• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my first time heading to the Wildlife Preserve - before entering a message comes up asking if I want to skip ahead since I've already done some quests already. I say yes and then a ton of sidequests instantly become available to me. Crap. -___-

I should've said no.

Coconut

Banned
Yeah - definitely a bullshit fight. I had to drag him outside and use a vehicle to take him down. Unfortunately he didn't drop anything good because of this - but his gun could kill me in a few hits and his grenade would target me even while in deception.

Overall i love the game, but the bosses are crap and generally not fun to play.

Agreed I found myself trying to do something like get a boss stuck behind a piece of geometry and or just gaming the system in some weird way that didn't feel right (sniping a boss from halfway across the map).

Just doing the last part of the arena and my co-op partner died on wave 3 of 5.

I proceeded to do the next two waves by myself, running around like a madmen from the Goliaths as they mutated, etc etc, just hoping I could do it. I had about 15 bullets left in total when I took down the last enemy.

I FEEL LIKE A GOD.

Davedough

So where are good places for loot at level 19? I'm finally starting to feel strong with Zer0, but my gear isn't anything to write home about. I've got a blue, mostly greens and my class mod sucks.

H3xum

So there's this quest in the area where you meet
mordecia and tina
and one of the quests is to kill a mutated bug dealeo. We've let them grow all the way up to like super badass level but we never hit the quest.

What are we missing?

So where are good places for loot at level 19? I'm finally starting to feel strong with Zer0, but my gear isn't anything to write home about. I've got a blue, mostly greens and my class mod sucks.

I would run around the Frost Caverns and the area for the Enklinding quest to farm Goliaths and make them turn into Godliaths. Killing them gets you some decent blues and purples.

Davedough

So there's this quest in the area where you meet
mordecia and tina
and one of the quests is to kill a mutated bug dealeo. We've let them grow all the way up to like super badass level but we never hit the quest.

What are we missing?

Are you
injecting the bug pod with the syrum that the Hammer dude (british guy in Moxxi's) gave you?

Davedough

I would run around the Frost Caverns and the area for the Enklinding quest to farm Goliaths and make them turn into Godliaths. Killing them gets you some decent blues and purples.

That's now the second time I've heard them going another level. So, I shoot their helmet off and they get pissed and turn into Raging Goliaths. What do you do to make them level again?

H3xum

Are you
injecting the bug pod with the syrum that the Hammer dude (british guy in Moxxi's) gave you?

Hrmmmmm I went through my inventory just to check and see if there was a special quest item and I couldn't find one....I wonder if all 4 of us sold it. Does it show up in a backpack slot or is it just one of those walk up and hold X jobbers?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
That's now the second time I've heard them going another level. So, I shoot their helmet off and they get pissed and turn into Raging Goliaths. What do you do to make them level again?

Let them kill stuff.

Davedough

Hrmmmmm I went through my inventory just to check and see if there was a special quest item and I couldn't find one....I wonder if all 4 of us sold it. Does it show up in a backpack slot or is it just one of those walk up and hold X jobbers?

Yeah, its not an inventory item. Its a quest item so its not going to be in your backpack. When the little vernids or whatever the bugs are called burrow into the ground and start forming a pod, run up to it and hit X... kill whatever comes out.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Walk up and hit use while the pod is going

Woo-Fu

Banned
But you're going to have so much money already by level 50, so it won't matter.

Doesn't matter if it matters or not. More money is better than less money.

The more you argue that the key is worthless the more it makes sense to get as much worth out of it as you can. Maybe it gets you 4 more spins on the slot machine. 4 more spins is better than 0 more spins.

It isn't like the golden key is taking up resources. You can't put something else in those slots if you use the keys.
It isn't like the golden key rewards can be used to accrue interest. You can't cash them in early and put that money to work.

They're basically lottery tickets with the best potential payout only available at max level. If you luck out and get a good item it might as well be one that you can use for awhile as opposed to something you'll level out of in a matter of minutes/hours. If I wait till 50 maybe I get something that helps with Terramorphous, maybe I get something that I'll use in co-op while looking for other cool weapons, maybe I'll get something that will last me up to and into some of the DLC.

ok just loaded my.game and.all my non equipped weapons are gone. has anyone experienced this before? i.checked at shopped and.i havent sold them and there is nothinf in buy back. ive lost all my.elemental backup guns and rocket launchers so im royally fucked. im getting pretty sick of the glitches and restarts in this game..

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Another minor annoyance: the skins I choose for cars never save. Every time I spawn a new car, I have to reselect the skin I want. I stopped bothering a long time ago.

ok just loaded my.game and.all my non equipped weapons are gone. has anyone experienced this before? i.checked at shopped and.i havent sold them and there is nothinf in buy back. ive lost all my.elemental backup guns and rocket launchers so im royally fucked. im getting pretty sick of the glitches and restarts in this game..

a few of my expensive class mods disappeared after I dropped things (to pick up junk to sell) and went to pick them back up. I hadn't sold them; they were just gone.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Gambling is a terrible vice. I won a really awesome pistol once - level 11, automatic, 40 in a clip, super fast reload with a scope, and did I think it was 70 or 80 damage. Held me over for a loooong ass time.

Since then, I hadn't gotten better than some 'meh' blues that I vendor'd. But I've sunk probably 15k into the machines. I can't stop :(

Razek

Banned
Yeah - definitely a bullshit fight. I had to drag him outside and use a vehicle to take him down. Unfortunately he didn't drop anything good because of this - but his gun could kill me in a few hits and his grenade would target me even while in deception.

Overall i love the game, but the bosses are crap and generally not fun to play.

Yep, one on one was impossible unless I wanted to wait until I got a lucky one where he didn't throw the grenade. I found a little hut he couldn't get to and and when he threw the grenade I ran inside. They would smash against the walls outside trying to get to me and it was certainly a scary ordeal.

Coconut

Banned
Another minor annoyance: the skins I choose for cars never save. Every time I spawn a new car, I have to reselect the skin I want. I stopped bothering a long time ago.

I feel the same way but I'm committed to cruising around in my bubble gum pink Runner.

Davedough

Gambling is a terrible vice. I won a really awesome pistol once - level 11, automatic, 40 in a clip, super fast reload with a scope, and did I think it was 70 or 80 damage. Held me over for a loooong ass time.

Since then, I hadn't gotten better than some 'meh' blues that I vendor'd. But I've sunk probably 15k into the machines. I can't stop :(

I know that feel.

I do quests, to gain money, to play slots. Then take the crap I get from the slots, cash it in at the vendor to get more cash for slots. Its a sickness really.

neoism

iPD3fmEfy4E7q.jpg
:)

Anyone? Anyone see any Maliwan Shotty?
I don't think I've seen one. No snipers from Bandit and Tediore nor SMGs from Jakobs or Vladof, either.

Can you use the golden key look at the stuff then alt-f4 out and try again?
Nope, the game saves immediately upon opening the chest regardless of whether you take anything out or not. However, your number of keys is stored in your profile separate from your character, so you can go into your save game directory and write-protect your profile and then open the chest, swipe the loot, quit, and repeat. Then un-write-protect once you've got something you like. Only downside I see so far is that your profile is also where your badass rank is stored. So if you do the trick several times, and repeatedly swipe the loot, you don't get the 150+ Badass ranks from looting purple items, but it will count that challenge as completed, so you won't be able to get them again.

Doc Mercy didn't drop the gun. Am I hosed?

Edit: NM, a reload fixed it.
He did that three times for me. When I was told to check his body for the gun, the quest marker pointed underground. Had to reload at which point his corpse shows up on the gantry at the back. Consistent bug for me, but at least it's not gamebreaking.

On a different topic, anyone else hate the new Hyperion weapons? Hyperion used to be my jam, but now the aim-sway all but ruins them. Really doesn't seem to fit the image of precision that they used to have in the first game.

Balphon

I think i know how to use it efficiently :)
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/siren.php?050541055105434102000000000000

With Thoughtlock phaselock timer is 17s and lasts for 8s, with Quicken on 5 cooldown is reduced to 11.9s, with 15% cooldown reduction class mod or any mod that will increase Your quicken by 3, cooldown will be reduced further to 9-9.5s which will almost give 100% sustain on phaselock.
Sub-sequence though will make sure that phase-lock is on all the time, even if enemy will die and that means that You will have hp regen and fire rate + damage bonus up all the time and You can even kill phaselock enemy for hp orbs if needed.

In my experience, Phaselock doesn't start to cool down until after the effect is over, rather than as soon as it is used, so I don't see how you could keep it up constantly. However, sub-sequence will increase the overall uptime since the effect will stay up while the orb is moving around after the original target is dead. It's just a shame it doesn't move between targets more quickly.

Sorry. Gaming sites blocked at work (strangely except for Gaf). Synopsis?

Awesome. Thanks.

I don't think I've seen one. No snipers from Bandit and Tediore nor SMGs from Jakobs or Vladof, either.

Nope, the game saves immediately upon opening the chest regardless of whether you take anything out or not. However, your number of keys is stored in your profile separate from your character, so you can go into your save game directory and write-protect your profile and then open the chest, swipe the loot, quit, and repeat. Then un-write-protect once you've got something you like. Only downside I see so far is that your profile is also where your badass rank is stored. So if you do the trick several times, and repeatedly swipe the loot, you don't get the 150+ Badass ranks from looting purple items, but it will count that challenge as completed, so you won't be able to get them again.

He did that three times for me. When I was told to check his body for the gun, the quest marker pointed underground. Had to reload at which point his corpse shows up on the gantry at the back. Consistent bug for me, but at least it's not gamebreaking.

On a different topic, anyone else hate the new Hyperion weapons? Hyperion used to be my jam, but now the aim-sway all but ruins them. Really doesn't seem to fit the image of precision that they used to have in the first game.

this still works? I thought they fixed it in 1.1 patch?

Does it not? Could be my mistake. I was dinking with it a couple of days ago and it worked then. When was the patch?

thought a few days ago. I tried to edit the *.ini file and give myself more keys
was curious.....
and it didn't work.

Thought they patched all the vulnerabilities related to golden keys. Will have to try when i get home

Unicorn

Just doing the last part of the arena and my co-op partner died on wave 3 of 5.

I proceeded to do the next two waves by myself, running around like a madmen from the Goliaths as they mutated, etc etc, just hoping I could do it. I had about 15 bullets left in total when I took down the last enemy.

I FEEL LIKE A GOD.
I really wish there was a tv screen my friends can watch while I clear house because they died.
Was in last Stand one time and was about to run out of time when I kill the last enemy of the whole round. I heard both my friends start yelling because they were for sure I was a goner.

thought a few days ago. I tried to edit the *.ini file and give myself more keys
was curious.....
and it didn't work.

Thought they patched all the vulnerabilities related to golden keys. Will have to try when i get home

Yeah, the ini edit doesn't appear to work anymore. I specifically checked to see if write protecting the profile would work after that, though. Had to find a way to keep myself rolling in keys.

Jonm1010

Banned
So is it pretty much true throughout the game that the slot machines are the better way to go for upgrading your guns as opposed to vendors/vending machines?

I started the game only buying from machines and vendors but ever since I started using the slot machines I seem to get a lot better returns.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah, the ini edit doesn't appear to work anymore. I specifically checked to see if write protecting the profile would work after that, though. Had to find a way to keep myself rolling in keys.

If you're planning on cheating your way through the game you might as well just get a trainer with god mode and one hit kill. You'll waste less time with the whole thing and you'll be able to move to another game.

So is it pretty much true throughout the game that the slot machines are the better way to go for upgrading your guns as opposed to vendors/vending machines?

I started the game only buying from machines and vendors but ever since I started using the slot machines I seem to get a lot better returns.

So far the guns I've got in the slot machines were guns that dropped from named mobs. For example I got the legendary shotgun that drop from the skag in the Wildlife Preserve. I got it like 5 levels earlier because of the slots.

Davedough

My experience doesn't show this. I have found better weapons than I've found in the slots. I haven't equipped anything I've put in the slots, but I've gotten a crapload more eridium for upgrading my backpack and ammo amounts than I have from the quests. I dump everything I earn into gambling too.

You'll probably spend way less money per useful gun just reloading in Sanctuary and checking the machines. Even purples aren't that uncommon in the vendors, in my experience. But it is a lot more tedious than pulling the handle and getting prizes.

Megasoum

Banned
The lack of journal or at least a way to replay the echo devices is really the worst thing ever. I'm missing parts of the story because I'm in the middle of a fight or because an npc interrupt it.

catabarez

So I have this orange grenade mod called Rolling Thunder. It's so strong, but explodes every time it bounces. So I tend to die if I use it :p

neoism

This is the first video game ever that I have the music volume set higher than the sound effects volume. I love it.

Yeah, you're probably right.

There are some insanely wonderful tracks... my fav is the zoo area... that track is boos as fuck.... wish they had the grunting noises on a different setting listening to zer0 grunt and grunt gets old....... I started a siren I wouldn't have mind in that case....I went siren in the first game.... hope the other class in October doesn't sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom