• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Hmm I guess I wasn't paying enough attention in either of my playthroughs - what was the big revelation regarding Wilhelm?

I'm taking a guess here but...

Jack wanted the player to kill Wilhelm so he could give Wilhelm's power core to the Sanctuary crew?

HoosTrax

Jack wanted the player to kill Wilhelm so he could give Wilhelm's power core to the Sanctuary crew?
Oh just that? I thought everyone was referring to some massive revelation about the nature of Wilhelm as a character that I was't aware of.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Oh yeahhhh, I think I remember now.

Right after you put the power core in, Jack uses Angel to lower the shield and attempts to destroy Sanctuary.

I assume the revelation they're talking about is
that Wilhelm was basically sent to die so that you would grab the power core and install it, thus crippling Sanctuary's defenses. Wilhelm was built up to be this super tough enemy but when you actually fight him he goes down pretty easily and everyone is really surprised

This game really gets you for being underleved. Where in BL1 you could sort of brute force your way through some tougher bosses, I got caught on the first Thresher and had to come back after leveling up 3 or 4 more times (I was at 13 at the time).

How do you brute force your way through a boss?

Everyone seems to have mixed opinions about the difficulty. Some say it's too easy, some it's too hard. I thought it was just fine. I know that I leveled past some of the quests, but chose to do them anyways because I thought they were fun. I find the difficulty to be just about right. I don't hold Gearbox accountable if I choose to ignore a quest to do other things and then go back later and do them overpowered.

This is one of those, you can't please everyone kinda games. Being underleveled definitely makes for a challenge. I tried to fight *mid game spoiler boss*
BNK4R
underleveled and got my ass handed to me. I had to respect differently and managed to do it without grinding out a few levels.

My God, The Bee is fucking ridiculous.

My SMG is hitting for like 6k per bullet. If I can keep my shields up I can melt everything in about 3s

I came across a Badass Constructor and I was like, "Oh shit, a Badass Constructor"

A couple rifle burs later it was dead

I think the games relatively fine, difficulty wise. I just get annoyed at the 2nd wind bullshit where if you go down too many times it just scrolls through it at an impossible speed. That is fucking so god damn annoying, it's not my fucking fault you spawned three fucking black hole threshers in the same bloody spot you stupid fucking game.

So, to sum up, fuck the caustic caverns.

Actually no, seriously, fuck the caustic caverns. The first fucking time I went down there I would go through the first little tunnel and this fucking badass pyre thresher the size of fucking zeus would show up, turn my turret into fucking dribbled shit and then proceed to rip my fucking guts in half. I probably died trying different ways to take him down about 10 times before I decided "FUCK YOU I'M COMING BACK IN 5 LEVELS WITH BIGGER GUNS AND I'M GONNA RAM BULLETS SO FAR UP YOUR ASS YOU'LL BE COUGHING OUT LEAD"

Then I finally go back there AND THE FUCKER NEVER EVEN SHOWS UP ANYMORE. FUCK YOU caverns for TAKING AWAY MY GOD DAMN REVENGE.

And fuck blackhole threshers. Fuck 'em.

demolitio

Hey, how's the game doing sales-wise? Any word?

I mean, I'm sure it's successful. Just curious about the numbers if any. Did it sell a bajillion copies?

I hope to hell it sells more copies than there are guns in this game. They deserve it for first making a new IP with a risky concept and then following that with a sequel that literally expands on every little aspect of the first game and then fixes all the flaws people pointed out while making the story more coherent with a main villain and goal but 1000x funnier than the first. I could go on more, but I really hope this game sells well. It deserves it in a generation where new IP's are risky and seem to only last one game while Borderlands survived and grew into a superb gamers' game with BL2.

I don't recall ever physically laughing out loud in a game until this one. My friend and I have lost it at a few points because this game pushes the humor farther than other games and doesn't hold back. It surprises you a lot, especially a certain Scooter mission...lol

Jonm1010

Banned
How do you brute force your way through a boss?

Everyone seems to have mixed opinions about the difficulty. Some say it's too easy, some it's too hard. I thought it was just fine. I know that I leveled past some of the quests, but chose to do them anyways because I thought they were fun. I find the difficulty to be just about right. I don't hold Gearbox accountable if I choose to ignore a quest to do other things and then go back later and do them overpowered.

This is one of those, you can't please everyone kinda games. Being underleveled definitely makes for a challenge. I tried to fight *mid game spoiler boss*
BNK4R
underleveled and got my ass handed to me. I had to respect differently and managed to do it without grinding out a few levels.
I'm at level 19 right now and am dying left and right.

I wouldn't say it's dark sould tough but I went from dominating everyone by running in guns blazing and throwing my turret down to now having to rethink my strategy and start by picking guys off from a distance and then moving in.

It's certainly kept my interest that's for sure. And I wouldn't mind it staying this way.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think the games relatively fine, difficulty wise. I just get annoyed at the 2nd wind bullshit where if you go down too many times it just scrolls through it at an impossible speed. That is fucking so god damn annoying, it's not my fucking fault you spawned three fucking black hole threshers in the same bloody spot you stupid fucking game.

Actually no, seriously, fuck the caustic caverns. The first fucking time I went down there I would go through the first little tunnel and this fucking badass pyre thresher the size of fucking zeus would show up, turn my turret into fucking dribbled shit and then proceed to rip my fucking guts in half. I probably died trying different ways to take him down about 10 times before I decided "FUCK YOU I'M COMING BACK IN 5 LEVELS WITH BIGGER GUNS AND I'M GONNA RAM BULLETS SO FAR UP YOUR ASS YOU'LL BE COUGHING OUT LEAD"

Then I finally go back there AND THE FUCKER NEVER EVEN SHOWS UP ANYMORE. FUCK YOU caverns for TAKING AWAY MY GOD DAMN REVENGE.

Sounds like someone needs a good shotgun.

legbone

Sounds like someone needs a good shotgun.

oh shit. i never even thought of that. threshers have all those crit zones (i have zero's bore skill so i can see them) on the side of their heads. i never thought of that for some reason. those things are just asking for a shotgun blast. i don't normally carry a shotgun but i think i will now if only for those fucking threshers.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I never 'fought' threshers in my 60 hours playing. I drove past them, lobbed explosive barrels, or shot them in the face twice with a shotty and moved on.

Caustic Caverns isn't that interesting so I just bolted for the quest since I knew the area already. Cystalisks die in 3 shotgun blasts so they aren't a problem either.
Fuck that, rocket launcher to the god damn face. Always carry a rocket launcher.
I started to in Playthrough 2 sometimes. Then I got broke from buying grenades that cost $9,500 and rocket ammo that costs $24,000.
Helps if your launcher does 50,000 or 180,000 damage a shot with 6 clipsize.

I have no idea how much ammo costs in this game, I just click "BUY BUY BUY BUY" till the little numbers are the same and then I go shoot more stuff.

demolitio

I never 'fought' threshers in my 60 hours playing. I drove past them, lobbed explosive barrels, or shot them in the face twice with a shotty and moved on.

Caustic Caverns isn't that interesting so I just bolted for the quest since I knew the area already. Cystalisks die in 3 shotgun blasts so they aren't a problem either.

I started to in Playthrough 2 sometimes. Then I got broke from buying grenades that cost $9,500 and rocket ammo that costs $24,000.
Helps if your launcher does 50,000 or 180,000 damage a shot with 6 clipsize.

I'm happy because I got a legendary rocket launcher at level 26 that does 4300x6 damage with the multi kill text so it only costs 1 rocket per shot and it holds a shitload. It's my go-to weapon now for 5 levels anytime I face a badass or a boss because it takes them down in two clicks of a button at this point. Second wind is a piece of cake since I just randomly fire at a group and know I'll at least get 1 kill out of it and it usually ends up taking them all out anyway...

Shrennin

Probably, but it's not exactly been a stellar year. The only game that will dethrone it is Halo 4. But it might not since it's only on one console. Although 70 percent of Borderlands 2 sales were on 360.

Blops 2 isn't releasing at the end of this year?

Shrennin

Oops, I always forget about that series(probably because it doesn't register anywhere on my interest meter). Yeah, it wins easily.

Yeah, honestly, the only way I remembered it was when you just mentioned BL2 and Halo 4 as possible GotY contenders. I was thinking there had to be at least one other series releasing this year that would also be a contender - then I thought of Blops 2.

Halo 4 and BL2 have my interest far more than Blops 2 could ever hope to grab it but sales wise it's guaranteed to outsell Halo 4 and BL2.

Wait. So they won't be active as soon as he posts them, but rather 2 hours after? That. Sucks.

Win PC: C3WBT-6BZF9-FBJBJ-B3JJJ-BB53S
X360: K3K3T-H6B5F-J6FBX-563J3-BSHZX
PS3: K3K3T-H6B9B-R9BCT-935J3-BSHS6

Activate shortly after 2am CDT

is this caps lock sensitive?

and also, i play split screen co-op with a friend, can i use the code for my account, and for his account? (since both of us have separate shift accounts)

Well, I'm actually here for this once so I guess I'll give it a shot. Was saving my one gold key for 50, but I guess I'll pop this extra in right now.

FStop7

Banned
Cool, now I have 3 golden keys. If I get another one this weekend then I'll use it immediately, otherwise I'm saving these until I get closer to level 50.

Krilekk

Banned

Rage mode? The pyro thresher annoyed me as well. Had to jump over a wall to get past him after trying for a dozen times to kill him. I managed to kill him yesterday when he showed up somewhere in the Highlands.

Krilekk

Banned
Cool, now I have 3 golden keys. If I get another one this weekend then I'll use it immediately, otherwise I'm saving these until I get closer to level 50.

Seriously, use them all now. There is no right time for them, by the time you reach level 50 you'll have legendary weapons and items that destroy anything the chest can give you.

Shrennin

Just redeemed my 360 code! I now have 3 codes - I used my code I got earlier today at level 20 and got stuck with two purple class mods that I couldn't use (one was for commando, the other was for gunzerker).

the codes must be entered in game only? ~,~

Yeah, unfortunately.

Rage mode? The pyro thresher annoyed me as well. Had to jump over a wall to get past him after trying for a dozen times to kill him. I managed to kill him yesterday when he showed up somewhere in the Highlands.

I just did the mine cart pushing mission on NG+ at level 40 and super badass pyre thresher was in the way. Died 4 times before I finally got him. Holy hell. Dropped some shitty green item too. Booo.

Raide

Was playing my new Zerker, got to the Bullymongs in the first area and there was a badass one. Died 3 or 4 times before I could whittle it down. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom