• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbraun80

Amazing! Thank you. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Seriously though, last I heard was that only one person had that achievement. (Though, might be a while ago.) And that was a Gearbox Employee. Seeing as no one had unlocked ALL the Challenges.
ha no problem at all. I forgot to mention if you're finding some of the challenges a little daunting just use a lvl 40 or so character and go back in normal mode to like the bloodshed stronghold and whoop up on those guys. ha

Hey cata, did that drop from a boss?

Also, I just unlocked Ruin for my Siren... it seriously ruins anything and everything. It laughs at True Vault Hunter Mode's enemies and their certain resistances.

Did you beat the game yet, cata? If not, let me know and we can try to beat it later today if you haven't already. I need someone to play True Vault Hunter Mode with - it's seriously so much better since enemies are way tougher and we can test out our late-game builds all the way through. Also, better loots.

catabarez

Did you beat the game yet, cata? If not, let me know and we can try to beat it later today if you haven't already. I need someone to play True Vault Hunter Mode with - it's seriously so much better since enemies are way tougher and we can test out our late-game builds all the way through. Also, better loots.

Not yet.
I just finished the mission where I met brick
and am doing the side missions.

Type2

im up right now and lvl 33 with zero. looking for a playthrough 2 co-op buddy for a while.
(Steam handle is Hatemehnow)

I'm at the very last mission (talon of God) and my character is at level 31, and I feel a little sad that it will all end soon. I mean there are still a few optional quests left and I have already sank about 45 hours into this game total. Which is long by any FPS standard, but would also classify as a mid ranged RPG. But Borderlands 2 was such a great game that I really want more. Really one of the most enjoyable titles I have played all year, Gearbox really should be commended for their work. I can't really think of any legitimate complaints, other than I wish there was more. There really wasn't a moment in this game were I felt something dragged on for too long, or the game got to repetitive.

But there is always new game plus, and I will be replaying the game again with a different class with a friend who just bought the game last night. That should be fun.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm glad there was a fast travel point at the entrance of the W4r D3n - I bailed to sanctuary and quit out of the game. I need a break.[/spoiler]
gg bro
Just beat the game - it was awesome.

Got legendary shield from the final boss, which throws out corrosive missiles every time I'm hit with a bullet. It's crazy good.
Yeah the Impaler is a sick drop. Very nice shield. Don't forget it hits melee attacks for damage too.
Wait, it makes the controller vibrate? I have vibration turned off, too, so I had no idea. :lol
Yeah Moxxi's 'good' gun iirc vibrates the controller constantly.
This is one crazy reference to
Lord of the Rings:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=2819570#post2819570

Anyone try it? Guaranteed all purples from a loot chest. No golden key required :p
Sick if true

I'm doing the last Clan War mission and I'm having a problem where
I can't kill either of the Clan leaders.
Got them stuck on magic pixel health

Anyone have this problem?

Wunder

My steam for anyone who wants to play with me! Bought a season pass so I will be playing long into this game's life! Always looking to hang out with more Gaffers, and I have a 19~ Axton and a high 20s Maya.

That
LOTR
easter egg sounds AMAZING.

Marcel

Any advice on Commando builds? My main is a Gunzerker that I've been playing for a while but I made a Commando to play with a friend who just got the game.

Ok. So Im lvl 28 and did most of the
Lynchwood
missions.

Finally, a place with some difficulty. Nothing great, but it was actually challenging.

Except for the boss though
the sheriff was ridiculously easy

I got the same pistol I have again. Just several lvls higher. That was nice. :)

I can`t seem to get enough of this game.

I wanna go home and play :p

red731

Just started up with Tiny Tina.

This game.

THIS GAME.

Just got there last night. I share the same feelings. Also that first encounter with
Hyperion robots
That was damn awesome and the music? Whoa. Sets vibe to kill everything.

Can you only do the
LOTR
easter egg if you do it from the start of your playthrough and don't fast travel for the whole playthrough?

From what I can tell it only starts when you pick up the item. So you can play through it a bit and then when you open up the area you need, you can just fast travel back to Claptrap and then go from there.

Jubbly

borderlands22012-09-2t0adw.png

Experimenting with a few graphics settings. No downsampling, SMAA.

Two more: http://www.abload.de/img/borderlands22012-09-2ymber.png & http://www.abload.de/img/borderlands22012-09-2mtxt9.png

Wunder

I just started NG+ and I can already tell it's going to be much more enjoyable. Glad I skipped most of the sidequests.

How do you get this?

You might want to hold off on the sidequests for PT2 since they do not reset for PT2.5 and you might miss a few level 50 rewards if you're looking for a specific legendary that comes off a quest.

KingKong

Is there a way (on PC) to force the enemies/quests to be higher level or to make it think I'm on NG+?

I beat the main story and a bunch of side quests I have are too low level to be fun and I really don't know if I want to replay the whole game

Jubbly

Here's the info about the sidequests and PT 2/2.5: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=154087

In playthrough 1, do everything, to level as high as poss as quick as poss, in order to be able to complete the story quests which are hard levelled (have set levels).

In playthrough 2, do ONLY the story quests, as it is the one and only time the quests will be reset. Once you complete the story the second time, you are in PT2.5, everything is in super hard mode (a level or 2 above level cap), that is the time to go back and do all the side quests in order to get rewards levelled as high as they can be. This is also probably the best time to use a golden key or 2.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Did a ton of side quests last night, now I'm 23... got some better gear and I'm finally starting to get a feel for the game. I still have my level 14 orange grenade mod though, it's tooo damn awesome.

It has the 'sometimes lightening strikes twice' affix - what happens is wherever it lands, it creates a medium sized sphere of electricity, where anything that steps into it gets constant high electricity damage - and it also spawns into 4 or 5 child grenades, and they spread out around the initial sphere and cause their own little mini areas of constant electricity damage.

Then they all explode. If I throw it in a hallway or something, the child grenades can stick to walls and ceilings - just basically creating an impassible section of death. I love it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom