• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Just hit 20 on my zerker and I'm starting to struggle. I realize though it's because my gear is baaaalllllls. But I'm not getting any upgrade. Just
got to flying sanctuary
and the best weapon I've found was a 300damage sniper. And I don't like sniper rifles. :(

I've noticed that loot seems to get a class better in 'waves' - and I think I just hit a new one.

mackattk

Agreed

Going down the snipe tree you only really benefit from deception for the first single shot as you get a dmg boost from inside of deception or for retreating.

It's still hands down the most worthless action skill. The snipe tree feels like it was just something that was thrown in there so one character could main a sniper.

I guess like most people, I had memories of Mordecai, and thought that the assassin was the replacement. I guess I should have researched the skill trees a little more.

It is tough reading people raving about the commando's rocket launcher turret, and gunzerker going to town with his action skill. I am just kind of left not even using mine most of the time. I usually play as a sniper, and a critical headshot is often more than enough to take a guy down.

JoeFu

Banned
Got a question about a unique monster that spawns for a sidequest in Lynchwood

Does Dukino's Mom drop any oranges? I farmed her a bit and nothing :(, oh well it was easy xp and money

Just hit 20 on my zerker and I'm starting to struggle. I realize though it's because my gear is baaaalllllls. But I'm not getting any upgrade. Just
got to flying sanctuary
and the best weapon I've found was a 300damage sniper. And I don't like sniper rifles. :(

I've noticed that loot seems to get a class better in 'waves' - and I think I just hit a new one.

The gear you're finding is balls because you're overleveled. I was level 16 when I got to
floating sanctuary
You must be doing like all the sidequests, because the story mission is only level 16 as well.

I'd agree that sniping focused Zero feels kind of like an afterthought. Everything else in the game is really fast paced and having to play slow and deliberate as sniper just doesn't feel right. Maybe its better if you max out the tree or in support role in multiplayer, but it's kind of a snooze doing it in single player.

Megasoum

Banned
Got a question about a unique monster that spawns for a sidequest in Lynchwood

Does Dukino's Mom drop any oranges? I farmed her a bit and nothing :(, oh well it was easy xp and money

Easy? Ugh... I'm 29 and she one shot me with nothing to use to second wind around.

JoeFu

Banned
Easy? Ugh... I'm 29 and she one shot me with nothing to use to second wind around.

Haha just stay where the elevator drops you and unload corroded shots into her. When she's charging her laser just duck down behind the little wall.

Specifically the left side, right part of the wall won't block the shot.

Lakitu

st5fu
So how do I lure flesh-stick out? I don't want to accidentally kill him. I let him chase after me but he always stops just before the bridge.

H3xum

So how do I lure flesh-stick out? I don't want to accidentally kill him. I let him chase after me but he always stops just before the bridge.

He stopped there for me as well, just shoot him with your weakest gun once and he'll start running after you

Ark

I had to melee him every time he tried to run away, but that didn't work because I almost killed him. If you're playing as the siren just use your action skill to pick him up and drop him again and it'll pull him again, by the time he tries to run away again you're phaselock should be just about coming off cooldown so you can repeat this process until you get him back to Tina's.

That's what I had to do anyway.

edbrat

PS3 owners go go go!!!!!

PS3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 1k redemptions for 5 Golden Keys: WJKJT-RX6CH-CHJC3-ZBWT3-SHKXJ

Randy aka @duvalmagic will likely tweet other platforms shortly

Grisby

I shot near him, like I was making him dance on one of those old west movies and he kept following me.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
The gear you're finding is balls because you're overleveled. I was level 16 when I got to
floating sanctuary
You must be doing like all the sidequests, because the story mission is only level 16 as well.

Mmm, that doesn't seem right. I've done most of the side quests I've come across, true - but when I hit the fridge I saw my first level 20 drop (I was 19 at the time, so it stood out) - it seems like the gear and I are roughly the same level.

To top it off, my gear is anywhere from level 8 to level 14 - which, at this point, isn't good enough. Just haven't gotten many pieces of gear that stood out (ie, blue or above) and the greens I get are hard to get that MIGHT be upgrades aren't apparent enough without trial and error (I don't think I really have a firm grasp of the weapon system yet, like I did in borderlands - I could look at any gun and immediately tell if it was better or worse).

I'm holding on to an old orange shield and grenade - and the grenade is still amazing even though it's in the low teens - but my shield is zeroing out too quickly.

And the guns I use (I like pistols) do about 120 real-world damage a shot, but they are automatic. Regardless, while they're the best I've found so far, they're dated and things just don't die as fast as they used to - and I spend half my time fighting for my life.

Basically - I need better gear. Luckily I have like... a thousand quests that just popped up, lots of them with blue and some with purple rewards - this will hopefully get me up to snuff.

And who knows, maybe I'll get lucky at slots.

tw1164

You can shoot at his feet. Just shoot around him and he'll follow.

Has anyone gotten the Goliath, Meet David achivement? I can't get the golith to get past the Ultimate Badass Goliath stage. He runs out of guys to smash.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there any way to redeem a shift code online?

Wow the official Shift website is really completly empty lol... ugh

I might have to install the game at work because of that lol.

DryvBy

I dunno if anyone brought this up yet but the Game Informers review is a horrible piece. It seemed really rushed and more of a preview piece than a real review.

Just had to get that out.

PS3 owners go go go!!!!!

PS3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 1k redemptions for 5 Golden Keys: WJKJT-RX6CH-CHJC3-ZBWT3-SHKXJ

Randy aka @duvalmagic will likely tweet other platforms shortly
Dam no way to do this online. looks like he will be doing it again in the evening.

Agreed

Going down the snipe tree you only really benefit from deception for the first single shot as you get a dmg boost from inside of deception or for retreating.

It's still hands down the most worthless action skill. The snipe tree feels like it was just something that was thrown in there so one character could main a sniper.

I wouldn't call his Sniper tree or action ability worthless. It does however seem to be more beneficial in a multiplayer game, giving you the chance to get 1 hit kills against powerful enemies (when they have much higher health) and get the agro off of you when needed. It's weaker than the other class skills but it's not worthless. Also as a sniper the ability to go out of site and then deliver a powerful shot makes sense to me.

Just got this for doing the "Uncle Teddy" mission on Arid Nexus.

The red text means it does 10x critical damage, maximized Lady Fist

3Cpjy.jpg

Hope the image isn't too big this time

FHIZ

I haven't opened my loot chest in sanctuary, but I've got to ask, what's the point of having more than one golden key? I've got 2. Is it just for opening the same chest on different play throughs?

robot

I haven't opened my loot chest in sanctuary, but I've got to ask, what's the point of having more than one golden key? I've got 2. Is it just for opening the same chest on different play throughs?

You can open the chest multiple times in a single playthrough afaik.

zlatko

Banned
Got it last night and started up my Zero. Not liking the starting area at all. Not that pretty to look at, lots of pop-in on the 360 version, and the first few quests have been a bit hum ho.

The writing has been chuckle worthy though, so that's a big plus, and I like this whole bad ass level system introduced.

Going to put in a few more hours tonight! :D

Chavelo

Got it last night and started up my Zero. Not liking the starting area at all. Not that pretty to look at, lots of pop-in on the 360 version, and the first few quests have been a bit hum ho.

The writing has been chuckle worthy though, so that's a big plus, and I like this whole bad ass level system introduced.

It gets better... trust me. :D

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

The chest closes again after you open it.

Meier

I'll be honest, I'd recommend re-starting unless you are planning on being an actual assassin and focusing mostly on using his special and then meleeing. He is not very good if you intend to mostly use guns though. The Gunzerker is probably a better option if you want to go that route.

I am level 21 now so I'm just going to continue with him but I find him fairly frustrating in comparison to Mordecai who was an absolute blast.

I assume you mean texture pop-in. It's the engine, and its on all platforms. The draw distance, however, is not a problem. I enjoyed the snow levels. Was a nice change from all the brown before, but the game definitely has a lot more to offer.

Switched from Gunzerker to Commando. I'm doing a lot better now. It was just really weird sniping everything as a Gunzerker since that is by far the best way to clear enemies out.

mackattk

Switched from Gunzerker to Commando. I'm doing a lot better now. It was just really weird sniping everything as a Gunzerker since that is by far the best way to clear enemies out.

Thats what I am thinking about too. I have been playing a sniper assassin. The turret seems like a far better offensive/defensive mechanism than the assassin's special, due to my playstyle.

H3xum

I wouldn't call his Sniper tree or action ability worthless. It does however seem to be more beneficial in a multiplayer game, giving you the chance to get 1 hit kills against powerful enemies (when they have much higher health) and get the agro off of you when needed. It's weaker than the other class skills but it's not worthless. Also as a sniper the ability to go out of site and then deliver a powerful shot makes sense to me.

I didn't say it was worthless period, I said of all of them it was the most worthless.

I also pointed out exactly what you said, it's good for one shot, but what good is 1 shot when a commando/zerker is clearing a room and phaselock can suck multiple enemies to it.

It does not provide much incentive to snipe with it. Ideally they should let you rip off a few shots, even if it's just 3, whilst remaining cloaked.

You still have have the high pressure feeling as you're only granted 5 seconds to make all 3 shots count. That would be exponentially better.

Adam. Adammmmmmmmm ^

Xevren

I'll be honest, I'd recommend re-starting unless you are planning on being an actual assassin and focusing mostly on using his special and then meleeing. He is not very good if you intend to mostly use guns though. The Gunzerker is probably a better option if you want to go that route.

I am level 21 now so I'm just going to continue with him but I find him fairly frustrating in comparison to Mordecai who was an absolute blast.

Assassins are fine with guns, especially with cunning. It's just a slow start, if anything Zero is a late bloomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom