• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Later on today I'm going to try Marcus' Refund quest in the Blight. I need three other brave souls to help me. What I want to do is have them scattered throughout the area, so when I pick up the goods and the timer goes off, we'll have two done right off the bat.

Raide

Just started my Salvador...Gunzerking is nuts! Gearbox did a great job of making each class feel really fresh and different to play with.

Sanctuary

So, for a Siren, is there not a shotgun upgrade from
Moxxi's Heartbreaker
until NG+? I've found a handful of "decent" blues since that, but none of them are better as far as raw "DPS" goes due to it's firing speed as well as the combined fire damage. I am level 33 and still use it as my go to shotgun. It's kind of ridiculous.

So, for a Siren, is there not a shotgun upgrade from
Moxxi's Heartbreaker
until NG+? I've found a handful of "decent" blues since that, but none of them are better as far as raw "DPS" goes due to it's firing speed as well as the combined fire damage. I am level 33 and still use it as my go to shotgun. It's kind of ridiculous.

This and all its variants are your best bet. It drops from the last story mission boss.
1024x639.resizedimage

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just making sure I have this straight - before you beat playthrough 2 and everything jumps up to level 50 all the quests have set levels, correct? I know on playthrough 2 I should not do anything but story quests so that all the quests are at level 50 once I beat it but on playthrough 1 I shouldn't be worrying about when I pick up a quest, right?

HoosTrax

Wait, so they nerfed the gore for everyone in the world because Germany and Oz can't handle it? Why wouldn't they just do what everyone else does, and give those countries the nerfed version.

Lakitu

st5fu
So I take it my Bandit Slaughter: Round 1 quest has glitched?

I died the first time on the last wave because I was foolish and wanted to headshot all the goliaths so they could fight each other. The second time (I leveled up to 25) I cleared a wave and nothing happens, no new waves / enemies so I killed myself and now I cleared the first wave and I assume the second wave but no new enemies again.

What twitter account did they originally show up his or the official Gearbox one?

The last round were from his twitter, but he said there would be future codes tweeted from the official gearbox one. This one looks like it's gonna be from his though. I turned on mobile notifications for both just to be sure

e: looks like these codes are gonna be unlimited use, but only active for about 30 minutes

Just beat it.

Last section before last boss was a pain in the ass.

LMAO I didn't know
that Randy Pitchford voiced Crazy Earl

Amazing.

Cels

Other PC players - is it just me or does the UI still reek of consoleness, i.e. no standard accomodations were made for menu navigation via mouse, instead it feels like they expect you to navigate using keyboard (hovering with the mouse doesn't work the way i expect it to)

Megasoum

Banned
PC code gave me two keys. Sweet.

You sure it gave you two keys or you just don't have a total of 2 keys? It gives you your nwe total when you load into the game after redeeming.

I only got one extra key for a total of 2 keys (including the one I already had).

Brizzo24

Playing on Xbox 360.

Love it so far. I'm playing as Salva, the Zerker. However, I have un-placed skill tree points and I don't know where to put 'em. I favored Hard to Kill (health restores, which is fucking vital if you ask me) and Filled to the Brim (increase magazine size and ammo capacity all around.)

Any advice on where to "tree up" next? All the other ones seem pretty trivial to me. i.e. "A chance to NOT consume ammo" Ok...

ALSO, how do you know what guns you enter Gunzerking Mode? For example, I have an SMG in slot one (up arrow) an Assault Rifle in slot two (left arrow) and a Shotgun in slot 3 (down arrow). I figure it's the current gun you hold and the last one you switched from. However that's not the case. Anyone figure it out yet?

Wallach

You sure it gave you two keys or you just don't have a total of 2 keys? It gives you your nwe total when you load into the game after redeeming.

I only got one extra key for a total of 2 keys (including the one I already had).

It gave me two, I have six total now. For some reason it shows two offers completed after putting in the key that have the same time stamp from when I put in the code.

Raide

Wait, so they nerfed the gore for everyone in the world because Germany and Oz can't handle it? Why wouldn't they just do what everyone else does, and give those countries the nerfed version.

I am not noticing any gore reduction. Shoot with a shotgun and things explode in tasty chunks. I only noticed when my PhysX was set to Medium and Above.

I wish I could find as good Jakobs assault rifle. I've been using this explosive assault rifle for a while... and it's pretty fucking good.... like 1110 damage or something for my level 31 Axton (got it when I was level 27 I think)... but I really like the look and feel of Jakobs guns. POP POP POP DEAD BITCH.

Just redeemed a ps3 code. So have it at. They're still up.

I am not noticing any gore reduction. Shoot with a shotgun and things explode in tasty chunks. I only noticed when my PhysX was set to Medium and Above.

There's noticeable gore reduction. They've already come out and said that there is and its cause of the reason stated above. It's an odd thing to gripe about, but I do find my self missing it. Sniping doesn't have that same POP to it.

Raide

Just redeemed a ps3 code. So have it at. They're still up.

There's noticeable gore reduction. They've already come out and said that there is and its cause of the reason stated above. It's an odd thing to gripe about, but I do find my self missing it. Sniping doesn't have that same POP to it.

Ahh I see. Maybe I have not been noticing it as much. :D Shot-gunning midgets can get real messy. :p

Sanctuary

This and all its variants are your best bet. It drops from the last story mission boss.

Do orange/gold weapons only drop in multiplayer? I've farmed the hell out of various bosses and have yet to see a single one (even farmed
Dukino's Mom
for about six hours. Nice drops and a few upgrades all around, but no legendary or whatever they are called in this. Ironically, not even ten minutes after my first post, finally a purple shotgun dropped. Not sure if it's better for the Siren, but it's pretty awesome in general. It's 587 x 7, and +75% critical damage, shoots twice before having to reload, but the reload is super fast. Seems more like a Zero weapon though.

abundant

Do orange/gold weapons only drop in multiplayer? I've farmed the hell out of various bosses and have yet to see a single one (even farmed
Dukino's Mom
for about six hours. Nice drops and a few upgrades all around, but no legendary or whatever they are called in this. Ironically, not even ten minutes after my first post, finally a purple shotgun dropped. Not sure if it's better for the Siren, but it's pretty awesome in general.

No, but the chances to get better loot is higher in coop.

My first and only Legendary weapons (2) were found in coop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom