• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know you get a key for preordering or inside any first-shipment copy and you can get a second one by signing up for Gearbox's SHIFT service. A key is one-time use only and will open the chest you mentioned, the chest will hold rare items that scale to your level so I would open it pretty late!

EDIT: Beaten D:

oh. Well hell I preordered from BB, I need to see if the receipt had a code on it. I sure didn't see one inside the box. I guess I'll sign up if it gets me another one. Thank you

Just curious - anyone know how far into the game I am?

Just got floating Sanctuary back on the fast travel grid.

Fairly certain I'm nowhere near the end, at least I hope not, but I was just curious how much more there was. This is the kind of game I like to savor.

Mah loot from killing the final boss:

A3mhmZwCUAEWUCx.jpg:large

A3mhrfqCIAAnMXT.jpg

Not bad.

bengraven

I fucking love Borderlands and I'm liking this a lot.

But it's kind of like...Borderlands. It's fun and I'll put another hundred plus hours into it, but they haven't changed very much.

It really feels like a really long DLC.

Megasoum

Banned
Holy crap...sorry for the slight o/t but I just found out, after like 3 years, that you can click on a spoiler to see the whole thing instead of having to highlight it... mind blown!

Whenever I hear Handsome Jack, I always think of John C. McGinley. I know it's not him voicing the character, but it just sounds like a role he would fill.

I've been using this shotgun since I got it around level 17, I'm a 27 now. Its so dominant. If anything is anywhere close to me when I'm in second chance they are toast

Op3RXl.jpg

antitrop

This game starts out so strong and starts to get stale around 15 hours, just like the first one.

Eventually you just get to that point where you're having more fun bullshitting and joking around with your friends on Skype than actually playing the game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ok, I got the mumble glitch where I get that long fatal error window. How do I fix that or do I just have to close mumble?

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Just curious - anyone know how far into the game I am?

Just got floating Sanctuary back on the fast travel grid.

Fairly certain I'm nowhere near the end, at least I hope not, but I was just curious how much more there was. This is the kind of game I like to savor.

You got plenty to go!

HOLY SHIT. This level is giving me the most ridiculous guns. Marcus asks you to go to Eridium Blight, when there go to the exclamation mark to find Mal. Do all his missions. Hot damn.

EVZdhl.jpg

Gotchaye

HOLY SHIT. This level is giving me the most ridiculous guns. Marcus asks you to go to Eridium Blight, when there go to the exclamation mark to find Mal. Do all his missions. Hot damn.

EVZdhl.jpg

Surely this gun is only in the game in order to get people made fun of on the internet. (stats are a lie)

I really hope Gearbox stays active when it comes to giving out Shift codes for Golden Keys and other stuff.

Maybe just give everyone a golden key every couple of months or something, so that poor golden chest doesn't have to sit untouched forever.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If you get more than one key can they be used on the same playthrough? Does the chest just close again?

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
I really hope Gearbox stays active when it comes to giving out Shift codes for Golden Keys and other stuff.

Maybe just give everyone a golden key every couple of months or something, so that poor golden chest doesn't have to sit untouched forever.

We will. There will be other plans for SHiFT as well.

Also - One of our programmers found this video.. Had to share this with the ending :) http://t.co/ZMyKTfjy

hittman

Banned
my one main problem with this game that i see will stop me finishing it is the fact there isnt enough fast travel terminals....

i just got the matchstick character sacrifice quest line and it takes you all over the place. one of the quests has u go all the way to where the first boss is at the bandit camp, so you run all through the zone then you have to run all the way back through the zone just to get out. truly annoying

this is one of my biggest complaints of the game

i don't want to grind thru already completed areas just to turn in a quest. there should be remote turn-ins or something

HoosTrax

Btw, this the Anarchy style SMG that I'm using on my Siren right now that I mentioned earlier:
100% recoil reduction means that it can be fired from the hip without the crosshair spread ever increasing.

Random aside, but I like that Torgue has more character/flavor in this game. The WWII fighter look is very unique. They weren't as memorable as the other manufacturers in the first game (Tediore = crap, Hyperion = high-end, Maliwan = elemental, Dahl = modern/militaristic/camo, Jakobs = western, Atlas = Crimson Lance, Torgue = ???)

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
We will. There will be other plans for SHiFT as well.

Also - One of our programmers found this video.. Had to share this with the ending :) http://t.co/ZMyKTfjy

not gonna spoil the ending for thyself.

anyways...one question tho is there any arenas (waves of enemies) in B2? I havent really explored much of B2 so Im just wondering.

Unicorn

Safe to say this is my GOTY now. Sorry Sleeping Dogs, but you've been bested. God damn this game is good.
Yeah this really is my game of the generation (usurping the original Borderlands) bad mapping aside.

Put over 44 hours in within a 2 day time frame. Absolutely the most I have ever played a game in that span of time. And this wasn't solo. This was with 3 of my friends. Fucking astounding.

My only gripe is maps (hard to tell elevations, frostburn caverns being the worst offender) and the minimap (wish it was zoomed out a bit more). Also, like others have mentioned, travel points are too sparse, more memorably sparse than the first game.

Really hoping for some skin and weapon parts in an update or dlc.

I love you gearbox and am sooooo on board for any and all DLC you have planned.

Ughh, this game gets kind of shitty on NG+ solo. Everything is just a huge bullet sponge and you drop in two or three hits from any bad ass or boss. First that medic boss with the special gun who lobs transfusion grenades that have a huge radius, then a rabid skag that could move super fast and could kill me in three hits and no way for me to get away from it. Then an encounter with a bad ass nomad (spiked shield) and explosive ammo which forced me to give up in disgust. My weaponry is good for my level and I have a 7,000 hp shield + same in health, but I can not survive against any bad ass or at melee range (spec'd Zer0 to the sniper tree, but I guess I will have to go back to the melee tree). So now the game is just trying to find ways to manipulate the level design in order to cheese and chip away at guys with 10's of thousands of hit points.

Maybe I should try a different character, though I am hesitant to give up on Zer0 now that I am in NG+. I think this is just because of the time investment I have put into this character. I think Zer0 is designed for co-op gameplay which I don't really care to get invested in. If I start a new character with the intent of taking them to level 50 in predominantly solo gameplay, what class is best? I like to be able to weaken from a distance but still handle a mob when I am up close.

One of my issues with the first game was that I never got any good loot. I think I found 2 oranges after 2 full plays and they were both so much lower in level when I got them that they weren't use full. I found an orange assault rifle at level 5 and I used it until ~lvl 23. It was so badass I didn't stop using it. I also found an orange grenade I must have killed 5-6 bosses with in a row. 300 damage, it spawned 10 other grenades but it had a red skill that doubled the output. If I threw 1 one these in Gunzerk, it would toss two and basically spray 40 fucking 'nade into the air. I had to run to the other side of the level to avoid getting hit.

Aside from that, I'm finding way more fun usefull weapons this time. In BL1 I felt like I always got mid-tier crap that was the same as my other mid-tier crap.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Once you guys will reach PT2 you will realise so much that all your stuff will be absolutely obselete. :p

dont give a damn...as long as I get bombarded by grenades/rockets, physically assaulted, shot at, the better for me to sadistically savor my kill streaks.

anyways, I love this game guys. I mean it. Bring on the DLC and Borderlands 3!!!
:D

cackhyena

Does anyone have the problem of this game only letting you hit the Windows button once from full screen to back out to do something else? I mean, if I go back in after a break, I can't hit the Windows button again to get to the desktop. I have to completely quit out. Is there something I'm missing?

Unicorn

Does anyone have the problem of this game only letting you hit the Windows button once from full screen to back out to do something else? I mean, if I go back in after a break, I can't hit the Windows button again to get to the desktop. I have to completely quit out. Is there something I'm missing?

Alt+Tab?

Btw, this the Anarchy style SMG that I'm using on my Siren right now that I mentioned earlier:

100% recoil reduction means that it can be fired from the hip without the crosshair spread ever increasing.
I have torn a new hole (several) in a great many things with that beast. Bullet hose is putting it lightly and with zero recoil, well, hot damn.

Gotchaye

I'm surprised it's actually 0 recoil. The first game did a reciprocal thing for stats in the direction of their bound at 0, where, while +X% gun damage works as you'd expect, -X% gun damage would produce a modified gun damage of base*100/(100+X).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom