• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just want to say that the Overlook shield mission was absolutely and positively hilarious. Brilliant!

Oh, Dave.

Speaking of elemental weapons. Why did they make shock so worthless. I regret picking up shock weapons now.

They're pretty useful for Stalkers, I guess

Wouldn't have been so bad if they were also effective on robots considering how much you fight them (it sort of makes sense too). Between Corrosive and Fire you don't really need anything else

HoosTrax

Is there a WillowTree editor for this game? I broke a quest.

I quit to main menu to use the reset-to-fast-travel-point exploit after completing the "blow up the race cars" part of the Clan Wars questline, but before the next objective had been added. So it's stuck on the part I had actually completed.

This pistol is awesome. Fully automatic

pXRVH.jpg

Some of my favorite lines in the game, so... quote time! Post yours.

'I'M GONNA GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT! YOU BETTER GOD DAMN SCREAM FOR ME!"

*psycho dies*

"I was almost finished... with my comic collection."

"Pluto's not a planet!"

"I'm gonna play hopscotch in your chest cavity!"

Also, those slow moving lab rats will sometimes yell "OPTIC BLAST!"

Crazy Earl: "hehe, I can't believe somebody actually bought that thing!"

Claptrap: "looks like I bought waaaaaaay too much pizza"

Scooter: "um, Catch a riiiiide?"

Buzzard Pilots: (Ride of the Valkyries)

abundant

TVHM ain't no joke. I just did A Dam Fine Rescue in coop and it was much harder than my first attempt because the game decided to spawn three Super Bad Asses in a row. Fighting a SBA is tougher then fighting most of the bosses. I can't see how anyone can beat TVHM by themselves, unless you get real lucky with the loot drops and spawns.

Insaniac

Does anyone know just how the "Amp shield" works?

I understand everything except the damage, does it add that amount to your damage dealt? or does it factor it into the gun base damage and then calculate it?

best one is:

"CATCH A GUUUUU..... GUH! Never doing that again." -Marcus

Chris R

Hopped on last night to play only to find myself advanced in the story (AND side missions) up to where my friends and me had last been :| Was on the
Rescue Roland
mission and magically jumped up to the
Train
mission. Guess I'll just keep my next character off line 100% of the time so I don't have to worry about skipping stuff I wanted to do solo since my friends usually don't spend as much time exploring as I do in each zone.

Hopped on last night to play only to find myself advanced in the story (AND side missions) up to where my friends and me had last been :| Was on the
Rescue Roland
mission and magically jumped up to the
Train
mission. Guess I'll just keep my next character off line 100% of the time so I don't have to worry about skipping stuff I wanted to do solo since my friends usually don't spend as much time exploring as I do in each zone.

that's why I started a solo character and co-op character. in the first BL I picked up 20 odd quests when i joined a few random games. looks like it's the same deal here

not sure why that would happen though. I bet you can stay online just don't take your solo dude into any co-op games.

TVHM ain't no joke. I just did A Dam Fine Rescue in coop and it was much harder than my first attempt because the game decided to spawn three Super Bad Asses in a row. Fighting a SBA is tougher then fighting most of the bosses. I can't see how anyone can beat TVHM by themselves, unless you get real lucky with the loot drops and spawns.

SBAs die really fast for me as a Siren. I hit them with wrath and they're nearly dead by the time they land. If I shoot them while they're elevated, they don't get a chance to land.

abundant

SBAs die really fast for me as a Siren. I hit them with wrath and they're nearly dead by the time they land. If I shoot them while they're elevated, they don't get a chance to land.

Good to know. I'm going to respec my Siren next time I play. They're one of the few enemies that Ruin doesn't kill instantly.

Chris R

that's why I started a solo character and co-op character. in the first BL I picked up 20 odd quests when i joined a few random games. looks like it's the same deal here

not sure why that would happen though. I bet you can stay online just don't take your solo dude into any co-op games.

Well I was hopeful because the game DID ask me if I wanted to advance through content I had already done in the co-op playing I've done the night before last, but when I started up last night it didn't give me a choice and just completed all that stuff :|

"Badass!!"

Good to know. I'm going to respec my Siren next time I play. They're one of the few enemies that Ruin doesn't kill instantly.

Sorry, I meant Ruin, not wrath. Ruin combined with the right elemental weapon that they're weak to decimates them rather well. They become more of a problem when they're mixed in with other tough mobs though. TVHM is definitely a great bump in difficulty. Whereas I could get away with having a shitty shield in my first playthru, that ain't working now.

McLovin

So I was playing yesterday on ps3 and my game froze up. Started my game up today and it won't go past the first load screen(the one with the borderlands 2 logo). I tried deleting the game data and nothing. So I figured the save file might be corrupt so I tried checking the cloud, but it already loaded up the corrupt file. So am I screwed?
I was level 49 :(

On a side note one of the Marcus vending machines said "catch a guuuuun" pretty funny stuff.

They're pretty useful for Stalkers, I guess

Shotgun or SMG (I suppose a repeater too), use volume fire to break their stealth. You have to switch out to another weapon at that point.

Wouldn't have been so bad if they were also effective on robots considering how much you fight them (it sort of makes sense too). Between Corrosive and Fire you don't really need anything else

For Constructors you can use one to bring their shield down a little quicker before switching to acid.

So I was playing yesterday on ps3 and my game froze up. Started my game up today and it won't go past the first load screen(the one with the borderlands 2 logo). I tried deleting the game data and nothing. So I figured the save file might be corrupt so I tried checking the cloud, but it already loaded up the corrupt file. So am I screwed?
I was level 49 :(

On a side note one of the Marcus vending machines said "catch a guuuuun" pretty funny stuff.

I've been getting a lot of scary disc read errors on boot up of the game (360).

So, tell me if I'm crazy, would it be crazy for me to never play any other non-Borderlands games ever and just stick to this one forever? Just play 1 and 2 with different classes again and again?

That's crazy, right?

McLovin

Those creepy rat men when you place them on fire.... "I smell.... deeeeliciousssssss!"

*shiver*
Commando- got a present for you!
*throws grenade*
Goliath- thank you!
*blows up*

So, tell me if I'm crazy, would it be crazy for me to never play any other non-Borderlands games ever and just stick to this one forever? Just play 1 and 2 with different classes again and again?

That's crazy, right?
I would install the game if I were you.

Gravijah

That's crazy, right?

disc read errors with the game installed?

abundant

Sorry, I meant Ruin, not wrath. Ruin combined with the right elemental weapon that they're weak to decimates them rather well. They become more of a problem when they're mixed in with other tough mobs though. TVHM is definitely a great bump in difficulty. Whereas I could get away with having a shitty shield in my first playthru, that ain't working now.

Ruin doesn't work to good against SBA Loaders, even with a corrosive weapon. It works well enough with SBA Psychos, but SBA Loaders are hard to kill instantly. And yes, shields are real important in TVHM, that's why Ward is a crucial skill for Sirens.

Grisby

Is going to
Hero's Pass
the last mission?

I gotta say I hate how long the night lasts in this game. I feel like most of my play time is spent in the dark considering how long some of my play sessions last.

KarmaCow

If
Hero's Pass
is the last mission, it seems like I'm missing a sidequest. I wanted to finish all of them before beating the game.

KarmaCow

If the sidequest is "Blocked" you won't be able to do it until you beat the game, just an FYI.

There are no other uncompleted missions in my log other than one for what I presume is the final mission. Does the Crawmerax-type optional boss count as a side mission? I haven't encountered that yet.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I can't see how anyone can beat TVHM by themselves, unless you get real lucky with the loot drops and spawns.

I solo'd all of TVHM. It is just a matter of playing it safe and lots of kiting when it throws 3 super badasses at you at once. The ones on the way to the firehawk's lair were the toughest thing I faced in TVHM. Playing Zer0 things got much, much easier once I unlocked death blossom. Opening up with that rips a new one in all of the miniboss-type mobs, usually enough that I can finish them off with a couple shotgun blasts. It kills regular badasses outright.

Xevren

There are no other uncompleted missions in my log other than one for what I presume is the final mission. Does the Crawmerax-type optional boss count as a side mission? I haven't encountered that yet.

It counts as a side mission.

I solo'd all of TVHM. It is just a matter of playing it safe and lots of kiting when it throws 3 super badasses at you at once. The ones on the way to the firehawk's lair were the toughest thing I faced in TVHM.

Same here, it was fun and a bit stressful at times. You can pretty much die instantly so you have to play it safe. At least as Zero anyway. Now the decision as to who I should play next...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Woo just got myself The Bee. The shield is totally OP and now I need to go farm myself some proper weapons. Though I do have a Flakker from the Warrior.

AI Core: DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

It's been awhile since a game made me laugh out loud but that quest takes the cake so far for me.

Ark

What's the AI core gun like? I went for the shield, which was great hearing him say 'No shields boss' every time I lost shields :p

I love tiny tina. They did such a great job with her. My wife is thinking about getting a tattoo of her soon.

i'm seriously feeling like i'm from another planet, i fail to see the appeal, especially to the point of getting a tattoo of the character..its the "hey ash" girl in a 13 year old avatar, the visual only ups the lolita quotent..

i like a lot of her shtick, but what about her voice coming out of a 13 year old girl has people in a frenzy?

on one hand it seems like an odd offshoot of the MOE phenomenon that's gripped Japan and spread to other parts, but then i feel like i'm missing something or maybe i've seen too much in this life to appreciate what it is that clearly makes her so successful.

JoeFu

Banned
Hope your MP frustrations were fixed with that patch late last week.

Can I ask about bugged quests? Any patch or anything? Whats up with Get to Know Jack?!!??!!?!?

sorry for asking like 20 times in this thread, but seriously it's kinda annoying not being able to finish a quest.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Hope your MP frustrations were fixed with that patch late last week.

Did you guys fix the connection issue for the 360? I remember it sometimes being a pain to connect in the game with friends but lately I haven't had a problem at all. I don't remember downloading a patch either.

AkuMifune

Banned
i like a lot of her shtick, but what about her voice coming out of a 13 year old girl has people in a frenzy?

People seem to love or hate her. The GB crew didn't like her at all either, which was odd because it was their site that gave me the story about how it was based off of one of the programmers sisters and she apparently is really quirky like that, I thought it made her seem more believable and real, whereas those that don't like her think she's just 5 cliche's forced into one character.

Megasoum

Banned
It's weird, I never had issues with a constructor, even the badass kind.

I guess it helps to use an explosive assault riffle and a turret that shoots a ton of missiles directly into the red eye lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom