• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this in someone's voice in my head, but I don't know whose voice it was, LOL.

Was it this guy's voice?
inconceivable.jpg

If I start a new character with the intent of taking them to level 50 in predominantly solo gameplay, what class is best? I like to be able to weaken from a distance but still handle a mob when I am up close.

Soldier.

I started with zero and had just a couple of enemies rushing me I just had the feeling I could struggle in the future.

Started a fresh and my tactic seems to be fire a couple of shots with a sniper, then when they come at me draw for anything with a high rate of fire and having that turret is like have the terminator as you're co-op partner.

Or Siren. When used correctly her elemental damage buffs decimate enemies, and her default phaselock cooldown is only something like 9 seconds. Buff that with some middle tree healing and you can be a walking demigod.

Soldier is great for soloing too, but you'll want to seriously reduce the turret cooldown and buff its hit points and how long it stays active.

Its funny that the two classes best for soloing are also the best additions to any group.

Nobody I know has seemed to get the hang of the zerker. They just run into battle and drop, second wind, drop again and need to be revived. Every time.

Damn, missed that shift code giveaway. Got to level 30 today though, woo. Haven't gotten any good drops yet, still hunting my first orange. My co-op partnah has gotten 3 rares from the slots alone, I think he's up to like 5 or 6 total..
I'm convinced the motherfucker grippin mah drops

Gila

Not sure if this is the correct time to ask being the game has only been out for so long.

How should I skill my siren? Looking to make her a great healer and support character instead of dealing damage directly. I'm playing along with all 3 other classes also, so we need a healer more than damage.

Harmony build siren is awesome for groups. I saved many an ass with the Res skill, hoping on a fence and jumping high enough to get that across the map revive is ace.
Look out for Heavenly Nurse class mods, they have bonuses for Harmony tree and +hp regen for your team.

Put points in this order:
Sweet Release
Restoration
Res
Elated
Sustenance

That's as far as I've gotten, think I might start working towards decreasing the cooldown next. This is a pure healing build though, so you'll rely on your friends to do a lot of the heavy lifting for dps.

FerranMG

Started the game yesterday.
I'm a level 9 or 10 Siren, and so far everything feels like Borderlands, which is good but I thought it would have evolved a bit more.

My major gripe with the game is that the menus are still very shitty.
I still don't get why pressing 'back' (xbox) doesn't take you to the map, and pressing 'start' takes you to weapons and missions and settings.
It's annoying and it's not well thought.

Besides, the hud is too small and not user friendly. Luckily this time it's easier to compare weapons' stats, but still is not enough to make the interface usable and friendly.

Harmony build siren is awesome for groups. I saved many an ass with the Res skill, hoping on a fence and jumping high enough to get that across the map revive is ace.
Look out for Heavenly Nurse class mods, they have bonuses for Harmony tree and +hp regen for your team.

Sweet Release
Restoration
Res
Elated
Sustenance

That's as far as I've gotten, think I might start working towards decreasing the cooldown next. This is a pure healing build though, so you'll rely on your friends to do a lot of the heavy lifting for dps.
Exactly the path I'm following and it works great in co-op.

But its a lot harder to shoot other players to give them health than you'd think ;P At least our team zerker provides us bullet regen with his class mod, so it works out.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I just completed the tutorial.

Does the game work as Borderlands 1 in term of saving? You still can wear out enemies and your friends respawn in close proximity?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Flynt on TVH mode is a pain in the ass. He's killed me twice, and just now, on my third attempt, I had his down to a sliver, and then he knocked me off the platform down to the bottom level.

What a jerk.

glaurung

I just completed the tutorial.

Does the game work as Borderlands 1 in term of saving? You still can wear out enemies and your friends respawn in close proximity?
Might have not read that correct, but... no?

Along the dungeon-like missions, you will encounter checkpoints in the form of a New-U station. These do not allow you to travel, but the last station you come in contact with (well, pass by it) acts as a respawn beacon as well as saves the game.

If you are in a co-op game and someone has to respawn in another map (he/she has not activated the respawn beacon), the entire group gets teleported out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

But its a lot harder to shoot other players to give them health than you'd think ;P At least our team zerker provides us bullet regen with his class mod, so it works out.

Yeah, I ended up dropping the shoot to heal skill. Honestly, just the health orbs + phaselock res is all I ended up going for, I have a class mod that gives me 7/5 so I get a lot of health per kill.

Insaniac

I'm on the quest where you assault the bunker, and its really frustrating me.
I've had to fight my way up that stupid hill 3 times now.
The first time I got all the way to the bunker, turned around to go sell stuff at the store in Thousand Cuts and then found out I had to re-fight all the enemies to the top of the hill, only to find that the giant iron door was shut. So then I had to quit and save and re-fight my way back to the bunker, at which point I went in, and discovered a fast travel point. Cool, so I fast travel back to Sanctuary to buy some backup upgrades only to find I couldn't fast travel back to the bunker. So i had to go to the thousand cuts point and fight my way up to the bunker for a THIRD TIME. What is up with this quest and why does everything respawn the instant you leave the area?

Gila

Sweet Release
Restoration
Res
Elated
Sustenance

Would this seem like a good build to go with then?

iArRGzAuOStNf.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why does Angel always correct herself when she curses? I've beat all the story missions, so spoilery explanations are okay (with spoiler tags, of course).

Cardshark950

Neo Member
Guys, any advice for Wilhelm on True Vault Hunter as a Siren? I'm level 40 and he's murdering me. I'm mostly Motion specced. I can't keep up with his damage and his shield regen. He was hard on PT1 as well. I barely beat him with 3 other people helping that time. For some reason co-op seems a lot less active on True Vault Hunter though. I've been standing around waiting for someone to join me but no luck so far.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first video game ever that I have the music volume set higher than the sound effects volume. I love it.

I don't think there's an explanation beyond it being a character quirk of hers.
Yeah, you're probably right.

cluto

Why does Angel always correct herself when she curses? I've beat all the story missions, so spoilery explanations are okay (with spoiler tags, of course).

One of Jack's lines goes like, "Ahh ahh, language," when he's talking to Angel. So I guess the reason is Jack doesn't want her cursing because that's a thing fathers do.

KAOz

Short bus special
I love this game.

Just hit Level 21 as Axton. My Sentry is made out of death and destruction. Going with a proper tank-like build right now.

Not finding too much really good loot though. But hopefully that will change. And I loved the Face/Off reference!

"You can TAKE Jack's Face OFF!"

Ken

Is there any kind of repeatable arena thing I can do? I want to keep playing my Zer0 but not progress the story too far ahead while my friend is offline.

Hokhoku

Banned
Guys do you find the environment in the first game better than the second?

I have this feeling but I also haven't progressed very far

alba

Little is the new Big
Finally finished the
Arms dealing
(Timed quest). Screw those stupid quests, seriously... Now for the last sidequest and I'm done with them all, I think!

Balphon

Finally finished the
Arms dealing
(Timed quest). Screw those stupid quests, seriously... Now for the last sidequest and I'm done with them all, I think!

Those seem designed for co-op, but they're simple enough solo if you teleport between strategically placed cars.

alba

Little is the new Big
Those seem designed for co-op, but they're simple enough solo if you teleport between strategically placed cars.

I did it the normal way (solo) with like 15 seconds to spare :p Didn't think of the teleport between car, good idea xD

NIN90

You know since I played GW2, the fact that I have to get back to the quest giver to turn the quest in really gets on my nerves. Especially when the quest ends deep inside a dungeon and there are no teleport stations to be found.

KKRT00

Does anyone know if Sub-sequence reset phase-lock timer when jump onto next target or uses same timer as target before?

Raxus

You know since I played GW2, the fact that I have to get back to the quest giver to turn the quest in really gets on my nerves. Especially when the quest ends deep inside a dungeon and there are no teleport stations to be found.

Most of the quests are built so by the time you finish the main objective you are near the 'exit' with a few collecting quests being the exceptions.

Ark

I've found that most dungeons have a shortcut back to the entrance once you reach the end of the main story quest for that particular dungeon. However I have found a few quests where this hasn't been the case and I have cursed Gearbox excessively whilst running back to the entrance.

What's the word on the Mecromancer btw? I was under the impression it would launch when the game launched, I guess I was wrong.

Save and quit, and then restart your save. It will save you a bunch of time on backtracking.

ScRYeD

I've found that most dungeons have a shortcut back to the entrance once you reach the end of the main story quest for that particular dungeon. However I have found a few quests where this hasn't been the case and I have cursed Gearbox excessively whilst running back to the entrance.

What's the word on the Mecromancer btw? I was under the impression it would launch when the game launched, I guess I was wrong.
Coming October 16.

Balphon

Does anyone know if Sub-sequence reset phase-lock timer when jump onto next target or uses same timer as target before?

It doesn't reset the timer, and actually has travel time to the next target during which the timer continues to deplete. As a result, it's only really useful to maximize Wreck, as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom