• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Exactly. Free slag and shock means putting like two rounds of a corrosive or fire weapon into them is enough to kill them (if Ruin doesnt just finish them wholesale). Also the slag/shock makes badasses stupid easy. And it tracks, so flying enemies cant get away.

Finally reached lvl 31 and Ruin is just as good as I had hoped. Everyone but Loaders go down with just the Phaselock and thanks to the slag, Loaders go down real fast too. Maya is still a glass cannon, but Ruin destroys everyone.

Xevren

She has two guns, tip more and she'll give you the good touch. Her favorite gun. If you play with an Xbox 360 pad it will make the pad vibrate at all times supposedly.

Which sucks. I waited to 50 to get it, the gun is quite good but the vibrating is annoying. Gonna have to see if I can turn that off...

rybrad

is the slaughterhouse even beatable? we bugged out for like the 10th time now. no more enemies.
Took my friend and I 3 bugged tries but we got it done. I hate this crap, it has been bugged in every implementation they have done, not sure why they carried this garbage over from the first game.

zulfate

Hey Borderlanders I just beat the 1st Borderlands, what a fun addicting ass kicking ride that was!!!! Should I play the all of the DLC ( How many Hours?) content or jump right in to 2?

Drop everything you are doing including your pants and go buy b2 nao!! Or play borderlands 1 dlc up to you but I URGE YOU TO GO BUY IT NAO!

If you are on pc add me my name is zulfate

Avinexus

Which sucks. I waited to 50 to get it, the gun is quite good but the vibrating is annoying. Gonna have to see if I can turn that off...
I haven't played with vibration turned on in at least seven years. You can turn that stuff off in console settings, not sure about the game settings.

abusori

About the vsync, something a lot of people don't know is that if you cap your framerate at something lower than your screen's refresh rate with an outside program (like dxtory or something) and leave vsync on, it eliminates the input lag and the tearing. I cap it at 59 fps and it works wonders.

If you don't want to use an outside program BL2 has a built-in frame limiter in the options, but I think 50 is the highest you can cap it at so I'd lose 9 fps for example.

Oh now I get the Moxxi favorite gun joke. I've got vibration turned off at the console level, so I never felt the joke. Gotta say, I hate vibration, especially in gun games.

one85x

Don't you get blocked out of some early game side quests if you don't accept them? Wonder if there is a list of those somewhere.
I'm not sure. I know that (end game story)
Lilith's quests are blocked while she's captured, but those become unblocked after you beat the game.

Stackboy

Reposting from the PC performance thread but Borderlands 2 is still crashing on my PC. Updated my .net, updated C++, updated my BIOS. At my wits end. Sounds like others are having the same issue still. Ideas?

Lakitu

st5fu
That battle
while establishing the fast travel link to Sanctuary
was crazy... I got the fuck out of there as soon as I could.

Dartastic

Ok, I tipped Moxxi 10K, got achievement and nothing else. I left, did a mission and came back, started tipping again and at about 4K (so 14K total) she gave me this beast:

DbhBW.jpg

The hidden talent says "Damage from DoT adds ammo"

Not sure what DoT is.
Aw shit. This weapon scales to your level when you tip her, obviously. I shouldn't have tried to get it at level 20. Damnittttttt. I wonder if I can get it again... This weapon has been the best with dealing with loaders.
She has two guns, tip more and she'll give you the good touch. Her favorite gun. If you play with an Xbox 360 pad it will make the pad vibrate at all times supposedly.
Guess I'll wait a little while longer then... I want that bad boy to do DAMAGE.

Megasoum

Banned
Haha just stay where the elevator drops you and unload corroded shots into her. When she's charging her laser just duck down behind the little wall.

Specifically the left side, right part of the wall won't block the shot.

Wow thanks for the trick! It worked flawlessly and only got hit by the beam once because I was stupid and out of cover to deploy my turret lol.

I didn't get Moxxi's Bad Touch and I've tipped that ho like $30g's.

Forever alone.

Also holy shit at that Scooter sidequest where
the girl blows her brains out after hearing his poem

I didn't get Moxxi's Bad Touch and I've tipped that ho like $30g's.

Forever alone.

Also holy shit at that Scooter sidequest where
the girl blows her brains out after hearing his poem

Didn't go off at 30k for me either. I gave her around 40-45 before the wench gave up the goods. For someone that openly admits to loving sex, she sure requires a lot to give up a piece.

Insaniac

So, has anyone dried a Law/Order melee build with Zer0 yet? I'm going to try it when I actually make an assassin character (too absorbed with the Siren right now)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone else beatup on Terra yet?
Borderlands 2 CLEAR:
Defeating the bonus boss in 8 seconds.

Glad I'm done with this until DLC hits. Played way too long and NG+ was a pain with how much unskippable dialogue and audio and cutscenes there are. Also storage is killing me.

Gear:
The Bee
2 Jakobs shotty's with low ammo count
+10% DMG / +50% Reload to Shotguns Relic
+Reload / Magazine Size class mod
Transusion slag grenades

Skills:
Filled to the Brim
Double Your Fun
Last Longer
Quick Draw
All I Need is One
Money Shot
Divergent Likeness

Fun facts:
Guns hit for 3.3 million on the last burst.
OHTHANKGOD.
Yeap. I had the quest for The Bee (Thus Just In) blocked at the end of the game along with about 7 others. Beat it and they all opened up.
Whew. So basically for PT2 I should just skip all side quests I know have rewards I want scaled and do them after I finish the story again (and am level 50).
Basically yes.

I ended up doing this mostly anyway because I had already beaten the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom