• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to start the game from the beginning with a current character? I'm 15 hours in and for some reason the cutscenes haven't showed up for me even once.

red731

So this game is awesome, loot is everywhere and there is my problem.
I get pretty lost in my backpack(mainly when gambling) at "what the hell should I keep" and if I am gambling, I must take the item and can't gamble again if I won't do so.

Something that would be godsend -

If you point at the weapon, you could mark it as trash via game, not in backpack.

Or if you hold melee, you would swing once and after three second, the weapon would be LIKE taken and instantly thrown away, not getting into inventory.

Imagine the piles of loot@Moxxis.

Yeah, that would be great.

Oreoleo

If you point at the weapon, you could mark it as trash via game, not in backpack.

This is something I would like as well. Having to go into your inventory to mark things as trash is incredibly cumbersome.

They already have it coded into the game to be able to do two different actions on an item/NPC (eg, talking to Claptrap or giving him a high five). Seems like a huge oversight to me that they didn't include a "Pick up as trash" option for loot.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Man this game is so cruel with loot drops for heads/skins. I get more legendary drops than I get heads/skins. Currently trying to farm Henry for every head he drops in normal mode and instead I've only gotten 3 Axton heads and 2 lvl 15 versions of the cradle legendary shield he drops.

red731

Yup. Wanted this so bad.

Seems like a huge oversight to me that they didn't include a "Pick up as trash" option for loot.

Maybe they will add it in some patch down the line. We can do it in backpack, which is in the game, so just map the button to something else, duplicate the code, change two lines, delete rest and we are done.

Also know what stupid timed quest people were talking about is.
Fuck that quest. I ran the
stairs above and not to the quest board...3 seconds. Didn't make it.

Also a single button in the ammo vendor to just fill up every single kind of ammo.

I still laugh when I think about my mistake - ran to the supposed ammo vendor and clicked many times right away. It was weapon vendor.
I was some "dolla bills" lighter.

Edgeward

I would like that if I favorite something for it to not be selectable to be sold in the vendor. The vendor UI someitmes bugs out and I can't move the selected box with my mouse or kb and I would press enter only for it to sell my top weapon which is a favorited item.

Also a single button in the ammo vendor to just fill up every single kind of ammo.

Also, instanced loot.

Conceptor

I would like that if I favorite something for it to not be selectable to be sold in the vendor. The vendor UI someitmes bugs out and I can't move the selected box with my mouse or kb and I would press enter only for it to sell my top weapon which is a favorited item.

Also, instanced loot.
This is that thing I was talking about earlier. I just end up selling a random weapon and then rebuying it to fix the scroll menu.

We finally found Michael during an earlier session, but it turns out only one of us could get the item + achievement off him, so I guess we're gonna continue searching!

Opened the chest, got two interesting grenade mods (was really hoping for shooty shooty guns but oh well). One that goes straight to the enemy, pops into 8 smaller grenades that also go towards whoever is closest. They also leech health. The other one is a fire nade that spins round and round in a fire-y blaze for about 8 seconds. It seemed pretty powerful.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Also, instanced loot.
Seriously its a wonder why this wasn't implemented when like all loot games use it now. It's like impossible to decide who gets what loot when everyone can see loot and there's not even a roll mechanic. No one who picks up loot is going to duel then trade it.

Xanathus

Seriously its a wonder why this wasn't implemented when like all loot games use it now. It's like impossible to decide who gets what loot when everyone can see loot and there's not even a roll mechanic. No one who picks up loot is going to duel then trade it.

Instanced loot wasn't really a thing until Diablo 3 came out with it and Borderlands 2 development started long before that. I'm sure they decided it wasn't worth the time needed to revamp the loot system.

KAOz

Short bus special
Man this game is so cruel with loot drops for heads/skins. I get more legendary drops than I get heads/skins. Currently trying to farm Henry for every head he drops in normal mode and instead I've only gotten 3 Axton heads and 2 lvl 15 versions of the cradle legendary shield he drops.

Tell me about it. Been farming
Bunker
for hours, trying to get ONE Axton head to drop. I haven't gotten anything there yet. Gnyargh.
Might go after Henry aswell after that. Blargh.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Instanced loot wasn't really a thing until Diablo 3 came out with it and Borderlands 2 development started long before that. I'm sure they decided it wasn't worth the time needed to revamp the loot system.
Yeah makes sense it just looks terrible when the 2 other loot games have it implemented.
I hope it can still be patched in then since it is definitely a glaring problem and it makes farming solo preferable versus having to figure out who gets the legendary in co-op.

Bunker
for hours, trying to get ONE Axton head to drop. I haven't gotten anything there yet. Gnyargh.
Yeah I have every Axton head including the SE head but I'm missing 3 which come from that boss,
Warrior,
and
Terramorphus

FINALBOSS

Banned
Sigh.

My game is freezing non-stop in autosave areas now.

Can load into the game, kill The Warrior, then it locks up when I hit the auto-save point :(

4 times in a row now.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Beat this an hour or so ago, think it's a massive improvement over BL1 in pretty much every way, though is still had a couple issues. I became pretty overleveled from sidequests(I was ~27 when I got to Opportunity) so I started skipping them and the game got fairly hard again near the end, though I found the final boss to be a breeze.

Beat this an hour or so ago, think it's a massive improvement over BL1 in pretty much every way, though is still had a couple issues. I became pretty overleveled from sidequests(I was ~27 when I got to Opportunity) so I started skipping them and the game got fairly hard again near the end, though I found the final boss to be a breeze.

Wait 'till the DLC.

Dr. Ned overleveled me so much.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Yeah, they are really going to need to step it up with the DLC bosses.

People found out how to solo Terra way too fast way too quickly.

It's not even much of a strategy. Literally all you have to do is get yourself a Bee shield, a fast firing high dmg weapon like a shotty and the fight becomes a joke. If anything the Bee needs to be nerfed for the fight to not be on farm status without being properly geared.

Autofokus

According to Pitchford, they did it on purpose - playing Diablo 3 even reassured them.

Yeah, whatever.. :(

Wunder

Couple questions on Siren guys, just hit TVHM. How does Chain Reaction work? Are the ricochets guided, or do I have the physically angle them to bounce off into other enemies? I like Ruin, but I wish they would give us some numbers of Blight/Helios/Ruin because I really don't know if its amazing, and I'm feeling a respec to Motion/Harmony.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Couple questions on Siren guys, just hit TVHM. How does Chain Reaction work? Are the ricochets guided, or do I have the physically angle them to bounce off into other enemies? I like Ruin, but I wish they would give us some numbers of Blight/Helios/Ruin because I really don't know if its amazing, and I'm feeling a respec to Motion/Harmony.
Just pick the skills and respec. It's a tiny cost yo.

Drazgul

Bunker

Hah yeah it's a pain alright. I've killed Henry countless of times now, and gotten only one head. I jumped with joy seeing it was a gunzerker one... but it wasn't the one I wanted. I hate those stalkers.

But hey, at least I got Conference Call on my first PT2 Warrior kill - made short work of Terramorphous, even with otherwise mediocre gear. :p

Oh and it cannot be said enough: Goliaths are my favorite enemy in a loooong time, no matter the genre. First of all, they get the best lines (GUNZERKER MAN HAS DOUBLE PLEASURING!) and I love how you can just shoot their helmets off and they'll cause mayhem all over the battlefield (and then there's the midget versions which somehow are even funnier). And if you can get them to God-liath level, they'll drop awesome loot to boot. Fantastic!

abusori

Couple questions on Siren guys, just hit TVHM. How does Chain Reaction work? Are the ricochets guided, or do I have the physically angle them to bounce off into other enemies?

Chain reaction is pretty awesome, some of your bullets will just be going to random enemies near the one you're shooting. If you use say a corrosive weapon, you'll notice enemies near the dude you just shot having a nice acid bath. Makes every phaselock even more deadly. You don't need to do anything special though, no. I do suggest you try converge with this, since it draws enemies closer to the phaselocked target.

Wunder

Chain reaction is pretty awesome, some of your bullets will just be going to random enemies near the one you're shooting. If you use say a corrosive weapon, you'll notice enemies near the dude you just shot having a nice acid bath. Makes every phaselock even more deadly. You don't need to do anything special though, no. I do suggest you try converge with this, since it draws enemies closer to the phaselocked target.

OK cool, gonna stick with Cata for a little while then, until I get Converge.

Jubbly

This and all its variants are your best bet. It drops from the last story mission boss.

1024x639.resizedimage

I got this some time before the last boss and haven't got anything better to date:

neoism

Well I got a conference call before this run, think that's what it was since I could sorta see it. Would have been sweet getting it twice in a row but whatever.

yet definitely one thing this game needs fixed... its has shitty shitty collision detection... I lost an awesome fucking pistol in that one area where you shot the snowman's hand and their is a pistols there for a quest can't remember which one... but my pistol when through the fucking snow wall and was gone. IT WAS AN AWESOME PISTOL...

:(

gearbox fix it pleaase also its a shame about 2.5 ...wish all the quests would open up again....I probably will only try the new class in October...(you can't skip shit! I just can't a make another low level character... 51 hours in first two weeks of release... I shouldn't have done it... a little burnt out I guess...I also feel like their was move variety of guns in the first game... it my be because the first game was soo new... got it for 8 a few days after release... ;) and was blown away. I had the 360 version then. PC is sooooo much better...

How do i select between my last new Nomal Mode Save and my last 2nd Playthrough Save? I have beaten the game and started a new game plus twice with friends, but it always just continues on Normal Mode. I looked through my missions, and all story missions are complete.

I got this some time before the last boss and haven't got anything better to date:

that shotgun is ok- but when you start seeing Tediore shotguns that are 3068 x 20 dmg with 1115 corrosive dmg a sec, and can fire 6 shots (grenade from reload of 5 shots equals a corrosive grenade that does 306K on impact)...then you have a "good" weapon

I have said weapon and have only just gotten to wildlife preserve

Wildlife Preservation

Bloodwing. :( Why Gearbox why. :'( Ugh.

Me and my brother were both Mordy in the last game and afterwards we were just quiet on voice chat for awhile. Was pretty sad.

Then he's like "Why don't they kill Roland or something instead of the cool guys. :(" lol.

:( birdy, that sucks. Sigh.

Legit sad over it.

one85x

How do i select between my last new Nomal Mode Save and my last 2nd Playthrough Save? I have beaten the game and started a new game plus twice with friends, but it always just continues on Normal Mode. I looked through my missions, and all story missions are complete.
Click 'select character' at the bottom of the title screen.

Log4Girlz

I love coming across a badass in the very beginning of the second playthrough and I shoot him with my brand new sniper rifle, more powerful than any I had previously, and its electric so it eats shields, and I'm wearing The Bee...and it takes 5 crit head shots for 30k a pop to take him down.

Seguin

Banned
Anyone else getting little freezes whenever you hit a quicksave spot? I'm playing on 360 and will get these 2-3 second freeze. It's very annoying.

According to Pitchford, they did it on purpose - playing Diablo 3 even reassured them.

Yeah, whatever.. :(

Good for them, i'm glad they went that route. Instanced loot takes the conflict out of co-op, its unrealistic, finding a group that works well together to the extent that ninja looting isn't an issue, is so much more satisfying. Diablo3 and others that do instanced loot just like it exist for people who just want to breeze through the co-op experiencing like a bunch of AI partners.

Wildlife Preservation

Bloodwing. :( Why Gearbox why. :'( Ugh.

Me and my brother were both Mordy in the last game and afterwards we were just quiet on voice chat for awhile. Was pretty sad.

Then he's like "Why don't they kill Roland or something instead of the cool guys. :(" lol.

:( birdy, that sucks. Sigh.

Legit sad over it.

I was not expecting that, either. Handsome Jack is one cruel bastard. Gets even darker as you continue on with the story...

one85x

I do but it says Level 34 Commando Current Mission You Will Die. Story Mission The Talon Of God, which i have completed a couple times now. It seems to keep losing my new game plus saves? Glitch?
Might be. Usually when you've finished selecting your character, it will give the you the prompt to choose which playthrough you want to play.

Man, seeing
Fyrestone
again was a real trip. Everything came rushing back to me.

Good times.

I was doing a mission there the other night and was wondering why the layout seemed so familiar, then I read the name of the place. So awesome.

How many rounds are there in that arena that you come across?

5. And I love how much fun that arena is, but it only serves to remind me of how shitty Gearbox was for ripping one of the arenas out and giving it to Gamestop as a pre-order bonus.

I got a Legendary shield from the final boss my first time through, but was quickly replaced in my early playthrough of TVHM.

Tagging just to be safe.

You get a shield called "Impaler" that shoots out homing corrosive missiles whenever someone shoots you and deals corrosive spike damage to melee attackers.

That's what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom