• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKRT00

It doesn't reset the timer, and actually has travel time to the next target during which the timer continues to deplete. As a result, it's only really useful to maximize Wreck, as far as I can tell.

:\ so its just useless skill for such huge investment. Thanks for info, time to rethink my build ;]

Ricker

How the hell do you reach the marker for the Cult Following: The Enkindling...early level 8 quest that is trivial for me now but I want to finish it...every path is blocked it seems...the maps sometimes have too much detail.

glaurung

How the hell do you reach the marker for the Cult Following: The Enkindling...early level 8 quest that is trivial for me now but I want to finish it...every path is blocked it seems...the maps sometimes have too much detail.
I just shot every marker from far, far away with a fire weapon.

Edit: Oh, wait, you meant the quest marker and not those burning effigies? My bad. You get there the same way you find the original Firehawk quest.

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
WinPC Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3
X360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB
PS3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions: 5JKJ3-6TWKS-CSTCT-S3KJJ-FXX3W
Hurry up!!
PC and xbox codes all used up but there still a few PS3

seriously watch a youtube vid of it. i searched around for 30 minutes and couldn't find it.
theres a path that i missed because its pretty far to the 'right' of the normal flow of the map. that'll cross you over to the other side.

seriously though, watch a youtube vid and save some headache

You have to head back into the cave near the spiderants where you fought the bandits on the way to the firehawk's first encounter. Just look for the overlapping paths on the map, once in the cave look for signs with red painted arrows and follow them. You can only reach the end of the quest following that route.

You know since I played GW2, the fact that I have to get back to the quest giver to turn the quest in really gets on my nerves. Especially when the quest ends deep inside a dungeon and there are no teleport stations to be found.

You can quit out of the game (Save and Quit) and it will often times put you back at the start of the dungeon when you reload or at least near a fast travel station. I tried this a few times on those quests and it always seemed to work. Plus loading my save only takes 2 seconds on the PC version. Not sure about the consoles.

If only you could get your own loot drops. Makes for online loot sharing difficult with randoms. :/

Yeah, that seems like an oversight. If you don't want to stay close to the enemies and spam the Pick Up button as soon as loot drops, you're not getting any good stuff during a multiplayer session.

What do you guys think would be the ideal co-op loot drop code of conduct? I currently play with a pool of 4 other friends and we have settled on these rules so far.

The general rules we follow are:

1. Ammo, money, Eridium and white drops are a free for all. As the game progresses, green drops become a free for all and I imagine blues will as well at a certain point.

2. All boss drops and weapons crates should be group reviewed before looting. As you become familiar with your group, you will know if the entire drop or crate is crap and
you can just announce them as trash drops. We then grab one each or not even bother.

3. If any player could benefit from the loot, it should go to them over a trash pick up for others

4. First rare drop of the session (purple or higher) priority goes to the host, they can then defer to the next person who has an interest or need for the loot. If you always use the same host, each session can have a different first dibs "host". An alternative to this is to give the lowest level player the first rare drop of the session.

5. Rare drops then cycle from person to person for the remainder of the session so if there are four orange drops, everyone should have at least one before anyone gets their second.

6. If you are upgrading a weapon/item with a drop, offer your demoted weapon/item to the group before selling it off.

7. No boss or weapons crate looting while others are dead.

8. Share your priority of upgrades with others, "Hey, my shield sucks, let me know if you see a good one" This helps establish a demand and keeps the grow the group strength as a whole.

9. Class mods go to the appropriate class, duplicate classes can alternate or trade what suits them best.

We aren't anal about these but the general structure keeps things moving without dispute. Thoughts? Revisions?

KKRT00

It doesn't reset the timer, and actually has travel time to the next target during which the timer continues to deplete. As a result, it's only really useful to maximize Wreck, as far as I can tell.

I think i know how to use it efficiently :)
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/siren.php?050541055105434102000000000000

With Thoughtlock phaselock timer is 17s and lasts for 8s, with Quicken on 5 cooldown is reduced to 11.9s, with 15% cooldown reduction class mod or any mod that will increase Your quicken by 3, cooldown will be reduced further to 9-9.5s which will almost give 100% sustain on phaselock.
Sub-sequence though will make sure that phase-lock is on all the time, even if enemy will die and that means that You will have hp regen and fire rate + damage bonus up all the time and You can even kill phaselock enemy for hp orbs if needed.

Harmony tree point distribution really depend of +skill mods You have on Your class mod. Maxing Resoration, Wreck and Elated is highly recommended :)

Ps. Another question, do Fleet bonus work if You dont have any shield equipped? Or it only activates when shield gets depleted in fight?

What do you guys think would be the ideal co-op loot drop code of conduct? I currently play with a pool of 4 other friends and we have settled on these rules so far.

The general rules we follow are:

1. Ammo, money, Eridium and white drops are a free for all. As the game progresses, green drops become a free for all as well. I imagine blues will as well at a certain point.

We aren't anal about these but the general structure keeps things moving without dispute. Thoughts? Revisions?
About this; the ammo, Eridium and cash drops are shared among everyone in the session so there's no worry about hogging them. If someone picks up 1 Eridium, everyone gets 1 Eridium, and so on.

About this; the ammo, Eridium and cash drops are shared among everyone in the session so there's no worry about hogging them. If someone picks up 1 Eridium, everyone gets 1 Eridium, and so on.

Yeah I know, that is why it doesn't matter for pickups. Just grab it all as fast as possible.

Did they do away with weapon proficiency from Borderlands 1? Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see it on the menu. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I kinda like leveling my gun skills based on what I use more, but at the same time, this encourages me to experiment more.

Yeah I know, that is why it doesn't matter for pickups.
Oh, my bad. Early morning reading comprehension.

Did they do away with weapon proficiency from Borderlands 1? Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see it on the menu. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I kinda like leveling my gun skills based on what I use more, but at the same time, this encourages me to experiment more.
Correct, weapon proficiencies are gone.

cackhyena

I just used one of my three golden keys yesterday at level 17 and it was a giant waste. Should I be waiting for a certain level before bothering or is it all a crap shoot?

They say the later the better to use them. I'm a level 27 now, gonna use mine soon.
It seems to be completely random set of purple/ light purple? and even a few blue enhancements. The stuff I got out of the chest wasn't for my class and the items were not as good as I already had, I'm high level too, 2nd playthough.

Yeah, I found that genuinely depressing.

Brilliant game design, actually. You're all like "Timed Mission noooo I hate....these.....Man. Um...so. Hm."

This game is really remarkable. They could have stopped at just amazing loot and making shooting and skills amazing, but there are so many great design touches to all the missions. Just so damn good.

LowParry

Yeah, that seems like an oversight. If you don't want to stay close to the enemies and spam the Pick Up button as soon as loot drops, you're not getting any good stuff during a multiplayer session.

Maybe I should just play my first playthrough solo then pick up online matches later on or something.

I've been using this shotgun since I got it around level 17, I'm a 27 now. Its so dominant. If anything is anywhere close to me when I'm in second chance they are toast

Op3RXl.jpg

Exactly the same! It's the gun I basically refer to when I talk about how I actually love backtracking. Just dematerializing everyone in sight with that thing.

<3

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I did a quest last night where
I had to kill Jack's girlfriend, the Sheriff of Lynchwood.
For the first time, I felt a little sympathy for Jack after he reacted to the events that went down.

HoosTrax

I've played through the whole game, but I still didn't see anything that explained why Jack's face looks the way it does (it looks like he has a mask attached with hinges to his face), other than some references to plastic surgery. Does he have a Michael Jackson thing going on, where his original face was irreparably damaged by all that plastic surgery.

KKRT00

Ps. Another question, do Fleet bonus work if You dont have any shield equipped? Or it only activates when shield gets depleted in fight?

I've just tested it. You dont get speed bonus without shield equipped, but there is no time limit for speed bonus once shield is depleted, so You can use really crappy one instead, to have it quite permanent in fight.

Speed boost though isnt as amazing as i though it would be, in most ARPGs +50% to movement speed changes the game significantly, here its not as much noticeable as You would expect. I'm still considering if its even viable to spec to.

Ps. Yeah, I know, i've quoted myself :)

Lakitu

st5fu
Fucking hell, how annoying are mutated adult Varkids? Their unavoidable acid rips my shields to shreds, I hate this quest.

Meier

Caustic Caverns was brutally hard for my poor little Zer0. Seriously, I'm not a big fan of this character but there's no way I'm gonna start over, hah.

The revolver I have is pretty beastly though -- it was the only way I ended up making any progress. The only enemies in the whole zone I could snipe were the crystalisks (sp). The mutated badass flying ant things were absolutely insane. They'd completely wipe out my shields (even with 800) and then pretty much kill me in seconds.

Edit: Hah, as Lakitu mentioned right above me.. the varkids. Seriously, f that quest.

Ark

What would you guys suggest as a good build for a co-op commando playing with a zerker and assassin? Only level 7 at the moment.

Meier

I died twice in less than 10 seconds there to the tune of $5500 lost.

Stupid threshers.

I died repeatedly to a mutated badass right at the very beginning but then even regular ol enemies were rocking me on occasion too. I was using the shield that absorbs bullets but 370 or so was completely unacceptable there so I swapped out to a much higher capacity shield and at least could live against the regular guys.

The standard adult varkids that fly are tough enough to hit as is.

At which point in the game does playthrough 1 scale to your level (if at all) ? I know some areas do scale when you get some future sidequests in them but a lot of area don't scale yet.
I'm at the last mission so it's almost final showdown but I'd like to know if the whole of PT1 will scale once I kill the final boss or not.

I only got 3 sidequests left in my log (2 circles of slaughter and one timed for Marcus) and I may leave the circles for when I'm 50 so I can cruise through them...unless the enemies scale there, then I may try to do them now.

kitch9

Banned

Go down the fat part of the map in the centre and go into the caves to your right and then work your way up through the central route....

Took me ages.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man, started playing last night after playing BL1 from beginning through the DLC in one go and the improvements are immediately noticeable. What a great sequel so far. I'm playing on PS3 so if any GAF peeps want to add me for some co-op I'm down. ID is my username and I have a mic.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't think Caustic Caverns was too bad but I was gunzerking double SMGs, one of which was slag. Crystalisks were annoying at first until I realized you can punch one of their crystal covered legs to immediately break it and deal 1/3 of its health bar in damage. They go down quick when you only need three punches to do it.

ruttyboy

[Disclaimer: I posted this in the Stupid Questions thread hours ago trying to avoid having to come in here for spoilers reasons but noone is there]

I started a co-op game at my friend's house on my profile, my character got to level 8. Copied the save to a stick and copied to my 360 with the intention of playing through single player with a different character. Hit 'New Game' and play for a bit, go back to the menu and my original character has disappeared, overwritten by the new one (there was no warning like there usually is when you hit new game)!

Can you only play one character/save at a time?

If so it means I can only play co-op with my friend (once a week) or have to have two saves (so two sets of challenges/guns) on the go at the same time.

I didn't think Caustic Caverns was too bad but I was gunzerking double SMGs, one of which was slag. Crystalisks were annoying at first until I realized you can punch one of their crystal covered legs to immediately break it and deal 1/3 of its health bar in damage. They go down quick when you only need three punches to do it.

I snipe them from a distance or charge in with a shotgun. They gave me a lot of grief in the beginning, but knowledge is half the battle and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom