• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, where'd you find that thing?

Apparently, someone found it as an item of the day in one of the Sanctuary vending machines o_O

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=2821085

Another person confirmed it too:
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=2820437&postcount=279

Here's the info about the sidequests and PT 2/2.5: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=154087

Thanks for this. Guess I'll bum rush through PT2.

Did a ton of side quests last night, now I'm 23... got some better gear and I'm finally starting to get a feel for the game. I still have my level 14 orange grenade mod though, it's tooo damn awesome.

It has the 'sometimes lightening strikes twice' affix - what happens is wherever it lands, it creates a medium sized sphere of electricity, where anything that steps into it gets constant high electricity damage - and it also spawns into 4 or 5 child grenades, and they spread out around the initial sphere and cause their own little mini areas of constant electricity damage.

Then they all explode. If I throw it in a hallway or something, the child grenades can stick to walls and ceilings - just basically creating an impassible section of death. I love it so much.

God damn that thing sounds amazing. Where'd you get it??

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My only complaints so far is that the machine guns suck compared to BL1 and the good assault rifles/gatling guns all look the same. Automatic weapons seem to be a lot less useful now given how fast you can shoot the Jakobs guns. I finally got one that's pretty cool though. A Tediore automatic explosive AR. Thing's pretty badass.

Does Axton have the accuracy/RoF bonus per kill that Roland had? That combined with a rifleman mod made machine guns super accurate and deadly. I wonder if that combo would work again.

breakfuss

lol, so did anyone else do "the bone" mission? The one where you receive the Bane SMG in the graveyard. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it really is just a big ass joke. Sucks too, because I'm only lvl 22 and it was hard as hell to get. Oh well.

Jubbly

lol, so did anyone else do "the bone" mission? The one where you receive the Bane SMG in the graveyard. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it really is just a big ass joke. Sucks too, because I'm only lvl 22 and it was hard as hell to get. Oh well.

It's the perfect co-op troll weapon, stick it in your bank.

The 18-20ish quests are SUPER HARD, not even just enemy-wise. That Tannis one for her Hidden Journals took FOREVER and got me just four effing Eridium.

THANKS, YOU PSYCHOPATH.

Megasoum

Banned
Interesting to know about the quests in the second playthrough.

how do you know if a quest is a story quest or a side quest before taking it?

I guess you never go to the yellow "!" ?

This is one crazy reference to
Lord of the Rings:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=2819570#post2819570

Anyone try it? Guaranteed all purples from a loot chest. No golden key required :p

I just did this the loot seems to be some of the best itemized purples in the game. Both times I did it at least one of the chest had an e-tech gun.

Interesting to know about the quests in the second playthrough.

how do you know if a quest is a story quest or a side quest before taking it?

I guess you never go to the yellow "!" ?

Mainline story quest are marked by a vault symbol in the quest log.

one thing that just started irk-ing me last night is that weapons only show base stats and no show 'real' stats with any modifiers you have.

It's really hard to compare weapon stats and then try and factor in badass ranks....skill point ranks....player mods.

Bug anyone else or just me?

would be nice if the weapon stats were dynamic based on your current build (showing 'true' damage, reload, rate, etc...)

I just did this the loot seems to be some of the best itemized purples in the game. Both times I did it at least one of the chest had an e-tech gun.

Wait, how do you exactly get to Eridium Blight from the first area without fast traveling? I'm still confused about the requirements for that. And you got any screens of the weapons you got out of it?

It's just no fast travel from claptrap's to the volcano, right? I could FT to his place and go from there?

Yeah you basically fast travel to Claptrap's Place and loot the thing from there you run to the boat in the harbor travel through grab a car and drive to Eridium Blight. The whole thing take about nine minutes to do.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah I know how to differentiate the story and sidequests in the quest log but the problem is that you can't take the quests until you are done with the playthrough so that they will be max level.

They won't scale with you if you take them too early.

one thing that just started irk-ing me last night is that weapons only show base stats and no show 'real' stats with any modifiers you have.

It's really hard to compare weapon stats and then try and factor in badass ranks....skill point ranks....player mods.

Bug anyone else or just me?

would be nice if the weapon stats were dynamic based on your current build (showing 'true' damage, reload, rate, etc...)

Its also annoying how the weapons dont show whether its semi auto, auto or burst fire. I get these hell good assault rifles with an 18 fire rate then find out that theyre only single shot which just makes fire rate a useless statistic.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Its also annoying how the weapons dont show whether its semi auto, auto or burst fire. I get these hell good assault rifles with an 18 fire rate then find out that theyre only single shot which just makes fire rate a useless statistic.

The only assault rifles I've picked up like that are the ones that clearly say they fire as fast as you pull the trigger.

I've seen posts about people farming
BNK-3R.

How do you do this?

What's the implication of this? All sidequests, even the ones that seem time sensitive, are available after clearing the final boss in the second playthrough?

This:
In playthrough 2, do ONLY the story quests, as it is the one and only time the quests will be reset. Once you complete the story the second time, you are in PT2.5, everything is in super hard mode (a level or 2 above level cap), that is the time to go back and do all the side quests in order to get rewards levelled as high as they can be. This is also probably the best time to use a golden key or 2.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
What's the implication of this? All sidequests, even the ones that seem time sensitive, are available after clearing the final boss in the second playthrough?

I think the point is that 1. they are all still available, and 2. after you clear the boss all enemy levels scale to where you are, in effect making none of them "trivial" and thus making the quest rewards better across the board.

I think the point is that 1. they are all still available, and 2. after you clear the boss all enemy levels scale to where you are, in effect making none of them "trivial" and thus making the quest rewards better across the board.

But what about the quests left over after you beat the boss the first time? Is continuing to play after beating the final boss different than a second playthrough?

SO CONFUSED.

Vodh

Also, can you start a third playthrough after you're done with the second? I know there's no third difficulty mode, but if I'm correct in BL1 you could start over nevertheless...

Okay wait I think I get it. Leftover quests are the ".5". So 1.5 is the leftover quests after beating the boss. "2" is the NEW GAME+" (which, how do you start that?). "2.5" is the leftover quests after beating the final boss in "2".

Yes?

The vending machines can have some pretty good shit sometimes

I found a Bee on sale at the Zed's outside of Marcus' store

Too bad I was broke from hitting the slots at the time

or rapid fire when scoped.

I feel like my SMG is like that. I was doing Hidden Journals (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH) and there's one in a Hyperion base that was among the hardest things in the game so far. Short distance, okay, you think that, but you have to go around the base and behind it through mountains and every little bit there's new bad guys culminating in COT DAM Constructor. Funniest thing was that the next ECHO was just NO LIE sitting in a shipping container. No jumping from thin girder to thin girder, no constructors. Just.

Sitting.

There.

Tannis, you god damn looney.

God damn you.

What was I talking about again?

So I guess it's a good thing I've only done the beginning quests in PT2 so far, and I shouldn't accept any more sidequests until I've completed the story?

I was getting pretty bored with PT2 last night. Currently I have a level 35 assassin in PT2 just about to head up to Flynt. I'll be playing later today (approximately 3 PM PST) if any other PS3 players would like to join and help me run through PT2 look for me then (I'll be playing the game, not on here [PSN ID is StunandStab])

Although I might have to level my 27 Siren with a friend I am not sure

The vending machines can have some pretty good shit sometimes

I found a Bee on sale at the Zed's outside of Marcus' store

Too bad I was broke from hitting the slots at the time

This is the third time I've seen someone post about seeing a Legendary at a vending machine. I've got to start checking them out more often.

Toby

So are many people using this "num player setter" application that scans your memory and changes the number of players? Just worried about it being a virus or being seen as a hack and losing my steam account or something.

mackattk

I hate those sniper rifles.

Same. The burst fire is only useful in certain instances, but overall its trash to me. If I only need one bullet to kill someone 90% of the time, why the hell would I expend 3?

Things may be a little different if there wasn't recoil between the burst shots, but what's the point when only 1 out of the 3 shots get a critical because of the recoil? meanwhile I need to reload 3x as often.

Coconut

Banned
Same. The burst fire is only useful in certain instances, but overall its trash to me. If I only need one bullet to kill someone 90% of the time, why the hell would I expend 3?

I wish I could find a sniper rifle with the reverse. burst fire when not scoped. Shit would be 'so dope'.

Meanwhile, As a soldier who recently finished the game. I never found an assault rifle that was even worth putting in my back pack and marking it as trash.

Meier

Assassins are fine with guns, especially with cunning. It's just a slow start, if anything Zero is a late bloomer.

This is my Zer0 at level 21.

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/assassin.php?505001000050000000000000000000

The talent description on this site for One Shot One Kill is a little different than within the game. Can anyone confirm if the talent provides ONLY bonus damage on the first shot? I was a little confused by it because it mentions you get a bonus in the game but then the passive result at the bottom is just listed as "12% additional gun damage" or something without a reference to the first bullet. I was planning on skipping it but wanted to confirm.

AkuMifune

Banned
This is my Zer0 at level 21.

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/assassin.php?505001000050000000000000000000

The talent description on this site for One Shot One Kill is a little different than within the game. Can anyone confirm if the talent provides ONLY bonus damage on the first shot? I was a little confused by it because it mentions you get a bonus in the game but then the passive result at the bottom is just listed as "12% additional gun damage" or something without a reference to the first bullet. I was planning on skipping it but wanted to confirm.

You need Vel0city next. I love that skill, makes him a beast with smg's too. Or at least it feels that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom