• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is incorrect. I've soloed it twice, no legendary on PT1.

I've just done the boss six more times. He has dropped a legendary every single time except once where he purple quality head, which may account for the discrepancy. Are you people who say you didn't find anything find a purple head instead? Legendary gear and purple none quest related heads seem to be interchangeable in the loot table. If people don't believe I can prove it I have made several save right before the item drops.

Nome

It upsets me that there's a loading tip that says something to the likes of "Friend ninja-loot you? Start a trade and then duel for it!"

Yes, because someone who ninja-loots is totally going to accept a trade and duel.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Was there an update? I've been playing for 2 weeks on my PS3 and never had any problem.

Nope no update.

I've been playing literally non-stop and just the past few hours it started.

I hit 50 the other day and just started farming hardcore today. Just got done with my first Terramorphous kill and on the way back it just kept freezing at the checkpoint before I even got to the travel hub. 5 times in a row now.

Doing that rebuild database thing from the debug menu atm.

Grisby

Oh my god, I just died of laughter.

Last mission spoilers,
So Claptrap is going to open that door aw yeah! And then! Stairs! NNNNNOOOOOO. Oh man, poor little guy. Such a great build up.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Last mission spoilers,
So Claptrap is going to open that door aw yeah! And then! Stairs! NNNNNOOOOOO. Oh man, poor little guy. Such a great build up.
One of my favorite moments in the game. :-D

Oreoleo

This honestly makes no sense. If you want to share, then share. The game isn't forcing you to be greedy.

I don't know how I can make it more clear. I'll be finishing up enemies in an area while they run around looking for gun chests and I end up with leftovers.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how I can make it more clear. I'll be finishing up enemies in an area while they run around looking for gun chests and I end up with leftovers.
Then ask them to share? I don't get the problem. If your friends don't share, that's not the game's fault.

MrDaravon

I've just done the boss six more times. He has dropped a legendary every single time except once where he purple quality head, which may account for the discrepancy. Are you people who say you didn't find anything find a purple head instead? Legendary gear and purple none quest related heads seem to be interchangeable in the loot table. If people don't believe I can prove it I have made several save right before the item drops.

I think the issue is that they either need to make the boss' body disappear, or fix how his loot drops. I've killed him about 6 times, got the purple head the first time and that's it. No visible purple head duplicates OR legendaries a single time, and we've looked. I haven't tried running all the way back to check again when his body vanishes, but even if I was so inclined fuck that because that's ridiculous.

I think the issue is that they either need to make the boss' body disappear, or fix how his loot drops. I've killed him about 6 times, got the purple head the first time and that's it. No visible purple head duplicates OR legendaries a single time, and we've looked. I haven't tried running all the way back to check again when his body vanishes, but even if I was so inclined fuck that because that's ridiculous.

The head isn't
Jack's Mask
it seems to be any of the ones that are in the generic Badass loot tables.

Oreoleo

Then ask them to share?

TBQH I don't think I should have to. There aren't exactly a lot of pink/purple/orange guns to go around so when someone gets one I'm not gonna be the guy to beg for it from them. It's not a huge deal because there's always more loot but it's certainly souring my experience. And it's compounded by the fact that instanced loot would take care of the problem entirely.

FINALBOSS

Banned
God damn, it ended up moving underneath a platform so it's not even possible to get now.

Ya forgot to mention that.

My final kill for TVHM he dropped a legendary for me but it was stuck under his body.

So I did the whole run back thing and the game froze on me loading into his chamber area. GG2me.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Welp I got around the freezing checkpoint...but it's still being VERY finnicky.

The spinning weapons are starting to stutter towards the end of loading and that purple swirlie loading screen is starting to freeze when it goes completely white--but then it finishes loading.

It might be my PS3 being a horse shit since it sounds like a jet engine these days--I might need a new one :(

Xevren

Ya forgot to mention that.

My final kill for TVHM he dropped a legendary for me but it was stuck under his body.

So I did the whole run back thing and the game froze on me loading into his chamber area. GG2me.

Well I got a conference call before this run, think that's what it was since I could sorta see it. Would have been sweet getting it twice in a row but whatever.

Welp I got around the freezing checkpoint...but it's still being VERY finnicky.

The spinning weapons are starting to stutter towards the end of loading and that purple swirlie loading screen is starting to freeze when it goes completely white--but then it finishes loading.

It might be my PS3 being a horse shit since it sounds like a jet engine these days--I might need a new one :(

Granted, mine sounded like a jet engine for like 2 years before it finally gave out, but yeah, it sounds like that may be the case. :(

TBQH I don't think I should have to. There aren't exactly a lot of pink/purple/orange guns to go around so when someone gets one I'm not gonna be the guy to beg for it from them. It's not a huge deal because there's always more loot but it's certainly souring my experience. And it's compounded by the fact that instanced loot would take care of the problem entirely.

Why aren't your friends saying, "Yo, I found this [insert item]. Looks like it would be something you'd like"

This isn't Diablo 3, if you aren't going to use an item it's basically trash

I get that kind of courtesy in pub games. What kind of friends are you playing with?

Why aren't your friends saying, "Yo, I found this [insert item]. Looks like it would be something you'd like"

I get that kind of courtesy in pub games. What kind of friends are you playing with?

Seriously, it shouldn't be this hard. Unless you're all playing the same character, with the same skill focus and badass point distrobution, I can't see why four people should be fighting over weapons.

Oreoleo

They do that for class mods, sure. And "something I would like" is a nice shotgun and sniper, something everyone else would like as well. Sometimes they will pick up a new gun and be like "Do you want my old one?" and it's like, no, I don't want your hand-me-downs, but thanks.

Any item you don't use but can sell is potential slot machine cash.

GAF members, btw. I've been playing with a personal friend on the side when he has time and it hasn't been like this at all.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Well I got a conference call before this run, think that's what it was since I could sorta see it. Would have been sweet getting it twice in a row but whatever.

Damn you.

I want a conference call so bad.

Are you farming him with the quest active or not? I must have farmed Warrior 100 times past 2 days and have gotten jack poopy--all I want is a Conference Call too :(.

Granted, mine sounded like a jet engine for like 2 years before it finally gave out, but yeah, it sounds like that may be the case. :(

Yeah it's sounded like this for a few months :(. I haven't been playing it much since D3--just using it for a Netflix machine since May or so.

They do that for class mods, sure. And "something I would like" is a nice shotgun and sniper, something everyone else would like as well. Sometimes they will pick up a new gun and be like "Do you want my old one?" and it's like, no, I don't want your hand-me-downs, but thanks.

Any item you don't use but can sell is potential slot machine cash.

GAF members, btw. I've been playing with a personal friend on the side when he has time and it hasn't been like this at all.

What level are you/the people you play with?

Mid-20's, we just hit Opportunity last night. Like I said, not a huge deal, there will be much better loot down the road. But the system could be better than what it currently is.

yea, I'd prefer a Diablo III system, where everyone sees and can pick up different loot. if people want to trade after that, cool. but at least there isn't a debate or "whoever picks it up first wins" situation.

HoosTrax

I just reached level 50 and used the 5 gold keys I had, here are the results:

1 magenta weapon
6 purple weapons
2 purple shields

The magenta electric SMG is a godsend against Stalkers, especially since I'm playing Maya.

1024x575.resizedimage
1024x575.resizedimage
1024x575.resizedimage
1024x575.resizedimage
1024x575.resizedimage
1024x575.resizedimage

1024x575.resizedimage
1024x575.resizedimage
1024x575.resizedimage

Poyunch

First Legendary. Got it after killing a named Skag around the Wildlife Preservation. It's pretty decent. Instead of being lobbed off and exploding, it homes in on enemies and shoots until it makes contact and then explodes.

FStop7

Banned
Train robbery mission

Is Wilhelm supposed to be a weak ass? Roland and Angel talked this guy up like he was going to be very difficult but I took him down in under 30 seconds.

Mupod

Train robbery mission

Is Wilhelm supposed to be a weak ass? Roland and Angel talked this guy up like he was going to be very difficult but I took him down in under 30 seconds.

Yeah I expected him to like, have a second phase where he'd slap my shit or something.

Maybe it's meant to emphasize that the new characters are a lot stronger than the old?

Edit: I'm aware of the rest of the questline, but still.

Train robbery mission

Yep, same. I used the pistol you get from one of TT's missions, and was like "What? Is that it? This isn't tough at all."

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Last mission spoilers,

That part was great, my friend and I were laughing pretty damn hard.

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic

I will tweet Borderlands 2 SHiFT code before midnight PDT (3am EDT). One redemption per acc't. Code will be active for 2 hours.

Bah, and I'm stuck at work. Oh well, I got the one he tweeted out earlier.

I'm really hoping that Gearbox stays true to their word, and that the DLC is substantiall. This game is so damn fun, I really hadn't been following it at all this year, with the thought that I'd pick it up eventually, but that $36 GMG deal was too good to pass up. And man am I glad I bought it. Soo good. I was expecting good, but not this good.

This game really gets you for being underleved. Where in BL1 you could sort of brute force your way through some tougher bosses, I got caught on the first Thresher and had to come back after leveling up 3 or 4 more times (I was at 13 at the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom