• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
How do you start TVHM?

It asked me once but now if I press continue it boots me right into the post-game whatever

Quit the game. At the main menu, select "Continue". It should have an option that asks you if you would like to continue in TVHM or Normal mode. Select TVHM mode, and the game starts over again.

How do you start TVHM?

It asked me once but now if I press continue it boots me right into the post-game whatever

From the main menu, instead of hitting continue or new game, choose the "character selection" option and it'll ask if you want to play TVHM with the character you beat the game with.

Torraz

My screenshot sadly tuned out completely black, so I can't show it, but I found a really nice shield with a very cool ability. Upon being damaged it spawns (quite often, actually) "shield booster" powerups which regen ~25% of the shield in around half a second. Very useful for going solo. I can definitely recommend shields like this.

this game is getting much better, however i.instantly ignore all the fetch quests.requiring multiple items. i think these sort of.quests are just really lazy game design and only act as filler to the story.

i just also realised the slag/shock gun i got slags me and means my.shield goes down straight away :/

Drazgul

My screenshot sadly tuned out completely black, so I can't show it, but I found a really nice shield with a very cool ability. Upon being damaged it spawns (quite often, actually) "shield booster" powerups which regen ~25% of the shield in around half a second. Very useful for going solo. I can definitely recommend shields like this.

I like those in theory (often they have better stats than shields of similar level), but having to manually pick them up is a drag. It's called run 'n gun, not run, pick some boosters, and gun!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really digging all the Bandit brand weapons, particularly shotguns. They're they only company that seems to make elemental shotguns aside from Torgue's blast guns and those travel too slow for my liking.

Well, I got to the end and I have to say this game was a great ride. Jack is a total asshole, which became especially apparent when I did the Get To Know Jack quest
explaining the difference between choking and strangling
and in finding the ECHOs in the last area
dat Fyrestone

I really enjoyed
leaving him to Lillith. His death wasn't nearly as spectacular as I hoped, some gibs should have been the bare minimum

Scored a Volcano off of the final boss. It was
wedged underneath its corpse
and didn't emit a glow, I could have easily missed it. Pretty sweet though. Apparently it's effect is that the fire can spread between enemies.

I finished the game with Maya and I've gone back to the Zero I started off with. Just unlocked the Deception dash and the class has gotten a lot more fun

If I skip all the side quests do they automatically become level 30ish when I finish the game? Mostly concerned about the quests that give Law & Order and the Love Thumper

Well, I got to the end and I have to say this game was a great ride. Jack is a total asshole, which became especially apparent when I did the Get To Know Jack quest
explaining the difference between choking and strangling
and in finding the ECHOs in the last area
dat Fyrestone

I really enjoyed
leaving him to Lillith. His death wasn't nearly as spectacular as I hoped, some gibs should have been the bare minimum

Scored a Volcano off of the final boss. It was wedged underneath its corpse and didn't emit a glow, I could have easily missed it. Pretty sweet though. Apparently it's effect is that the fire can spread between enemies.

I finished the game with Maya and I've gone back to the Zero I started off with. Just unlocked the Deception dash and the class has gotten a lot more fun

If I skip all the side quests do they automatically become level 30ish when I finish the game? Mostly concerned about the quests that give Law & Order and the Love Thumper

The scaling to the best of my knowledge is a NG+ thing only.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
LOL I just found the
Rakk Cave with Rakkman Forever
in it. I love this game.

Weapon spoiler:
Once in a while, he drops a legendary pistol called "Gunerang" that bounces off walls and fly back to the user unless the gun hits a target.

I'm really digging all the Bandit brand weapons, particularly shotguns. They're they only company that seems to make elemental shotguns aside from Torgue's blast guns and those travel too slow for my liking.

Agreed. Bandit shotguns are the best shotguns in this game.

KKRT00

I have played 40 hours with zero orange dropped but this was on the vending machine item of the day

AIcD1.jpg

Thats just fucking crazy. I want similar one for Maya!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I have a bandit SMG for my siren that compounded with an 83% damage boost and 6/5 points in Wreck makes lifebars just vanish.

h3ro

I'm all about that Maliwan life.

Just something about seeing all those numbers flying off enemies. Can't wait to get a Hellfire.

abundant

You must be getting bad loot drops. I've been getting a bunch of Hyperion and Tediore elemental shotguns.

So
Mal the malfunctioning Hyperion robot
is now officially my favorite side-character in the game. Does he leave after
you finish his quests and get the fibber?

After 50 hours with my Commando these are the two best pieces of loot I have found.

The legendary class mod is insanely awesome because of all the bonus skill tree points it grants.

And The Bee is obviously way to powerful when used with a flak shotgun, but I have to say it is kinda nice to just destroy every enemy now.

So I keep hearing about The Bee, what does it do special exactly?

It grants a huge damage bonus when the shields are at full capacity. Normally other shields like this when you fire and use that huge damage boost it drains the shields but not with the Bee. Oh and this huge damage boost is applied to every pellet of a shotgun round, so a flak shotgun just becomes this killing machine. Additionally the Bee recharges in like half a second. Right now with the Bee and my flak shotgun I can
kill The Warrior in about one minute. If he didn't going into the lava, it would be even faster.

Megasoum

Banned
It grants a huge damage bonus when the shields are at full capacity. Normally other shields like this when you fire and use that huge damage boost it drains the shields but not with the Bee. Oh and this huge damage boost is applied to every pellet of a shotgun round, so a flak shotgun just becomes this killing machine. Oh and the Bee recharges in like half a second.

Ok ok, you had me at damage boost lol

FStop7

Banned
Second golden key used,
two class mods for not the class I'm using ]:

Yeah, I'm getting a little annoyed about that. I've now gotten two purple drops for the Siren class and I'm playing an Assassin. I started up a Siren alt but it's going to be a while before she can use them.

I also got a purple Bandit SMG that was no better than any normal gun. It did absolutely nothing special. I dumped it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It grants a huge damage bonus when the shields are at full capacity. Normally other shields like this when you fire and use that huge damage boost it drains the shields but not with the Bee. Oh and this huge damage boost is applied to every pellet of a shotgun round, so a flak shotgun just becomes this killing machine. Oh and the Bee recharges in like half a second.

How do you get it?

Also, I'm assuming this is how people are (tagging it just in case, not a main storyline spoiler)
Terramorphous?

Its always like that or skill bonuses are random?

The skills are set, but a lower level version may have something like +3 in all skills instead of +5, or a lower cooldown rate.

Ah, okay. Guess I'll start farming once I hit level 50 and finish TVH mode

Is it part of a quest?

It's a sidequest called "This Just In", IIRC.

I have a Tannis head for my Siren, but they should also give me a Tannis skill tree. I want to scream obscenities and spit at people.

And be able to ride a fish in the water.

Megasoum

Banned
That's really weird, for some reasons the difficulty just spiked a LOT for me once I started questing in the nexus. Everything was fine before but not I'm getting two shot by the enemies.

It's annoying.

It grants a huge damage bonus when the shields are at full capacity. Normally other shields like this when you fire and use that huge damage boost it drains the shields but not with the Bee. Oh and this huge damage boost is applied to every pellet of a shotgun round, so a flak shotgun just becomes this killing machine. Additionally the Bee recharges in like half a second. Right now with the Bee and my flak shotgun I can
kill The Warrior in about one minute. If he didn't going into the lava, it would be even faster.

i need this..bad.

Wallach

Its always like that or skill bonuses are random?

Skill bonuses are static. Pretty sure they are only tier 1 skills for each class. Someone traded me a lvl 50 Soldier one last night for a rare skin I had and it was the same way. They drop very often off an extremely hard to spawn badass boss after PT2 is done called
Verimorphous the Invincible.

Raxus

This Redneck/Irish family quest line is so awful. Just a lot of running around and almost zero combat.

It is by far the worst quest in the game. Skip it if you don't want to do it or do it while doing other objectives in that area to pass the time.

cackhyena

This Redneck/Irish family quest line is so awful. Just a lot of running around and almost zero combat.

This is how I feel about 99% of the side quests. Awful design. Send me to an area to do one thing then rubber band me to check in, only to have another errand further down the same goddamn path. Gearbox, pull your head out of your ass and set it up to have the quest giver squawk the next thing to you via radio...like "hey, since you're already over there" sorta thing. Especially when teleporters aren't exactly abundant.

Shooting is fun, and characters are fun, running in your game for long periods isn't. The Fire cult shit was horrible for this.

I think a lot of the world design is pretty terrible tbh.

Getting to a given location is a complete pain in the ass.
One example of this is the Hyperion outpost in the Highlands.

If memory serves the first game was much better in this regard but also more simple.

Is it ever mentioned who Moxxi's other two kids are (besides Scooter and Ellie obviously)?

Not ATM no. I've seen some people throw around the idea Gaige the Mechromancer might be one of them since Moxxi's children and clan all seem to be mechanically inclined. I guess it might be possibility, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom