• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Whats a good build that can take full advantage of Zer0's deception? I switched to full bloodshed after going mostly Sniping and am actually enjoying Zer0 a lot more. I'm lvl 22, right now. I'm assuming Cunning mixed with Bloodshed is the way to go. Any suggestions?

Go Cunning with Sniping secondary (into Headsh0t, Killer, B0re, Vel0city). Get all the gun damage stuff from Cunning on the way to Death Bl0ss0m. Lots of gun choices work with Cunning, but get something good for medium/close range for coming out of Decepti0n. Vel0city will make a bunch of weapons more viable at longer distances, especially Torgue stuff.

Damn, no wonder so many people are using their keys on the golden chest by accident.

It looks little different than any other chest. Walked around the corner and almost opened it up myself!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
She has a second gun? I am positive I tipped her over 50k so it must be more than that.
Yeah she has the
Good and the bad guns, first she gives you her second favorite, then her favorite
. I'm leaning towards it being random too. Everyone here has had her give the guns at different increments. But so far it seems only two of them.

also I thought they patched the golden key thing.... I used it and got 255 keys.... got about 200 left I use about 5 or so ever few levels...I started a siren up and she had 210 keys lol.....

Tip" also money is useless in this game I've used a shit load on the slot machines. mostly for E...having a shit load of money mean they will just take it when you die... I died on a boss like 10 times ,and lost 40k+ since then I just use it on the slot machines until 3k< ..... why waste it.

What do you mean? You used 255 emails to make 255 accounts?

Also where do you get this "Shift code" for the golden key?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You can edit a .ini file in the game directory or something and crank it up to 255 keys.

It's pretty damn easy to key hack in this game. I haven't done it though, why devalue loot in a loot game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aren't light purples just E-Tech weapons?

Granted they are probably rarer.
Yeah I don't think there's two kinds..

Pink-ish/Magentas that are E-Tech
Purple that are Rare

Are there still multiple shades of orange however? That's the stupidest thing in the world to have though, why couldn't they just use other colours :/

neoism

You can edit a .ini file in the game directory or something and crank it up to 255 keys.

It's pretty damn easy to key hack in this game. I haven't done it though, why devalue loot in a loot game.

yeh the ini file thing to easy lol it really doesn't devalue the loot it only has purples and most are shitty so its really just a alot of money but I'm saving them for really high levels. most of them anyway. lol oranges need to start dropping

Wallach

Aren't light purples just E-Tech weapons?

Granted they are probably rarer.

Yeah that might be all it means. I think all the ones we've found were some variety of E-Tech stuff if I remember correctly. The homing dart gun didn't really look it as much but the projectiles were pretty weird.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I believe so, and they are indeed rare. I have seen one (through the story) for over 40 hours of gameplay.
Damn really? I've played for 20 hours or so and I've come across at least 3-4 from quest rewards alone. Not including the quest where they introduce you to E-Tech weapons.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

I just got an extra key from doing it on Xbox - go to Extras and sign up for a Shift account. Confirm your email and then you should get a Golden Key in offers (press x once you get to the Shift Code). Even if Gearbox was okay with it, I'm not doing the 255 key things though. Yeah, don't want to devalue my loots!

yeh the ini file thing to easy lol it really doesn't devalue the loot it only has purples and most are shitty so its really just a alot of money but I'm saving them for really high levels. most of them anyway. lol oranges need to start dropping

Level scaled purples are hardly shit. Using a bunch of keys does devalue the loot and make picking up anything other than orange pointless.

Gotchaye

Just tried the raid boss directly after beating the second playthrough. He's tough, but I was expecting more. Got him down to half before I missed a second wind. I think I need a strong shock or corrosive SMG and I'm good to go.

Wunder

Is there a way to upgrade my Shared Bank SDU? I know you can upgrade your Bank space, but that doesn't upgrade the Shared one does it? Makes sense that they don't want to toss out free upgrades for a free bank across all characters but 4 slots is so measly :(

So about Moxxi's tip guns, my brother and I realized that the amount you need to tip to get a gun is definitely related to the number of people in game. In a solo game we found that tipping between 9-15k (usually about 10 or 11 will do it) will get you the first gun but with two people the first gun will cost well over 20k. It also seems like there is only 1 autosave station in Sanctuary (at Marcus' shop) so if you happen to get a quest reward that is not to your liking you can always close out of the game without saving check on the alternative. Closed my games a couple times deciding between the sniper rifle or pistol on the Rakkaholics quest

Side note, if you're addicted to the slot machine like we are, definitely do it in a group because all $$ and eridium drops are shared :D

Zzoram

How the heck do you get a Goliath to stay alive long enough to get to GODliath? It either dies or kills me instead of other enemies.

Razek

Banned
Is there a way to upgrade my Shared Bank SDU? I know you can upgrade your Bank space, but that doesn't upgrade the Shared one does it? Makes sense that they don't want to toss out free upgrades for a free bank across all characters but 4 slots is so measly :(

You're supposed to think of it more as a transfer utility. That fact that it doubles as a bank is just a side bonus.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Streaming NG+ Fink arena. Then some questing on my level 44 zerker.

http://www.twitch.tv/vggaming
Don't think so. Sucks.

neoism

Level scaled purples are hardly shit. Using a bunch of keys does devalue the loot and make picking up anything other than orange pointless.

meh I used like 40 keys and all were shit... I've always gotten my upgrades from mobs.... :/ while I really like the slot machines though so somewhere for all that money.....giving us one key and three shitty guns I sold first chance.. the only pre-order bonus worth it was the 5% lol rare drop relic thing, no oranges after first playthrough... so sold it. Should have given out 10 at least.
PC FTW
Not sure .. I cared about drops a lot more in bl 1, this game is infinitely funner to play, and the variety in locations is soooooo much better, I really should start playing coop only played one game that train area, was funnn so the drops are just icing on the cake for me....

Wunder

How the heck do you get a Goliath to stay alive long enough to get to GODliath? It either dies or kills me instead of other enemies.

In most bandit areas you can find like 3-4 Goliaths or even a Loot Goliath. You can leash it around and it should aggro to lesser mobs like Marauders or Psychos and level up fast. If it's fighting another goliath or a Nomad Taskmaster or something try and weaken the nomad if you think your goliath is going to die.

EDIT: There was a reddit post about leashing a goliath to some spiderants, but I can't remember where the zone is now. That could work too I suppose.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I've found 4 e-tech guns by level 20 but zero orange. :mad:
I got my first---well, badass system thinks I got one other but I can't remember it---when I killed the final boss. I'm 42 now and probably 70% of the way through the true vault hunter mode and haven't encountered another one.

Did notice a huge boost in loot quality at 40, perhaps oranges will start showing up around 45?

Grokbu

Not sure if I should take this in the Steam thread, but I thought that I'd take it in here.

I'm considering buying this from GMG. If I do so, I shouldn't have any problem installing this on my Swedish Steam account, right?

Dartastic

I mistakenly opened the gold chest in sanctuary, and then immediately turned off my system. It saved the key being used however... Am I totally screwed? :(

I mistakenly opened the gold chest in sanctuary, and then immediately turned off my system. It saved the key being used however... Am I totally screwed? :(

The game immediately autosaves when you use the key, so yeah, you're screwed. It's just two random purples though, so it's not the end of the world. There's a chance those items would have been of limited use anyway.

Razek

Banned

I've heard this so much. So many people panic when they open that darn chest lol.
sorry for your loss :(

edit: If it's any consolation, I got two mediocre shields out of mine at level 19 on the ps3 version. I had white rarities that were better.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn is the golden chest that much of a lure? I always ignore it everytime I'm in sancutary and it's not like you have to get anywhere near it while leaving or getting into the building it's in.

Raxus

I have to say rocket launchers are a life saver. Well worth the equipment slot if you can find a good one. My tediore purple rocket launcher is glorious. I do about 160k dmg at 40 and when I am done with a clip the gun itself becomes a rocket.

Did I mention the free ammo powers work on the rocket as well? It is awesome for Salvador.

Uncle AJ

Finally finished Playthrough 1 as Gunzerker solo and did all but 1 side mission... final round of the Loader arena is hard :(

Edit: whoa those images are huge... where's the auto-resizing?

Razek

Banned
I have to say rocket launchers are a life saver. Well worth the equipment slot if you can find a good one. Only problem is finding a good one. My tediore purple one is glorious. I do about 160k dmg at 40 and when I am done with a clip the gun itself becomes a rocket.

Did I mention the free ammo powers work on the rocket as well? It is awesome for Salvador.

Absolutely. They are a free ticket out of last stand. Every single build should run one equipped at all times.

Giolon

I have a warning for you all in the form of a short story: my friends and I used out golden keys in Sanctuary and we were dropping the weapons on the ground for each other to see. I dropped the awesome sniper rifle and nice SMG that came out of my chest on the ground like everyone else and proceeded to watch the, both slide through the floor. Non-recoverable.

Protip: Always use the trading window.

Aside from that, I've played about 5 hours and I'm not really feeling it. My beloved siren has been gutted and her abilities given out one by one to other classes. Enemies are way harder to take down. I die all the time. Almost every weapon that drops is a pistol (where the fuck are the SMG's?). The Siren is shitty compared to the other classes so far.

It's not all bad. The dialogue is funny and graphics look great. I will stick with it for a while longer, but unless something changes soon, I doubt I'll finish it. A shame too bc Borderlands 1 was practically my GOTY when it came out.

I'm playing the 360 version, installed to the HDD, and getting frequent, noticeable texture pop-in on things like ammo and other objects near my character. Is this normal?

I have a warning for you all in the form of a short story: my friends and I used out golden keys in Sanctuary and we were dropping the weapons on the ground for each other to see. I dropped the awesome sniper rifle and nice SMG that came out of my chest on the ground like everyone else and proceeded to watch the, both slide through the floor. Non-recoverable.

Protip: Always use the trading window.

Aside from that, I've played about 5 hours and I'm not really feeling it. My beloved siren has been gutted and her abilities given out one by one to other classes. Enemies are way harder to take down. I die all the time. Almost every weapon that drops is a pistol (where the fuck are the SMG's?). The Siren is shitty compared to the other classes so far.

It's not all bad. The dialogue is funny and graphics look great. I will stick with it for a while longer, but unless something changes soon, I doubt I'll finish it. A shame too bc Borderlands 1 was practically my GOTY when it came out.

The siren is 2nd to Axton for best class easily. Zer0's ability is garbage if you go down sniping tree, Gunzerker class is just ok, until you get to mid 15-20's, then they start getting awesome.

Raxus

I'm playing the 360 version, installed to the HDD, and getting frequent, noticeable texture pop-in on things like ammo and other objects near my character. Is this normal?

Sadly yes. Texture pop in happens often loading in a game, looking closely at an object, or looting a chest.

rouken

Frostburn Canyon is the area for that i think. just roam around to make the enemies appear then shoot goliath to trigger rage, lure him to the other enemies. but support him when he is being gank by nomad pyros. its easy to level him up in that area with the bandits and the spiderants in there.

what, siren is awesome. im level 13 and have been putting my points in the shield skill but i can still manage enemies 3 level above me. just phaselock enemies who get close to you or giving you large damage so that you can run for it.

Raxus

I'm lost in Frostburn Canyon. I simply can't find my way to the next map marker. I'm at 4/7 Bloodshot signs.

Then you should have been in the caves. Go up the ramp, through a pass (a badass will attack you here) through a spider 'camp' to a giant pyro area with a bonfire at the center. Through there you will enter a linear cave to finish the quest.

Don't feel bad, it is a very confusing place for first timers. I only got the layout down after getting lost twice.

Two questions:

* How does picking up ammo work in co-op? In single player you pick up only the ammo you need, but in co-op you grab everything whether you need that particular ammo or not. Does the game distribute ammo among each player? Whats going on here and whats the best way to deal with ammo in a group?

* None of us use the trade window because it doesn't seem to allow you to compare an item against your backpack and equipped items. Are we missing something? Because otherwise its mostly pointless.

Naeblish

Found an orange grenade mod yesterday, it's fucking amazing. It does the x electrical dmg per sec in an area, but it also throws out 6 child grenades which have the same effect. I throw 1 grenade and the entire area gets electrified, killing almost all enemies. Better than any gun i found so far.

Zzoram

Then you should have been in the caves. Go up the ramp, through a pass (a badass will attack you here) through a spider 'camp' to a giant pyro area with a bonfire at the center. Through there you will enter a linear cave to finish the quest.

Don't feel bad, it is a very confusing place for first timers. I only got the layout down after getting lost twice.

Thanks

Marvie_3

Banned
Two questions:

* How does picking up ammo work in co-op? In single player you pick up only the ammo you need, but in co-op you grab everything whether you need that particular ammo or not. Does the game distribute ammo among each player? Whats going on here and whats the best way to deal with ammo in a group?

* None of us use the trade window because it doesn't seem to allow you to compare an item against your backpack and equipped items. Are we missing something? Because otherwise its mostly pointless.
This annoys the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom