k, then it dropped again to 33k. I am not sure what is causing it, but at this rate I might reach zero if it keeps up. I have tried searching to see what is causing it, but its driving me nuts. Most of my items are found not bought, but this is kinda lame whatever the case. I'll keep updating to see if I find out the source of the issue.

EDIT: Just dropped down again to 26k for no apparent reason.

Razek

Banned
I wish we had the 5th class already.

-I don't like Axtons skill, it's just not fun to use and feels really weak.
-Maya is just alright. Already played as her.
-Gunzerker is awesome but I've played him.
-Not a fan of Zer0 at all. I want to shoot my guns, not press R3 all game.

Well guys I don't know the nature of this bug I am encountering, but it seems to be connected to co-op play. I was playing with a fellow gaffer today. When I entered the room I had 68k money. THen it dropped to 41k, then it dropped again to 33k. I am not sure what is causing it, but at this rate I might reach zero if it keeps up. I have tried searching to see what is causing it, but its driving me nuts. Most of my items are found not bought, but this is kinda lame whatever the case. I'll keep updating to see if I find out the source of the issue.

Dumb question, but are you dying?

Double D

So I just did the sidequest where you bring a pizza from Moxxi's to the
lab rats and after I kill the 4 dudes to complete the quest, I'm in like their little hangout or whatever. What's the deal with the 5 red/green lights? Is this something I'll deal with later, or is it something I can do now, and if so, hep me out!
Thanks

I wish we had the 5th class already.

-I don't like Axtons skill, it's just not fun to use and feels really weak.
-Maya is just alright. Already played as her.
-Gunzerker is awesome but I've played him.
-Not a fan of Zer0 at all. I want to shoot my guns, not press R3 all game.

I know what you mean. Axton and Salvador feel too much like Roland and Brick, Maya's skill is okay but I prefer Lilith's Phasewalk, and Zer0's skill doesn't get fun until one of his skill tree's can be filled out. He's the character I've been playing as and I just keep wishing I was playing Mordecai. I really like the game but the characters are the one area that disappoints me.

lab rats and after I kill the 4 dudes to complete the quest, I'm in like their little hangout or whatever. What's the deal with the 5 red/green lights? Is this something I'll deal with later, or is it something I can do now, and if so, hep me out!
Thanks

I would like to know this as well. It drove me crazy for about 10 mins until I decided to give up and try again later.

Are you losing it during the course of fighting or while your idling in town? If its the former, there are mobs in the game named Rat Thiefs that steal money occasionally.

Megasoum

Banned
I would like to know this as well. It drove me crazy for about 10 mins until I decided to give up and try again later.

Thanks

You need to hit the 4 switches around the room until you get all green lights. This will spawn the final boss.

robot

EDIT: Beaten. That part was hysterical since we didn't know the guy popped out at first. Then all hell broke loose in the room.

Double D

You need to hit the 4 switches around the room until you get all green lights. This will spawn the final boss.

Final boss for what quest? Like I said, I completed the sidequest I was currently doing moments before I entered that room. If it's something that's related to another quest, and I'll be back here again, I'll just wait. Er, I guess I'll wait either way since I can't figure out how to get all the lights green :/

edit: Ok so I kept trying and got it somehow. The guy that spawns is
just another one of those guys like the four that was in the room before it. I guess it's just there if you feel like monkeying around with the puzzle. He dropped some decent loot

Megasoum

Banned
WHOA!! Can I still come back and do this if I didn't?

I had to go back there for another sidequest later on so yeah.

Final boss for what quest? Like I said, I completed the sidequest I was currently doing moments before I entered that room. If it's something that's related to another quest, and I'll be back here again, I'll just wait. Er, I guess I'll wait either way since I can't figure out how to get all the lights green :/

Well it's not essential to finish the quest but there's an extra "rat" (wink wink) that will spawn and drop good loot if you solve that puzzle.

Razek

Banned
I know what you mean. Axton and Salvador feel too much like Roland and Brick, Maya's skill is okay but I prefer Lilith's Phasewalk, and Zer0's skill doesn't get fun until one of his skill tree's can be filled out. He's the character I've been playing as and I just keep wishing I was playing Mordecai. I really like the game but the characters are the one area that disappoints me.

This is an issue with everyone I feel. Axton looks like he could be alright if I can get some points into his turret skills like the rockets and such. But on the flip side it's also kinda lame I have to waste points to bring him up to the other characters default 'level'.

I just wish it didn't take 20 hours to get to a fundamental part of a characters build.

Hmh, good point. Wish it'd list that as well in numbers (I thought it was just some % of the base damage), I'm a sucker for details.

There's a mod out btw. that allows even solo players to play in "4 players" mode, that is to say, enemies are significantly harder but the loot is better as well:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=148512

OH YES. Now I'm going to do a full solo play for sure. I hated how much better and awesome the game was in coop compared to single player after playing with some buddies this weekend. Thanks for pointing this out!

Helscream

Banned
Are you losing it during the course of fighting or while your idling in town? If its the former, there are mobs in the game named Rat Thiefs that steal money occasionally.

Well while I was during the Slaughterhouse arena I noticed when I was loosing alot of money. If its tied to the Rat theifs that makes sense. But I was losing enormous amounts though.

Man. Two relics from the golden key crate. How offensively unexciting. And fuck Badass Varkids. Seriously.

Is anyone else anal like me and won't use a gun because it's hideous? I'm pretty sure I've forgone quite a few good weapons for this reason alone. Here's hoping it doesn't come back to bite me.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I'm still early on, but at what point in the game am I going to get to fly a Buzzard? Those are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom