• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
I didn't get any good loot from the final boss. BOOOOO.

Either that or it fell in an area I couldn't get to.

Tagging just to be safe.

You get a shield called "Impaler" that shoots out homing corrosive missiles whenever someone shoots you and deals corrosive spike damage to melee attackers.

NBtoaster

lol at the second weapon Moxxi gives you!

Unfortunately every weapon given to me is kinda useless because I'm overleveled :(
Don't want to stop doing sidequests because then their rewards will be lame later :\

HoosTrax

So I got that Bee shield that everyone's talking about. Gonna do some experimenting with it after breakfast.

I play Siren though, and with that high of a recharge rate on the shield though, I wonder if the benefit from taking Ward and Inertia is severely reduced.

X360: WB5T3-JS3W6-JRXTX-KR333-FTXBZ
WinPC: CT5TB-H3ZX9-6TTBJ-JT33J-TFJRK
PS3: WB5T3-JS3Z3-RSTWT-SJ533-FTXBT

Good for 2 more hours.

I used the one last night immediately at level 40 and got two pretty mehhhhhhh purple sniper rifles that do no elemental damage. Gonna save this one and the other 2 I have for level 50.

Violater

Just saw and slickdeals and came to post
KuGsj.gif

Got my PC key woot

Twitter annoys me sometimes. As in, I'll refresh the Twitter page on Chrome, but it's clearly not grabbing the latest tweets, which it seems to do when it feels like doing it. I don't know if Twitter clients like Tweetdeck also have this issue.

X360: WB5T3-JS3W6-JRXTX-KR333-FTXBZ
WinPC: CT5TB-H3ZX9-6TTBJ-JT33J-TFJRK
PS3: WB5T3-JS3Z3-RSTWT-SJ533-FTXBT

Yay! Got a key for PS3!
3AQmK.gif
Thanks!

Claude

Catalina's bitch
Nice, got my golden key.

Probably save it for later on when I reach level 50, but I'm really tempted to use one right now (level 38).

HoosTrax

There seems to be a minor bug with the Shift interface, where I sometimes have to do CTRL-V more than once before it actually pastes it in there.

Have you done the Clan War questline yet? Depending on which side you choose, you can very easily and quickly farm a legendary weapon (either pistol or SMG, the SMG at least is insane).

Hm, nah, never heard of that. Farming a weapon doesn't sound legit, though. I just wanna find one. :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Got a key. Sucks that they post the codes so late and are only good for a certain time. I might have ignored this thread until I went to work but thankfully I came back to post and complain about not being able to redeem the late night code :p

I used a key last night too so this makes up for that. I have 2 again!

Finished the game last night. Found the last boss easy enough. Was Lvl 35 Commando. Wow at the
loot. That shit goes everywhere
. Bit messy though and hard to get some stuff. Didn't get any legendary. In fact apparently I only picked one up throughout the entire game, though I don't remember ever seeing it.

Fantastic game though. And quite possibly GOTY!

So what do I do know?

I've only one side quest that I can see that's left to do
second set of arena fights, oh and the Big Monster thing that showed up
. Where do I go to continue leveling up?

Does starting the second playthrough start you off at lvl1 again? I wanna try and level to 50 now.

sophora

Finished the game last night. Found the last boss easy enough. Was Lvl 35 Commando. Wow at the
. Bit messy though and hard to get some stuff. Didn't get any legendary. In fact apparently I only picked one up throughout the entire game, though I don't remember ever seeing it.

So what do I do know?

Does starting the second playthrough start you off at lvl1 again? I wanna try and level to 50 now.

keeps your level, skills, and items on second playthrough

So what do I do know?

Yeah, last boss felt really easy.

And go play True Vault Hunter Mode. It's basically New Game+

Good for 2 more hours.

I used the one last night immediately at level 40 and got two pretty mehhhhhhh purple sniper rifles that do no elemental damage. Gonna save this one and the other 2 I have for level 50.

Thanks, found an awesome Purple sniper.

Edit:Oh shit! Im a member now! Yeah!

Drazgul

Who do I side with so I can try and farm that SMG? And what's the SMG called?

Like Claude said, you need to side with the Zafords, and it's called Slagga:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/938130165926269718/DFDE6E8160158FFD132B170AC1497E957DA41355/

With the high RoF and the fact that it dishes out 3 bullets per shot, you're pretty much guaranteed to have slag on enemies all the time. This is just brutal on my gunzerker when I wield it as my second weapon. ;)

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I've gotten 5 keys so far (one including the pre-order bonus) so I like this testing that Gearbox is doing!

I used one of my keys so far and got two class mods that I couldn't use. :/

web01

Question about the head customisation item that drops from
Jack before the final boss
Is it possible to get another without going into play through two since only one dropped and someone else grabbed it who I was playing co op with.

Drazgul

Is it possible to get another without going into play through two since only one dropped and someone else grabbed it who I was playing co op with.

Don't think so, since he won't spawn again. Think of it as extra motivation to go through PT2!

Like Claude said, you need to side with the Zafords, and it's called Slagga:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/938130165926269718/DFDE6E8160158FFD132B170AC1497E957DA41355/

With the high RoF and the fact that it dishes out 3 bullets per shot, you're pretty much guaranteed to have slag on enemies all the time. This is just brutal on my gunzerker when I wield it as my second weapon. ;)

Whoa, that's exactly the SMG I need for my Siren. I got a class mod that give me +83% SMG damage.

On occasion the final boss will drop a class specific one, but it is really uncommon.

Drazgul

On occasion the final boss will drop a class specific one, but it is really uncommon.

Do you know whether the bosses drop specific ones, or is it from shared pool of drops? Been seeing some conflicting comments regarding this (for example Henry - the unique stalker near the Highlands Overlook - drops some purple heads). It's a lot faster to farm some bosses, after all.

Ark

With the
Minecraft
easter egg, I did it in co-op with myself as Commando, a Gunzerker and an Assassin, do we have to go back and do it X amount of times over to each get the skin and head? Because we got a skin that I picked up and used but it said Gunzerker and only unlocked for him. Also we had the head drop and that was Commando only, same thing as the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom