• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I mistakenly opened the gold chest in sanctuary, and then immediately turned off my system. It saved the key being used however... Am I totally screwed? :(

Signing up for a Shift account, then linking it to your Steam account via Borderlands 2 (Main Menu -> Extras -> Shift Code), nets you another key. After you successfully sign in to your Shift account from within the game, you'll be asked for a code, but just go back and resume your save at that point and you should be greeted with a message informing you that you now have an extra key.

"OK guys, I have 30 minutes left to play. Lets do one of those small side quests"

*three hours later*

"That was fun. Lets head to Sanctuary to sell stuff."

Jesus, this game is too addictive, and its criminal to call most of those things "side missions". Once you go into the rabbit hole you have no idea how deep it goes. That's a compliment BTW.

Also, for co-op, how are people managing distributing loot among friends? We've settled on giving each player a dibbs on either a single weapon type or single manufacturer. Its not perfect, since our Sniper Zero and my Elemental Siren both want that blue Corrosive Sniper we just found, but it makes things easier the other 90% of the time.

Any system you guys are using that works? Or what absolutely doesn't work?

Razek

Banned
"OK guys, I have 30 minutes left to play. Lets do one of those small side quests"

*three hours later*

"That was fun. Lets head to Sanctuary to sell stuff."

Jesus, this game is too addictive, and its criminal to call most of those things "side missions". Once you go into the rabbit hole you have no idea how deep it goes. That's a compliment BTW.

Also, for co-op, how are people managing distributing loot among friends? We've settled on giving each player a dibbs on either a single weapon type or single manufacturer. Its not perfect, since our Sniper Zero and my Elemental Siren both want that blue Corrosive Sniper we just found, but it makes things easier the other 90% of the time.

Any system you guys are using that works? Or what absolutely doesn't work?

We have a friend who hardly ever plays, so we give him the good stuff. Then it goes to the next guy since he doesn't play much either. I generally get the worst stuff.

But yeah, I love that Sanctuary is a hub now. I also love that everything is leveled there, unlike previous BLands towns. So you go there, sell, check the machines, bank, play some slots, upgrade sdus, and talk about cool gear/your build with your buddies. Such an awesome thing they did with that. I just wish they cut the NPC's down because it runs pretty choppy on consoles in coop.

Don't take the story too seriously and enjoy a pretty awesome game!

Wow, doing a new game plus with a partner. Enemies are a lot tougher. I love how they changed some of the enemy skins too, so your not exactly cycling through the exact same looking enemies.

Just had this drop from my first final boss kill on the second playthrough. Thought it was neat that they remade one of the Borderlands 1 oranges for Borderlands 2. I'm not sure what the special effect is, but the game certainly thinks it's valuable (sells for 5x what otherwise superior rifles sell for).

Oh god. YES. I loved that sniper in the first game.

It doesn't just do fire damage. It EXPLODES and does fire damage. So good.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Rocket pods on Sabre turrets is just wow, shreds most mobs into bits! Currently lvl 25 and haven't found a decent Assault Rifle yet, whats everyone else using?

Rocket pods on Sabre turrets is just wow, shreds most mobs into bits! Currently lvl 25 and haven't found a decent Assault Rifle yet, whats everyone else using?

Good, non-Jakobs assault rifles are hard to come by. And when you do find them, the accuracy sucks...except for the burst fire ones. :\

Sorry if this has been asked before, just not sure whats up.

I'm playing co-op with my brother, we're the same level and on the same quest etc. But for some reason when I start the game everything is really weak, like 3-5 levels below us and the gear is mostly too.

But when he loads his character in single player they're higher than him, yet when I do the same they're still low level even on single player and give shit all exp etc.

What am I doing wrong if anything? Bit confusing.

Ridesh

Banned
Lvl 12 mission:
I failed to rescue Roland at Bloodshot Ramparts, now I have to go to Friendship Gulad to rescue him.

I didn't lose anything, right?

FtHTiny

Is someone of you guys max level already?
How does it work out, you finish true vault hunter mode and you are besically done with the game or are there more ng+?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Level 16 and the game is really picking up now that more interesting loot is dropping. Having fun so far.

One small problem, I remember there were times in the first game where you had like 4 quests in a zone you could do before running back and collecting the rewards. Now it kindof seems like they make you go through the whole area once in a story mission and once more afterwords as a side mission. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I miss the more constant completion of quests in the old game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on the last story mission, and this part made me laugh:
Claptrap finally opening the doors, only to find a huge set of stairs. And then his long list of weaknesses.

Duallusion

This game...

If it had a portal-to-town equivalent (seriously, Gearbox, do it - if I want to farm xp, I want to do it whenever and wherever I want to, damn it) and a couple of other tiny issues sorted (fuck off, timed missions, etc.), this would be god tier, as far as I'm concerned. Now it's "just" demigod-tier. I'm helplessly addicted; I think about it when I go to sleep and when I wake up. It's almost pathetic how much I'm enjoying it.

Loot potential, gun design and feel, all in all great shooting mechanics (better in this regard then a lot of "pure" FPS'), enemy diversity and behavior (how they stagger, trip, limp, burn, get electrocuted, get their arms shot off and their quips and the screams and the dying words, my god, all of it), the pop-nods and references, the offbeat characters and story, humour with a dark edge to it all, the world, co-op (that I don' play, but still)... Man o' man, is it just fucking great or what. I even love the damn slot machines.

Even if not quite perfect, Borderlands 2 is just pure awesome sex to happiness chemicals in my brain and it just might turn out to be game of the fucking gen for me, or at least in top 3. Hell, it's even in my top 10 ever, perhaps. This. Damn. Game.

red731

Don't take the story too seriously and enjoy a pretty awesome game!

I've been waiting for the package to arrive on Friday, but - NOPE.
Finished two games from backlog over weekend(Crysis2,BatmanAA).

I know what to expect Razek :D AWWW YEAAAHH! Work can't end soon enough.

Autofokus

Two questions:

* How does picking up ammo work in co-op? In single player you pick up only the ammo you need, but in co-op you grab everything whether you need that particular ammo or not. Does the game distribute ammo among each player? Whats going on here and whats the best way to deal with ammo in a group?

* None of us use the trade window because it doesn't seem to allow you to compare an item against your backpack and equipped items. Are we missing something? Because otherwise its mostly pointless.

1) If let's say your assault ammo is full and you pick some up, it gets distributed to the other players, if not, you get the ammo for yourself. You can't pick up anymore ammo if all players are full.

2) Trading function isn't very useful between friends, playing with strangers on the other hand..you don't want just drop your loot for the wrong one to snatch it.

Tambini

So I bought the season pass when it was mispriced for £7.99 and stored it as a gift in my inventory but when I try to redeem it, it says "This item requires you own the base game "Borderlands 2 RU" before it can be added to your library.".

Anyone else get this?

Atruvius

So I bought the season pass when it was mispriced for £7.99 and stored it as a gift in my inventory but when I try to redeem it, it says "This item requires you own the base game "Borderlands 2 RU" before it can be added to your library.".

Anyone else get this?

Which Borderlands 2 you got? RU version or regular?

Mikeside

Anyone else get this?

A friend of mine got the same issue, but my copy was fine. Weird. I'm sure Steam or Gearbox will be able to sort it for you.

Tambini

Do you have RU version of the season pass. Did you buy it straight from Steam or from somewhere else?

Maybe contact the place where you bought the season pass.

Yeah it was straight from Steam. I contacted Steam support now but not sure what they will be able to do.

eek5

Wait, what's going on here? I've gone past that point twice on two characters and never had that happen. I've only had to go there for a side mission.

I think it is timed. I did it on coop and we cleared it and that was that. Later I soloed w/ another char (zero) and I could not dps enough to kill it w/o dying and they shuttled him away to another area. The failure mission is pretty cool (hyperion tileset). Not sure if it used for anything else. I do not think there are any additional rewards/penalties other than having to clear another area.

catabarez

I lol'd so hard on the
TMNT
side-quest. Played a few quests on Steam with GAF'er catabarez - fun times.

I even clipped through the level kind of in Sanctuary.

506BA2A95929E6341B6F5BFCF78FB7EF86AC7EAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom