• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
It's great when you are running low on cash and your quests sends you killing those big crystal 3 leg mobs. I make them explode and then run around in circle with auto-loot doing ding ding ding ding ding lol

Gav47

Capacity could be higher but at least I'll never run out of bullets.

iPIsc.jpg

Sanctuary

He wasn't too hard that I can recall.

I was level 15, and totally unprepared for his protections.

I had a corrosive sniper that wasted all of the bots up until that point, but the electric SMG that I had did absolutely NOTHING against his shields, even when shooting the "eye" for non stop crits. I would die from the adds if I focused on the eye, and if I did not focus on it, the boss' shields would be right back by the time I killed all of the adds. So I bought an electric sniper that had a high firing rate, got lucky and found an electric grenade mod as well as a rocket launcher/shotgun that did 688x3 on my trip back through the bandit hideout and the boss went down in under 10s.

Capacity could be higher but at least I'll never run out of bullets.

That's awesome. I just recently found my first epic shield at level 15. It upped them to 689 while slightly lowering my health (which is irrelevant).

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm...where do you go in The Fridge for the side quest "Note for Self-Person? The Goliath thing. The unexplored area on the map seems to be blocked by closed door. I see some kind of power line network that I can follow around but I can't find anything to do with them.

Lakitu

st5fu
It's 1am here and this thread makes me want to play it, stop.

Although I am curious at how far I have progressed, I'm level 14 and I've just found
Lilith, got a couple of quests from her and I have to rescue Roland.
I've completed all side quests up to now, discovered a bunch of locations like Three Horns Valley and Divide. I know it's difficult to tell in RPGs but I hope I've barely scratched the surface :)

wsippel

Banned
Hmm...where do you go in The Fridge for the side quest "Note for Self-Person? The Goliath thing. The unexplored area on the map seems to be blocked by closed door. I see some kind of power line network that I can follow around but I can't find anything to do with them.
You need to do a sidequest for Scooter first. Collecting flowers for his girlfriend.

FINALBOSS

Banned
It's 1am here and this thread makes me want to play it, stop.

Although I am curious at how far I have progressed, I'm level 14 and I've just found
Lilith, got a couple of quests from her and I have to rescue Roland.
I've completed all side quests up to now, discovered a bunch of locations like Three Horns Valley and Divide. I know it's difficult to tell in RPGs but I hope I've barely scratched the surface :)

Barely scratched the surface.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can somebody help me out?

I don't think I'm getting the reward from Moxxi when it comes to tipping her because apparently in doing a mission for her but I have no idea what it is. She won't give me the regular prompts when I tip her and all she keeps saying is "hows that job coming along i told you to do," so that leads me to believe a side quest is holding this up. Though none of them seem to relate to her at all:
- Safe and Sound
- Perfectly Peaceful
- Stalker of Stalkers
- The Overlooked Medicine Man
- Arms Dealing
- Hidden Journals
- Slap-Happy
- The Ice Man Cometh
- Pretty Good Train Robbery
- Doctor's Orders

What do I need to do to return things to normal? Adam? :(
Anyone? :(

wsippel

Banned
Yeah ok I forgot to mention... I did the side quest and I got the actual "Note for Self Person" quest. I just don't know what to do now.
Wait... You did that quest, brought his girlfriend the flowers and the pizza, and the door closed again? Sounds like a glitch...

Razek

Banned
For those who have beaten the game or have seen enough of the sidequests, is there an armory/weapons cache similar to Knoxx (I don't want story specifics, just a yes or no please)?

Avinexus

For those who have beaten the game or have seen enough of the sidequests, is there an armory/weapons cache similar to Knoxx (I don't want story specifics, just a yes or no please)?

No, unless there is a hidden one that nobody has found yet. Chests in general seem to be pretty rare. The more I play the more I scratch my head about gameplay decisions they have made.

Alex

Sarcastic Slab is the best enemy of all time, holy shit people were dying laughing over mumble at that guy.

I was planning on hoarding all the items I got with red text like I did in BL1 but I went through bank space pretty quick. :(

I also somehow lost the gun you get
after solving the murder in sanctuary
when it was good enough to last me 8 or so levels. It was still pretty effective, too.

No, unless there is a hidden one that nobody has found yet. Chest's in general seem to be pretty rare. The more I play the more I scratch my head about gameplay decisions they have made.

Red chests definitely. The white weapon boxes, and the Dahl ones aren't that uncommon, but they tend to give pistols, shields, and class mods. No worthwhile weapons.

The outhouses and...whatever the Hyperion outhouse equivalent is aren't uncommon either, and they carry a wide variety of stuff.

Megasoum

Banned
So I pretty much spent my whole day doing all the side quests I had in my log from Sanctuary
After the city is phased back
and now my next story mission (Wildlife) is "Trivial"...

And yet, even with all that I still can't finish the stupid Bandit Slaughter house lol.

KarmaCow

Is there some sort to the Demon Hunter quest? It wasn't above my level but I was reduced to cheesing it by staying on the railing above the elevator. I couldn't outrun the electrical lob shots which meant once it started doing that I was pretty much dead.

I've been scanning some of the QR codes I've come across too, ones that come to mind right now is finding the postcard with "HO OH" that was in Borderlands 1 too and Moxxi's pizza with a "Picard" quote.

Please post them in spoiler tags for those of us who don't have smartphones. I'd really like to know what they are.

I was planning on hoarding all the items I got with red text like I did in BL1 but I went through bank space pretty quick. :(

I also somehow lost the gun you get
after solving the murder in sanctuary
when it was good enough to last me 8 or so levels. It was still pretty effective, too.

There's really no point. If you want to be a collector, I guess that's fine, but I'd say about 75% of the red text weapons aren't great if you find loot around your level.

That being said,
Moxxi's shotgun, and rocket launcher
are ridiculous. So is
Mordecai's sniper
. It ignores shield completely, and directly damages health. So good.

Jac_Solar

I've only run into one kind of Orange.

A shitload.

Quite large.

Thanks. :)

But, I wonder why the developers haven't mentioned how many models there are? They obviously recognize that it's a big part of Borderlands since they used some greatly exaggerated numbers for fun/amusement in ad campaigns/trailers/general P.R stuff, but they haven't once mentioned how many actual weapon models there are?

Maybe they've mentioned it somewhere, but I'd have thought that, since it certainly seems like they pride themselves on the amount of weapons in Borderlands/make it a big selling point of the game itself, the amount of weapon models would be something they'd mention once every interview-couple of interviews.

Or maybe there aren't that many, and putting a number on it might hurt sales to varying degrees (As opposed to using obviously exaggerated numbers like "a gazilion".), or something like that.

Megasoum

Banned

But, I wonder why the developers haven't mentioned how many models there are? They obviously recognize that it's a big part of Borderlands since they used some greatly exaggerated numbers for fun/amusement in ad campaigns/trailers/general P.R stuff, but they haven't once mentioned how many actual weapon models there are?

Maybe they've mentioned it somewhere, but I'd have thought that, since it certainly seems like they pride themselves on the amount of weapons in Borderlands/make it a big selling point of the game itself, the amount of weapon models would be something they'd mention once every interview-couple of interviews.

Or maybe there aren't that many, and putting a number on it might hurt sales to varying degrees (As opposed to using obviously exaggerated numbers like "a gazilion".), or something like that.

Wow you really won't let that go do you? You've been asking that for like 4 pages now.

As far as I know there's not even full gun models in the game (except for some uniques I assume). It's all modular parts. So x numbers of stock combined with y number of scopes combined with z number of barrels etc etc. And you add the different manufacturer charactiristic in there and you got a shit ton of possibilities.

I guess they could give us a number on how many of each gun parts there is in the game but that would still not give you the info you are looking for.

DTKT

That's a silly thing to harp about. There are plenty of different guns and most of time, they all behave in different ways.

Also, I wish you could fly a Buzzard. :|

wsippel

Banned

Each weapon is made of up to 14 components if I remember correctly. There are several different variations of each component, not all weapons use all 14 component types, and there are incompatible types as well. Including different textures, there should be several thousand different looking weapons (I'm not sure anyone, including Gearbox, ever did the math), but the differences are often subtle. Even many "unique" weapons, while still recognizable, come in lots of slightly different versions.

jediyoshi

Why would they assume the number of models is a big part of Borderlands? You're mixing up your extrapolating. Does the average person care about texture resolution and polygon count too?

Razek

Banned
Getting pretty bummed about killing bosses and all their loot drops through the floor :(

My favorite moment with this:

"HOLY CRAP Razek! Check out this awesome SMG I got from the slots!"
"Lemme see!"
*Throws it on Moxxi's floor, it stops bouncing and settles, then proceeds to sink through never to be seen again.
*Sadness ensues.

Why does loot explode so high up in the air when you kill a boss, anyway? There's a chance that can flop to another dimension, and I'd be pissed if it was a legendary.

Izayoi

Banned
My favorite moment with this:

"HOLY CRAP Razek! Check out this awesome SMG I got from the slots!"
"Lemme see!"
*Throws it on Moxxi's floor, it stops bouncing and settles, then proceeds to sink through never to be seen again.
*Sadness ensues.
That's why you always, always, use the trade system to show people loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom