• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tiny tina is such a fantastic character..this.game is starting to click for me at level 20. the only missions i dont like are the collect 0/4 things like that.

i got a slag smg.which also deals shock damage. it made the game so much more fun.

XeroSauce

found a badass shotgun and this game picks up so much steam each time you get a really powerful gun. I also fucking love grenade reload rocket launchers. Nothing like a rocket powered javlin to rock you fucking face off.

I love love love Tediore RLs, there aren't enough in the game so far.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone have extra heads from Henry? I'm farming him on normal mode soley for the heads he drops and I've gotten 3 Axton heads and I used one since my main is Commando and I'm trying to get the other 3 heads. Though farming him did end up getting me the legendary shield he drops for my alts.

edit:damnit he dropped the legendary shield again lol.

steadfast

finally got a legendary from final battle -- it's a weird one. The effect makes it a flak cannon, took some patience and timing to use it right.

iktgFtWzliUL4.jpg

iJWImPoo86AkG.jpg

Question for the Zer0 aficionados

If you have a weapon with a melee boost stat attached to it, does that add to the boost you get from deception?

Perhaps it could just be a series of bad luck or me missing a number or two, but I swear I've seen less dmg with a melee boost weapon opposed to the regs sword.

Am I high?

HIgh? No. But the boost is definetely there.

You`re just.....WRONG!!!! :p

Some of my favorite lines in the game, so... quote time! Post yours.

'I'M GONNA GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT! YOU BETTER GOD DAMN SCREAM FOR ME!"

*psycho dies*

"I was almost finished... with my comic collection."

"Pluto's not a planet!"

"I'm gonna play hopscotch in your chest cavity!"

Also, those slow moving lab rats will sometimes yell "OPTIC BLAST!"

Man this game is freaking HUGE!!!

Just when you think you've seen everywhere, it throws another large area at you. Madness!

I've just hit lvl 30 as a Commando. Trying to get 2 turrets. I'm one or 2 levels away. Then I'm going to attack Fink's Arena again to get past Lvl 4.

Man one mission, says it's Normal difficulty at Lvl 25 up, well I'm getting my ass handed to me and 3/4 lvls higher. Gonna go back and attempt that when I have 2 guns. It's the
Dog's mother in Lynchwood
. That's one area I didn't enjoy though. Don't like those lab rat. Always tough to kill.

What's up the top of the Volcano BTW? I tried several times but kept ding off the lava. I killed Geary though.

Santiako

*psycho dies*

"Pluto's not a planet!"

My favourite are the cannibal Lab rats when you set them on fire they yell "I SMELL DELICIOUS!" and when you set another enemy on fire they yell "Allez cuisine!". So creepy and hilarious.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

*psycho dies*

"Pluto's not a planet!"

"Tell my wife...she's...a bitch..."

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The problem with Helios is that in NG+ it does fuck all against shielded and robotic enemies, but its what I picked to go further down the tree since there doesn't seem to be any better choices. Outside of Foresight, Chain reaction, Reaper, and Ruin the Cataclysm tree doesn't seem great, but thankfully all those talents are immensely powerful.

Since youll get Ruin within p1 where there are few shields it doesnt matter. Converge plus ruin will rip the shields off anyways.

Well - been playing this for about 10 hours and the game finally "clicked" with me around level 12. I was ready to give up on it and was getting pretty bored, but once you start getting some meaningful quest rewards, it really becomes apparent how diverse the character customization can be and how there's a really wide range of tactical options.

I'm playing the siren - should I be focusing on one skill tree or is it better to diversify? It seems like the skill points don't come in fast enough to diversify effectively, I haven't even unlocked the second tier of skills yet but I'm curious and uncertain about what's intended here.

Lol I picked up a gun that talks to you. Funny stuff. I thought it was something to do with the cursed weapon but I guess it's just a feature :p

And the chracters in the game are great. Tiny Tina especially. But it's great to see familar faces along the way as well. Nice surprises.

Wunder

Quick question on whether or not this is a bug or I'm completely dumb.

So I've been levelling a commando with two other buddies, and we're up to
Bunker
and I keep whining about how we haven't gotten our
4th weapon slot
, but they said they have it. One guy said it unlocks automatically but there lies a slight chance that I sold it, if it wasn't applied automatically. So, is this a glitch or am I dumb? If it's the latter, can I ever get it?

Bunker
4th weapon slot
, but they said they have it. One guy said it unlocks automatically but there lies a slight chance that I sold it, if it wasn't applied automatically. So, is this a glitch or am I dumb? If it's the latter, can I ever get it?

Both mine applied automatically. There was no "physical" object that you could sell.

steadfast

Bunker
4th weapon slot

Sounds like you skipped the story mission where it's a reward. It would have happened before the point you're currently at.

Finally completed the main storyline with Zer0, ended up at level 35. Enjoyed the game all the way through and I feel I've barely scratched the surface. Still have to do round 5 of the Hyperion's Circle of Slaughter, which I expect will be a pain in the ass to do solo. After that, I don't know whether to farm for the Bee a while or jump straight into TVHM.

Anyway, if someone wants to coop TVHM (or the Circles) hit me up on Steam.

Log4Girlz

Finally completed the main storyline with Zer0, ended up at level 35. Enjoyed the game all the way through and I feel I've barely scratched the surface. Still have to do round 5 of the Hyperion's Circle of Slaughter, which I expect will be a pain in the ass to do solo. After that, I don't know whether to farm for the Bee a while or jump straight into TVHM.

Anyway, if someone wants to coop TVHM (or the Circles) hit me up on Steam.

I farmed it and just started the second playthrough :)

Wunder

Both mine applied automatically. There was no "physical" object that you could sell.

Yeah I thought so. Which makes me think it may be a bug?

Sounds like you skipped the story mission where it's a reward. It would have happened before the point you're currently at.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure I was present for the whole time in terms of my playthrough with my friends. If they have it, shouldn't I have it too?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like every time I see a video online the player is using a Gunzerker with shotguns. I've barely been using shotguns at all thus far (level 26), should I be checking them out more often?

Pancho

Qurupancho
Seems like every time I see a video online the player is using a Gunzerker with shotguns. I've barely been using shotguns at all thus far (level 26), should I be checking them out more often?

Gunzerker with a shotty + a slag smg is a total beast...you should try it out.

Chavelo

Dang, Dukino's mom on four player mode while doing it solo is hard as balls on level 28. D:

Cheesed the shit outta that, though. :p

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Gunzerker with a shotty + a slag smg is a total beast...you should try it out.

I've already got the slag SMG, at least. I've been using it with Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker with some pretty good results lately but I haven't been finding many other good shotguns to try it out with and I've been fighting a lot of robots lately making the fire aspect of the Heart Breaker somewhat useless.

Just avoid jakob's and hyperion shotties.

Are Jakobs the ones that are "fire as fast as you can pull the trigger!" but only have two shells in a clip? I hate that crap.

mackattk

Dang, Dukino's mom on four player mode while doing it solo is hard as balls in level 28. D:

Cheesed the shit outta that, though. :p

I really need to try doing 2-4 player in solo mode. I am still on my first playthrough and slowly working through it, but for the most part it has been pretty easy.

tiny tina is such a fantastic character..this.game is starting to click for me at level 20. the only missions i dont like are the collect 0/4 things like that.

i got a slag smg.which also deals shock damage. it made the game so much more fun.

I love tiny tina. They did such a great job with her. My wife is thinking about getting a tattoo of her soon.

Pancho

Qurupancho
I've already got the slag SMG, at least. I've been using it with Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker with some pretty good results lately but I haven't been finding many other good shotguns to try it out with and I've been fighting a lot of robots lately making the fire aspect of the Heart Breaker somewhat useless.

Are Jakobs the ones that are "fire as fast as you can pull the trigger!" but only have two shells in a clip? I hate that crap.

Yeah, Jakobs shotguns have high firepower but lame mag size. At the moment I'm using a torgue shotgun that pretty much one shots any slagged enemy, got it on the slot machines.

Raxus

I use a Torgue as well. Torgue and Tediore make great shotguns. The more pellets and accuracy in a shotgun the better since it multiples the effectiveness of The Bee shield. That is why gunzerkers are able to take down Terra in 8 seconds.
Is it farmable or did I get lucky?

Farmable and the best shield in the game, you will get the level 50 version in NG+.

Just avoid jakob's and hyperion shotties.

You know nothing!

Seriously though high end Hyperion shotties are great because they are automatic and have a crazy fast reload, but if you dont get one with respectable accuracy the entire first of the clip is wasted. The boss ravaging shotgun the Confrence Call is a Hyperion one.

It's funny, the game world and characters are so ludicrous that when Handsome Jack first mentions his "diamond pony" I already took it for a living horse made of diamonds before he though to make the clarification.

Also, Tediore SMGs are insane. I'm on PT2 and underleveled for the story missions I'm doing, and I'm getting by on my PT1 Bee shield and tossing SMGs for 200-400k damage.

Meier

Even with Zer0, my recent favorite gun lately has been a shotgun (since you really only can snipe like 1 guy before the shit hits the fan.. I wish there were silencers). It's double barreled and reloads relatively fast (and I've upgraded his reload speed) and has something like 130% bonus critical damage (which I've also upgraded for him) so it just wrecks guys left and right. If I get a kill, it's essentially an instant reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom