• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Will those slots even give anything good? Has anyone reported getting a Legendary from that, or at least a purple/pink colored weapon?

I'd rather give 10k to Moxxi to get one of the SMGs she gives.

3 Cherries = Green
3 Legs = Blue
3 Marcus Heads = Purple
3 Vault Symbols = Orange
3 7's = Character Skin

Other combinations will variously give white items or money.

Megasoum

Banned
Wow, this game just won't end! lol... Not that it's a bad thing obviously.

I finished the quest where
you have to kill Angel
and thought I was done....nope... how about you go back to Sanctuary and take another 10 or so sidequests? hahahaha

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else have the Vengeful Dart pistol? It has rounds that home in on enemies, but not always the ones you aim at. And the rounds don't do instant damage, but have a short delay to them. I don't really get how the homing part works. I think it might go for the strongest enemy in the general direction you're aiming, but I'm not sure.

And sometimes it just makes enemies explode. Which I like.

I got a quest early on where you have to assassinate someone and there's a bonus quest thing for doing it with a pistol. Well I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally killed the guy with my sniper rifle and didn't get it. I'm wondering if theres any way to redo it, or if I'm screwed, and also what you get for killing him with a pistol?

For a new page. For more info, after you kill this guy theres a quest to kill another guy with a bonus for killing him with a sniper rifle

mclaren777

I looked around but couldn't find answers to these two questions...

• How does the PSN version compare to the disc-based version (loading, etc)?
• Will my save game from the PS3 disc be compatible with the PSN version?

Does anybody on GAF have the PSN version?

Got this drop during the mid-game side quest for Hammerlock where you
kill Slappy
:

F0C5j.jpg

Easily my favorite weapon so far. This and Moxxi's Heart Breaker are a lethal combo while gunzerking.

BTW, I'm loving the increased challenge that True Vault Hunter mode is offering. Enemies and bosses are noticeably more challenging and as a result, you have to alter your strategy a bit from the first playthrough. Quite a few of these enemies now seem to have nova shields and the elemental damage they inflict can be significant. Forces you to play safer and more cautiously at times. Feels like I'm needing to use grenades a lot more often as well.

kill Slappy
:

Easily my favorite weapon so far. This and Moxxi's Heart Breaker are a lethal combo while gunzerking.

BTW, I'm loving the increased challenge that True Vault Hunter mode is offering. Enemies and bosses are noticeably more challenging and as a result, you have to alter your strategy a bit from the first playthrough. Quite a few of these enemies now seem to have nova shields and the elemental damage they inflict can be significant. Forces you to play safer and more cautiously at times. Feels like I'm needing to use grenades a lot more often as well.

OMG... 3277x7 damage?

I could beast with that with my Siren build.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Loot Chest owners can give the skins and heads from the CE to other players? If any kind Gaffer wants to give me some, my Steam ID is Trojita. :)

I have a question about the quests that give skins and heads for the reward at the end. If you
don't do the quests in your first playthrough
Can you get them
in new game+
and what rewards are given
in the second playthrough, if you did the quests in the first playthrough?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
kill Slappy
:

I hate the marauders with torgue guns.

Couple of random thoughts:

• God damn are the slots addicting. I almost shit my pants when
    I got three psycho masks and a live grenade flew out of the slot right at my face. Nearly killed me!
  • The shield I use that repeatedly fires off Nova blasts once it gets depleted has saved my ass so many times.

Couple of random thoughts:

• The shield I use that repeatedly fires off Nova blasts once it gets depleted has saved my ass so many times.

The Firehawk shield from
Lilith
. Yeah, it's awesome... especially for Fink's
slaughterhouse
. I wish I would've completed that quest at a higher level, though.

Santiako

Loot Chest owners can give the skins and heads from the CE to other players? If any kind Gaffer wants to give me some, my Steam ID is Trojita. :)

I have a question about the quests that give skins and heads for the reward at the end. If you
don't do the quests in your first playthrough
Can you get them
in new game+
and what rewards are given
in the second playthrough, if you did the quests in the first playthrough?

You can get the in ng+ and if you already have them they give it to you anyway so you can sell it or something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Moxxi gives an smg for 10k? How is it. Smg is my primary.
She gives
two SMGs. One is fire and one is corrosive, I forget which is in which order but I believe you get the fire one first. When I got both they were both pretty good for my level and I still use the corrosive one many levels later. Both come with High Elemental Chance properties.
Definitely worth it IMO, I don't regret putting money in there instead of slots one bit.

She gives
two SMGs. One is fire and one is corrosive, I forget which is in which order but I believe you get the fire one first. When I got both they were both pretty good for my level and I still use the corrosive one many levels later. Both come with High Elemental Chance properties.
Definitely worth it IMO, I don't regret putting money in there instead of slots one bit.

I tipped her about 15k before she gave me the Bad Touch (Corrosive SMG). I haven't tried tipping her 30k yet, but I don't need the other SMG as Corrosive is enough for my Siren. It's kick-ass too.

Apparently, you can do this again at higher levels on the same playthrough.

Been playing the game, minding my own business, until I ran near a tent or tarp. I soon heard Claptrap on the radio crying about a
double rainbow
. Then over a hill, I see...
a double rainbow
!

What does it mean?
Apparently, an achievement.

Yo, quote that pic - it's huge.

Also, anyone want to go loot hunting tonight at the Fridge? Just a quick 5-minute run through and we can keep doing it I believe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Been playing the game, minding my own business, until I ran near a tent or tarp. I soon heard Claptrap on the radio crying about a
double rainbow
. Then over a hill, I see...
a double rainbow
!

What does it mean?
Apparently, an achievement.
Was it Claptrap or Handsome Jack?

When I did it twice I got Handsome Jack both times (once solo, once in a co-op game).

alba

Little is the new Big
Wow, this game just won't end! lol... Not that it's a bad thing obviously.

I finished the quest where
you have to kill Angel
and thought I was done....nope... how about you go back to Sanctuary and take another 10 or so sidequests? hahahaha

Glad I'm wasn't alone thinking that exact same thing :p

Grisby

So how many heads has everyone unlocked? I'm more than halfway through the game but still only have about 5. Got over 30 outfits though.

Megasoum

Banned
So how many heads has everyone unlocked? I'm more than halfway through the game but still only have about 5. Got over 30 outfits though.

Sounds about right for me too. I'm playing Axton...

I just unlocked the
Mohawk
tho so this is awesome.

Xevren

I have 14 heads so far and somewhere between 50-60 outfits for Zero.

Been using this as a reference for where to get them. Some dude was giving out the CE outfits/heads there too.

Megasoum

Banned
First Jackpot! But my current shotgun is better =(

The reload for it is fucking awesome though. homing shotguns!

Hah...got the same gun with my jackpot too (well a bit different stats but the same base thing. I also got another copy of the same gun from a named skagg in the Preserve.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else have the Vengeful Dart pistol? It has rounds that home in on enemies, but not always the ones you aim at. And the rounds don't do instant damage, but have a short delay to them. I don't really get how the homing part works. I think it might go for the strongest enemy in the general direction you're aiming, but I'm not sure.

And sometimes it just makes enemies explode. Which I like.
I showed this pistol to GAF user and all around awesome dude Aggrotek, and he pointed out that it's an e-tech weapon. I thought it was just normal purple, hah. If anyone happens across it, KEEP IT. It destroys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom