• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOz

Short bus special
Another question, do any stores ever sell relics? Any tips on how to farm em? I've been doing the arena.

I've gotten most of mine out of enemy drops.

And yeah, I had sold it. Can't fight it in either the bank or stash. Sorry dude.

JambiBum

I lost like half of my money and had no idea what happened to it. Turns out that in Lynch wood there are rats called thief rats. If they touch you they can take a large amount of money from you. I was losing 7 grand each time. The worst part was that when I killed them I would only get a couple hundred back from them.

siddhu33

I lost like half of my money and had no idea what happened to it. Turns out that in Lynch wood there are rats called thief rats. If they touch you they can take a large amount of money from you. I was losing 7 grand each time. The worst part was that when I killed them I would only get a couple hundred back from them.
You have to kill all the rats. Also, large amounts of money aren't auto-pickup.

KAOz

Short bus special

They can take loads of stuff from you. Also, if you don't kill them quickly they will stash it and the money or items they stole, will be lost forever.

Like tears in the rain.....

Naite

Well don't tell us how to farm that gun or anything...

Or you can just ask normally...

Anyways it's a rare drop from Mick Zaford. So in the mission where you choose a side between Zaford and Hodunks, you need to have sided with the Hodunks. Pretty much what I did was fast travel to Lynchwood, then go the the Dust, and Zaford and his men will be there. Then just kill everyone (this goes much quicker with Zero because he can melee him to death with a Law and Order build without having to deal with his henchmen). If he doesn't drop the rare gun, just save and quit. When you reload, you spawn right back in front of Zaford.

red731

"Midget lover..."

KuGsj.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I noticed rats and midgets running around in the slaughterdome picking up all the scattered loot as they ran around. They didn't seem to redrop any of it.

Raide

"Midget lover..."

KuGsj.gif

I got this shouted at me by someone with a Midget strapped to a shield. So confused.

Edit: Also had one of those Buzzard things singing Flight of the Valkyries. Gave me a good laugh when I exploded them over the landscape. Love how they explode.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm not sure on the level. Probably 25ish. In ascending order of spoilishness: the enemy is
Hunter Hellquist
, in the
talk radio tower
, first encountered as a side quest on the main quest line to find the
Infostack
, in the area
Arid Nexus - Boneyard
It says blocked for me since I kinda went straight to the main mission for that area. Booooo

Sojgat

This game is simply amazing. The first few hours I felt it was really just Borderlands 1 again with a few refinements, but the amount of detail... it's just amazing.

E3_BL2_Shot_7.jpg

These guys are awesome. It happened to me for the first time today, one of the soldiers runs up and starts pounding the ground like Rumble from Transformers. I love this game.

bonesquad

Do relics first show up late game (or second play through)? I'm I think level 22 and the only relic I've seen is the one I started with.

sephi22

PSN+ duping theories.

Gear:
- back up your save to psn+
- load the game, transfer gear to a friend
- restore save from psn+ (no 24 hour limit)
- load your game, have your friend give you the gear back

Treasure chest keys (might not work):
- Back up two saves - the character save as well as your profile save
- load game, use key on treasure chest, get gear
- give gear to friend, restore both saves, load game again, take items back, rinse repeat*

* i tried this by just backing up my character save. I opened the chest twice using my premier club as well as shift key, and got 3 items (i was level 24). Then i saved, quit, downloaded by earlier save and loaded the game. Not only did my keys get used up, but i lost the gear too since i overwrote the earlier save with a new one. Thats why i think you should duplicate your profile save too. Im out of keys now so cant confirm. I guess thats the price of experimentation. Sorry for trying to cheese your game GBX

Drazgul

Anyways it's a rare drop from Mick Zaford. So in the mission where you choose a side between Zaford and Hodunks, you need to have sided with the Hodunks. Pretty much what I did was fast travel to Lynchwood, then go the the Dust, and Zaford and his men will be there. Then just kill everyone (this goes much quicker with Zero because he can melee him to death with a Law and Order build without having to deal with his henchmen). If he doesn't drop the rare gun, just save and quit. When you reload, you spawn right back in front of Zaford.

I'd recommend siding with the Zafords - the Hodunk boss drops a x3 SMG with slag chance (so with 3 shots a pop it's pretty much guaranteed), it's a DPS machine, whereas that pistol doesn't seem that great.

Stantron

Some random dude came into a game I was playing and started dumping a bunch of purple guns, and this one orange... beastly gun.
pUKicl.jpg

Ken

What's the Law and Order build?

Drazgul

^ He's referring to the gun and shield rewards you get from certain quests in Sanctuary. Can't really miss them when they become available.

So what's the highest level binder mod?

No reason why lvl 50 one couldn't spawn. Trying to find a particular class mod is the worst tho. >.<

Actually, what could be cool is if you could craft some things like relics and class mods. There should probably still be a degree of randomness to their stats, and they should cost a buttload of money and some ingredients you'd need to hunt.

Tiny Tina makes me cringe every time she speaks, but I just found out she's voiced by Ashly Burch and I find her show quite enjoyable, so conflicted.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: Also had one of those Buzzard things singing Flight of the Valkyries. Gave me a good laugh when I exploded them over the landscape. Love how they explode.
Yeah, me too. I hate fighting them, but taken down a flying enemy hasn't been this satisfying sense taking out Banshees in Halo 1.

Do relics first show up late game (or second play through)? I'm I think level 22 and the only relic I've seen is the one I started with.
It took me a while to find one, but not that late. Just keep looking. Also, look at the rewards that each quest offers, and go for ones that give relics.

Abylim

PSN+ duping theories.

Gear:
- back up your save to psn+
- load the game, transfer gear to a friend
- restore save from psn+ (no 24 hour limit)
- load your game, have your friend give you the gear back

Treasure chest keys (might not work):
- Back up two saves - the character save as well as your profile save
- load game, use key on treasure chest, get gear
- give gear to friend, restore both saves, load game again, take items back, rinse repeat*

* i tried this by just backing up my character save. I opened the chest twice using my premier club as well as shift key, and got 3 items (i was level 24). Then i saved, quit, downloaded by earlier save and loaded the game. Not only did my keys get used up, but i lost the gear too since i overwrote the earlier save with a new one. Thats why i think you should duplicate your profile save too. Im out of keys now so cant confirm. I guess thats the price of experimentation. Sorry for trying to cheese your game GBX

Dude, much simpler way. Get your friend to host, join the game. Open the chest, before its even opened, Quit to xmb, he loots the chest, you come back in, no key was used up.

My buddy and I did that for a while. Got some good level appropriate stuff, but no relics.

Xanathus

Tiny Tina makes me cringe every time she speaks, but I just found out she's voiced by Ashly Burch and I find her show quite enjoyable, so conflicted.

Yeah it was the epitome of "trying too hard". It's like hiring James Earl Jones for your villain and making him only do Darth Vader voices and lines.

Yeah it was the epitome of "trying too hard". It's like hiring James Earl Jones for your villain and making him only do Darth Vader voices and lines.
Yeah exactly, I suppose Tiny Tina doesn't have too many dialogues so perhaps they're trying to make every line a quote-worthy one liner, but it really came across as trying way too hard. Claptrap on the other hand, I find genuinely funny, I'm up to Chapter 10 so far and there are quite a few laugh out loud moments involving him.

Zafords gave me a pretty crappy smg that seems to slag me.

Meh, went to the Hodunks and they gave a crappy shotty.

Also, my level gains are moving at a snail's pace. We did a bunch of side missions before hitting up the Wildlife Preserve and gained maybe one level. I'm itching to get my Siren to level 35. I can almost taste it - the beast will get unleashed around that level. At level 23 I feel like my Siren is crazy good already. The Cataclysm tree is just crazy.

GorillaJu

Also, my level gains are moving at a snail's pace. We did a bunch of side missions before hitting up the Wildlife Preserve and gained maybe one level. I'm itching to get my Siren to level 35. I can almost taste it - the beast will get unleashed around that level. At level 23 I feel like my Siren is crazy good already. The Cataclysm tree is just crazy.

Yeah I thought I'd like the Motion tree but at level 25 I'm going to go back to Cata. Motion probably becomes incredible once you get the chain reaction ability that phase locks another enemy when you've killed one in phase lock.

I love seeing purple, orange and green damage on everything.

Just got a box of new parts to build a computer. Really minimal investment (only spent 450 bucks) but it should be a huge improvement on my 5 year old laptop, which can only run smoothly at 720p. Super excited to see the improvements, with 8gb ram, GTX 560 and an AMD phenom II x4

Its probably best to just do mainline quest at this point. Doing stuff at your character's level leads to crazy fast experience gain. I went from level 27-35 in just a few hours. It helped that I farmed the last boss for three of those level, butt he point still stands.

In regards to the two clans I haven't had a chance to get the SMG, but I just got the pistol the
Zafords give and it is damn impressive.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I hate that my game has basically become a what do I put in the bank and what do I sell simulation. Why did Gearbox limit the amount of space you can get? How did this pass any kind of Q&A especially after the first game?

Yeah I thought I'd like the Motion tree but at level 25 I'm going to go back to Cata. Motion probably becomes incredible once you get the chain reaction ability that phase locks another enemy when you've killed one in phase lock.

Chain Reaction + Converge + Ruin = @_@

This is what my final build should look like:
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/siren.php?555001020000000000005505510501

Since I primarily use SMGs, that Chain Reaction is going to be a real pain for mobs.

I hate that my game has basically become a what do I put in the bank and what do I sell simulation. Why did Gearbox limit the amount of space you can get? How did this pass any kind of Q&A especially after the first game?
Sometimes, you just gotta make the hard calls.

Chain Reaction + Converge + Ruin = @_@

This is what my final build should look like:
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/siren.php?555001020000000000005505510501

Since I primarily use SMGs, that Chain Reaction is going to be a real pain for mobs.
My final build is looking similar, but I don't care about Flicker all that much and Sweet Release is pretty nice.

I have yet to find a decent incendiary SMG, or any good SMGs really.

Are there any quests that reward one that I can look forward to? My luck has been terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom