• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronabo

I think this achievement might not be working (PC version):

Definitely An Italian Plumber
Killed Donkey Mong

I think I found him near the end of the game, in one of the Eridium-tainted regions in front of a bridge and killed him.

Speaking of Donkey Kong. I swear I've heard Mario's walking and jumping sounds in the game sometimes.

HoosTrax

So yeah those Rakks.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea with flying motherfuckers? In endless swarms?

One or two at a time would be OK but......

Did they not play Morrowind?
I don't remember Cliff Racers being nearly this annoying. Those Rakk love to knock your shield off, making you easy prey for Skag and Bollymong.

I don't remember Cliff Racers being nearly this annoying. Those Rakk love to knock your shield off, making you easy prey for Skag and Bollymong.

You are clearly mis-remembering then, as while the Rakks are annoying, they are not even on the same level as the almighty cliffracers.

So yeah those Rakks.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea with flying motherfuckers? In endless swarms?

They aren't that bothersome to me. I just ignore them or if they get in my way my shield will fry them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Rakks haven't bothered me thus far, but then I'm comparing their instances to that of Dr. Ned -- there were about 20 of the bloody things flying about the small coastal area near the entrance to Generally Hospital.

2012092300003.jpg

worth buying? I have about $140k in the bank and it has some really nice skill boosts.

Derrick01

Banned
So yeah those Rakks.

I don't get why people hate them so much. They're incredibly easy to kill if you have any kind of fast shooting weapon.

HoosTrax

The Rakks haven't bothered me thus far, but then I'm comparing their instances to that of Dr. Ned -- there were about 20 of the bloody things flying about the small coastal area near the entrance to Generally Hospital.
Flying enemies (not specifically referring to Rakk) will become more of a general nuisance later in the game.

I don't get why people hate them so much. They're incredibly easy to kill if you have any kind of fast shooting weapon.
By themselves yes, but if you aggro them while at the same time fighting other enemies, they're very annoying if they swoop down and knock your shield off at the wrong time.

I don't get it either, tbh. mild annoyances at worst.

Flying enemies (not specifically referring to Rakk) will become more of a general nuisance later in the game.
maybe the second playthrough.

By themselves yes, but if you aggro them while at the same time fighting other enemies, they're very annoying if you swoop down and knock your shield off at the wrong time.
I like that mechanic about them, though. it's basically the only way they become of value as an enemy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can somebody help me out?

I don't think I'm getting the reward from Moxxi when it comes to tipping her because apparently in doing a mission for her but I have no idea what it is. She won't give me the regular prompts when I tip her and all she keeps saying is "hows that job coming along i told you to do," so that leads me to believe a side quest is holding this up. Though none of them seem to relate to her at all:
- Safe and Sound
- Perfectly Peaceful
- Stalker of Stalkers
- The Overlooked Medicine Man
- Arms Dealing
- Hidden Journals
- Slap-Happy
- The Ice Man Cometh
- Pretty Good Train Robbery
- Doctor's Orders

What do I need to do to return things to normal? Adam? :(

Unicorn

1:20:32:43

In 2 days, with like a few hours on Thursday night. The worst part?

I'm at the title screen right now ready to play more.

Razek

Banned
2012092300003.jpg

worth buying? I have about $140k in the bank and it has some really nice skill boosts.

Skills aren't bad. The quality of the actual mod though is lacking. (I've seen very low level 70+%'s with less than a 10% accuracy penalty)

Edit: Personally, with maya, I would invest in class mods and relics that decrease her cooldown.

I feel like respec-ing Axton. Any Commandos here have any suggestions on what to focus on?

I'm lvl 35 and put everything into survival so far just so I can get the 2 turrets lol and I JUST unlocked it :) I think survival is good for coop as it can shield allies plus the turrets are always helpful.

Skills aren't bad. The quality of the actual mod though is lacking. (I've seen very low level 70+%'s with less than a 10% accuracy penalty)

I have one of those. 77% accuracy and 10% penalty. only worth $200 according to the game, and I don't understand why.

But this one...with the skill boosts, we're talking about:

+25% Crit Hit damage
+40% Fire Rate
+24% Damage

for all weapons, in addition to the built-in +64% SMG damage.

Megasoum

Banned
Lol... (sidequest spoiler)
Doing a "Trexican standoff" when you have a turret that shoot missiles is just not fair
hahaha

Shinjica

I dont know what happen but after a restart of the game, 2 weapon slot are returned blocked and now i can use only 2 weapon slot.

someone other than me have encountered this problem?

Razek

Banned
I have one of those. 77% accuracy and 10% penalty. only worth $200 according to the game, and I don't understand why.

But this one...with the skill boosts, we're talking about:

+25% Crit Hit damage
+40% Fire Rate
+24% Damage

for all weapons, in addition to the built-in +64% SMG damage.

I would go for it then if you want to play SMG's. I think they are a lot of fun and my favorite gun type, albeit, they are a bit weak (This class mod definitely makes up for it though).

I know stat bonuses gained from using Badass tokens are carried over to other characters that are created. But if all the characters were deleted, would that also reset/delete all the progress made from using the tokens? Or is it always there in the background for when a character is created?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So many sidequests to do...I wish it were easier to multi-track and get around so I was more motivated to complete them all...

Just hit 20 and boy I'm loving maya. I phase lock enemies and kill them - gaining health and dealing extra fire and acid damage. Amazing.

Razek

Banned
I know stat bonuses gained from using Badass tokens are carried over to other characters that are created. But if all the characters were deleted, would that also reset/delete all the progress made from using the tokens? Or is it always there in the background for when a character is created?

I'm pretty sure it's just a main save file somewhere that keeps track of the info. I don't think it's possible to take away points, even by deleting characters.

HoosTrax

The save data for BL2 consists of a profile.bin file and a "*.sav" file for each character. So I guess the profile.bin is used for global data not specific to a character.

abundant

Just hit 20 and boy I'm loving maya. I phase lock enemies and kill them - gaining health and dealing extra fire and acid damage. Amazing.

Level 20 is where Maya starts to shine. The Cataclysm tree, with Flicker, Reaper, Chain Reaction, and Helios destroys everything that can be Phaselocked. I can't wait until I hit level 31 and unlock Ruin.

Razek

Banned
Having to sit in my car and wait for the day-night cycle to go from day to night is really boring...

Speaking of which, why is it ALWAYS night in this game? Instead of having the map default start time at 5 PM, why not make in the morning instead. It's really hard to see stuff on the PS3 version on my TV because of the insane blue contrast over everything.

I'm pretty sure it's just a main save file somewhere that keeps track of the info. I don't think it's possible to take away points, even by deleting characters.

The save data for BL2 consists of a profile.bin file and a "*.sav" file for each character. So I guess the profile.bin is used for global data not specific to a character.

I see. I figured there was a file somewhere it was all stored in. I'm not happy with what I've chosen and I'm questioning if I'll even continue with my character after I've finished the game once, as I'm debating on starting a new playthrough with a different character and I'd like to start over with the Badass bonuses as well.

So yeah those Rakks.

You just gotta figure out the direction they'll dive bomb at you, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

What is the best, in your gentlemans and gentle ladies opinions spec for gunzerker?

I essentially want to make a gunzerker that I can continuously fire shotguns/AR nonstop in his gunzerking mode.

Suggestions?

I know that it was mentioned earlier but I'd like to add my voice to the choir calling for the return of the "Shops Have New Inventory" announcements. Can't believe how much I miss them.

Loving the game though. Loving it.

Lakitu

st5fu
So many sidequests to do...I wish it were easier to multi-track and get around so I was more motivated to complete them all...

Yeah, for instance I wish areas would be updated on the fast travel screen to indicate that there are new side quests available there. Unless there aren't but I always get the feeling that I'm missing some stuff out.

Derrick01

Banned
Constructors are absolutely ridiculous, even with caustic weapons!
LLShC.gif

Need a good rocket launcher for them. I had one that shot 2 at a time but each missile broke off into 3 pieces. I was able to take them down before running out of the clip.

Hell with that I was able to take the final boss down to 20-25% health before running out of missiles.

Xater

I have to say that during the last fourth of the game it got really boring. Mostly because I tried to do all the quests and a lot of the sidequest are just pure garbage. Then I started doing the main quest only and it got better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom