• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Banned
imf3CiT0xTAR3.gif

No she is.

I love Ashley from HAWP.

So no disrespect to her. (she voices Tiny Tina)

But Tiny Tina is fucking annoying, her jokes are not funny. It's literally 13 year old material. (as she is a 13 year old) Hurrrrr Badonkadonk ......

The problem is the material Ashley was given to work with.

I wonder how many of you who like Tiny Tina are over the age of 18, seriously. Worst character in a video game in a long time.

And I love BL2, the humor is fucking great. But Tiny Tina is horrible, sorry.

Xevren

How does the game handle if you join a player who is further in the main story than you? Does it default to the lowest person?

It follows whoever the host is. If someone joins that is not far along in the quest, when they do catch up on their own they get an option to skip the quests they did with the host or play them again.

koryuken

No she is.

I love Ashley from HAWP.

But Tiny Tina is fucking annoying, her jokes are not funny. It's literally 13 year old material. Hurrrrr Badonkadonk ......

I wonder how many of you who like Tiny Tina are over the age of 18, seriously. Worst character in a video game in a long time.

She is like a 100% ripoff of McLovin from Superbad.

zlatko

Banned
I'll be honest, I'd recommend re-starting unless you are planning on being an actual assassin and focusing mostly on using his special and then meleeing. He is not very good if you intend to mostly use guns though. The Gunzerker is probably a better option if you want to go that route.

I am level 21 now so I'm just going to continue with him but I find him fairly frustrating in comparison to Mordecai who was an absolute blast.

I'm going the Sniper critical tree route(farthest left tree).

Restarting already seems meh to me. I found him fairly similar to Mordaci or whatever it was from Blands 1. I like head rocking shit with a sniper gat, and swapping to scoped pistols otherwise.

The only other class I'm remotely interested in is Maya, but I think Zero looks super bad ass so I'll just probably keep sticking with that.

Riggs

Banned
She is like a 100% ripoff of McLovin from Superbad.

Ehhh how do you figure? I actually liked McLovin. Even though he was basically a retard, he had some game at the end. Plus the scene w/ the cops was great.

I just hate Tina Tina's constant stupid banter about fine ass, and how she breaks into this fake ghetto way of talking. Simply annoying as fuck. Everything else in the game is great and funny so I am not trying to hate on the game.

Wunder

Would this be a good Siren build for DPS?
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/siren.php?352001000050030000000505415501

Is Flicker still worth taking since it is multiplicative and only adds a small percent?

Does Chain Reaction work with E-tech weapon "bullets"?

Is Backdraft a waste? The melee part isn't that helpful, but the fire nova I can see being useful.

I'd recommend against Flicker if you're planning on using high rof weapons like SMGs or a spinigun AR, since you can spend that extra 4-7% you get off 5/5 flicker in better things. Not sure about Chain Reaction with E-Tech but I haven't had great experiences with E-Tech weapons, although I've only found the pistols, which seem to be only Needlers.

I think Backdraft is a total wash, the melee is silly and although I'm not sure about the damage on the Fire nova, you most likely a) don't want shields to be down for an ability to take effect, especially one that you put 5 points into, and b) Blight Phoenix can provide that same ability but at a constant rate.

Gartooth

Fellow Assassin players, what is the consensus on which is more viable, full Bloodshed with partial Cunning, or full Cunning with partial Bloodshed? (I'm having a lot of fun with my current Bloodshed build right now, but I'm worried that I will get eaten alive at higher levels)

Currently I've gone down Bloodshed and am making my way through Cunning (current level is 38), and I also have a class mod which gives me +3 Backstab and +4 Resurgence.

1. Current Bloodshed Tree

2. Alternate Cunning Tree

Coconut

Banned
No she is.

I love Ashley from HAWP.

But Tiny Tina is fucking annoying, her jokes are not funny. It's literally 13 year old material. (as she is a 13 year old) Hurrrrr Badonkadonk ......

I'm 27 and wouldn't call it the worst thing ever, it's definitely not laugh out loud stuff. The delivery of the lines is pretty good, changing inflections and tones like that is pretty tough.

Riggs

Banned
I'm 27 and wouldn't call it the worst thing ever, it's definitely not laugh out loud stuff. The delivery of the lines is pretty good, changing inflections and tones like that is pretty tough.

Ash did a great job with that. I just think her base material was complete shit. I would love to see her do voices in more games, she is a gamer and I think it's cool that she got to do this. Just sad that the shit they have her saying isn't funny. Totally subjective here obviously but it's just my opinion.

oktarb

Ehhh how do you figure? I actually liked McLovin. Even though he was basically a retard, he had some game at the end. Plus the scene w/ the cops was great.

I just hate Tina Tina's constant stupid banter about fine ass, and how she breaks into this fake ghetto way of talking. Simply annoying as fuck. Everything else in the game is great and funny so I am not trying to hate on the game.

I have to agree. For the first 15 seconds I was thinking "OMG this is going to be great! I bet she'll be HIGH-LAIR_EE-US." but then it just went down hill. They missed the mark. Considering they knock it out of the park on everything else all is more than forgiven.

Riggs

Banned
i had to google hawp lol

Ya it's pretty funny : )

I thought Tiny Tina was absolutely hilarious, I wish she had more missions.

Maybe I am just in a bad mood ...

Possible Sons of Anarchy spoiler below, fair warning!

Just watched the new Sons of Anarchy episode and
something fucking horrible happened to one of my favorite characters!

Weird that you think that her base material was weak since in my opinion it sounded a lot like her HAWP persona, but maybe I'm just misremembering, but I thought she did a lot of those voices too.

Agreed but for some reason I like HAWP. Maybe it's the fact that I find her cute in real life and Tiny Tina looks like some kind of abortion gone wrong? Hell if I know lol.

Wunder

Ash did a great job with that. I just think her base material was complete shit. I would love to see her do voices in more games, she is a gamer and I think it's cool that she got to do this. Just sad that the shit they have her saying isn't funny. Totally subjective here obviously but it's just my opinion.

Weird that you think that her base material was weak since in my opinion it sounded a lot like her HAWP persona, but maybe I'm just misremembering, but I thought she did a lot of those voices too.

EDIT: Also, though I mention this any time Tiny Tina comes up, Anthony Burch mentioned that he thought she would be extremely divisive and I think it's cool that he had such foresight since a lot of her personality seems hit and miss for people.

anyone have suggestions on the commando skill tree? which way did you guys go? I think im going to focus on the left side and get those rockets but some of the other stuff on that side does not excite me to get to bottom which is the other thing i want for my turret

Riggs

Banned
anyone have suggestions on the commando skill tree? which way did you guys go? I think im going to focus on the left side and get those rockets but some of the other stuff on that side does not excite me to get to bottom which is the other thing i want for my turret

I went 100% Commando. But then I respec'd and put 5 points into guerrilla tree's reload ability. Definitely do that, fast reload is a must!

robot

I'm mostly left side, and just got the rockets. They kick a serious amount of ass. I'll probably keep focusing on the left and reset the skill tree if I don't like the outcome. I also have some health regen from the right. Nothing in the center.

Fellow Assassin players, what is the consensus on which is more viable, full Bloodshed with partial Cunning, or full Cunning with partial Bloodshed? (I'm having a lot of fun with my current Bloodshed build right now, but I'm worried that I will get eaten alive at higher levels)

Currently I've gone down Bloodshed and am making my way through Cunning (current level is 38), and I also have a class mod which gives me +3 Backstab and +4 Resurgence.

1. Current Bloodshed Tree

2. Alternate Cunning Tree

The bloodshed build is good but I'd switch your points in tier three cunning to the decoy explosion because it synergizes really well with many must fall.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm nearly 28, and she's one of my favorite characters in the game. Some of her jokes seem based in an appropriation of ebonics and black culture, and that makes me cringe, for sure. But I like a lot of her other jokes, and generally appreciate her glee, her rage, and the way those two expressions mesh.

Gartooth

The bloodshed build is good but I'd switch your points in tier three cunning to the decoy explosion because it synergizes really well with many must fall.

I never even noticed that before, but it sounds good! Every time I redeploy I get another decoy explosion which should help in whittling down health on enemies that are too strong to execute/backstab.

Riggs

Banned
I'm nearly 28, and she's one of my favorite characters in the game. Some of her jokes seem based in an appropriation of ebonics and black culture, and that makes me cringe, for sure. But I like a lot of her other jokes, and generally appreciate her glee, her rage, and the way those two expressions mesh.

Fair enough : )

Different strokes I guess.

equil

I hate trying to turn in her quest and she won't stop running around the table.

Davedough

I really dislike that if I'm running and I activate Decepti0n, Zer0 stops running and I have to activate run again. That takes away time from my sneaky slaughter.

Psy-Phi

32...loved Tiny Tina. Most ridiculously hilarious character in the game I've met so far, dialogue-wise. Handsome Jack close 2nd. is it stupid, toilet-type humor funny? Yes, but it's still funny.

erragal

Tiny Tina is an excellent character. Childish exuberance mixed with the unflinching absurdist bloodlust that permeates Borderlands. The way she talks makes perfect sense for a 13 yo girl trying to be tough and full of bluster. Easily the most interesting new character in the game.

Xevren

I like Tiny Tina, in fact I don't hate any of the characters. Only thing I hate is anything that flies...or teleports.

I'm nearing the end of my 2nd playthrough, and the quest out in the highlands always makes me laugh. Only because of the echo involving the guy going crazy about getting a good mother's day gift. YOU HEAR ME?!? MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Davedough

After the mission in Wildlife Reserve where
Bloodwing died
. I literally laughed out loud from Handsome Jack for the first time in the game. Normally, I chuckle, but this one got a true laugh from me. Where he
came on and said "Now right here I was going to grab my violin and play a song to commemorate your loss, but... damn.. where the hell is it?..." and goes on yelling at people who have ruined his bit.

abundant

Another tip for anyone thinking of using a Harmony Maya, skip Elated and Sustenance because even when fully leveled, their health regen is pitiful. I've found Class Mods that give you 3x as much health regen for the entire team. Sweet Release and Restoration are also useless when you get about lvl 20 because by then your health will go down so fast they won't matter.

I liked Tiny Tina initially but if you do her two quests, you really do hear too much of her. It's so scattershot in the hope that something will stick. Just poor writing, but I love the performance. So I liked her, but then she annoyed me, and then I found Echos of what happened to her and her family, and I liked her again.

george_us

This game manages to be a lot of fun in spite of itself. The missions range from average to terrible, the overworld isn't the least bit interesting, the fast travel system sucks, the characters are mostly annoying, and the jokes are mostly unfunny. But I'll be damned if shooting shit and getting loot isn't fun. The amount of variety in weapons is pretty damn staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom