• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coconut

Banned
wat.

Explain.

So if you drop one and then drop the other they both exist on the same power bar. if one get destroyed the both get destroyed. I was hoping to be able to stack them a little bit I mean I can see why for balancing reasons why it doesn't let you just throw one down while the other cools. but I mean in my mind I thought I could drop turret A wait halfway drop turret Band cool down wouldn't start until turret B returned to me. It seems that the only difference between this and just adding a second gun to the turret is that with the Dual turret they will track seperate enemies.

Both with missile pods? 'cos missile pods are AWESOME

I don't think there are enough points to build that out.

neoism

So if you drop one and then drop the other they both exist on the same power bar. if one get destroyed the both get destroyed. I was hoping to be able to stack them a little bit I mean I can see why for balancing reasons why it doesn't let you just throw one down while the other cools. but I mean in my mind I thought I could drop turret A wait halfway drop turret Band cool down wouldn't start until turret B returned to me. It seems that the only difference between this and just adding a second gun to the turret is that with the Dual turret they will track seperate enemies.

they are uping the level cap right... other wise the dlc is worthless..... I hope its 10 levels per dlc or 12.5 or something lol so 100 can be the cap

FStop7

Banned
This game starts off really well, then at around level 8 it starts to become a bit of a grind, then around level 12 it starts to get really good again. After a very long drought without getting any cool guns I've snared a couple of very useful purples and the skill tree's benefits are becoming more relevant to me. As an assassin I can do some pretty crazy melee damage, not to mention gun damage while in stealth. At level 11 I was able to crit for over 1,000 points of damage by shooting someone in the back with a shotgun while cloaked.

Nelo Ice

Banned

It's possible though imo putting all those points into survival isn't worth it.
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?50050100000000000000055000145051

Also missle pods are almost required for the turret to be useful, especially in vault hunter mode.

I thought there were, unless the build calculator has it wrong.

This game starts off really well, then at around level 8 it starts to become a bit of a grind, then around level 12 it starts to get really good again. After a very long drought without getting any cool guns I've snared a couple of very useful purples and the skill tree's benefits are becoming more relevant to me. As an assassin I can do some pretty crazy melee damage, not to mention gun damage while in stealth. At level 11 I was able to crit for over 1,000 points of damage by shooting someone in the back with a shotgun while cloaked.

I just hit 19 and have yet to experience a quest that didn't have something redeeming or fun about it. Except that god damned post office one oh my god.

Other than that, though, this game is non-stop joy.

nbraun80

I thought there were, unless the build calculator has it wrong.
you can get the two turrents and missile pods, but you'll have to be like lvl 40+. I prefer getting the double up and get double the missiles and it shooting slag bullets to make the missile hit even stronger. I'm a lvl 47 and just destroying people with this. ha

Vodh

On a side note: yeahhh, I think I'm gonna leave the player numbers slider for a NG++ when the NG no longer presents a challenge. I like my balance as it is.

joelseph

Zero Sniper early is awesome. Hanging at the edge of a new area popping heads and hitting your action ability defensively only to pop up somewhere else and continue the head damage. So good.

Why are so many people complaining about Zer0?

Im using a melee build and Im kicking ass.

When Im in deception, I kill Goliaths in one hit.

If somehow an enemy survives the deception attack, Im close to him so a couple more melee hits and he`s done.

Too many enemies shooting at me? Use Deception and run.

I dont know how it will be in True Vault Hunter Mode, but so far it feel great to play as Zer0.

PS - My crappy pistol that does +100% melee damage helps tremendously though :p

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Ok.. on the ps3 here and yesterday I posted about a few missions being bugged ... one of them being in the Fridge and then another I couldn't remember.... wellllll.....

The Cold Shoulder mission is definitely bugged. I went back and looked up top before you ever jump down, i looked around the whole boat thing stuck in the ice before you jump down. On every girder and every little jutting out broken rock ... absolutely no quest item light. Nothing at all. Unless you have to climb to the top of fridge and stand at the opening of that large chasm to find the last piece of pizza this mission is broken for me.

Now... i can't remember the other mission i was thinking of yesterday... BUT while playing last night...

I decided to go complete the Bandit Treasure Map mission that started in Sawtooth. Jump over to the caustic caverns and run through beating up on level 26-28 things all over the place. Get all the way through (even found a secret BL symbol halfway up the ladder at the end of the circle that makes up the level) exposed the treasure chest and killed all the cannon fodder in the area. I go to open the chest aaaaaand....... i can't. It doesn't highlight like a chest object in the game. No square pops up on the screen. I can shoot it. It's physically there in the game world (lifts up from an underground holding elevator thing) but it will not open for me. Waited almost 10 minutes hoping it would glitch back in .. ran all over the level. Will try going back tonight after having my PS3 turned completely off and having to restart the level but.... godamnit.

So.. that makes 3 fucking missions I can't complete. They need to be working for my 2nd playthrough or i'm gonna rage. I even went online to make sure i wasn't missing out on some incredible loot. This game is lucky it rocks.

p.s. Zer0 is a death machine. I'm one point away from unlocking Many Must Die and since i'm currently hitting one shotting almost everything I fight with Decepti0n i'm pretty sure it's snake eyes level ninja shit right around the corner. How you could not like this character i don't know. BUT ... i can definitely see him being the hardest class to play (just like Mordecai in the first game... only with a skill that isn't completely and UTTERLY useless. fuckin bloodwing.

cackhyena

Why are so many people complaining about Zer0?

Im using a melee build and Im kicking ass.

When Im in deception, I kill Goliaths in one hit.

If somehow an enemy survives the deception attack, Im close to him so a couple more melee hits and he`s done.

Too many enemies shooting at me? Use Deception and run.

I dont know how it will be in True Vault Hunter Mode, but so far it feel great to play as Zer0.

PS - My crappy pistol that does +100% melee damage helps tremendously though :p
Since I consider melee in this game to be about 100% less fun than shooting, I'd consider that a good reason for me dropping him. Way more fun with Axton on my end.

_machine

Anyone got any good builds or tips for Siren?

I'm having trouble with finding a non-sniper weapon that I like, smgs/pistols/assault rifles just seem to do little damage even with a critical hit and you'll end up wasting a mag for a single enemy and shotguns require close-range and you'll end up reloading constantly.

Since I consider melee in this game to be about 100% less fun than shooting, I'd consider that a good reason for me dropping him. Way more fun with Axton on my end.

I understand that. But you are talking about taste.

I read a lot of posts of people saying that Zer0 is weak or they are getting their ass kicked and have to respec.

You just prefer not to use melee.

Gartooth

Thinking about redoing the skill points on my level 37 Zer0. I've done most of the Bloodshed tree and am currently headed into getting midway on Cunning, but I'm debating on whether or not I want to do it the other way around, with getting to the bottom of Cunning and half way through Bloodshed.

This is mostly because I feel Bloodshed right now is really good for taking on enemy swarms, but not strong enemies in particular. If the kunai is as strong as people say, it could help me take on stronger enemies, but I would have to give up the bonus of stringing deceptions together.

Ark

Is the increased turret accuracy for Axton in the Guerilla tree better than the shield rate? I can't decide between the two.

sophora

I'm liking my Zero melee build, though it probably isn't practical later on, it sure is fun. There is nothing like using the dash to get to a buzzard in midair and destroy it. I always tend to use the dash in mid air or to get to far away enemies that much faster.

Davedough

So, I have no real big complaints about the game, but I was playing through my vanilla Zer0 last night, woeing to myself about the fact that the slots hate me, I die frequently and I haven't found anything but random blues and a lot of greens and then it happened.

In the mission at the Wildlife Preserve, at level 20 I got through the course of the quest, 4 REALLY good purple drops that completely changed my loadout. I forgot to get screenshots before heading to work, but the damage on my sniper rifle essentially doubled and gained corrosion, I got a blisteringly fast fire element SMG, a shotty with insane damage and slag and a really powerful assault rifle with explosion. Complete game changer for me. I went from being a hide and seek shooter to a full on "COME AT ME BRO!" type of player. To top it off, I also finally got those singularity grenades and found a shield that has a 1.12 recharge delay. I can finally breathe easier on playing now... for a while.

DryvBy

Ok.. on the ps3 here and yesterday I posted about a few missions being bugged ... one of them being in the Fridge and then another I couldn't remember.... wellllll.....

The Cold Shoulder mission is definitely bugged. I went back and looked up top before you ever jump down, i looked around the whole boat thing stuck in the ice before you jump down. On every girder and every little jutting out broken rock ... absolutely no quest item light. Nothing at all. Unless you have to climb to the top of fridge and stand at the opening of that large chasm to find the last piece of pizza this mission is broken for me.

Now... i can't remember the other mission i was thinking of yesterday... BUT while playing last night...

I decided to go complete the Bandit Treasure Map mission that started in Sawtooth. Jump over to the caustic caverns and run through beating up on level 26-28 things all over the place. Get all the way through (even found a secret BL symbol halfway up the ladder at the end of the circle that makes up the level) exposed the treasure chest and killed all the cannon fodder in the area. I go to open the chest aaaaaand....... i can't. It doesn't highlight like a chest object in the game. No square pops up on the screen. I can shoot it. It's physically there in the game world (lifts up from an underground holding elevator thing) but it will not open for me. Waited almost 10 minutes hoping it would glitch back in .. ran all over the level. Will try going back tonight after having my PS3 turned completely off and having to restart the level but.... godamnit.

So.. that makes 3 fucking missions I can't complete. They need to be working for my 2nd playthrough or i'm gonna rage. I even went online to make sure i wasn't missing out on some incredible loot. This game is lucky it rocks.

p.s. Zer0 is a death machine. I'm one point away from unlocking Many Must Die and since i'm currently hitting one shotting almost everything I fight with Decepti0n i'm pretty sure it's snake eyes level ninja shit right around the corner. How you could not like this character i don't know. BUT ... i can definitely see him being the hardest class to play (just like Mordecai in the first game... only with a skill that isn't completely and UTTERLY useless. fuckin bloodwing.

As for the first mission you're talking about, I thought it was bugged for me too. I couldn't figure out what to do, but when I went back to the
area where the pizza boxes were, the lights were on them. The last one was on a ledge above that area.

Hope that helps. You might want to explore a bit and then go back. Stupid, yes, but it works.

one85x

For Cold Shoulder, if you stand next to the chest on the road above the objective marker and look straight down, you should see the last pizza slice. If you still don't see it, then I guess the quest must really be bugged for you. Which sucks because that quest actually opens up another part of the level.

That chest didn't open up for me either. I just assumed it was a placeholder and the quest reward was the actual treasure.

I read a lot of posts of people saying that Zer0 is weak or they are getting their ass kicked and have to respec.

I'm level 26 and doing missions 2 levels higher than I am, I have no problems at all. I do sniper build and primarily use sniper and shotty, don't really get all the complaints either. Sure it'd be nice if Deception lasted a little longer but that's about my only complaint.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm level 42 but I should really try htiting 50 lol. Instead I decided to try my luck at getting another legendary and got this.

xgg0j.jpg

Woo-Fu

Banned
Just hit 47, what I'm finding as zer0 is that while I prefer to play closer in with shottie/smg/melee I just don't have the shields or HP to survive. 1 hit takes out all of my shield, next hit takes 70% of my HP, next hit drops me. What I've been doing is getting in close, finding hard cover and leaning out on either side of it to unload. Use deception whenever it available to unload pointblank with shotgun, trying to line them up for bore damage.

Sniper damage seems to be falling off, maybe I just need some new rifles. I take out both arms on a badass loader and he still has >50% HP, sigh.

abundant

I'm having trouble with finding a non-sniper weapon that I like, smgs/pistols/assault rifles just seem to do little damage even with a critical hit and you'll end up wasting a mag for a single enemy and shotguns require close-range and you'll end up reloading constantly.

Maya doesn't start to shine until about lvl 20. The Cataclysm tree is Godly against anything without armor or shields by this time. Focus on Flicker, Helios, Chain Reaction, Reaper, and Ruin and any Class Mods that buff those skills.

Also focus on elemental guns. Always keep a shock weapon on hand to pop shields, then Phaselock. Also have a corrosive weapon too for the Loaders.

Wunder

God damn I missed the Siren discussion. Sorry to bring it back around but I thought I'd throw my thoughts in the bucket as well. To those people that thought a tier 1 skill would give you literally +30% elemental chance on all elements clearly didn't think it through. 30% (multiplicatively? I don't know the proper usages) is still pretty decent but to think that you'd get a t1 talent that bumped your SMG from a 10% chance to ignite to a 40% chance is wack.

Motion probably becomes incredible once you get the chain reaction ability that phase locks another enemy when you've killed one in phase lock.

I think you mean Sub-Sequence and though I haven't had experience with it I've read on here and on reddit that there's a slight delay on each phaselock switch so it unfortunately isn't as good as it sounds. :(

This is my build at 50, though I'm only around 28 so it could change. I think Blight Phoenix is pretty decent though the damage could be a bit better but with Ruin, Cloud Kill, Blight Phoenix and Helios you're basically dealing a ton of Fire and Corrosive damage anywhere between you and your phaselock, plus some shock and slag to boot. Tried to make my Phaselock a bit better to make Chain Reaction a bit more useful but we'll see how that turns out once I actually get to that point. I dislike the Cata tree because it is pretty cookie cutter and the skills like Helios and Blight Phoenix don't give you enough information on how much damage you'll be doing or whether it scales, and if it does is it based off your weapon, level or what?

Anyway sorry to bring the topic back up, but I love discussing builds!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I haven't played Zer0 personally yet but I would say that having three skill trees but only one that is decent, and that one being a playstyle most people don't want to use in a game like this, sucks.

Has anyone seen Moxxi's Good Touch?

lol

I was wondering what she was talking about when she said I'd understand why it's her favorite when I used it; No rumble on a keyboard and mouse.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
For Cold Shoulder, if you stand next to the chest on the road above the objective marker and look straight down, you should see the last pizza slice. If you still don't see it, then I guess the quest must really be bugged for you. Which sucks because that quest actually opens up another part of the level.

That chest didn't open up for me either. I just assumed it was a placeholder and the quest reward was the actual treasure.

So i've basically done exactly this. Just went on youtube to a guide for this quest specifically and I now know exactly where you guys are talking about but i'm like 90% positive that i've grabbed that one already. Seeing as i've been stuck on it for days now I've looked all over and the slices themselves with the beacon of light sticking out of them aren't HARD to find... ya know? Basically if i get home from work tonight and it's sitting right there in front of my face i'm actually gonna be pissed.

But still. I'll find the other two and post them later as well.. see if i'm just chronically deaf/dumb/blind or if i'm actually playing the most bugged out copy of bl2 ever. At least one other person has had the treasure chest bug like me. Was about to start in on some serious Jack is a dull boy The Shinning crazy shit.

God damn I missed the Siren discussion. Sorry to bring it back around but I thought I'd throw my thoughts in the bucket as well. To those people that thought a tier 1 skill would give you literally +30% elemental chance on all elements clearly didn't think it through. 30% (multiplicatively? I don't know the proper usages) is still pretty decent but to think that you'd get a t1 talent that bumped your SMG from a 10% chance to ignite to a 40% chance is wack.

I think you mean Sub-Sequence and though I haven't had experience with it I've read on here and on reddit that there's a slight delay on each phaselock switch so it unfortunately isn't as good as it sounds. :(

This is my build at 50, though I'm only around 28 so it could change. I think Blight Phoenix is pretty decent though the damage could be a bit better but with Ruin, Cloud Kill, Blight Phoenix and Helios you're basically dealing a ton of Fire and Corrosive damage anywhere between you and your phaselock, plus some shock and slag to boot. Tried to make my Phaselock a bit better to make Chain Reaction a bit more useful but we'll see how that turns out once I actually get to that point. I dislike the Cata tree because it is pretty cookie cutter and the skills like Helios and Blight Phoenix don't give you enough information on how much damage you'll be doing or whether it scales, and if it does is it based off your weapon, level or what?

Anyway sorry to bring the topic back up, but I love discussing builds!

And I love reading it! That setup looks amazing. BACK TO THE RESPEC MACHINE!

get an elemental smg. i have no probs gunning things down. reloading a lot sucks....but w/ corrosive or fire, they just keep burning.

lv 17 currently i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom