• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Haha random npc in Sanctuary: "You ever play that ECHO sim game "The gang that wear purple"? SO GOOODD" hahaha

Edit: Second NPC "Winter is coming" haha

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm pretty sure they're planning on selling inventory space in DLC. Anyone spending 5 minutes with the game could tell you the inventory limit it hugely detrimental to the experience. There is no rational or logical reason for it to be so low save for the planned selling of additional slots for RL $$$. This could mean either rolling it into one of the big story DLC's (as a quest reward), or as a stand alone $1-$3 trinket--end result is the same.

Precisely the case with the original and I expect this to repeat for Borderlands 2, albeit as a Black Market item rather than a quest reward, since that's the approach the base game uses (SDUs in the original are rewards for completing broken Claptrap quests). It's a pity that the base inventory limit is so pitiful, though, and no doubt the tactic is a pathetic attempt to push people towards purchasing the DLC.

Insaniac

Okay I'm stuck: I got to Opportunity and I need to
kill jack's double. then I got the voice samples and I'm supposed to upload it to angel but wtf am I supposed to upload it? I can't get to the quest marker its underground and I see no way that leads to it

Gotchaye

Okay I'm stuck: I got to Opportunity and I need to
kill jack's double. then I got the voice samples and I'm supposed to upload it to angel but wtf am I supposed to upload it? I can't get to the quest marker its underground and I see no way that leads to it

Try coming at it from the other side. Also, there's a closed door that only opens when you get close to it.

Finally got an orange weapon after 56 hours... and the game crashed right after, before anything saved.

edit: it was an awesome pistol with a huge magazine that had the "abt natural" red text. :(

Balphon

What?
+36% chance to cause elemental effect is fucking beastly. You can skip helios and go with reload and fire rate and then go straight for Poison cloud. you dont actually need points in the second row to get the 3rd to open up. But helios is better than ricochet, depends if you melee enough for backdraft to be good.

Flicker is (apparently, I haven't tested it) multiplicative rather than additive, which dulls its usefulness quite a bit. Foresight is okay, but the boosts are low enough that Intertia is likely going to be better the majority of the time. Chain Reaction seems useful on paper but I've never really noticed it having an effect.

The remainder of the skills in the first three tiers are weird elemental damage abilities that, in my experience, are either very situational and/or quite weak. Thus, the first practical skill in the tree seems to be Reaper, and even that is at best about as effective as putting 5 points into Accelerate.

Raide

I actually sold it. I like my Corrode on contact more than a thing that kills when the shield drops. Unless I misread the description and it does both.

How do you guys feel about those two shield types? Which do you prefer?

I like the nova on deplete stuff, since when I get downed it gives me a chance to get back up if enemies are close.

End Boss spoilers:
Does anyone else really hate all the bosses in this game? Bunker and The Warrior took so long to kill that I never want to fight them again. I don't even want to think of how much life they have in new game plus.

edit: Ending spoilers
also I just remembered I never saw how Jack actually died in the game. All I saw was his dead body and a mask unlock. Was there an Echo my game skipped or something?

Aurongel

Finally beat the game, clocked a solid 27 hours playing solo to finish it. The ending
was a VAST, VAST, VAST improvement over the original in almost every single way. The final boss fight though was a bit of a clusterfuck at first until I figured out my plan of attack. The odd thing though is that both him and Jack dropped ABSOLUTELY SHIT loot for me. One purple out of the bunch and it was a mod for another class. Come to think about it, I haven't had much luck with loot in this game, I think I've found maybe 3 oranges my entire playthrough and the only one I actually used was the Transformer shield found in Caustic Caverns

So now I'm starting up my second playthrough. The game mentioned that NG+ features new enemies, so aside from
Terramorphous
what else is new?

Hulud

Finally beat the game, clocked a solid 27 hours playing solo to finish it. The ending
was a VAST, VAST, VAST improvement over the original in almost every single way. The final boss fight though was a bit of a clusterfuck at first until I figured out my plan of attack. The odd thing though is that both him and Jack dropped ABSOLUTELY SHIT loot for me. One purple out of the bunch and it was a mod for another class. Come to think about it, I haven't had much luck with loot in this game, I think I've found maybe 3 oranges my entire playthrough and the only one I actually used was the Transformer shield found in Caustic Caverns

So now I'm starting up my second playthrough. The game mentioned that NG+ features new enemies, so aside from
Terramorphous
what else is new?

Steam says I'm over 50 hours into my first solo playthrough. :) Taking my time with this one.

Megasoum

Banned
WTF is wrong with me? I have no problem playing through the game so far, dying from time to time but still very rare... Yet, even at level 25, I can't fucking finish the round 5 of Bandit Slaughterhouse...arghhhh.

ys45

Anyone for some co-op on PC ?

I'm currently lvl 15 Commando , i will be playing later tonight (around 7pm).

I have the same name in Steam (ys45)

Drazgul

Terramorphous
what else is new?

I just reached The Dust in my NG+, so far even some of the basic mobs have had name changes, and I've seen one bandit type that is of the armored type (which pisses me off, since I use fire weapons :p).

Randdalf

WTF is wrong with me? I have no problem playing through the game so far, dying from time to time but still very rare... Yet, even at level 25, I can't fucking finish the round 5 of Bandit Slaughterhouse...arghhhh.

I think co-op is a necessity for doing the Slaughterhouse. We had a Siren, Commando and Gunzerker when we did it and didn't fail on any round except the 2nd one. One person was on slag duty, which is quite important.

Everything I hear about this game makes me want it more and more. I should play more B1 though, I don't feel like I have played it enough. Might be fine either way though, I can't afford B2 right now as it is. :lol

eyFaC.png

It's just weird... What else can affect the price than the stats? They're identical in every discernible way.

one is yellow, thats about it, color effects price.

If I buy the first backpack upgrade that gives two more slots, and then buy the second that gives three, is that on top of the two I already purchased, or in addition to?

eek5

My trick for slaughterhouse was to watch the enemy spawns and run away from it so I could fight stuff 1v1 for the most part. Use the gaps on the top platforms to your advantage; jump from platform to platform to avoid some enemies or sometimes dropping to the bottom and running into a corner is best depending on where stuff spawns.

What is the difficulty level (number) of the last few missions?

I'm level 26 now and main story missions are "Normal" difficulty,
Angel
just died.

Just got home and noticed they gave keys out about an hour ago. I thought I was out of luck but decided to try anyways and to my surprise, I was able to get a key! I have 3 now. Awesome.

After beating the game, I didn't know what I wanted to do but I finally decided to first beat the game with all 4 characters before moving on to playthrough 2. Already did it with the Siren and i'm currently level 15 with the Commando. This time, though, I'll be rushing through the story and skipping all side missions. 6 hours in and i'm in the mission
Wildlife Preservation
but having a slightly hard time because of my level but it's challenging and I'm enjoying it.

I think this game will be the first game where I put 200+ hours into it. That's crazy.

Alchemy

I keep using white sniper rifles because of their extreme damage (500+) compared to what I'm finding elsewhere. I mostly care about putting a single bullet into something's skull to kill it. Makes me a sad Zer0.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Now I have 3 golden keys and no idea how long I should save them.

Honestly, save them as long as you possibly can. The upgrades in there are great, but they aren't easy to come by. I watched someone who glitched the keys open it like 6 times before getting a really usable upgrade. You'll want to wait until you REALLY need something and simply can't find it before using those things.

plc268

Honestly, save them as long as you possibly can. The upgrades in there are great, but they aren't easy to come by. I watched someone who glitched the keys open it like 6 times before getting a really usable upgrade. You'll want to wait until you REALLY need something and simply can't find it before using those things.

I've used 2 out of my 3 keys, and I've received mostly junk. Yea, they're good for their level, but I've found better stuff by actually playing the game.

This is the third time I've finished a play session and than come back and had Steam say that it couldn't sync and I had to choose whether to upload my file to the cloud or download it from the cloud.

It's the third time I've had this happen and it is never clear which is the latest file, the one in the cloud or the one on my computer because all Steam says it that it was created "today", not helpful.

This last time I was nearly finished with the annoyingly long Rescue Roland mission. I'm doing Vault Hunter mode, I had used one of my two Golden Keys and received an Orange rocket launcher that did disgusting amounts of damage, and now all of that is gone.

Any way to fix this or prevent this from happening again?

DeMeester

This is the third time I've finished a play session and than come back and had Steam say that it couldn't sync and I had to choose whether to upload my file to the cloud or download it from the cloud.

It's the third time I've had this happen and it is never clear which is the latest file, the one in the cloud or the one on my computer because all Steam says it that it was created "today", not helpful.

This last time I was nearly finished with the annoyingly long Rescue Roland mission. I'm doing Vault Hunter mode, I had used one of my two Golden Keys and received an Orange rocket launcher that did disgusting amounts of damage, and now all of that is gone.

I would think that the local file is always the most recent save, because as far as I've noticed Steam syncs to the cloud after exiting the game. You could always check the date on the local file from within Windows Explorer and verify that against the last time you played.

Wallach

Steam Cloud's been more trouble than it is worth in my experience. You can turn it off completely in Steam's settings.

Okay well I've disabled Steam Cloud, I don't even remember when or why I enabled it in the first place. I guess that should fix it.

Too bad I didn't know about that earlier, I lost a rocket launcher that did 12x6 damage, which I got from using one of my two precious golden keys. And now I have to replay all of the Roland Rescue Dam mission.

Forever cry.

JoeFu

Banned
Just ran into a weird but kinda cool bug. I had equipped a rocket launch that had the text "uses reduced ammo" or something like that, then swapped it out with another weapon off the ground, after that all my weapons that took only 1 bullets per shot had infinite ammo, and weapons that took 2 bullets per shot took one.

It stayed with me until I saved and quit.

I kinda want to find another weapon that has the uses reduced ammo just to see if it works again.

Okay this is starting to piss me off. I've played co-op twice now and both times the people have been a couple of missions ahead. I thought oh well, I'll pay more attention to the story when I get up to here in single player. I didn't even get to finish the missions in co-op but now they are showing up as complete in my game...now I don't know what the fuck is going on.

I had 3 golden keys, decided to use one (level 22) got 2 Purple Grenades. One seems pretty good. other seems pretty meh. I wish I'd have gotten a gun instead of nades, but I won't complain too much because it did give 2.

Will test and report back.

So, I found one of those pistols with infinte ammo and no reload...

And when you zoom in and hold down the trigger, the fire pattern follows an infinity symbol, rather than just being erratic and random.

Freakin' awesome touch.

one85x

Damn, Zer0's melee can put up some big numbers. Normally, I hit for somewhere between 100k and 300k, but on a slagged and death marked enemy that's low on health, I've seen 5703k and 7113k pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom