• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Anyone on PS3 have a 50 Conference Call they can give me?

Been farming Warrior forever now and getting poopoo luck.

If you can my PSN is FLNALBOSS

Unicorn

The biggest "problem" I have with the game is the lack of dismemberments. I shoot a guy with my explosive shotgun, get an explosion of blood and gibs but the enemy is still completely intact. In BL1 you could shoot all body parts off.

Is this a bug? It sure looks weird.

---

I am at the mission
"Where Angels Fear to Tread part 2".
How many missions do I have left?

Point blank they'll explode to bits, but head shots don't yeild headless corpses anymore, shock weapons don't turn skulls to shrapnel, exposing brains and eyeballs and teeth, fire and corrosive don't have them flailing until they are caramelized or melted as profoundly as the first.

I think Randy commented about it by saying it was due to releasing it in multiple regions, but with a Russian that some got shoehorned into.

Hopefully a patch or mod will rectify this all. I need my comically over the top Gore for ultimate death-dealing satisfaction

Santiako

massive mutant penis detected
iboeyn4vV1X4Cc.jpg

Gorillaz

Just got to
wildlife preserve damn son

one thing i feel hinders the game is how it sometimed gets a little too caught up in being funny. Like after i did that level
and jack was joking around about plaing a violin for bloodwings death
i felt they were trying too hard

Same with a few other missions. I like the humor as long as they dont go too over board aka saints row 3

gotta love how gaf loved tiny tina then after hearing giantbomb complain about her start hating on her.

cool stuff guys.

ps ; I love her. she speaks like nicki minaj.
then you have poor taste and probably have never seen an episode of "hey ash what ya playin"

people have been hating on Tina since Day 2.

She's always had her defenders as well.

thank you, i didn't know Giant bomb had an opinion on her, too busy playing the game.

Double D

Just got through the Widlife Preserve last night. It really made me realize that I'd like there to be the option to activate multiple quests at a time. Anyways I had the main story quest active and didn't realize I even had another quest in that area. So I was picking up the audio recordings and not realizing that was part of another quest. I finish the story quest and realize I have side quest in the area when I was about to fast travel back to sanctuary. Turns out I had one more recording to get, all the ways at the end of the level. So I literally sprinted through the entire level to grab that. All enemies had respawned and everything. Whatever. I guess I should have been paying more attention.

I've just got the "Chubby" achivement, and the class-specific Gunzerker and Commando achivements left and I'll be at 100% with that.

I'm so sick of reloading Caustic Caverns in the hope that a Chubby spawns.

Ya ill try that. Can the head bobbing be turned off?

Yes. On the PC version at least. I'm sure you can turn it off on the console versions too of course.

Kinda funny how the AI talks of Wilhelm like some super boss. He was almost dead by the time she was telling me that I might have a chance of beating it.

I thought I was a badass when I wiped him out within seconds of spawning too, and then I quickly realized
that Jack designed him to not fight back and to be an easy kill so you'd install his power core into Sanctuary, thus lowering defenses.

Just got through the Widlife Preserve last night. It really made me realize that I'd like there to be the option to activate multiple quests at a time. Anyways I had the main story quest active and didn't realize I even had another quest in that area. So I was picking up the audio recordings and not realizing that was part of another quest. I finish the story quest and realize I have side quest in the area when I was about to fast travel back to sanctuary. Turns out I had one more recording to get, all the ways at the end of the level. So I literally sprinted through the entire level to grab that. All enemies had respawned and everything. Whatever. I guess I should have been paying more attention.

Agreed. Give us at least the option to have objective markers for all quests in an area if we want them. Color them differently etc.

I've just got the "Chubby" achivement, and the class-specific Gunzerker and Commando achivements left and I'll be at 100% with that.

I got that achievement randomly and had no idea what I killed at first because it was a chaotic moment.

Yes. On the PC version at least. I'm sure you can turn it off on the console versions too of course.

Chubby Varkids don't just spawn they have to transform into one.

breakfuss

I'm sure it's been mentioned several times already, but there are easter eggs and pop culture references abound! LOL.

They had me at the
teenage mutant ninja turtle
mission. Oh, and also... when you're in the wildlife preservation area...anyone else notice you fight these scags named
pimon and tumba
. Accuse me of being a simpleton, but this stuff has me rolling.

I'm sure it's been mentioned several times already, but there are easter eggs and pop culture references abound! LOL.

They had me at the
mission. Oh, and also... when you're in the wildlife preservation area...anyone else notice you fight these scags named
pimon and tumba

lol shit i missed that

AkuMifune

Banned
just loaded up my game again and a bunch of trivial quests that were lv18 last night are now lv16. why does this happen?

The number of people in your group?

I'm still spending every day counting the hours until I can get back in and play more. These guns aren't going to find themselves!

Ya ill try that. Can the head bobbing be turned off?

Not from the options, as far as I know. But it can be altered in one of the .ini files. It's an unreal engine game, those things are always easy to change....

try going into:

"Documents/my games/borderlands 2/willowgame/willowgame.ini"

And alter "bob = 0.005" to "bob = 0"

and see if that helps.

Another suggestion I would make is to try and change the field of view. set it to 100 to see if the wider view distance will help reduce motion sickness. This can be done in game in the video settings.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Has any site or thread compiled NM's and bosses to farm for item X (e.g. the Bee Shield), the side quests and easter eggs with valuable and unique pay outs (e.g. the Lord of the Rings purple's chest), and the most efficient loot run locations for any given level?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands...ary_drop_locations_taken_from_strategy_guide/
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150790

Hope your MP frustrations were fixed with that patch late last week.
Actually somehow it worked before the patch even hit lol. But yeah either way glad the patch fixed the issue for everyone.

Also killed Terramorphus like 10 times just now. He's a joke once you have The Bee and any high damage weapon like a shotty. He's only dropped the legendary "Slayer of Terramorphus" class mods. Also all those legendaries got me this legendary skin.

AkuMifune

Banned
They should have a YouTube of people's faces when the first two hit....

I was in a public game last night, no one had said a word...then i hit the etherium jackpot and everyone went batshit. It was amazing.

Got my first Orange last night too, off a named dwarf...one of 7. Handgun though...blarg.

EDIT: oh, yeah...it's there. That's kinda lame I assumed they were random.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
so far she's had like one and a half quests lol what's the big deal it's not like she's got Handsome Jack levels of talking

handsome jack is so rad, man lol he's funny

I mean, she's not horrible and I could grow to like her like I did Claptrap. Don't get me wrong, I love the humor in this game. If that means that I have to face Tiny Tina to have the type of humor in BL2 then so be it!

I mean, she's not horrible and I could grow to like her like I did Claptrap. Don't get me wrong, I love the humor in this game. If that means that I have to face Tiny Tina to have the type of humor in BL2 then so be it!

I know what you mean though. The best thing about Jack (and the comedy highlight of the
Roland/Lilith
ECHOs) is the subtlety in the performances. Tina...doesn't really have that.

I'm wondering if anybody with a PC collectors edition would be willing to create new characters and give me the collectors heads. Each new character should come with a new head. If you want an added incentive I have a ton of oranges I can part with. Pics of what I have are here.

McLovin

So I was playing yesterday on ps3 and my game froze up. Started my game up today and it won't go past the first load screen(the one with the borderlands 2 logo). I tried deleting the game data and nothing. So I figured the save file might be corrupt so I tried checking the cloud, but it already loaded up the corrupt file. So am I screwed?
Looked online and found like 2 other people had the same problem. Not a wide spread issue. I guess I'm just unlucky.
I was almost done with my second play through too. I have no idea what could be done to avoid this.

lol I just crashed the
Zaford wake
using a couple of mirv grenades. What a massacre.

Ha, I went back and did that today also. One legendary grenade did it for me.

I bought this game under the premise that I would trade it in towards Halo 4, I just called Gamestop and the trade in value now is $30 and will be for the next two weeks.

So, what to do with it for two weeks? I'm a 34 and didn't NG+ because I don't know if I can handle playing this non stop again, my girlfriend will kill me.

Spy

Found a Sniper Rifle (PS3) level 24 that does 1866 damage with +65% Weapon Damage. I'm level 29 doing 60,000 damage with Deception+Headshot. Ridiculous.

Atruvius

On Steam under properties there are two betas selectable: sigma and iota. Both ask for a password.

Wonder what those betas are for...

Dayumn. I hope I'm not being stitched up.

i beat the game around level 33 in my first play through, never found a single orange :(

I had better luck in Diablo 3

But I think the first game was the same way... At least I seemed like i was getting a steady stream of better equipment

nel e nel

They had me at the
pimon and tumba

Did you find
Splinter
as well in that quest?

The thing I like about the references is they are almost subliminal. They are just there and there is no big fanfare or anything. You can miss a lot of them if you're not paying attention.

Naite

After some horrible results farming the warrior and terra, I finally switched characters. I knew Salva was short, but the switch from Zero to him was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom