• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Dear Borderlands crew,

Whoever invented the Rabid Stalkers deserves to be stabbed in the face...hard. %*@ing things gnawing at my kneecaps.

HoosTrax

Saving
Roland
takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeever!

It's like that joke Claptrap "quest" for real.
Not sure if you're aware, but there's a way to bypass the last third of it if you're quick enough to
kill W4RD3N before it flies off with Roland to take him to the Hyperion prison. I did it by running out of the enclosed area to avoid aggroing the adds, then sniping the hell out of his weak spot (the red eye) with a lightning sniper rifle. I did it as Siren, and her Action Skill does damage to shields against boss enemies.

Not sure if you're aware, but there's a way to bypass the last third of it if you're quick enough to
kill W4RD3N before it flies off with Roland to take him to the Hyperion prison. I did it by running out of the enclosed area to avoid aggroing the adds, then sniping the hell out of his weak spot (the red eye) with a lightning sniper rifle

Huh, there's another third to that mission?
I just blasted W4RD3n with a rocket launcher and he went down in a few hits. Is the last section in a new area?

FINALBOSS

Banned
Fucking Gearbox Shift.

I haven't ONCE been able to connect to the fucking thing on my PS3 since launch day at Midnight--and I try multiple times a day. Pissing me off.

I want another golden key and to get in on the golden key shift codes that get tossed out :(

HoosTrax

Huh, there's another third to that mission?
I just blasted W4RD3n with a rocket launcher and he went down in a few hits. Is the last section in a new area?
You did it correctly, but if you're too slow about it (I didn't have a good enough weapon on my first playthrough and kept dying to adds), then it drags on much longer and you have to complete another section in another area. It is possible to "fail" the section you just completed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I've been using the same Siren class mod for ten levels now.

Team Cooldown Rate: +15%
+3 Suspension Skill (Makes phaselock last longer)
+2 Reaper Skill (Increased gun damage to any enemy with more than 50% health)
+2 Helios Skill (Causes a fiery explosion during phaselock)

I've found a ton of mods since then, but none that quite match up. Oh, and it's a purple.

Megasoum

Banned
Late game spoiler
They should really give you an achievement if you run in like a dumbass in the Hyperion barrier following Claptrap hahahah oups...

HoosTrax

Late game spoiler
They should really give you an achievement if you run in like a dumbass in the Hyperion barrier following Claptrap hahahah oups...
omg I did the exact same thing...
FFFFUUUUUUUUUU Claptraaaaaap!!! I half expected to hear him starting making fun of me.

abundant

Man, I've been using the same Siren class mod for ten levels now.

Team Cooldown Rate: +15%
+3 Suspension Skill (Makes phaselock last longer)
+2 Reaper Skill (Increased gun damage to any enemy with more than 50% health)
+2 Helios Skill (Causes a fiery explosion during phaselock)

I've found a ton of mods since then, but none that quite match up. Oh, and it's a purple.

I want that Mod! All I have is a +27% Burning Damage, +3 Helios, +2 Reaper.

omg I did the exact same thing...

Me too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Turn in pictures to Moxxi or Marcus? Who gives you the shotty and who gives you the artifact? Or do I still get a choice of rewards?

Psi

Late game spoiler

I did the same thing. I expected
it to damage me but not kill me outright, lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Turn in pictures to Moxxi or Marcus? Who gives you the shotty and who gives you the artifact? Or do I still get a choice of rewards?
I turned them in to Moxxi out of respect. Yes, I take ethics seriously in a game where I kill thousands of people, haha.

Wallach

Son of a BALLS. I accidentally gave them to Marcus. What a shitty reward. What's the shotgun? Please tell me it's not that awesome.

I think it was lower level than me or something because I pretty much sold it immediately. Couldn't really tell you if it was very good for its level.

Razek

Banned
i've lost almost all my monies from respawning. i cant defend for shit

When I know I'm going into a hard mission, I just blow all my money on the slots first. Then there isn't a penalty for dying anymore (besides the stupid 15 second demo we have to watch every time).

Mikey Jr.

Why in the sweet fuck does it take this game so long to unlock the 4th weapon slot. Im level 20, and still no. God damn annoying.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There is a specific name for it, but it's when two geometric shapes are at the same positions and the game doesn't know which to draw first. So they 'fight' to be in the camera space. Thus, the flickering. It happens with a lot of the far away object in this game. take a sniper and zoom in on the hyperion base, it even flickers too.

That's Z-fighting, and I've seen that happen too, but this didn't quite look like that. It looked more like the textures glitched out and flashed brightly for a fraction of a second before returning to normal. This kept happening every now and then with the rock textures as I was moving through the environment (but only once per texture as I drove past them, which is what made me thing it might have something to do with the game loading a higher LOD version).

Weirdly, I just played for another rather long session, during which I didn't see it happen a single time. I also don't remember seeing it happen before the session earlier today which prompted me to post about it. So maybe the game just temporarily glitched out a bit on me during that session.

One might be tempted to think that it was my GPU overheating, but would that really have affected such a specific thing while leaving everything else intact? From what I've seen of people's overheating GPUs, the effects are usually much more obvious and severe.

Also (and this is probably very old, but I hadn't noticed it before and found it funny):

iDK9bxHqWFmZN.png

Oh Gearbox!

I got a quest early on where you have to assassinate someone and there's a bonus quest thing for doing it with a pistol. Well I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally killed the guy with my sniper rifle and didn't get it. I'm wondering if theres any way to redo it, or if I'm screwed, and also what you get for killing him with a pistol?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
i've lost almost all my monies from respawning. i cant defend for shit
Some tips that might be helpful:
- Make sure you're leveled high enough for the mission.
- Use elemental weapons to your advantage.
- Pick people off from afar with a sniper rifle.
- If you have singularity grenades, throw one down immediately below you as you're being chased by a mob of enemies, and it'll buy you a few seconds.
- Run if you need to. Jump over fences and boxes to block the enemy from pursuing you. Let your shields and action skill recharge, and reload your weapons.
- If you're playing as a Commando, use your turret to draw enemy fire to give yourself a chance to recover.
- Make Goliaths rage to distract enemies.

FStop7

Banned
Three Way Hulk is a HELL of a shotgun.

I also got a purple handgun called Peppy Dart that seems to home in on targets as well as set them on fire.

When confronting Goliaths I can enrage them with the dart and then absolutely annihilate them with the shotgun when they rush me.

Razek

Banned
That's Z-fighting, and I've seen that happen too, but this didn't quite look like that. It looked more like the textures glitched out and flashed brightly for a fraction of a second before returning to normal. This kept happening every now and then with the rock textures as I was moving through the environment (but only once per texture as I drove past them, which is what made me thing it might have something to do with the game loading a higher LOD version).

Weirdly, I just played for another rather long session, during which I didn't see it happen a single time. I also don't remember seeing it happen before the session earlier today which prompted me to post about it. So maybe the game just temporarily glitched out a bit on me during that session.

One might be tempted to think that it was my GPU overheating, but would that really have affected such a specific thing while leaving everything else intact? From what I've seen of people's overheating GPUs, the effects are usually much more obvious and severe.

Also (and this is probably very old, but I hadn't noticed it before and found it funny):

http://i.minus.com/iDK9bxHqWFmZN.png[IMG]

Oh Gearbox![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was probably just Unreal's crazy texture loading and LOD system freaking out then.

abusori

I've spent probably nearly a million, and still haven't gotten either 3 eridium or 3 Borderlands symbols for the stupid Challenge -_-

I've won the eridium jackpot 3 times, but I've never gotten 3 borderlands or 3 bells. Does anybody even know how much money you win for the bells? Seems way too rare considering money is really easy to come by in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom