• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the game over the weekend and it is great! Tons of fun. I liked the original but so far 2 is much better and I haven't even started to co op it with anyone yet. I'm sure it's even better to co op.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
For some reason steam won't connect online.

I am almost finished with true vault hunter mode.

I was stressing out, thinking I was banned for buying BL2 from a CD Key site...

Still sucks, BL2 doesn't show up in my library because it can't connect so I can't download it now meh

Razek

Banned
Hey, has anyone crunched the numbers on Maya or Axton: If you get a good shield recharge delay class mod, have a sizable amount of points into your badass recharge delay points, and do the recharge delay skills to get it over 100%, would your shields always be recharging?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
HAHA! Killed an enemy called One Armed Bandit and I thought it was a loot thing, turns out he has a Slot Machine on his back. Threw in some cash and it gave me a grenade...in the face!

I found an enemy carrying a slot machine that gave me three Marcus faces something like 7 spins in a row. I assumed that was just how they worked.

abundant

Promise? I'm Level 18 and the most I had was 12k (after the
train heist
)

The more you play, the better the Loot Drops will be. Just about every loot I find now (level 29) is about 600 to 2,000 dollars. I'm near the end and on the last mission I did, I made over $30,000 on just junk Loot.

Meier

So I started a Zero run....his skill is probably the worst of all 8 Borderlands characters though I haven't played Maya or the zerker yet. It's hard to imagine them being worse than this. I guess I'll be leveling the sniper tree.

I feel like his special is not very useful if you're a sniper which is the path I prefer. It would be neat if you focused on melee which gives you a chance to chain it, but that's about it. I picked him since I was Mordecai and he seemed like the spiritual successor, but at least Mordecai's special was freaking awesome. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The more you play, the better the Loot Drops will be. Just about every loot I find now (level 29) is about 600 to 2,000 dollars. I'm near the end and on the last mission I did, I made over $30,000 on just junk Loot.
I came right off of playing my level 45 character in BL1 that has $9999999 so the number changes in money has really thrown me.

Speaking of, it says you can sell off all your Junk marked stuff with one button push. How?

Gav47

Anyone else get a patch on Steam?

Borderlands 2 Update 1.0.2
-Fixed issue with trading negative credit values.
-Fixed issue regarding pre-order incentives.
-Fixed issue regarding connectivity problems involving routers with restricted Firewall UDP settings.

So once you hit 50, much to do? just the two bosses and then wait for the DLC?

Try one of the other characters.

HoosTrax

So once you hit 50, much to do? just the two bosses and then wait for the DLC?
Do you have all four characters at 50. If not...

Fwiw, I maxed out all characters to level 65, I think, in the first game besides Brick, who was definitely the worst character and not worth using imho. The gunzerker seems much more interesting and viable.

I'm going to be really disappointed if one of the DLCs for BL2 isn't along the line of the Knoxx DLC.

Raide

I feel like his special is not very useful if you're a sniper which is the path I prefer. It would be neat if you focused on melee which gives you a chance to chain it, but that's about it. I picked him since I was Mordecai and he seemed like the spiritual successor, but at least Mordecai's special was freaking awesome. :(

I found it very handy. Use skill, wait till it is just about to run out and fire a bullet into their skull. Works surprisingly well if you have the crit bonus stuff, bullet velocity etc. Also using it to decoy, run behind them and shoot them in the head works wonders.

Having the skill that shows weak points also helps massively.

I've found Micheal in HQ and Moxxi's, does he appear anywhere else?

Here is where he appears:

- Next to news stand in center of town
- In HQ near Tannis
- Top of stairs near Claptraps secrect stash
- Dr. Zeds office
- under stairs near Catch-a-Ride guy(can't remember his name right now)
- In a small alley infront of Moxxi's (across the way from the woman wearing a hat)
- In Moxxi's, in the back near some electronics
- In Moxxi's, near the slot machines
- Standing next to black market door(purple door)
- Standing infront of Marcus in his shop

Where are you guys finding these Goliaths with Slot Machines on their back? I've only ever found a Goliath with a Ammo Machine on his back, and one with a Loot Chest on his back.

plc268

The Golden Key is overrated. People act like it's a guaranteed purple gun scaled to your level that's going to be God like, but the truth is you're more than likely going to get something that's below what you currently have equipped, stat wise.

Yep, even at 50, you're not going to get anything special, unless all you have is truly terrible loot.

HoosTrax

only 65? why not 69 ;)
65, because I don't have the game installed on this computer to check what my actual level was, and made a semi-accurate guess :p.

Edit: Actually I lied. I should have just checked my screenshots stored on Steam.
37259DCD7FF5691249C238CFF0A49DB4B5E662C0
69 it is.

It's really hard to imagine going back to Borderlands 1 since 2 is so improved that it kind of makes B1 look bad.
Yeah, there are just basic niceties that make it impossible to go back. Kinda like going to Diablo after playing Diablo 2 a whole bunch and being subjected to the snail's pace movement speed on a grid.

KAOz

Short bus special
Ah. So you can't do it at a vending machine?

Yes you can.

Mark everything as trash. As soon as you enter the Vending Machine, click the left stick on your controller. Don't go into "Sell Items", just click it directly in the main menu of the machine.
All sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom