• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickVic

Might be old news for many, but just found out if you quit the game and reload, apparently you get all your health back. Kinda nice when you hit a checkpoint with low health right before a boss fight and know you're going to die; especially early on in the game when you don't really have any good regen health skills.

Drazgul

^^
Yeah if you want to be cheesy you can use it to avoid the death penalty as well - even after you've died. As long as you quit the game before respawning, there's no charge.

The death penalty is only money, and money isn't particularly useful in this game. I'm not sure it's worth the effort, you aren't likely to die enough to keep you from having sufficient money for ammo and slots.

I'm a level 10 zero and getting my ass handed in the 'Rescue Roland' mission. I've died atleast 10 times to the Badass psycho.

My loot and items aren't exactly great coz I didn't do any of the side missions. Is grinding my only choice now?!

Razek

Banned
The death penalty is only money, and money isn't particularly useful in this game. I'm not sure it's worth the effort, you aren't likely to die enough to keep you from having sufficient money for ammo and slots.

It's not nearly as high as it used to be in BL1. I just take the death now. The only real bad thing about dying is sitting their waiting for the death 'demo' to finish. I know it's there on purpose in coop, but it should be skipable in single player, I just wanna play!

Grisby

Me upon completing a certain mission just now:

"Ha ha, screw you Dave!"

Feel like the game is a lot funnier this time around.

I'm a level 10 zero and getting my ass handed in the 'Rescue Roland' mission. I've died atleast 10 times to the Badass psycho.

My loot and items aren't exactly great coz I didn't do any of the side missions. Is grinding my only choice now?!

Do the side missions. It will help raise your level enough to make the missions easier.

nbraun80

how did you have so much money to spend? I think the most I've had was about $200k.

Or was that hyperbole?
ha I just meant over time i've probably put that much into those slots. But I'm sure if you need money it probably is pretty easy like in BL1 to dupe it by giving it to a friend and dashboarding, but I haven't tried it.

Just noticed the little splatters of oil all over the bed and table where the female Claptrap posters are posted.

It's the little touches that really make this, haha.

SlickVic

Minor story gripe from early on, but kinda weird
to run into Lilith for the first time with Maya and neither one acknowledges the fact the other is a Siren, especially since Sirens are supposed to be incredibly rare in this universe (I think?). Not that they necessarily have to, but seemed like a good opportunity to have some class specific dialog instead of something that generically applies to all classes playing regardless of whether Maya is in the group.

Xanathus

to run into Lilith for the first time with Maya and neither one acknowledges the fact the other is a Siren, especially since Sirens are supposed to be incredibly rare in this universe (I think?). Not that they necessarily have to, but seemed like a good opportunity to have some class specific dialog instead of something that generically applies to all classes playing regardless of whether Maya is in the group.

It gets even dumber late in the game when
Angel warns Lilith not to go steal the Vault key from the bunker because she doesn't want Jack capturing another Siren.... except she has no qualms about having the player Siren go.

Raxus

Angel warns Lilith not to go steal the Vault key from the bunker because she doesn't want Jack capturing another Siren.... except she has no qualms about having the player Siren go.

Actually
Eridium apparently has no effect on Maya. Hence why Maya can't do super phase locks.

Irnbru

Its explained why they don't think shes a siren in the echo recordings

Grisby

Yeah, hopefully BL3 can fix this stuff. I was expecting a siren heart to heart or some shit.

Frostburn

We will. There will be other plans for SHiFT as well.

Also - One of our programmers found this video.. Had to share this with the ending :) http://t.co/ZMyKTfjy

LOL that was great!

I've been playing mostly solo unfortunately because I've been jumping on and off at strange hours. I will say I'm having a blast (I played through Borderlands at least twice by myself and quite a few more times than that with my friends). I've put about 12 hours into BL2 so far and I've barely scratched the surface, this game just hits on everything I enjoy about gaming. For me that's the best thing about Borderlands 2, I am having a blast just playing it, grabbing new loot and listening to the crazy dialog. Anyway if anyone is on Steam feel free to add me (I think I'm in the Steam Group)

red731

My eyes! MY EYES!
Playing the game whole day yesterday (+7h), now to burn my eyes at work and then again at home.

One does not simply not explore everything.

I love those little
midget
bastards. Their line when leaving Pandora for good is awesome.

Naite

I accidently overleveled myself and got to level 50 way earlier than I should have so I joined a few online games that were fighting Terramorph. Beat it 2.5 times (I was just pixels away from killing it while I was knocked down but I died and the rest of my team were still outside so we had to start all over). The loot wasn't nearly as great as Crawmerax in either of my runs. I do like this new blue Jakobs revolver though.

For Zero players, I recommend using the Law and Order combination and having all skill points on Killing Blow. When Terramorph is weak enough, just run up and melee away and let Killing Blow work its magic. I don't recommend this for solo play though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well this game broke me and my friend.

24 hours in and the skull crushing tedium was too much, even trying to skip the side missions and story missions wasn't enough.

Ugh.

UWTB

Neo Member
How the hell do I get to the Enklindling? I'm running in circles at these Frostburn Canyons.

As I recall, heading down the first bend, where you would see the small hut looking building above to the left that extends out over the ice, and through that first iced overpass (where you're having to go through the spiders), you will eventually reach the other side with the platform of steps leading up. If you go back a ways and face towards the steps, to the right side you should be able to see what looks like a wooded mine entrance. Going through here and following a path similar to one of the earlier objectives will take you to the enkindling. I must have spent 30 minutes trying to find that entrance.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell do I get to the Enklindling? I'm running in circles at these Frostburn Canyons.

Edit: I'm dumb.
Naw, you're not dumb. The map is really poorly designed in general, and borderline useless in that area especially. Took me forty minutes to figure it out. I had to look up a video tutorial, haha.

Well this game broke me and my friend.

24 hours in and the skull crushing tedium was too much, even trying to skip the side missions and story missions wasn't enough.

Ugh.

not a fan of loot games, eh

Naw, you're not dumb. The map is really poorly designed in general, and borderline useless in that area especially. Took me forty minutes to figure it out. I had to look up a video tutorial, haha.
+1 and same.

Xanathus

Its explained why they don't think shes a siren in the echo recordings
I just listened to those echo recordings and I don't see how they think Maya is
not a siren, there's just a throw away line about the "no connection to Eridium" but she's still definitely a Siren so there's no reason NOT to warn her away from taking a risk of getting captured.

I think they just wrote the dialogue and plot before they finalized the characters and their backstories so everything is written for a generic no-name dude.

Just picked this up during the Enklindling quest:

2012-09-24_00006.jpg

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_6LoV5rfeg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
First orange!

Stats seemed worse than the shotgun I had, but the special perk it has is amazing and hilarious. When I do the tediore reload it slowly flies around and shoots at enemies until it collides into them, even if the clip is empty.

Wunder

Hey guys, kind of a dumb question but I thought I'd see if you guys can just confirm it. So about class mods, say I have a Witch class mod that gives my Siren a +24% to Corrode chance and +15% to Corrosive damage, that only applies to weapons that have the corrosive elemental effect right? Or is it a) affect my skills that do corrosive (in terms of dmg) or b) affect all my weapons and give them a slight chance to corrode?

Thanks!

Balphon

Hey guys, kind of a dumb question but I thought I'd see if you guys can just confirm it. So about class mods, say I have a Witch class mod that gives my Siren a +24% to Corrode chance and +15% to Corrosive damage, that only applies to weapons that have the corrosive elemental effect right? Or is it a) affect my skills that do corrosive (in terms of dmg) or b) affect all my weapons and give them a slight chance to corrode?

I'm not sure whether the corrosive damage modifier affects skills as well as weapons (I'd assume it does), but I can tell you that wearing a class mod like that won't suddenly give non-corrosive weapons a corrosive property. Rather, it will simply increase the likelihood of a proc for your weapons that already have a chance to inflict corrosion.

Wunder

I'm not sure whether the corrosive damage modifier affects skills as well as weapons (I'd assume it does), but I can tell you that wearing a class mod like that won't suddenly give non-corrosive weapons a corrosive property. Rather, it will simply increase the likelihood of a proc for your weapons that already have a chance to inflict corrosion.

Thanks! Pretty much what I was looking for, would be quite ridiculous for class mods to grant ele damage to all weapons :p

Found a rocket launcher at level 28 that does 15,000 damage.
Bunker
suddenly wasn't so hard.
When my friend and I were fighting that, there was some sort of weird glitch that had one of his shots repeatedly hurt it in an instant. Made a buggy sound but 80% of its HP was gone immediately.

I can't stop playing this.

I just popped it in tonight to do a half hour of soloing or something while waiting for laundry and found two other buddies online rocking 10th level characters. Of course I had a 10th level ninja, so...

*three more friggin hours later*

(cue all of us ending the evening at the slot machines, as usual, while discussing Skinner boxes no less ;P)

This keeps happening... Every single solitary day since I got this game in my hands.

I needs me my food pellets.

Unicorn

First orange!

Stats seemed worse than the shotgun I had, but the special perk it has is amazing and hilarious. When I do the tediore reload it slowly flies around and shoots at enemies until it collides into them, even if the clip is empty.
So jealous. I would kill for a corrosive one. Where did you find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom