• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaze13

Story mission spoiler. I've have been enjoying Jack's character until the bit about Tannis. I hated him and called for blood when,
he fucking killed Bloodwing! Fuck you Jack! I look forward to killing you. Blood was my bro as Mordecai. I'll miss that bird :(

Story mission spoiler. I've have been enjoying Jack's character until the bit about Tannis. I hated him and called for blood when,
he fucking killed Bloodwing! Fuck you Jack! I look forward to killing you. Blood was my bro as Mordecai. I'll miss that bird :(

Oh fuck.

Acts 2 and 3 are going to destroy your soul if you think that was the darkest the game goes.

Megasoum

Banned
Ok it's probably a bit late to ask that when I'm really near the end and with 50+ hours into the game but what do you get exactly from doing the bonus objectives? lol... The game is not really clear about that, is it just extra XP?

JoeFu

Banned
Did anybody else have any problems with "Get to Know Jack"?

Not going to spoil it as it really isn't anything important, but I press the button and a windmill is supposed to turn on... .but pressing the button does nothing. I can't grab the 5th echo journal. I googled it and it seems like its bugged for some people, but not most.

Dual turrets with a class mod that has 24% less cooldown, and 4 resourceful (another %20), along with +3 sentry, topped off with rockets, is crazy good. It lasts for like triple the time the turret normally lasts, and gets like 6 total rocket volleys, along with it rarely pausing with the regular fire.

If you tip Moxxi and get her gun on the first playthrough, can you do it again and get a higher level version in the second playthrough?

There seems to be a bug though with "Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch", a lot of people are only getting it once.

One person on the Gearbox forums said he's gotten "Miss Moxxi's Good Touch" 40 times and the bad touch only once.

eek5

How are you guys leveling in PT2 without doing sidequests? I was doing fine until wildlife exploitation mission. The enemies jump from level 36 to 44 at that point... fml

Avinexus

How are you guys leveling in PT2 without doing sidequests? I was doing fine until wildlife exploitation mission. The enemies jump from level 36 to 44 at that point... fml

I was level 43 by the time I got to that point in PT2, I only did a couple side missions and then learned about the end game scaling of them. Was 36 or 37 I think when I beat the final mission on PT1, having done everything on that playthrough.

MrDaravon

There seems to be a bug though with "Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch", a lot of people are only getting it once.

One person on the Gearbox forums said he's gotten "Miss Moxxi's Good Touch" 40 times and the bad touch only once.

Is Bad Touch supposed to be better? I got both, and the Bad Touch was much worse, unless I just got unlucky or something.

As far as I know you can continue to tip Moxxi to keep getting guns. I just tipped her again and got another Good Touch that was a base damage of 1100 with crazy fire damage (level 39) which was an awesome upgrade for me. I really need to turn rumble off though -_-.

I've been meaning to do that. Does he spawn in play through 1? I really don't want to deal with rabid stalkers and skaggs.

Yes, that's where I got him, although I think I got him in another area (maybe the Badlands?). Wildlife Preserve is the general consensus for the most likely spot. It was god knows how many pages back, but I think someone recommended a way to get him to spawn by hitting a checkpoint somewhere and quitting and re-loading your game from that spot or something along those lines.

jambo

I feel like an idiot.

First time I saw the golden chest in Sanctuary I just thought it was a normal one so I went and opened it. I got some awesome guns for how low I was leveled (I literally just arrived in the town) so I just thought it was random luck. I then opened it up a couple more times and didn't think anything of it.

I went back yesterday and tried to open it and got the no golden key thing. At that point I finally realised what it was...

-__-

Varna

*Sigh*

It's not like I'm even trying to level up. But now I'm somehow higher then every single side quest and new story mission. I really wish every single RPG had some kind of setting to cut experience gain in half so that I'm not ridiculously overpowered. Of course you can't abandon quest in this game either.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is Bad Touch supposed to be better? I got both, and the Bad Touch was much worse, unless I just got unlucky or something.

As far as I know you can continue to tip Moxxi to keep getting guns. I just tipped her again and got another Good Touch that was a base damage of 1100 with crazy fire damage (level 39) which was an awesome upgrade for me. I really need to turn rumble off though -_-.

Yes, that's where I got him, although I think I got him in another area (maybe the Badlands?). Wildlife Preserve is the general consensus for the most likely spot. It was god knows how many pages back, but I think someone recommended a way to get him to spawn by hitting a checkpoint somewhere and quitting and re-loading your game from that spot or something along those lines.

For me Bad Touch was better, but it was fire vs. corrosive and corrosion seems like the best element to have.

I also found a ridiculous purple class mod for my siren that does something like 85% more damage with SMGs for a 14% accuracy drop.

They are both good guns but Good Touch is a Fire Weapon and Bad Touch is a Corrosive Weapon.

It kicks ass against Hyperion bots so a lot of people try to get Bad Touch again once they get higher in level since there are a lot more Hyperion enemies in the later portions of the game but she doesn't seem to give it more than once.

Did anybody else have any problems with "Get to Know Jack"?

Not going to spoil it as it really isn't anything important, but I press the button and a windmill is supposed to turn on... .but pressing the button does nothing. I can't grab the 5th echo journal. I googled it and it seems like its bugged for some people, but not most.

Did you kill all the Rakk in the air? I think they knock it down... but if theres no rakk to knock it down... youd probably have to wait for respawn? That is assuming I am thinking of the right quest.

eek5

I was level 43 by the time I got to that point in PT2, I only did a couple side missions and then learned about the end game scaling of them. Was 36 or 37 I think when I beat the final mission on PT1, having done everything on that playthrough.

Damn. I beat PT1 at 33 and now I'm 38. I need to find a way to get 4-5 levels ;_;

JoeFu

Banned
Did you kill all the Rakk in the air? I think they knock it down... but if theres no rakk to knock it down... youd probably have to wait for respawn? That is assuming I am thinking of the right quest.

I stand there and the rakk just fly at me. They never go near the nest. I read that the switch next to the windmill is supposed to cause some rakk to fly down, with one of them holding the echo, but no luck. Flipping the switch does nothing, it just blinks red.

MrDaravon

Hmm, as a Siren I've been rolling a with a fire SMG and a acid sniper specifically for robots. I feel like I encounter more enemies weak against fire than acid, so I keep the sniper primarily for getting crits on the robots.

cackhyena

Hmmm, do I give the
lewd pics to Marcus or Moxxi?
Wondering if people's experience have been generally better with one or the other, or if it's a crap shoot.

*Sigh*

It's not like I'm even trying to level up. But now I'm somehow higher then every single side quest and new story mission. I really wish every single RPG had some kind of setting to cut experience gain in half so that I'm not ridiculously overpowered. Of course you can't abandon quest in this game either.

Yea. People always bitch about how level scaling 'dumbs down' their games, but this is the flip side that no one seems to talk about. I'm level 27 right now, and I don't have any quests that are higher than level 24. For the last 10-15 levels I've consistently been doing quests that are a minimum of 3 levels below me, and sometimes upto 10 levels below. Most of the missions I do are marked trivial and are ridiculously easy, with some enemies just giving me 1xp per kill. This is far worse than level scaling will ever be. Gearbox fucked up difficulty scaling in the first game and they've done it again here, albeit not as bad.

Does anyone else feel that explosive is by far the best elemental effect, especially on shotguns?

eek5

Yea. People always bitch about how level scaling 'dumbs down' their games, but this is the flip side that no one seems to talk about. I'm level 27 right now, and I don't have any quests that are higher than level 24. For the last 10-15 levels I've consistently been doing quests that are a minimum of 3 levels below me, and sometimes upto 10 levels below. Most of the missions I do are marked trivial and are ridiculously easy, with some enemies just giving me 1xp per kill. This is far worse than level scaling will ever be. Gearbox fucked up difficulty scaling in the first game and they've done it again here, albeit not as bad.

It's even worse when you skip missions in PT1 because they are trivial/boring (like I did) then hit PT2 and you can't advance without grinding something if you want PT2.5 to have as many rewards available as possible. They should've scaled PT1 side missions better to spit you out at level ~45 then just had PT2 be PT2.5.

Avinexus

It's even worse when you skip missions in PT1 because they are trivial/boring (like I did) then hit PT2 and you can't advance without grinding something if you want PT2.5 to have as many rewards available as possible. They should've scaled PT1 side missions better to spit you out at level ~45 then just had PT2 be PT2.5.

Or really, make it so you get done with PT1 at 50. Forcing two playthroughs it kinda dumb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom