• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just zoom out after you hit the trigger and it'll only fire one shot but yes there are good snipers that aren't burst fire you just have to get lucky, I guess.

Yeah, I have a beautiful Jakobs I got from either Michael or slots...

Found that Irish pub in Outlook, btw. Slots and a vendo down the hall.

In love.

Stantron

I'm playing on PC with a 360 controller. I wish the aim assist was variable depending on how much you pressed the left trigger. Trying to shoot ahead of flying enemies while aiming is difficult because the aim assist always centers you on the target, which is zig zagging in the air, instead of where you pull the reticle.

LQX

Is Siren a poor class? Seems like she might excel at coop if anything. Started one as my alt for playing coop with my brother and don't really want to start over again. Guess I just need my choice validated.

Really disappointed with the sniper rifles so far on my main character, zero. Are there any good ones that don't burst when zoomed? I'm starting to hate it, though my reload speed is getting faster.

Her phaselock alone makes her probably the best of the bunch as it can simultaneously heal you(or everyone) and and make killing enemies much easier(they take more damage) and faster.

Trying to shoot ahead of flying enemies while aiming is impossible because the aim assist always centers you on the target, which is zig zagging in the air, instead of where you pull the reticle.

That's why I love Maya. Either freezes the thing so I can shoot it or just does damage. Nothing beats blowing a Buzzard out of the sky just by making a fist.

KingKong

It took about 40k for Moxxi to give up a second gun and it ended up being another corrosive SMG.

Granted, it does about triple the damage the first one she gave me but, still. Will she give me the fire one eventually or is this it?

why do you want fire, corrosive is so much better

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my current Gunzerker -

v1UNS.png

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Raxus

Yeah I have a few. The pistols seem to be the most common. In general e-tech seems to be really rare though. The drop rate appears to be somewhere between purple and orange gear.

I have yet to see a E tech SMG outside of your game. *throws a temper tantrum*

Raxus

Here's my current Gunzerker -

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Filled to the brim is worthless. Get Inconceivable instead. In fact it is inconceivable you didn't get it in the first place. Shit is cash.

Put a point into steady as she goes.

Besides that is there another tree you are looking to invest in?

Here is my current build, the reason for so many 1 point skills is because of a class mod.

Is Siren a poor class? Seems like she might excel at coop if anything. Started one as my alt for playing coop with my brother and don't really want to start over again. Guess I just need my choice validated.

Really disappointed with the sniper rifles so far on my main character, zero. Are there any good ones that don't burst when zoomed? I'm starting to hate it, though my reload speed is getting faster.

Phaselock: Converge + Ruin + Chain Reaction

Add in the cooldown time and extended length of the skill, and you're running lives every time you Phaselock. Just like with the Siren from the first game, mid to end game Siren is where it's at. It definitely starts out slow.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I wish I could find a sniper rifle with the reverse. burst fire when not scoped. Shit would be 'so dope'.

Meanwhile, As a soldier who recently finished the game. I never found an assault rifle that was even worth putting in my back pack and marking it as trash.

????! wha? I've found 2 Jacobs assault rifles and 1 Dahl that have at different levels through my first playthrough been invaluable. That's crazy to me.

for the gun nuts out there.... last night i found a 500+ damage Maliwan pistol that shoots HOMING BULLETS with an insanely high element chance/dmg. It is my robot melting choice for fucking Hyperion sideways.

Coconut

Banned
????! wha? I've found 2 Jacobs assault rifles and 1 Dahl that have at different levels through my first playthrough been invaluable. That's crazy to me.

for the gun nuts out there.... last night i found a 500+ damage Maliwan pistol that shoots HOMING BULLETS with an insanely high element chance/dmg. It is my robot melting choice for fucking Hyperion sideways.

It's the nature of loot drops. I've found enough sniper rifles to pass on to my recently created zero to make me/him a beastly bawler.

Played through and beat the campaign primarily in coop as a Gunzerker, got crap drops. Started a Siren, mostly been playing by myself, multiple purple drops at level 10. What?

Does anyone know if there is a sniper type that replicates the old Eridian lightning storm style of fire? That shit rocked my balls off in the first game.

In case you haven't realized that is an etech gun.

It hadn't occured to me till now, but I think that all the e-tech guns with the exception of sniper rifles have a second diffrent behavior based on its manaufacturer. For example Hyperion splatter guns fire a ball of goo that bounces a few times and on each bounce explodes, while a bandit one fires three individual goo balls.

Edit: I seem to be wrong about the different manufactures thing. It apply to some guns, but not all of them.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
In case you haven't realized that is an etech gun.

It hadn't occured to me till now, but I think that all the e-tech guns with the exception of sniper rifles have a second diffrent behavior based on its manaufacturer. For example Hyperion splatter guns fire a ball of goo that bounces a few times and on each bounce explodes, while a bandit one fires three individual goo balls.

Makes a ton of sense ... that would make it my 4th etech then. Still waiting for a new rail gun with damage higher than the 1021 of my original beast.

Popped Many must Die last night and ... wow .. just wow. Zer0 truly opens up around 30. Whole groups of bandits and soldiers dead and i'm invisible the entire time. I was liking the class before... i'm loving it now. Definitely a slow burn ...

Hmm, i have never gotten a single oarange or e-tech in over 50 hours of game time. Though this is nothing new for me and these types of games.

Is it always worthwhile to build and baby a god-liath? The few times i have done it i always get at least 1 purple which seems a good trade considering i have to have him kill about 12 smaller enemies (who would drop - sellable - crap). It can be hard though if he pisses off another goliath, runs into an elemental or a badass. I always set them off though when i see them as it helps take the pressure off!

Phaselock: Converge + Ruin + Chain Reaction

Add in the cooldown time and extended length of the skill, and you're running lives every time you Phaselock. Just like with the Siren from the first game, mid to end game Siren is where it's at. It definitely starts out slow.

I really enjoy my siren, but I'm having issues finding a good path down to ruin. From what I hear flicker and helios aren't work the point. Also what s better kinetic reflection or inertia?

When it comes to achievements/trophies (I haven't had time to check myself) are they any that are mandatory online? I really don't have enough time to play much MP these days.

Xevren

There is an achievement that requires you to get at least level 1 in every badass challenge, and some of those required co-op.

Yeah but you don't have to be online for those due to splitscreen at least. I know that's easy for 360 but not sure if it works the same for ps3.

Looking at this as well. Helios is no good?

The problem with Helios is that in NG+ it does fuck all against shielded and robotic enemies, but its what I picked to go further down the tree since there doesn't seem to be any better choices. Outside of Foresight, Chain reaction, Reaper, and Ruin the Cataclysm tree doesn't seem great, but thankfully all those talents are immensely powerful.

I got the FUNNIEST SMG. It's an electric SMG that does a ton of damage, but lowers your movement speed to a crawl, and it sounds like midgets screaming when you shoot it. When you reload it screams "RELOOOOOOADIN'"

I laugh every time I use it. I'll put a video up of it later.

HoosTrax

I got the FUNNIEST SMG. It's an electric SMG that does a ton of damage, but lowers your movement speed to a crawl, and it sounds like midgets screaming when you shoot it. When you reload it screams "RELOOOOOOADIN'"

I laugh every time I use it. I'll put a video up of it later.
PCGamer already did an entire article dedicated to this gun, including a video.

Btw, I'm wrapping up my second Maya playthrough and getting ready to start a new character and wanted some impression on the best solo character. Am I right in assuming:
Zer0 = best burst (single shot) DPS
Gunzerker = best sustained DPS (over the duration of gunzerking)
Axton = best able to deal with adds

(haven't had time to study the skill trees in depth)

Torraz

1 more skillpoint until I get the rocket pods for Axton's turret. The question then is if I want to stay in the guerillia tree or whether I want to get more turret HP (and other goodies) from gunpower or whether I want a reduced turret cooldown and shields from survival.

Any comments / thoughts? I'm going through this 95% solo.

Coconut

Banned
1 more skillpoint until I get the rocket pods for Axton's turret. The question then is if I want to stay in the guerillia tree or whether I want to get more turret HP (and other goodies) from gunpower or whether I want a reduced turret cooldown and shields from survival.

While I was disappointed in how I couldn't stack two turrets one after the other a little bit. I do recognize that they are pretty bossy at crowd control.

Cat Party

I'm using that tree and it's awesome in single player.

Hela

It figures that the first orange weapon I get is level 11 while I'm 24...
Also for a game with a bazillion guns I get an awful lot of virtually the same ones, which was the case with the first Borderlands as well, but I hoped they would rectify it a bit more.

Are there any bonus bosses for farming like the one added in General Knoxx?

erragal

Looking at this as well. Helios is no good?

Helios damage is definitely worth the points on enemy types that actually take fire damage. Since this includes buzzard pilots and badass buzzards in 2playee coop in tvhm have obscene hp its' worth it for that alone.

Cat Party

Helios damage is definitely worth the points on enemy types that actually take fire damage. Since this includes buzzard pilots and badass buzzards in 2playee coop in tvhm have obscene hp its' worth it for that alone.

Well that's fine. Seems like that's the way to go then with that tree. Foresight, Helios, Chain Reaction, Acid Cloud, then sprinkle the other 4 points around to get to Blight Phoenix and Ruin. I have a ways to go (my siren is my co-op character so she's only level 15 now).

Coconut

Banned
Also for a game with a bazillion guns I get an awful lot of virtually the same ones, which was the case with the first Borderlands as well, but I hoped they would rectify it a bit more.

return to the place you fight bloodwing

There is Terramorphus, but he is fairly easy and his loot is kind of lackluster. I've found killing the last story mission boss serves as a better loot pinata. I guess I would be remiss to not mention Vermivorous, but hes kind of hard to trigger. I tried spawning him for about an hour without luck.

Has anybody found a siren class mod with chain reaction on it? I want one, but haven't seen any.

Raide

The Rocket Pods are pretty awesome. Combine it with a Slag weapon and the turret will rip through enemies. Also having the rockets flying all over the place makes me laugh like a crazy person. :D

erragal

Well that's fine. Seems like that's the way to go then with that tree. Foresight, Helios, Chain Reaction, Acid Cloud, then sprinkle the other 4 points around to get to Blight Phoenix and Ruin. I have a ways to go (my siren is my co-op character so she's only level 15 now).

Personally I wouldn't touch Blight Phoenix unless you are going pure shotgun/melee as the effective range is stupidly short especially for the underwhelming damage. If you're set on ruin Id suggest full reaper and then flicker for the extra points.

steadfast

I just went back there for a mission from Mordecai and it was a really lackluster encounter from which I got nothing at all.

Yup. It didn't give me shit, either. About to start what they're saying is the final mission and still haven't seen a non-quest orange from drop, chest, or slots. Jumbo skagg in lynchwood farming helped ease the pain, though.

The Rocket Pods are pretty awesome. Combine it with a Slag weapon and the turret will rip through enemies. Also having the rockets flying all over the place makes me laugh like a crazy person. :D
rockets are great. im level 20 now and im going for longbow turret plus nuke. at range turret drop and nuke to take everyone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom