• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikor

The reason why I asked is I got to the magic 10k number I thought I'd read about and only got an achievement. Felt cheated.

Yeah, I got said SMG well after receiving the 10k achievement. I should have been more specific - the $10k+ I gave in tips in a single session was AFTER recieving the 10k cheevo. Over the course of my game, I've probably tipped Moxxi about 20-30k.

I finally got around to doing the
Minecraft hidden secret level. Ended up getting the head for a character I'm not playing, so I'll need to go again, but I came away with an awesome shotgun that has red text: Also Play Minecraft. It shoots about 20 bullets at once but only consumes one bullet in the shape of a block. If they miss, they start bouncing off walls, ground, terrain etc. Really awesome. It's called the Sunny Blockhead. I'm level 30, so when I went to Caustic Caverns to do it, all the enemies scaled to me, as did the loot. Very happy since almost every enemy in there is a bug and they die in one shot to this gun.

This games playable characters just aren't clicking with me. I like everything else about the game but I'm just growing bored with the characters. The farthest I've gotten is with Zer0 and I got close to the end of the game before getting tired of playing as him, deleting him, and starting over. Same thing happens with each one. I'm currently playing as Maya but I feel the boredom with her growing.

Gaige seems pretty interesting and I have a feeling that'll be the character I get hooked on. The others either feel the same as their counterparts from the first game or just not "fun" enough to hold my interest for very long. I feel like for some of them it takes way too long before their skill gets interesting enough. I've been going back and forth between this game and Torchlight II and something I've noticed with the latter is how quickly you're able to get skills that make the combat interesting and fun to do. Zer0, for example, didn't start getting interesting until in his early 30's.

I know the guns are the big draw to the game but I feel like the specific skills that the character's have are equally important and a major part of the game. Having to deal with long cool downs and limited use (before they're upgraded) for so long is really frustrating. None of this really bothered me in the first game because it was a new experience and I hadn't played a loot game in so long so maybe I'm just spoiled by Torchlight II at the moment.

Avinexus

I've noticed that elements play a much bigger role against you in this game. In the first one, I'd be like "oh, I'm on fire. That sucks"... this one, the damages are actually real and you can end up dying pretty fast because of it. I love it.

The reason why I asked is I got to the magic 10k number I thought I'd read about and only got an achievement. Felt cheated.

Nobody can really seem to pinpoint how much money it actually takes to get the guns. 10k will get you the achievement for sure, but after that its anyones guess on when you get the guns. Saw a thread on Reddit saying you can just keep giving her $100's instead of $1000 and get the guns at around $2k tipped.

Ok, I tipped Moxxi 10K, got achievement and nothing else. I left, did a mission and came back, started tipping again and at about 4K (so 14K total) she gave me this beast:

DbhBW.jpg

The hidden talent says "Damage from DoT adds ammo"

Not sure what DoT is.

Izayoi

Banned
Switched from Gunzerker to Commando. I'm doing a lot better now. It was just really weird sniping everything as a Gunzerker since that is by far the best way to clear enemies out.
Sniping is the easiest way to play the game for almost all encounters, for any class. It's unfortunate but generally the AI is very inaccurate at distance and are slow to close on you, giving you plenty of time to pick them off. It's not much different from the first game in that regard.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got around to doing the
Minecraft hidden secret level. Ended up getting the head for a character I'm not playing, so I'll need to go again, but I came away with an awesome shotgun that has red text: Also Play Minecraft. It shoots about 20 bullets at once but only consumes one bullet in the shape of a block. If they miss, they start bouncing off walls, ground, terrain etc. Really awesome. It's called the Sunny Blockhead. I'm level 30, so when I went to Caustic Caverns to do it, all the enemies scaled to me, as did the loot. Very happy since almost every enemy in there is a bug and they die in one shot to this gun.

Dammit, there's a shotgun as well? I thought there was just the sniper rifle.

Back to farming that spot when I get home, I guess.

Fuck Threshers. That is all.

I find stalkers to be much more annoying.

Where did you find this out?

Probably here.

Ok, I tipped Moxxi 10K, got achievement and nothing else. I left, did a mission and came back, started tipping again and at about 4K (so 14K total) she gave me this beast:

DbhBW.jpg

Not sure what DoT is.

Much better than the one I got. Mine's level 17 or 18, I think. I guess it scales to your level?

Izayoi

Banned
Also yes, fuck Threshers. Probably the most difficult enemy in the game, especially in groups. ^ Stalkers too, I find myself just running past as best I can if I don't have a quest to kill them. Threshers make even that difficult at times, unfortunately.

Davedough

DbhBW.jpg

Not sure what DoT is.

Wow. I know what I'm doing when I get home from work.

I like to go on record that 27 backpack spaces and 10 bank slots are not a good way to go.

I still fill out quickly and, aside from some common [white] and uncommon [green] weapons, have no idea what to get rid of.

I haven't had too much backpack problems. I'm usually only leaving behind one or two weapons a mission if that, and am at most carrying 3 or 4 back-up weapons to the ones I have equipped. I'm not sure why more slots are needed? Granted I'm only level 17 right now, but...?

Also, I've tipped Moxxi nearly 20k and still no gun yet. Sad face.

Xevren

Also yes, fuck Threshers. Probably the most difficult enemy in the game, especially in groups. ^ Stalkers too, I find myself just running past as best I can if I don't have a quest to kill them. Threshers make even that difficult at times, unfortunately.

I just hate the asshats that suck you in. Fuck those guys.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS.

The fight to kill
Angel
is pretty bad. I'm doing it for the second time now, and I really can't believe how... boring it is. I'm waiting for these pump shields to go down. In the mean time, I'm just kind of running in circles, occasionally taking out some normal enemies that get tossed at me. That's all I've been doing for like eight minutes. Running in circles, shooting dudes, wondering when the hell the next pump is going to lose its shield. And it's not even the fun, frantic type of running in circles / killing dudes. It's just tedious. Sometimes enemies don't spawn for a full 30 seconds. I usually mistake the lull for a cue that something significant is about to happen. But nope, the game eventually just poops out a few more standard enemies, and I start shooting and running in circles again.

Mangotron

DbhBW.jpg

Not sure what DoT is.

Tip her some more, she'll give you the Good Touch at (I think) 20k which is a fire smg.

Kaldea

Just did the Wildlife Preserve story quest.
So fucking depressed. :( My fiance and I were both especially attached to Bloodwing since we have a pet cockatiel and we nicknamed him Bloodwing. I'm weak so tears were shed. On the other hand, it really actually made me hate Jack, so mission accomplished with that. :U

One of the later bosses can bug out. It has no life but just sits there shaking (obviously it's supposed to explode) and nothing happens. My brother just spent two hours trying to beat the fucker. I've seen people saying they've tried to beat it 5 times! In case you want to know which boss this is it's
BNK3R

Palmer_v1

No.damn it

If you liked the quest enough to comment on it, you'd probably enjoy the bonus portion of it too. I'll spoil what to do.

In the next room as you're leaving the area, there are a couple switches that affect a row of 5 or 6 lights. If you get them all green, the bonus enemy spawns. Further spoilers on who it is follow.

It's splinter himself

Gotchaye

MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS.

The fight to kill
Angel
is pretty bad. I'm doing it for the second time now, and I really can't believe how... boring it is. I'm waiting for these pump shields to go down. In the mean time, I'm just kind of running in circles, occasionally taking out some normal enemies that get tossed at me. That's all I've been doing for like eight minutes. Running in circles, shooting dudes, wondering when the hell the next pump is going to lose its shield. And it's not even the fun, frantic type of running in circles / killing dudes. It's just tedious. Sometimes enemies don't spawn for a full 30 seconds. I usually mistake the lull for a cue that something significant is about to happen. But nope, the game eventually just poops out a few more standard enemies, and I start shooting and running in circles again.

I agree about the early bits, but I thought it was fun to fight alongside Roland and Lilith for a bit. Lilith in particular is shown to better effect than in the earlier fight in her cave.

redhot_

Just finished Sawtooth area in new game+ and damn the difficulty spike was so annoying. Probably the first time in this game where i just felt like putting the controller down.

I entered the area at 49 to.

nel e nel

Ash did a great job with that. I just think her base material was complete shit. I would love to see her do voices in more games, she is a gamer and I think it's cool that she got to do this. Just sad that the shit they have her saying isn't funny. Totally subjective here obviously but it's just my opinion.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think the lines were all that great, but the delivery was pitch perfect. I just came away thinking it was some square chick trying to be cool by talking more hip hop.

"White chicks and gang signs, g-g-g-gang signs"

Hey Borderlanders I just beat the 1st Borderlands, what a fun addicting ass kicking ride that was!!!! Should I play the all of the DLC ( How many Hours?) content or jump right in to 2?

So I tipped Moxxi about another 20K trying to get another version of the Bad Touch (that isn't 10 levels below me) and so far nothing

Going to run out of money here soon

Xevren

Hey Borderlanders I just beat the 1st Borderlands, what a fun addicting ass kicking ride that was!!!! Should I play the all of the DLC ( How many Hours?) content or jump right in to 2?

The dlc is great (just not the moxxi one) and can be of a nice length too, but not required if you want to jump into 2.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Threshers are annoying, especially wormhole ones. Even though my Phase doesn't pick them up it luckily nearly instant kills most of them.

Coconut

Banned

DbhBW.jpg

Not sure what DoT is.

Do 15000 again and you'll get another SMG.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
One of the later bosses can bug out. It has no life but just sits there shaking (obviously it's supposed to explode) and nothing happens. My brother just spent two hours trying to beat the fucker. I've seen people saying they've tried to beat it 5 times! In case you want to know which boss this is it's
BNK3R
Same thing happened to me, but I quit and reloaded my save soon after it became clear it wasn't going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom