• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotchaye and I beat Terramorphus after a few tries a lot of the fight centers around luck. He seemed dead set on spawning underneath me the whole time and few times we wiped basically came down to there being no tentacles up. Ultimately the dude is a pushover.

I haven't seen a 4x one, but the specific one I mentioned is a blue weapon that can be found
in the Firehawk lair. As you enter, go in maybe a third of the way in, and look for an icy path branching off to the left. You should see some Spiderants. Past the Spiderants, you should see a small frozen pond with the weapon sticking out of the water.

I gasped reading this.

Grisby

Can someone give me a hand with an 'undiscovered' quest? It's in the Fridge area and it talks about a Goliath having a good idea. Found a suspicious looking Goliath body but nothing around him.

Insaniac

Can someone give me a hand with an 'undiscovered' quest? It's in the Fridge area and it talks about a Goliath having a good idea. Found a suspicious looking Goliath body but nothing around him.

like help you with the quest or give you info about it? if the former, are you on xbox?

Wallach

This quest started from a random drop off a live Goliath right near the entrance (from the travel station point).

MrDaravon

It's an echo recording that's on the side of one of the bridge almost at the start of the level where you fight all the rats and there's walkable ice on both sides of it (if that makes any sense).

Coconut

Banned

Shouldn't it be marked with an orange exclimation point?

Grisby

like help you with the quest or give you info about it? if the former, are you on xbox?
Was just wondering how to 'discover' it. Like, get it started. I like how a quest shows up in an area and gives you a hint but man, I must have scoured the whole area looking for a clue to start it.
This quest started from a random drop off a live Goliath right near the entrance (from the travel station point).
Thanks, I'll give this a shot.

Gotchaye

Gotchaye and I beat Terramorphus after a few tries a lot of the fight centers around luck. He seemed dead set on spawning underneath me the whole time and few times we wiped basically came down to there being no tentacles up. Ultimately the dude is a pushover.

Pretty much. The fact that you can die, then respawn and come back into the arena and rejoin the fight as long as the party continuously has at least one member in there means that it's going to be really hard for four people to see his health reset. Even with just two of us we benefited from that several times. And like Empty Space said you can second wind more often than not.

I will say that 2 people is a lot easier than 1 person, because while he has a lot more hp he doesn't seem to get any more damaging. So his attention being split means that you often get chances to regen that you wouldn't if you were alone, and only one person has to be running around trying not to die at a time.

Derrick01

Banned
Are you guys talking about two separate turrets or the second one that gets stacked on the first?

That ability to throw two turrets out at the same time. You can plan it so you can also get the rocket extension on both of them which I'm currently working on. I also have a relic or whatever that stuff is that reduces the cooldown by about 20%, to go with an ability in the two turret tree that reduces it even more.

mauaus

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
WinPC Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3
X360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB
PS3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions: 5JKJ3-6TWKS-CSTCT-S3KJJ-FXX3W

Hurry up!!

neoism

Nope, not a bug, some of the fast travel stations are fast travel one way.

I am impatiently waiting for a mod to fix this (on pc at least).

WTF... I was about to
save Roland
. Before this bossfight there is a fast-travel station and I used it to travel to Sanctuary to gear up. Now I can't go back to the boss fight but Instead have to redo the whole bloodshot fortress. :-/

Is this a bug?
yep the only flaw I can think of is this and you just have to sprint too much....... hell I wish they're was an option to go to Sanctuary just to reup, but I guess thats what the ammo ans health can machines are for... I love sprinting too in most games..this one too, but there is too much of it in this game...I can wait for infinite ammo sniper. :/

This gun is awesome. The Burst-Fire is sick.

Ivef5l.jpg

Raxus

Level 21 and getting tired of manipulating my back pack so often. I'd like to pick up stuff and check for stats later before I keep or drop. I know you can store suff and you can enlarge your back pack but you have to admit it's a bit of a bitch.

It really doesn't help the backpack caps at 27. The last game capped at 42. WTF Gearbox?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much. The fact that you can die, then respawn and come back into the arena and rejoin the fight as long as the party continuously has at least one member in there means that it's going to be really hard for four people to see his health reset. Even with just two of us we benefited from that several times. And like Empty Space said you can second wind more often than not.

I will say that 2 people is a lot easier than 1 person, because while he has a lot more hp he doesn't seem to get any more damaging. So his attention being split means that you often get chances to regen that you wouldn't if you were alone, and only one person has to be running around trying not to die at a time.

I learned about 2 people being better than 1 against
Bloodwing
. Died 10 or 15 times in a row by myself despite being able to drop it's life by half or more with just a single gunzerk, but every time I died it went back to full health. Having even one more person in there with you means that if you die you can run back into the boss area and it won't have healed. Just a matter of time at that point.

That ability to throw two turrets out at the same time. You can plan it so you can also get the rocket extension on both of them which I'm currently working on. I also have a relic or whatever that stuff is that reduces the cooldown by about 20%, to go with an ability in the two turret tree that reduces it even more.

Nice. I think Axton is going to be my next character.

Raxus

Holy shit, it did? I hope they raise that soon, damn.

Money is so much more important in this game. I NEED MUH SLOTSSSSS

Not only that but the next expansion in Borderlands 1 had another claptrap raising the cap to 45. I want to share loot between my characters and friends but my hands are tied juggling guns, nades, and shields I want to swap to while playing solo to actually making slots limited. I actually completed a ton of quests and wound up with 36/27 in my inventory.

Also the other game got a locker later as well Coconut. I think it had the same # of slots too.

Haint

It really doesn't help the backpack caps at 27. The last game capped at 42. WTF Gearbox?

I'm pretty sure they're planning on selling inventory space in DLC. Anyone spending 5 minutes with the game could tell you the inventory limit it hugely detrimental to the experience. There is no rational or logical reason for it to be so low save for the planned selling of additional slots for RL $$$. This could mean either rolling it into one of the big story DLC's (as a quest reward), or as a stand alone $1-$3 trinket--end result is the same.

siddhu33

I like these guns, which i got off
Bunker
:

iddXURI95Rw6W.jpg

iXkUwE2hXeNW3.jpg

The shotgun does an amazing load of damage... Except to ION loaders, which is when I use the sniper.

The first three tiers of Cataclysm aren't that great either, unfortunately.

What?
+36% chance to cause elemental effect is fucking beastly. You can skip helios and go with reload and fire rate and then go straight for Poison cloud. you dont actually need points in the second row to get the 3rd to open up. But helios is better than ricochet, depends if you melee enough for backdraft to be good.

Also SMGs are beastly with any Elemental Effect since that stuff stacks each time it activates.

What my final build will probably be.

Screen%20shot%202012-09-24%20at%203.58.01%20PM.png

Raide

Yeah, the lack of inventory space is pretty annoying. Especially since you have more things to pick from when gearing up your character. Just give players a default of 40 or 50 and then buy more SDU things if they want more.

Wallach

Just doing some testing on Tw0 Fang so I can model it better later in sheets; this doesn't work like Mordecai's skill from BL1 at all. It actually forces the gun to fire a second bullet like normal when it procs at what is basically some +absurd% fire rate bonus so that it comes out almost instantly as the same time as the shot that procced the skill. In the case of weapons that burst fire, each shot of the burst rolls Tw0 Fang individually, so if your Dahl has a 3-round burst when scoped, you can get 3, 4, 5 or 6-round burst. Ammo is consumed as if it were a normal shot; if your clip has one round left and Tw0 Fang procs, no second shot will fire but the weapon will begin reloading at the soonest available frame after shot recovery (which is apparently faster than the game begins to auto-reload a weapon after normally firing the last round of a clip).

I'm pretty sure they're planning on selling inventory space in DLC. Anyone spending 5 minutes with the game could tell you the inventory limit it hugely detrimental to the experience. There is no rational or logical reason for it to be so low save for the planned selling of additional slots for RL $$$. This could mean either rolling it into one of the big story DLC's (as a quest reward), or as a stand alone $1-$3 trinket--end result is the same.

No way is Gearbox that kind of stupid.

I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom