• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Alright I hate to be "that guy" but the whole season pass....Does that cover the cost of the DLC packs or are they just discounted....Cause if it's just a discount then wtf.

Insaniac

Alright I hate to be "that guy" but the whole season pass....Does that cover the cost of the DLC packs or are they just discounted....Cause if it's just a discount then wtf.

you get the DLC for whatever the price of the season pass, so overall you save money

Gav47

It covers the cost of 4 DLC packs which will be priced at 10 each. The season pass is 30.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Bah, killed final boss on true vault hunter mode and didn't get an orange. Well, maybe I did and it was trapped under the body where I couldn't see/get to it.

According to the badass system I only came across 4 oranges in both playthroughs.

Moxxi or Mordecai?

Moredecai's sniper for me had a fire elemental chance and was a fairly decent power sniper rifle with a red text description about booze. As one might expect from drinking, when zoomed the sniper fires in three shot bursts very quickly BUT the bullets travel slowly. It fires single shots pretty well at mid-range from the hip and had a 12-shot magazine. It's a good gun.

Considering you can get corrosive pistols off Tiny Tina and another side quest, Moxxi's seems a bit redundant.

Someone came into my game(pc), handed my 20,000,000 credits and then proceeded to crap all sorts of weapons out for over a minute...he then played the slots for an hour earning us around 80 iridium... Not sure what this was all about at all or how the guy was able to amass such resources...

c5b52cab13e5f701bf69de6c7535c611.jpg

zulfate

Someone came into my game(pc), handed my 20,000,000 credits and then proceeded to crap all sorts of weapons out for over a minute...he then played the slots for an hour earning us around 80 iridium... Not sure what this was all about at all or how the guy was able to amass such resources...

i keep hearing about alot of hacking? That reminds me of diablo 2 back in the day people would. Come in and unload..oh the good old days,

PaulLFC

So I go to install the game and DLC today (PC version) and what do I see when I check the deluxe edition DLC code? It's a PS3 code... great. How does that even get messed up?

LQX

Anyone else got the base fibber? Amazing weapon. Cleans up better than my weapons that are 10x that damage. I almost need nothing else to take down everything. Not sure what mission I got it from or if I just picked it up.

2012-09-26_00003.jpg

Teggy

Anyone else got the base fibber? Amazing weapon. Cleans up better than my weapons that are 10x that damage. I almost need nothing else to take down everything. Not sure what mission I got it from or if I just picked it up.

2012-09-26_00003.jpg

You get that from
the robot that wants to be human
. Who knows what the actual stats are.

eek5

You get that from
the robot that wants to be human
. Who knows what the actual stats are.

The one I got on my berserker does like 900 damage per bullet and incinerates.
The one I got for my assassin does 450 damage per bullet and has no elemental effect. FML

Woo-Fu

Banned
And you'd think they would've learned that was a mistake.
Wasn't a mistake for the devs. Kind of silly for players to expect(want) every reward in the campaign to be auto-leveled to max. Why would you expect level 50 rewards for missions in level 34-49 areas?

So I found my pre-order code and I guess I'll sign up to get a second one... are there any other easy sources for one of these things? Sincel I'm already at lvl 26 I feel like I should just wait until I finish to cash them in.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wasn't a mistake for the devs. Kind of silly for players to expect(want) every reward in the campaign to be auto-leveled to max. Why would you expect level 50 rewards for missions in level 34-49 areas?

Not that. It's not knowing about quest rewards scaling if you wait to do them. We should have been warned about accepting/doing sidequests early on will screw you over if you wanted to do the quest at 50 to get the scaled reward or it shouldn't be there in the first place.

How many players would know not to do sidequests well hell not accept them until level 50?I know I wanted to do every sidequest again and did so I could just level up. It was stupid in Borderlands one that I had to read a forum post about what to do and not to do so I wouldn't make the game too easy or be screwed by scaling. It's stupid now that now I'll have to level up another char and heed this advice to get all the level 50 versions of unique quest rewards.

I had this happen in the first borderlands on the 360. Tons of hackers online for that game.

eek5

And you'd think they would've learned that was a mistake.

There are so many sidequests in the game. I feel like they could have just balanced the levels of sidequests better (stagger them out instead of having like 10 level 20 sidequests) to have playthrough 1 just be level 1-45 or 1-50 then have pt2.5 be pt2 where everything is level 45-50.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I assume the sidequest rewards besides the few legendaries/epics you get will be easily replaced in once you're in 2.5/level 50 but man I'm bummed I missed out on some nice level 50 versions of rewards that would've been useful in helping me farm the legendaries or epics that will replace them.

neoism

you get the DLC for whatever the price of the season pass, so overall you save money

yet I'ma go the buy something get something route... I'm hating the season pass shit... its basically give me your monies now get something later ... much later.

sucks I just found out about playthrough 2 I've been doing all the sq this play through... right at opportunity now so I'll stop them for 2.5.... man I wish the level cap was scaled at 60 at launch, am at opportunity at level 38 I'm sure I'll hit 50 with just story missions...does it take alot of exp for the last few levels... it took me 2 dlcs to get to60 in the first game...guess I just run through this one too fast. i started a siren but not sure I can got through the game again and again.... have the same problem with D3

Megasoum

Banned
yet I'ma go the buy something get something route... I'm hating the season pass shit... its basically give me your monies now get something later ... much later.

Instead of "Give me MORE monies later to still get something later... much later"? Yeah.....

Drazgul

As the saves are stored locally with no built-in anti-cheat checks in place, it's really not that hard. Modded weapons are still not doable, but even that's probably a case of when rather than if.

You can already do things like modify your inventory and bank space.

Gorillaz

I got it because 1. nice amount of surplus from my last check and 2. Gearbox pretty much has knocked it out of the pack with BL1 DLC

KAP151

Just finished it.
Lvl 32. Getting to the boss was harder than the boss itself. Turret did most of the work for me. Oh well. So many vaults for the third game!

Overall, fantastic game.

Tiny Tina is so damn annoying.

I actually really like Tiny Tina. I love her voice inflections. Her and Scooter are probably the two best voiced characters so far...well, and Handsome Jack.

Actually there's some pretty great voice acting across the board in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom