• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just joined a multiplayer game, completed a story mission that was ahead of my current one and now my game's saved at that point. Is there anything I can do about it?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my one main problem with this game that i see will stop me finishing it is the fact there isnt enough fast travel terminals....

i just got the matchstick character sacrifice quest line and it takes you all over the place. one of the quests has u go all the way to where the first boss is at the bandit camp, so you run all through the zone then you have to run all the way back through the zone just to get out. truly annoying

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I just joined a multiplayer game, completed a story mission that was ahead of my current one and now my game's saved at that point. Is there anything I can do about it?

Are you sure? You may just be in the zone. I was behind in my story missions during co-op and it should keep you where you are and let you fast-forward in the story once you reach missions you've already completed.

Razek

Banned
my one main problem with this game that i see will stop me finishing it is the fact there isnt enough fast travel terminals....

i just got the matchstick character sacrifice quest line and it takes you all over the place. one of the quests has u go all the way to where the first boss is at the bandit camp, so you run all through the zone then you have to run all the way back through the zone just to get out. truly annoying

I'm pretty sure that's a secondary mission. Yeah, I don't bother with those (that one in particular was annoying).

sneaky77

normally your game does not save at that point, maybe just the area.. but the missing will prompt you if you want to skip it since you already completed it

Okay I'm stuck: I got to Opportunity and I need to
kill jack's double. then I got the voice samples and I'm supposed to upload it to angel but wtf am I supposed to upload it? I can't get to the quest marker its underground and I see no way that leads to it

Same thing happened to me. Do another quest, come back to this one, he'll be in the mall somewhere.

Are you sure? You may just be in the zone. I was behind in my story missions during co-op and it should keep you where you are and let you fast-forward in the story once you reach missions you've already completed.

After checking up on it I just skipped a huge amount of a story mission. It's a little annoying I couldn't go back to the start but I can live with it.

Raptomex

I'm currently doing the mission where I have to
get a copy of Jack's voice and deliver it to Angel
I believe the area is Oppurtunity
. The door underneath the steps will not open. And the indicator icon is clearly behind that door. Am I missing something? Is there another way in there?

Edit: I just saw an above post with the same problem.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Same thing happened to me. Do another quest, come back to this one, he'll be in the mall somewhere.
That happens way too often in this game. You're supposed to do a quest, but a door isn't opened or an area isn't unlocked yet. One of my bigger complaints so far.

Razek

Banned
That happens way too often in this game. You're supposed to do a quest, but a door isn't opened or an area isn't unlocked yet. One of my bigger complaints so far.

Yep. Also, if you get far in a quest and then quit, the door can become shut forever as the event will not trigger it to reopen.

Aurongel

He's talking about the end of the quest after that's been done.

Here's the door you're probably thinking is supposed to open.
http://i.imgur.com/WWwmH.jpg
You go up the stairs and head left

Drop down and follow the waypoint again
http://i.imgur.com/EdiMK.jpg

Was just about to mention this. I had the same problem too, the waypoint is placed at a different door that is a full level above where you actually have to go. Just past the incorrect door is a stairwell that leads down to an underground walkway that has the door to ANGEL.

Well after I liked the first game but ultimately got bored with it, I'm currently having a blast with Borderlands 2 :D It just feels so much better than the already good first game, I'm currently at
the Tundra Express area
and can't see me stopping anytime soon!

Also this is a odd one but is there anybody else who is reminded of the anime Eureka 7 from how Pandora feels in Borderlands 2? I can't really point my finger on it but especially after I left the initial ice area something made me feel like I'm running around on [Eureka 7 spoiler!]
the Earth's scub coral
o.o With E7 being one of my favorite anime I love that though I just found myself odd for feeling that way...

And Phaselock is a amazing ability, combined with my fire-needler I'm feeling sorry for my poor enemies that get locked in it :p

Sanctuary

Yeah, those burst fire snipers are pretty sweet. I was selling ones with higher damage merely because with the burst fire, you can more or less triple the damage on the stats.

You also eat through three times as much ammo. Not really a good trade if you use the sniper for just headshots. Enemies tend to recoil when shot in the head. I could see it being used as kind of a long range assault rifle, but it will completely destroy your ammo count.

Level 21 and getting tired of manipulating my back pack so often. I'd like to pick up stuff and check for stats later before I keep or drop. I know you can store suff and you can enlarge your back pack but you have to admit it's a bit of a bitch.

I am also level 21 and tired of the limited space. How do you actually increase the size of your backpack though? Trading so far has only increased the size of the vault stash. Initially I thought I was increasing my backpack, but that wasn't what happened.

Megasoum

Banned
I have to say, I was critical a couple of days ago on the amount of old zones revisiting you had to do in all the side quests but now that I've played more of the game, the way they handle it is actually quite brilliant.

So yeah you always have to go back to the old zones but most of the side quests actually open new sections of those zones that were never opened before. It really gives you a great sense of progression.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know where the switch is for the
Mercury Induction Station electric fence is? I keep looking by the Isotope Reclaimation Tower following the lines and can't find shit.

Inskipp

Whoever voiced the Goliaths needs a medal or something, cause he did a hell of a good job. Those guys are really intimidating when you shoot their heads off.

Derrick01

Banned
Something I forgot to mention about this game is how uneven the sound volume is. One minute my guns and turrets will be crazy loud and the next they'll sound like I knocked the sound level down to 2 while the music's doing the blasting.

Wait, what's this golden key business? Does it have anything to do with that chest in Sanctuary near the fast travel and I can't seem to open? I'm lvl 26 and I'm doing what I assume to be the last big set of story missions but I've never heard of or seen any keys.

Chanser

Wait, what's this golden key business? Does it have anything to do with that chest in Sanctuary near the fast travel and I can't seem to open? I'm lvl 26 and I'm doing what I assume to be the last big set of story missions but I've never heard of or seen any keys.

You get a key from the premiere club and another key by signing up to shift.

As far as I know you get a key for preordering or inside any first-shipment copy and you can get a second one by signing up for Gearbox's SHIFT service. A key is one-time use only and will open the chest you mentioned, the chest will hold rare items that scale to your level so I would open it pretty late!

EDIT: Beaten D:

Dizzle24

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
WinPC Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3
X360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB
PS3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions: 5JKJ3-6TWKS-CSTCT-S3KJJ-FXX3W

Thanks for the code!!! Hurry up everyone.. Catch-a Coooooode!

Aurongel

Whoever voiced the Goliaths needs a medal or something, cause he did a hell of a good job. Those guys are really intimidating when you shoot their heads off.

They sound like:
pumbaa08.gif

Aggrotek

Found my first 2 legendaries! A babymaker, and a Veruc.

The Veruc is sick, and the Babymaker is a Tediore that when you throw it, it explodes and then spawns another gun that then explodes. Apparently, the guns that spawn are based on real census statistics, and has stream colors pink and blue for gender. There is also a chance for it to have twins.

A lot of the voices are DBZ voice actors. Eric Vale, Chuck Huber, Chris Sabat and Dameon Clarke to name a few. The guy who does the goliaths really sounds like Chris Rager, he was the voice for Hercule/Mr. Satan.

I am almost positive that the Hyperion Space Station will be DLC. It just makes so much sense. It fit perfectly into the standard DLC conventions.

I've been playing the 360 version. Is it me or are the gun chests a lot more scarce then they were in the first game? Or...just more hidden? I can count on one hand the number of chests containing guns I've found. And I've played for about 20 hours. And when I do find them, they're filled with grenade or character mods, or just shields. You guys experiencing the same thing?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've been playing the 360 version. Is it me or are the gun chests a lot more scarce then they were in the first game? Or...just more hidden? I can count on one hand the number of chests containing guns I've found. And I've played for about 20 hours. And when I do find them, they're filled with grenade or character mods, or just shields. You guys experiencing the same thing?

The normal chests seem really rare(and have given me nothing good), but there seems to be a lot in general considering stuff like Dahl chests, bathroom stalls, etc. which usually give out pistols, shields, and class mods.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I ditch any sniper rifle with burst fire, don't like wasting two bullets every time I pull the trigger. If I found a very high base damage rifle with shock value, high bonus to crit and burst I might keep it just for Constructors but that is it.

A lot of the voices are DBZ voice actors. Eric Vale, Chuck Huber, Chris Sabat and Dameon Clarke to name a few. The guy who does the goliaths really sounds like Chris Rager, he was the voice for Hercule/Mr. Satan.

Haha I thought the voice sounded familiar. I love getting Goliaths to rage and then follow me around. If you let them level up to *God tier* status you can get awesome loot drops, I even got a whole loot chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom