• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
enemy ai needs a bit of tweaking. I shot multiple rounds from various gun types at them (I missed the shots on purpose) to see if they can hear the gun shots and react by destroying my ass with grenades and shit. However, they seem to be death ( i guess from all the shooting the game procreates within seconds) and unresponsive to my gunfire.

I was playing in Bloodshot Ramparts btw

First Jackpot! But my current shotgun is better =(

The reload for it is fucking awesome though. homing shotguns!

So you can get a Legendary from that thing.

And about tipping Moxxxi, I've read it varies between 15k to 30k for her to give a weapon. I must have given more than 15k for the Bad Touch she gave me.

Beat it on Normal playthrough, it was awesome!

Only got 2 sidequests left, the Bandit arena, and the raid boss, baby. I did the Hyperion arena with a Siren buddy (I'm a Gunzerker) and everything went fine up until round 5 wave 3 as he died (PWR Loader pushing him over the cliff) and left me to fend for myself in there. So I told myself we're done for but he told me to persevere for at least a wave or two and see how it goes. Well it turns out he did well to tell me that, we actually won! He was supporting me from above, and I did my best to stay alive. Thank god I have health and ammo regen powers as a Gunzerker, they saved my life a few times. I did go down once (a miracle) but he managed to rez me back up with his phaselock almost at the last moment.

That was epic.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, I had no idea Roland,
Lilith, and Brick
were from Borderlands 1. I knew about
Mordecai

That makes their interpersonal dynamics make a lot more sense, hah.

GorillaJu

I finally got the head for finishing "To pay the bills" 5. Maya's is called "Admiral Asskicker" and I was praying to god that it was a big ass admiral's hat.

It's her default hair with a small sailor's hat. It's okay I guess. Just expected something cooler.

Balphon

I finally got the head for finishing "To pay the bills" 5. Maya's is called "Admiral Asskicker" and I was praying to god that it was a big ass admiral's hat.

It's her default hair with a small sailor's hat. It's okay I guess. Just expected something cooler.

It's pretty funny if you combine it with one the Vladof skins with their dark colors and Soviet iconography. She looks like a character out of a steampunk novel.

Grisby

Whoa, I had no idea Roland,
Lilith, and Brick
were from Borderlands 1. I knew about
Mordecai

That makes their interpersonal dynamics make a lot more sense, hah.
Yeah, I think it's cool. I kinda hope Gearbox continues this tradition in 3.

HoosTrax

Well I just had a fun night:

1. Load Borderlands 2 4-Player Difficulty Scaler (increases 1-player monster difficulty and loot quality to match 4-player)

2. Go to Caustic Caverns

3. Run around aggroing all the Varkids mobs to get them to evolve into Ultimate Badass Varkids

4. Train them on the Crystalids

5. Kill the Badass Varkids with the help with the Crystalids

6. Enjoy resulting purple loot

Razek

Banned
You want it later in the game (say late 20's anyway). imo

In process of farming the money for it, I ended up with actually a few purple fire SMG's, so I hope it saves my tip count since that is exactly what I plan to do now. Hopefully I can pay around 5k and just get it in the 20's when mine gets super weak.

Gav47

Should I spend my money at the ones in Sanctuary or are there better slot machines elsewhere?

The loot from the slot machines doesn't scale with your every level, look at Egdeward's screenshot above, he's lvl 26 but is getting lvl 22 loot. I think the next lvl of loot that you get from the machine is 28 so you would be better off waiting until you leveled up to a coresponding level.
Level.

Should I spend my money at the ones in Sanctuary or are there better slot machines elsewhere?
The slots don't really match your level like the gold key does. The ones in Sanctuary change their level according to story events. There is one in dust, but I don't remember what level it is. I don't know if the odds change between the different machines.

Ken

The loot from the slot machines doesn't scale with your every level, look at Egdeward's screenshot above, he's lvl 26 but is getting lvl 22 loot. I think the next lvl of loot that you get from the machine is 28 so you would be better off waiting until you leveled up to a coresponding level.
Level.

Well I'm only 21 so the Sanctuary slot machine should still be good for another 7 levels then?

Gotchaye

What does it do exactly? Assuming it has some sort of amp drain effect but not really certain for sure.

It's a very strong amp shield, so when your shields are full you do bonus damage and it drains your shields, and the amount it drains your shields by is 0. So until you take a hit you're doing +40k damage per shot, every shot. The downside is that the delay is extremely long (longer than displayed on the card), but that's not really a big deal.

What the F? You just found it, or was it from the enemy I told you about?

The enemy you mentioned. He's right next to the spawn point when you load up the area, and it only took maybe 10 runs of ~2 minutes each to get it. Difficulty slider may have helped.

I'm down for another go if you have a spot. How far in are you?

I finished A Train to Catch and then Sanctuary
started to fly

I'm supposed to go to the Wildlife Preserve, but a TON of sidequests popped up and I want to get those out of the way. I need to level up my Siren too.

catabarez

I finished A Train to Catch and then Sanctuary
started to fly

I'm supposed to go to the Wildlife Preserve, but a TON of sidequests popped up and I want to get those out of the way. I need to level up my Siren too.

Alright I took care of those side quest so I'll help you out with them.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
So, I use my golden key to get the chest unlocked. Find an awesome purple shotgun and sniper! Then my power goes out and when it comes back on, no purple shotgun or sniper.... Moral of the story, save after opening the golden chest. :(

steadfast

Finally found a non-shitty skin for Sal other than Bandit or Sickle
iIWU9nmE51lZO.jpg

Razek

Banned
It's a very strong amp shield, so when your shields are full you do bonus damage and it drains your shields, and the amount it drains your shields by is 0. So until you take a hit you're doing +40k damage per shot, every shot. The downside is that the delay is extremely long (longer than displayed on the card), but that's not really a big deal.

The enemy you mentioned. He's right next to the spawn point when you load up the area, and it only took maybe 10 runs of ~2 minutes each to get it. Difficulty slider may have helped.

Which enemy is this again? Can you spoiler it for me along with a rough level or chapter number please just in case? Sounds like something I'd like to have too!

Gotchaye

Which enemy is this again? Can you spoiler it for me along with a rough level or chapter number please just in case? Sounds like something I'd like to have too!

I'm not sure on the level. Probably 25ish. In ascending order of spoilishness: the enemy is
Hunter Hellquist
, in the
talk radio tower
, first encountered as a side quest on the main quest line to find the
Infostack
, in the area
Arid Nexus - Boneyard

Razek

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom