• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

I forgot you could sell weapons :\

Was just throwing my junk on the ground...

Though I haven't seen much use for money yet, vendor weapons seem mostly bad.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm so tempted to use a golden key (I'm level 32, and I have 2).

Also, if you're a gunzerker, duel wielding shotguns is so awesome.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Thanks to those that attempted to get codes tonight or any other night. It is a big help for our programmers as we test out the SHiFT infrastructure. The big giveaways will occur on our main portals like GearboxSoftware and the Gearbox Facebook and BL Facebook. We just want to make sure we will be able to support that huge rush. There will be more in those redemptions then the ones that Randy is doing.

Links to follow/like are below.

https://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware
https://www.facebook.com/GearboxSoftware
https://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame

Inskipp

I must be either really fast or really lucky, cause I received the keys from that giveaway.

Feelin' good
UzEIr.gif

Something I still don't get; how do you farm in These game exactly? Other than joining coop games where quests aren't done yet, I can't think of a way to get bosses to reappear

Deitus

I'm not far in the game, but I'm pretty sure the bosses reappear if you go back to where you encountered them the first time. I've seen this with both Boom Bewm and Flynt, so I'd assume it applies to other bosses as well.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Something I still don't get; how do you farm in These game exactly? Other than joining coop games where quests aren't done yet, I can't think of a way to get bosses to reappear

Save and quit. Rinse and repeat until you get the legendary or whatever you're farming.

Grisby

Just finished Where Angels Fear to Tread.

Man, this game has a waaaaayyy better story then the original. Didn't see some of that stuff coming.

Serious spoilers (well serious for Borderlands anyways, lol) yo:
I figured Angel was going to die but not that she was a Siren. And she's Jacks daughter? And Roland gets capped with Lilith kidnapped. Man. I also like how GB is sticking with their live action guns with Lilith's portrait.

HoosTrax

Got my first Legendary drop today :D

Was dropped from the Lynchwood sidequest boss mob

Finally Dukino's Mom dropped it! Was wonder what she would have.

When you shoot rockets, it shoots more rockets out of it... pretty crazy
I got a pretty snazzy rocket launcher myself last night:

The projectile looks like a blue-colored version of the green DOOM BFG projectile.

Coalition-PezRadar

Well...this is a shitty way to do it if you only have enough code to last 30 sec...

Calm down :)

There will be more opportunities in larger quantities. We had a 10k redemption one go out for each platform the other day to test stuff. The ones on the main accounts won't be 1k.. they will be much larger :)

Gartooth

Thanks to those that attempted to get codes tonight or any other night. It is a big help for our programmers as we test out the SHiFT infrastructure. The big giveaways will occur on our main portals like GearboxSoftware and the Gearbox Facebook and BL Facebook. We just want to make sure we will be able to support that huge rush. There will be more in those redemptions then the ones that Randy is doing.

Links to follow/like are below.

https://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware
https://www.facebook.com/GearboxSoftware
https://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame

Cool, I always want to get more keys, but it always seems that I log on at the wrong time to see all of them are gone. (although I've already gotten 2 so far from Premiere Club and signing up for Shift, guess I'm just greedy :p)

Coalition-PezRadar

Cool, I always want to get more keys, but it always seems that I log on at the wrong time to see all of them are gone. (although I've already gotten 2 so far from Premiere Club and signing up for Shift, guess I'm just greedy :p)

We plan on doing some time based ones where we will send out a key early on and they can't be redeemed until X:XX time.

Also we may be branching this off from just our official channels possibly and maybe integrating more of our communities found on places like NeoGAF, our forums, Penny-Arcade, Something Awful etc. Things we are still discussing.

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the SHiFT code! I somehow managed to see Mr. Pitchford's pre-emptive tweet like 5 minutes before he posted the code and successfully redeemed it on my PS3. I feel like having 7 Golden Keys is gonna drive me crazy lol

Sanctuary

So what's the big deal about Sarcastic Slab? To hear other people rave on and on about him, you would think he was the best written character in the entire game, and worth the price of admission or something. Maybe I had unreasonable expectations, considering how well the rest of the game is, and maybe it's also because his speech echoed my own thoughts before he said it--so it was no big deal to me--but I felt like he was just another funny sketch in a pretty much endless sea of them.

rybrad

Is there anything like the New Haven chest run in this game? I assume there isn't because they are using these sweet golden keys which are a ridiculous idea. I love having paid for a game and they want you to jump through their extra hoops to get something that should be included. Between this and the awful stash size (which I am sure will be conveniently expanded via paid DLC) Gearbox has done a really nice job of annoying me, even as a big Borderlands fan.
Wasn't Pele the Hawaiian fire god or something like that? I think that text means fire is going to massively proc each shot.
If the text is the same effect as the original Borderlands (the text is different, reference is the same) then it has a chance to shoot rounds that can catch nearby enemies on fire too.

FStop7

Banned
Wow.

The Jesper Kyd track 'Dam Top' from the OST is some of the best video game music I've ever heard, full stop.

Roland rescue mission spoiler

Holy shit @ the GUN Loaders' arrival on the scene. Fighting through all of those to get to the W4r D3n was nerve wracking. My only gun that could hurt them was a sniper rifle with electrical effects. Everything else I was carrying was fire... I thought I was gonna be killing nothing but bandits. I kept running out of ammo and those things kept coming and coming.

I'm glad there was a fast travel point at the entrance of the W4r D3n - I bailed to sanctuary and quit out of the game. I need a break.

HoosTrax

Is there anything like the New Haven chest run in this game? I assume there isn't because they are using these sweet golden keys which are a ridiculous idea. I love having paid for a game and they want you to jump through their extra hoops to get something that should be included. Between this and the awful stash size (which I am sure will be conveniently expanded via paid DLC) Gearbox has done a really nice job of annoying me, even as a big Borderlands fan.

If the text is the same effect as the original Borderlands (the text is different, reference is the same) then it has a chance to shoot rounds that can catch nearby enemies on fire too.

I wish someone would make a mod like Titan Quest's TQVault for this game, to let you store as much as you want. The inventory size is ridiculously paltry, plus the walking distance from the Sanctuary travel point to the stash vault in the HQ is way longer than the distance to the Bank in Moxxi's place in the DLC2 from BL1.

As for the loot situation, they really did go out of their way to punish people who solo with shitty loot tables. I'm getting around it by using a memory hack program to fool the game into thinking there are 4 players -- let me tell you, it's been an eye opener seeing just how much better the loot drops are, especially off of Badass mobs. The game is not VAC protected.

Edit: I won't lie, I spent dozens of hours farming the armory glitch bug from the Knoxx DLC in BL1. Don't hate me :p, I freely admit I exploit to get phat loot.

Wow.

The Jesper Kyd track 'Dam Top' from the OST is some of the best video game music I've ever heard, full stop.

Holy shit, the GUN Loaders' arrival on the scene. Fighting through all of those to get to the W4r D3n was nerve wracking. My only gun that could hurt them was a sniper rifle with electrical effects. Everything else I was carrying was fire... I thought I was gonna be killing nothing but bandits. I kept running out of ammo and those things kept coming and coming.

I'm glad there was a fast travel point at the entrance of the W4r D3n - I bailed to sanctuary and quit out of the game. I need a break.

Did you travel back to Sanctuary before finishing the mission? That fast travel station is one way.

Santiako

Wow.

Holy shit @ the GUN Loaders' arrival on the scene. Fighting through all of those to get to the W4r D3n was nerve wracking. My only gun that could hurt them was a sniper rifle with electrical effects. Everything else I was carrying was fire... I thought I was gonna be killing nothing but bandits. I kept running out of ammo and those things kept coming and coming.

I'm glad you liked it so much, you'll have to do it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom