• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

rented the game to give it a try, i had played the first with mixed results since i play with randoms. It's about the same as before, playing with random people is a sometimes decent sometimes depressing waste of time and i doubt i'll be playing this game long. Loot hoarding is still an issue, oddly, especially after playing diablo 3 i'm kind of accustomed to actually having loot of my own. With 4 people i rarely get anything. Then the second main problem creeps in: A general sense of everyone wandering around and the game's many objectives become checked boxes with no context.

Razek

Banned
I wish they would have cut the battle theme for the maps around sanctuary. It's been in my head since last Monday and it's driving me nuts.

dalin80

Banned
Spent half an hour last night just chilling in moxxie's bar sorting out inventory and playing slots, it really has the feel of a nice safe haven in Pandora.

Haven't won anything good from the slots but they are worryingly addictive.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Somehow I missed the Sarcastic Slab on my first playthrough. Dude is hilarious.

The references keep on coming

I came across
a Batman look-alike by the name of Rakkman
in The Fridge

He has a move where
he drops a smoke bomb and a familiar silhouette appears in its wake

If Gearbox makes a BL3, they're going to have vary little to work with

Naite

I really wish there was an option to replay side missions in PT2.5. There was one side mission I was saving up til after I beat True Hunter mode so that the reward would scale to level 50. But apparently because I joined a random game online where the host had already completed the mission, that mission wasn't available for me anymore.

The references keep on coming

I came across
a Batman look-alike by the name of Rakkman
in The Fridge

He has a move where
he drops a smoke bomb and a familiar silhouette appears in its wake

If Gearbox makes a BL3, they're going to have vary little to work with

He also drops a gun that
acts like a batarang when reloaded.

Unfortunately for me, the drop got stuck beneath the snow where I could not reach it.

Wallach

I really wish there was an option to replay side missions in PT2.5. There was one side mission I was saving up til after I beat True Hunter mode so that the reward would scale to level 50. But apparently because I joined a random game online where the host had already completed the mission, that mission wasn't available for me anymore.

Yeah, the way they handle quests and scaling is still total garbage. I really don't understand why they didn't take the time to fix this when it was one of the bigger issues with the first game.

Finished the game with my co-op partner, he had to go before we could do the post-game
You. Must. Die. fight.
Oh well, that'll have to wait for tomorrow. I did get a nice SMG that was a direct upgrade from my own in every way though, so that was nice.

EnbV8.jpg

Also, the Metal Fear head looks really nice with the Bandit Incineration skin.

This is totally awesome, so going to go get this now. I just hate going through all those threshers and bugs -_-

Btw, you can also get
a Minecraft skin and head for each character. Oh and also a shotgun. I don't have the shotgun yet though.

And you can just run past all the enemies. You should be fine if you do.

I've had some problems with it skipping main missions that I said I wanted to repeat because I joined friends who were further in the game. I now have no idea how I even get to the (Main questline spoiler)
dam where Roland was held captive.

Razek

Banned
I want it now, please. This has skyrocketed to being one of my favorite franchises.

Edit : Holy shit, I just heard Marcus say
"Catch-a-guuuun!"
Cracked me up.

I'm all for it as long as they seriously change some stuff up. 1 and 2 have been awesome, don't get me wrong. I just don't want the COD syndrome of 'more of the same' every time.

Personally, I'd like to see them make the base models and handling all still be randomly generated. However, allow the player to add their own scopes, reticules, iron sights, ect. along with some other elements as well, like fire damage modifiers or something.

The problem with this game is, I won't ever use a weapon that is inferior and of the same type, even if it has better sights. So, sometimes you get stuck with crap sights and you just have to deal.

More separate gun types too. Making 80% of the assault rifles grenade launchers is just lame. Consolidating revolvers and pistols sucked too.

I'm at Level 22 or so; would you recommend leveling up a bit more before I attempt to loot that joint, or do they respawn and hence... "Reloot"?

They respawn so I imagine they reloot. If I didn't get what I wanted, I'd just save and quit, reload and try again.

Random thought: I kinda miss the Elemental Artifacts from the first game. I want a turret that does corrosive damage! (Unless there is and I haven't found one yet.)

Edgeward

Aaaaahhh, I was doing the Hyperion contract #8978464 and had every single kind of kill needed. Was at 92 kills with only explosions left, I killed two with a rocket, only counted for 1 explosive kill so I was left with 24/25 explosive kills once I reached 100 bandit kills. ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Coolbeans. Shit, I've not thought about a game outside of playing it this much in a very long time. Gearbox have an amazing formula here.

Naeblish

I love how the feeling of a gun is so important, and can overrule better stats. I think they nailed that part so well. For example, i never like explosive handguns, no matter how good the stats are. Explosive assault rifles on the other hand...

There should be more loot chests though, my guts tell me there were way more in BL1, anyone agree? I feel like i'm only opening ammo chests at this point, very rarely a loot chest (lvl 20).

Edgeward

Also, the pc patch today is a godsend. 4/4 in joining games, not timeouts or unable to connect from friends either. Thank you, Gearbox.

Xanathus

Ugh legendary drop rates are soooo low, I'm trying to farm
Bunk3r
for the head customizations but not a single orange is dropping. It's especially dumb because I'm (ab)using The Bee to kill it in less than a minute so I've killed it tons of times yet nothing drops, I can't imagine how long it takes for someone trying to farm it normally. This isn't Diablo 3 goddamnit.

There should be more loot chests though, my guts tell me there were way more in BL1, anyone agree? I feel like i'm only opening ammo chests at this point, very rarely a loot chest (lvl 20).
I've found there are plenty if you're willing to explore in the more vertically inclined areas. Get your ass jumping and climbing. Rooftops of seemingly inaccessible buildings, side passages and cliff faces off the beaten path tend to have ultraviolent morsels packaged away. I haven't clambered over this much stuff since Assassins Creed.

So how are people ranking the classes in terms of fun? I started as a Gunzerker but found it pretty dull and have since moved onto the Siren. Although she's a little too much like a biotic from Mass Effect for my tastes, it seems loads more fun than the Gunzerker.

Xanathus

So how are people ranking the classes in terms of fun? I started as a Gunzerker but found it pretty dull and have since moved onto the Siren. Although she's a little too much like a biotic from Mass Effect for my tastes, it seems loads more fun than the Gunzerker.

Siren is the most fun to me if you like playing support/helping classes, Gunzerker is kind of a one-track pony and you"re forced to put points into the tanking tree if you don"t want to be constantly taken down by the end of PT1/PT2.

Siren -> Soldier -> Assassin. Haven't really chipped my teeth with the gunzerker yet but already have a phobia against classes that deal their best damage at close range, whether thats a zerker's reduced accuracy or a melee assassin build, which just hasn't cut it for me up to level 14.

Soldier turret is awesome, but for some reason I feel even more like a bad ass when I phaselock a badass and tear him to shreds in mid-air.

CTE

I love how the feeling of a gun is so important, and can overrule better stats. I think they nailed that part so well. For example, i never like explosive handguns, no matter how good the stats are. Explosive assault rifles on the other hand...

You're not looking hard enough then. I've found many of them and I'm only level 18 or so at this point. I've also been playing the first BL again parallel to my playthrough of this. So I can compare the two more directly. There are more chests overall in BL for sure, but there is hardly a lack of them in the sequel.

There is less so people don't loot the same way they did in BL.

Razek

Banned
You're not looking hard enough then. I've found many of them and I'm only level 18 or so at this point. I've also been playing the first BL again parallel to my playthrough of this. So I can compare the two more directly. There are more chests overall in BL for sure, but there is hardly a lack of them in the sequel.

There is less so people don't loot the same way they did in BL.

I used to think there were way less too. I've found a few spots now with quite a few chests though. You just have to go off the beaten path and be ready to fight for them. Actually, besides easy farm locations like New Haven, T-bone, and Lucky's, I'd say it's about the same.

I've primarily played Siren with a dab of Commando on the side, but I really like phaselock with damage buffs. I also like the few enemies that take raw damage from it instead of getting locked, I feel like Magneto.

Abylim

Anyone have an SMG damage relic? I'm on PS3, if you could loan it to me, or dupe it, I'd be grateful. I've seen pistol and AR damage, and tons of action skill cooldown and health, even exp+ but no smg damage.

I can give you monies, or whatever. Lvl 26. PSN : Abylim

KAOz

Short bus special
Anyone have an SMG damage relic? I'm on PS3, if you could loan it to me, or dupe it, I'd be grateful. I've seen pistol and AR damage, and tons of action skill cooldown and health, even exp+ but no smg damage.

I can give you monies, or whatever. Lvl 26. PSN : Abylim

I'm going to look. I think I have one SMG relic and a Shotgun relic.

Thing is, I MIGHT have sold it off. Will get back to you as soon as I have checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom