• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

I tipped Moxxi enough to get her favourite gun.

Moxxi:"This is my favourite gun, you'll see why"
Equip the weapon and it's constantly vibrating
hahahahahahaha

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It pounced to that spot for me pretty quickly, followed by Mark of the Ninja. Both were big surprises for me. I knew BL2 was going to be good, but not this good.
Yeah, same here! Mark of the Ninja totally blew me away, and just a week later BL2 came out and my mind was just totally obliterated with awesomeness. I had absolutely zero interest in BL2 until about five days before launch, and now I think it's one of my favorite games ever.

H3xum

I tipped Moxxi enough to get her favourite gun.

Moxxi:"This is my favourite gun, you'll see why"
Equip the weapon and it's constantly vibrating
hahahahahahaha

I didnt know thats what it was and i am now disappointed i didnt find it myself, put that in spoilers please

neoism

Save and quit, and then restart your save. It will save you a bunch of time on backtracking.

Tip: not sure if most of you know this the save and quit thing can save you time sometimes... once and quest is green turn in you can just save and quit unless your at a checkpoint you will be at the telaport... also never go in a hard place with alot of money 10k is more than enough....waste that shit at the slots. :p better their than getting 17k takin away because you had 200K+ of course this will at high levels 40-on not matter anymore, but for low levels it helps....did this a lot on my first play-through... just did nothing but story quest first time through..... died a lot lol Shame really I've never seen anything in the can machines worth the money....

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Was just running through Thousand Cuts and heard Lisa Gerrard singing. Definitely her and I thought that was cool. I don't see a radio nearby either.

It's seemingly random. I feel like I got one at 15k and another close to 40k. Pretty much keep tipping until it happens.

I've gotten four guns from her by tipping, the corrosive one and fire one at level 15. Later on I got two of the same fire ones around level 30. Would have got a fifth one but she went to hand me the gun and nothing was there...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've gotten four guns from her by tipping, the corrosive one and fire one at level 15. Later on I got two of the same fire ones around level 30. Would have got a fifth one but she went to hand me the gun and nothing was there...
Whoa what? What are the third and fourth guns called?
She has MORE guns aside from her second and most favorite?!

Jonm1010

Banned
You'll probably spend way less money per useful gun just reloading in Sanctuary and checking the machines. Even purples aren't that uncommon in the vendors, in my experience. But it is a lot more tedious than pulling the handle and getting prizes.

Hmm. My main reasoning for what ive been doing is because I feel I spend less.

I'm still only at level 13 but I go into the slots with about 2000 and last time - making sure to sell the junk I get throughout - I ended up with around 8 erium(or whatever they're called) a purple smg, a badass launcher and my best shotgun to date.

neoism

thought a few days ago. I tried to edit the *.ini file and give myself more keys
was curious.....
and it didn't work.

Thought they patched all the vulnerabilities related to golden keys. Will have to try when i get home

still had 198 so no not sure about new character now though

Whoa what? What are the third and fourth guns called?
She has MORE guns aside from her second and most favorite?!

The third and fourth guns were identical to the second gun I got (the fire one), just a higher level. So at least you can get the guns again matched to your level.

my friend has unlimted golden keys, it says he doesn't have one but he just opened the treasure box for like a 100th time in a row. how?

Gorillaz

BL2 is easily my GOTY so far, but I'm pretty sure Halo 4 will be my personal favorite.

It pounced to that spot for me pretty quickly, followed by Mark of the Ninja. Both were big surprises for me. I knew BL2 was going to be good, but not this good.

I felt it could have been a good GOTY contender after a few levels...after i hit 10ish I realized just how addicted to the game I was.

Idk if it will beat Max Payne 3(which feels like the media darling GOTY) but to me it feels like BL2 is my GOTY.

oktarb

Here's the DLC I demand.

Version 1: Clap Trap pet. A little clap trap you can pop out load with gear and he zooms off to Sanctuary to sell ala Torchlight.

Version 2 (upgrade): Clap Trap Transformer: Summon a Clap Trap that turns into a vending machine to buy or sell.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Idk if it will beat Max Payne 3(which feels like the media darling GOTY) but to me it feels like BL2 is my GOTY.

What? Really? My opinion doesn't mean much because I haven't played Max Payne 3 but the videos I saw of it looked awful.

BTW Gearbox, consider going Torchlight on us and giving us a pet we can use as a mule. They can go to the nearest vending machine, sell off our junk and come back with fresh ammo ;P

Some kind of equippable town portal like device would also be neat (or teleport to player). Sometimes you can clear an area of quests and still have to hoof quite a ways through fresh spawns to reach that fast travel station.

Edit: Jeez Oktarb!

Gonna have to get back to this at a later date, like so many games I play nowadays.

I've definitely enjoyed it more than part 1, but the same issue reared it's head for me eventually, namely that I feel more overwhelmed with the variety of weapons and builds than there seems to be game to apply them to.

That, and even with fast travel, I found the checkpoints and re-clearing/backtracking to be Dragon's Dogma-level annoying. Local co-op seems like an afterthought considering how much the character menu UI misbehaves in splitscreen, and I don't find the game can hold my interest for long playing solo.

My desire to play local co-op exclusively is hardly the game's fault, but combining all of these factors I'm left with a game I can't stay interested in long enough to finish more than a couple missions at a time, and get tired of re-clearing the same crap when I decide to play again.

More power to everyone getting the most out of this, it's off to my monstrous backlog for now.

Coconut

Banned
What? Really? My opinion doesn't mean much because I haven't played Max Payne 3 but the videos I saw of it looked awful.

I haven't heard anyone say anything that glowing about MP3.

Gonna have to get back to this at a later date, like so many games I play nowadays.

I've definitely enjoyed it more than part 1, but the same issue reared it's head for me eventually, namely that I feel more overwhelmed with the variety of weapons and builds than there seems to be game to apply them to.

That, and even with fast travel, I found the checkpoints and re-clearing/backtracking to be Dragon's Dogma-level annoying. Local co-op seems like an afterthought considering how much the character menu UI misbehaves in splitscreen, and I don't find the game can hold my interest for long playing solo.

My desire to play local co-op exclusively is hardly the game's fault, but combining all of these factors and I'm left with a game I can't stay interested in long enough to finish more than a couple missions at a time, and get tired of re-clearing the same crap when I decide to play again.

More power to everyone getting the most out of this, it's off to my monstrous backlog for now.
Not to be a dick but I think local co-op deserves to be a back burner thing just because it effects so few players.

Razek

Banned
Was doing the firehawk mission. At the end, I was fighting with you know who when they decided to use their special ability, blow up the barrel next to me, and kill me. Thanks.............. haha.

Best thing that's happened so far to me, completely random.

I just finished the
Rescue Roland
mission and you-know-who and you-know-whom were having a reunion, and right in the middle of the heartfelt "It's good to see yous"...from down-below I hear "Claptrap beatbox time!" And so the rest of the conversation was had with the backdrop of Claptrap beatboxing. I was laughing way harder than I should have.

I love this game.

Not to be a dick but I think local co-op deserves to be a back burner thing just because it effects so few players.

Well, it's reached the point that I'm now just happy that it ever gets included in some projects at all. I don't fault games for lacking it anymore, but I feel like if you're gonna include something, make it user friendly.

Could be worse, it could be LOTR: War in the North levels of confusing.

Was doing the firehawk mission. At the end, I was fighting with you know who when they decided to use their special ability, blow up the barrel next to me, and kill me. Thanks.............. haha.
I'm pretty sure that barrels are a vault hunter's greatest foe. Seriously.

Be mindful of your surroundings.

Mikey Jr.

I really wish there was a tv screen my friends can watch while I clear house because they died.
Was in last Stand one time and was about to run out of time when I kill the last enemy of the whole round. I heard both my friends start yelling because they were for sure I was a goner.

Isnt there an elevator on the side that they can take to watch the action? I think its even possible for them to shoot.

Here's the DLC I demand.

Version 1: Clap Trap pet. A little clap trap you can pop out load with gear and he zooms off to Sanctuary to sell ala Torchlight.

Version 2 (upgrade): Clap Trap Transformer: Summon a Clap Trap that turns into a vending machine to buy or sell.
would buy!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Idk if it will beat Max Payne 3(which feels like the media darling GOTY)
Yeah, what? I've never heard anyone -- media or plebe -- mention MP3 as a GOTY contender. BL2, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, and Sleeping Dogs seem like the likely candidates to me.

Holy shit....I just got a new Assault Rifle...went from 300dmg to 1300dmg! haha feels good!
Damnnnn! That's a big jump.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the DLC I demand.

Gearbox wouldn't be able to resist having the damn thing talk CONSTANTLY though. Good idea other than that, at least version 1.

Beat the game. The lack of notable improvements over the first game leave me somewhat unimpressed, but overall it was pretty enjoyable game again. For the next Borderlands they have to get a bit more creative, though.

oktarb

Gearbox wouldn't be able to resist having the damn thing talk CONSTANTLY though. Good idea other than that, at least version 1.

Ya I think you just summon it, it doesn't follow you around 24/7. Not really BL style. Got in your inventory (takes up one space for balance) summon him, he quips little sayings. Maybe something about how "now he's the minion - what happened?!". You load him up and he sells it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom