• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Tiny Tina, in fact I don't hate any of the characters. Only thing I hate is anything that flies...or teleports.

I'm nearing the end of my 2nd playthrough, and the quest out in the highlands always makes me laugh. Only because of the echo involving the guy going crazy about getting a good mother's day gift. YOU HEAR ME?!? MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I thought the Psycho-killing challenge path being called "Mama's Boys" was particularly clever.

This game manages to be a lot of fun in spite of itself. The missions range from average to terrible, the overworld isn't the least bit interesting, the fast travel system sucks, the characters are mostly annoying, and the jokes are mostly unfunny. But I'll be damned if shooting shit and getting loot isn't fun. The amount of variety in weapons is pretty damn staggering.

I disagree with all of that except the shooting. It is great. The writing ranges from great to terrible, the fast travel system is fine, the overworld is great, the missions range from awful(timed delivery) to awesome. My biggest complaint is level design. They're either inept at designing levels, or they purposely design levels that force you to go all the way back through them to get out. I'm spoiled by games like Skyrim that create dungeons in such a way that once you reach the goal, the dungeon empties you right back out at the beginning.

Ocho

So somehow I have 700k of money. One of my friends cheated and got all the money, and I'm unsure if somehow during one of our weapon transactions he gave me that amount of money or if I legitimately got it through selling a bunch of weapons. In your experience, how much money should a lvl 28 guy have? I don't like using cheats in games and feel having this amount unwillingly kind of is.

Razek

Banned
After the mission in Wildlife Reserve where
Bloodwing died
. I literally laughed out loud from Handsome Jack for the first time in the game. Normally, I chuckle, but this one got a true laugh from me. Where he
came on and said "Now right here I was going to grab my violin and play a song to commemorate your loss, but... damn.. where the hell is it?..." and goes on yelling at people who have ruined his bit.

I've only seen a few story bits passed that mission, but yeah, that was the best part of his for me too.

Davedough

So somehow I have 700k of money. One of my friends cheated and got all the money, and I'm unsure if somehow during one of our weapon transactions he gave me that amount of money or if I legitimately got it through selling a bunch of weapons. In your experience, how much money would a lvl 28 guy have? I don't like using cheats in games and feel having this amount unwillingly kind of is.

My character is only level 21 and the most I've had is 30k... then again, I gamble away everything I have.

I decided to open my game up to everyone to see how it goes. I won't do it again. I'm level 30 and near the end of the campaign. The first guy to join was a level 34 Gunzerker and he died repeatedly over and over to content that I wasn't having an issue with. Then he'd run on ahead constantly ignoring all the boxes and money/loot on the ground. The next two guys did the same. I just dont play games that way. If there's a box in the world, I'm finding it and I'm opening it.

Xevren

So somehow I have 700k of money. One of my friends cheated and got all the money, and I'm unsure if somehow during one of our weapon transactions he gave me that amount of money or if I legitimately got it through selling a bunch of weapons. In your experience, how much money should a lvl 28 guy have? I don't like using cheats in games and feel having this amount unwillingly kind of is.

Think I was around 70k or so? Something like that around then.

I disagree with all of that except the shooting. It is great. The writing ranges from great to terrible, the fast travel system is fine, the overworld is great, the missions range from awful(timed delivery) to awesome. My biggest complaint is level design. They're either inept at designing levels, or they purposely design levels that force you to go all the way back through them to get out. I'm spoiled by games like Skyrim that create dungeons in such a way that once you reach the goal, the dungeon empties you right back out at the beginning.

I thought skyrim was contrived as shit when all of the dungeons looped back on themselves. They just need more fast travel points, or a back to town scroll ish thing. I would pay for a town scroll dlc.

Has anyone started muling characters? If you have a friend you can just dump all your shit intown and start a new person and join the friends game while all of your shit is still there. The stuff you really need can be transferred via claptraps secret stash.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I haven't played Zer0 personally yet but I would say that having three skill trees but only one that is decent, and that one being a playstyle most people don't want to use in a game like this, sucks.

If you had played Zer0 you would know that that isn't true.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Funniest moment for me so far (lvl 22) was
testing the shield in Overlook
IMO
Overlook
is one of my favourite bits of writing and story thus far.

Attention residents of [Overlook]: Your welcome.
Hyperion corporation would like to remind you, it could be worse!

Insaniac

I'm kinda bored of the Commando class, not specifically because its a bad class, but the turret AI is kinda pissing me off, I hate tossing it out, only to watch it waste its duration firing at enemies behind cover or trying to shoot enemies through the goddamn floor when it could be shooting higher priority targets. It makes me very frugal as to when I toss out my sentry which makes it less entertaining, whereas with my siren I don't have to pick and choose what I phaselock so much.

Not to mention the ever growing annoyance of:

Toss out Turret
take cover in shield
hit X to reload
Instead, reclaim turret.

Could you make it HOLD X to reclaim sheesh

Xevren

IMO
Overlook

I can agree with this. Always laughed when I was there.

I'm mostly left side, and just got the rockets. They kick a serious amount of ass. I'll probably keep focusing on the left and reset the skill tree if I don't like the outcome. I also have some health regen from the right. Nothing in the center.

thats like me, im only level 14 or so but everything left so far and just one on the right for the health gen, got to have at least 1 in that, ill add once i get rockets

So Many Bullets

Neo Member
Just throwing my hat in the Tiny Tina ring. I'm 33/m and I think she is awesome. I find her funny. She's like a quirky little aspie kid with a dark sense of humor. If anything I find Handsome Jack a little grating, but I don't dislike any of the characters I've encountered so far.

Davedough

Its the little nuances that crack me up about Jack.

He'll get on your Echo device and he's obviously chewing. While he's talking, I cant help but think he's up there in the Hyperion base eating lunch and all of the sudden gets a wild urge to fuck with the vault hunter on a whim.

Or when he cracks himself up telling a story about doing something horrible, but to him its like retelling this hilarious experience he had.

I like to go on record that 27 backpack spaces and 10 bank slots are not a good way to go.

I still fill out quickly and, aside from some common [white] and uncommon [green] weapons, have no idea what to get rid of.

I like to go on record that 27 backpack spaces and 10 bank slots are not a good way to go.

I still fill out quickly and, aside from some common [white] and uncommon [green] weapons, have no idea what to get rid of.

They should allow you to mark the weapons as you pick them up, it's a pain in the ass to pick something up, then go into your menu to mark it with an X.

Does filling Moxxi's tip jar only give you an achievement or is there some other benefit to it?

I gave her 10K and just got achievement, nothign else. Some people on here gave 20K and got something. I'm going to try to give her more when I get back there.

He'll get on your Echo device and he's obviously chewing. While he's talking, I cant help but think he's up there in the Hyperion base eating lunch and all of the sudden gets a wild urge to fuck with the vault hunter on a whim.

Or when he cracks himself up telling a story about doing something horrible, but to him its like retelling this hilarious experience he had.

Yeah, it's all in the fantastic performance.

That said, Scooter is my favorite of the game so far.

The thing about Jack that gets me is the whole game he antagonizes you and the guy is clearly one of biggest assholes ever, but the guy thinks he really is the hero. He seem to understand hes done some bad things, but he clearly doesn't think they are so bad and feels that what he does will lead to good. The guy is clearly fucked in the head.

They should allow you to mark the weapons as you pick them up, it's a pain in the ass to pick something up, then go into your menu to mark it with an X.

This x1,000 Please implement this! They took the time to add the whole trash item option but made it nearly worthless without the ability to pick items up as marked trash. Let us map it to Q it would be perfect.

Megasoum

Banned
IMO
Overlook

Another line I loved was in
Opportunity
where the Hyperion loud speaker would say
"Remember, there's no 'Help me, I have internal bleeding' in Team!"
hahaha

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
While she is no Lilith, the Cataclysm tree wrecks everyone except those with shields and armor by lvl 20 and by lvl 31 you get Ruin which will destroy everyone. Ruin, Helios, Cloud Kill, and Coverage is real brutal. Not as brutal as Phaswalk, but still brutal.

Exactly. Free slag and shock means putting like two rounds of a corrosive or fire weapon into them is enough to kill them (if Ruin doesnt just finish them wholesale). Also the slag/shock makes badasses stupid easy. And it tracks, so flying enemies cant get away.

Avinexus

For the characters I have to say Claptrap, Tiny Tina, and Handsome Jack were all equally top tier humor in this game. Handsome Jack had some of the best lines in the game, a lot of his lines are pure gold imo.

Davedough

I've noticed that elements play a much bigger role against you in this game. In the first one, I'd be like "oh, I'm on fire. That sucks"... this one, the damages are actually real and you can end up dying pretty fast because of it. I love it.

I got a Purple SMG from her after spamming $100 tips for a few minutes. Maybe accrued 10-15k worth of tips in the end?

The reason why I asked is I got to the magic 10k number I thought I'd read about and only got an achievement. Felt cheated.

Dizzy-4U

vsync should almost always be disabled on modern games. if for no other reason than that it limits the overall framerate, regardless of what GPU setup you have.
I guess so but I hate screen tearing more than framerate drops. But anyways, since you can limit the framerate in BL2, it's probably a good idea to disable vsync. I'll check it out tonight to see if I get a performance boost.

Marvie_3

Banned

I usually keep 1 of each kind of weapon(SMG, sniper, etc). Only duplicate type I have is a 2nd pistol for corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom