• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

If you go back and kill a boss and he drops an orange in PT1, does it scale to your level, or is that just PT2.5?

It'll scale to the level of the boss in either case; enemies in PT1 will scale with the player up to a certain point, whereas all enemies in PT2 will (eventually) scale up to 50+.

I thought people might be interested in knowing that the last story mission boss will always drop a legendary when killed during the last quest. I've done the fight by myself on three separate occasions and four more times with other people. The boss has always dropped an orange when the kill was specifically done for the purpose of finishing the story.

Do you mean
Jack and the Warrior
?

Three of us beat em for the first time last night and got no legendary. I was kinda mad that
Jack's mask
was a drop and not a quest reward also..

Do you mean
Jack and the Warrior
?

Three of us beat em for the first time last night and got no legendary. I was kinda mad that
Jack's mask
was a drop and not a quest reward also..

Yes I do. Then you missed the legendary or somebody picked it up and didn't realize what they had. I've tested the theory out and its been confirmed by several people on the gearbox forums. Considering the nature of how the loot spreads out all over the place it can be really easy to miss, but I promise this is the case.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It could have been under the corpse or in the lava. I've done that battle about 30 times now and loot flies EVERYWHERE.

If I ever see a legendary trapped under the body where I can't get to it I might just crack. Bad enough that I've taken to swimming in magma for blues and purples.

It could have been under the corpse or in the lava. I've done that battle about 30 times now and loot flies EVERYWHERE.

If I ever see a legendary trapped under the body where I can't get to it I might just crack. Bad enough that I've taken to swimming in magma for blues and purples.

This actually happened in the last run I did. You can force the body to disappear by leaving the area and then running all the way back around. Its important you don't quit the game or then everything will disappear and the boss respawn.

zulfate

i went in to a random game and as soon as everyone ninja the shit out of these blue items i just left....how hard would it be for gearbox to implement the feature for instance loot?

Woo-Fu

Banned
i went in to a random game and as soon as everyone ninja the shit out of these blue items i just left....how hard would it be for gearbox to implement the feature for instance loot?

how hard would it be for you to play with/make some friends?

When you say quit do you mean save/quit or are you reloading your prebattle save?

I tried to farm them but messed it up somehow.

I mean don't quit your specific instance of the game. If you go back into the main menu where you can select a character and join matchmaking then all the items dropped will be gone forever. In this instance I specifically mean take the door back to
Eridium Blight
and then run through
Hero's Pass
. When you get back to the boss room the body will be gone, but the loot still there.

I don't know how far you are in the game, but at some point blues stop mattering for a lot of people. I basically just loot whatever I run into unless its a purple,e-tech, or orange. There exception of course I tend to go over blues before I vendor them in case somebody might need them. It seems that's how most people behave on PC at least. My point is maybe just mention what it is exactly you are looking for and people will probably let you know if they find something. In regards to adding some kind of need before greed system I imagine it would be kind of hard since its kind of difficult to determine what exactly a specific class and build requires. For example I play a Cunning Zer0 and a lot of the Cunning mods have pistol modifiers, but I don't really use pistols with that build I mostly stick to shotguns.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

This should be required for loot games going forward now. My friends and I were very disappointed this wasn't done.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Also, why the fuck does my copy try to install itself everytime I try to play the game. You're already installed. Now it hangs at 1% and comes back with a "server too busy" error. WTF is this garbage? >=(

FINALBOSS

Banned
I mean don't quit your specific instance of the game. If you go back into the main menu where you can select a character and join matchmaking then all the items dropped will be gone forever. In this instance I specifically mean take the door back to
Eridium Blight
and then run through
Hero's Pass
. When you get back to the boss room the body will be gone, but the loot still there.

I don't know how far you are in the game, but at some point blues stop mattering for a lot of people. I basically just loot whatever I run into unless its a purple,e-tech, or orange. There exception of course I tend to go over blues before I vendor them in case somebody might need them. It seems that's how most people behave on PC at least. My point is maybe just mention what it is exactly you are looking for and people will probably let you know if they find something. In regards to adding some kind of need before greed system I imagine it would be kind of hard since its kind of difficult to determine what exactly a specific class and build requires. For example I play a Cunning Zer0 and a lot of the Cunning mods have pistol modifiers, but I don't really use pistols with that build I mostly stick to shotguns.

Wayyy too long of a run to run back to the Warriors room just to see if loot is under him--and that's not counting enemies respawning (especially if you're just exiting the game and reloading right before him to farm him). It's complete bullshit.

Also, from what I've been reading, your chances for a legendary go up exponentially if you farm him with his quest active--course I had no idea of that so now I'm farming him with no quest active and it sucks balls. A legendary dropped on my first kill of him in True Vault Hunter mode (and it got stuck under his body of course). So I did the corpse run back to get his body to disappear and the game wouldn't load his Vault so I lost that one.

They need to fix his loot shit, ASAP.

I'm looking for somebody to continue TVH mode with. I just finished the quest to
rescue Roland
. I don't really mind jumping ahead or starting at a point a little before. Just message me on Steam I'm messing around in game right now. My Steam ID.

Megasoum

Banned
Well god damn... It took me almost 2 weeks and I had to get to level 31 but I finally managed to finish the stupid round 5 of the Bandit Slaughterhouse lol.... Omg this was the worst thing for me. Some people have problems with Constructors, I have problems with that stupid round 5 hahaha.

Glitch?

Random money drops from wave four of bandit slaughter dome.

::100 bucks::

::90 bucks::

::110 bucks::

::17 million fucking dollars::

"Wait what"

Yeah. It was weird. The guy who picked it up got 17 Million, one friend got 4, I got 1.7, and the final friend got a grand total of fuck all.

The first guy topped me and the latter dude up to 4M a piece but now he's rolling around with 10M.

We are level 20.

If only there was a way to store currency in the bank. :(

catabarez

Yeah. It was weird. The guy who picked it up got 17 Million, one friend got 4, I got 1.7, and the final friend got a grand total of fuck all.

The first guy topped me and the latter dude up to 4M a piece but now he's rolling around with 10M.

We are level 20.

If only there was a way to store currency in the bank. :(

Only one thing that can be done.

Gamble.

CTE

Use right control for sprint (I'm left handed. Don't make me explain my key layout) and it keeps losing it's function in game. Like I press it and it just gives me nothing I go into key binds and it won't let me bind the right control key until I exit the game and restart it from desktop. It'll work for random amounts of time, too.

So it must be me pressing some hotkey combo maybe? Never had this issue before.

So frustrating to lose your ability to run at shitty times like fighting a boss or outrunning a badass loot goliath.

Megasoum

Banned
Where do I need to go for the Monster Mash Part 3 quest? I'm right on the spot where the map tells me to go in Frostburn Canyon but there's nothing there.

Hmm. proceeding smoothly through TVHM...and I can't say it's any more difficult than Normal mode. Yea, enemy damage has scaled up, but my shields, health and weapons have scaled equally.

I'm not complaining. I just expected it would be a wee bit more difficult for some reason. Maybe I'm wrong and enemies are taking more time to kill...but the only times I've landed in Fight-4-yer-life mode has been when I've been surrounded and not paying attention. Those rapid skags drop XP like candy, man. I feel like I could just farm those for a couple more levels. lol

Yes I do. Then you missed the legendary or somebody picked it up and didn't realize what they had. I've tested the theory out and its been confirmed by several people on the gearbox forums. Considering the nature of how the loot spreads out all over the place it can be really easy to miss, but I promise this is the case.

This is incorrect. I've soloed it twice, no legendary on PT1.

Where do I need to go for the Monster Mash Part 3 quest? I'm right on the spot where the map tells me to go in Frostburn Canyon but there's nothing there.

You have to go off to the left in the cave, down the path with the shallow water. Once you get to the end you do a U-turn and its straight ahead

Avinexus

Hmm. proceeding smoothly through TVHM...and I can't say it's any more difficult than Normal mode. Yea, enemy damage has scaled up, but my shields, health and weapons have scaled equally.

I'm not complaining. I just expected it would be a wee bit more difficult for some reason. Maybe I'm wrong and enemies are taking more time to kill...but the only times I've landed in Fight-4-yer-life mode has been when I've been surrounded and not paying attention. Those rapid skags drop XP like candy, man. I feel like I could just farm those for a couple more levels. lol

It gets harder near the end of the story missions if you are skipping all of the side quests. I am right at the
BNK3R
fight and everything is three levels above me. I might have to complete a couple side quests or grind somewhere to level up. Constructors are a royal pain in the ass at this point.

Here I thought Motion + Cataclysm was a powerful combo for a Siren, but Motion + Harmony is just as deadly. The increased damage, firing rate and reload speed of guns while enemies are Phaselocked is crazy good. With a 30% cooldown speed from the Motion tree, and an extra 25% from a Class Mod... @_@

Add in Convergence and Sweet Release, I'm basically untouchable in TVHM. SMGs wreck in this game with my build.

It gets harder near the end of the story missions if you are skipping all of the side quests. I am right at the
BNK3R
fight and everything is three levels above me. I might have to complete a couple side quests or grind somewhere to level up. Constructors are a royal pain in the ass at this point.

that'd be it. I never skip side missions, so I'm never under-leveled going into major fights.

So I have to say, even though it's vastly improved over the original game, the weapon randomization is still a bit disappointing considering what was hyped up.

Megasoum

Banned
WTF... So I'm in the Arid Nexus and I have to
go to the Pumping Station

Why does suddenly all the ennemis two shot me? They also kill me during my second wind? Like the bar doesn't have time to go all the way down and I just respawn... I didn't even knew it was possible to do that.

Seriously wtf!? I died 5 times just to get from the checkpoint to the pump controls...

WTF... So I'm in the Arid Nexus and I have to
go to the Pumping Station

Why does suddenly all the ennemis two shot me? They also kill me during my second wind? Like the bar doesn't have time to go all the way down and I just respawn... I didn't even knew it was possible to do that.

Seriously wtf!? I died 5 times just to get from the checkpoint to the pump controls...

are you a lower level than the mission?

can you snipe them from afar?

zulfate

how hard would it be for you to play with/make some friends?

well it is kinda hard none of my friends have got the game yet....do you want to be friends *puppy eyes*

i try but noone replies or says anything, now i have gotten in a game were people did talk and yes i said to the zero guy if he is using snipers anything i find i will trade.

This should be required for loot games going forward now. My friends and I were very disappointed this wasn't done.

i have a feeling they will add it in! please!

well it is kinda hard none of my friends have got the game yet....do you want to be friends *puppy eyes*

i try but noone replies or says anything, now i have gotten in a game were people did talk and yes i said to the zero guy if he is using snipers anything i find i will trade.

i have a feeling they will add it in! please!

Are you playing on PC?

I've noticed that the PC crowd tends to foster a more mature crowd. Usually, as long as you state up front what your intentions are, most people play nice. I wouldn't play this without voice chat with my team mates(via in game, mumble, ventrillo, etc).

zulfate

Sure, if you have a level 50. ;)
:( no level 33 axton
Are you playing on PC?

I've noticed that the PC crowd tends to foster a more mature crowd. Usually, as long as you state up front what your intentions are, most people play nice. I wouldn't play this without voice chat with my team mates(via in game, mumble, ventrillo, etc).

yes sir i am on pc and yes i do notice pc crowds are nicer people. but the loot whore in us all cant be stopped! lol

my name is zulfate on steam by the way

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I concur. For a co-op game it sure feels like I have to do a lot of competing with my friends for a fair share of the loot.
This honestly makes no sense. If you want to share, then share. The game isn't forcing you to be greedy.

:( no level 33 axton

yes sir i am on pc and yes i do notice pc crowds are nicer people. but the loot whore in us all cant be stopped! lol

my name is zulfate on steam by the way
It's funny as I play with 2 people regularly and 1 is fine. We'll leave shit on the ground clear out the are and divvy out the loot. The other? He loots everything blue and up instantly. I asked him who has turned him into such a loot grubbing sourpuss? He said, a friend and him played BL1 and he learned from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom