• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai3345

Banned
I was gonna wait until a Steam sale for this game initially, but after watching GB's Quick Look, I'm all aboard the hype train. I need this shit in my veins.

Jo-El

It's not really worth complaining about. I'm just disappointed they chose to do retailer specific pre-order bonuses instead of treating all pre-orders as equal. I'll just buy the Mecromancer when it's on sale. I don't care about the other stuff.

H3xum

Do you get to choose which character gets the key or does it just go to your first one?

You get to choose.

Also, has anyone ever bought a season pass on the 360? Can you pay for it with Microsoft bux or do you have to pay cash/charge your card?

garath

It's not really worth complaining about. I'm just disappointed they chose to do retailer specific pre-order bonuses instead of treating all pre-orders as equal. I'll just buy the Mecromancer when it's on sale. I don't care about the other stuff.

It's just more of the ridiculous pre-order crap. Like now gamestop gets the exclusive Arena mode. /shrug. Not even worth stressing about. I hate it but don't think the publisher knows or cares.

Coconut

Banned
Uhm, no.

I wish I could do that - pre-order the game that is. Don't give a fuck about free keys but at least they can be a bit more specific regarding this DLC/pre-order bullshit.

So you bought the card and paid for the game code. They have also been pretty clear that you get the preorder stuff if you order from three specific retailers.

Avinexus

He says the golden key chest is only a purple tier gun, so its not like it is top of the line. Unless I missed something and purple is the new orange or cyan.

kai3345

Banned
Unsure if I should play as Zer0 or White Roland in BL2 for my first run

I played Mordecai single player and Roland in Co-Op in 1.

I'll be playing with at least 3 (hopefully 4) people for my first run.

It's just more of the ridiculous pre-order crap. Like now gamestop gets the exclusive Arena mode. /shrug. Not even worth stressing about. I hate it but don't think the publisher knows or cares.

Retailer-specific exclusive DLC is one of the worst things to come out of this gen. It's all good, though - ill be enjoying this game regardless.

pahamrick

Has anyone pre-ordered from GMG today? Did so a few minutes ago, and already got a key which activated as Borderlands 2 Pre-Order. Never had that happen from GMG before since normally you can only get them like that when the pre-load starts.

demolitio

Has anyone pre-ordered from GMG today? Did so a few minutes ago, and already got a key which activated as Borderlands 2 Pre-Order. Never had that happen from GMG before since normally you can only get them like that when the pre-load starts.

I preordered early August and don't have a key yet. Weird that you got one right away.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Unsure if I should play as Zer0 or White Roland in BL2 for my first run

I played Mordecai single player and Roland in Co-Op in 1.

I'll be playing with at least 3 (hopefully 4) people for my first run.
Roland if you've never played soldier in 1. Turrets were fun to play with in 1.

So you bought the card and paid for the game code. They have also been pretty clear that you get the preorder stuff if you order from three specific retailers.

I never buy retail so I haven't checked what different pre-orders different reailers get. I only checked the store-page on Steam and it said something about this DLC and that pre-order thingy, so I thought hey, I got this Steam pre-order key - why not activate it. But I guess I'm too dumb to realize that pre-order bonuses does not apply to free copies. I know, I should've bought the game instead but I didn't know free copies are lesser copies.

But all this DLC-crap is such a hassle to the point I don't even care anymore.

Megasoum

Banned

Ah cool, that means that GMG got the keys. It's always like that with GMG. Once they get the keys every new orders get them right away and people who already bought it have to wait for the system to refresh and get their keys.

pahamrick

I preordered early August and don't have a key yet. Weird that you got one right away.

Ah cool, that means that GMG got the keys. It's always like that with GMG. Once they get the keys every new orders get them right away and people who already bought it have to wait for the system to refresh and get their keys.

Yeah, I guess so. Just surprised they got the keys before the pre-load starts. Don't remember that happening before, but it did say that the game (keys) would be released 09/14/12 00:01 GMT on the order confirmation screen.

Can anyone help me with a couple of questions I have. I played the first game but didn't know if these things changed.

1. If you lvl up characters locally can you bring them online? So if I solo a character up to lvl 50 can I bring it online.

2. If A friend plays with me split screen or coop can they bring that character online?

3. I have 2 xbox360s if I system link can all 4 go online or how does system link work with borderlands 2?

redhot_

Can anyone help me with a couple of questions I have. I played the first game but didn't know if these things changed.

1. If you lvl up characters locally can you bring them online? So if I solo a character up to lvl 50 can I bring it online.

2. If A friend plays with me split screen or coop can they bring that character online?

3. I have 2 xbox360s if I system link can all 4 go online or how does system link work with borderlands 2?

yes

yes

No idea.

sry for this silly question, but if i have pre-ordered on steam will that season pass work with the steam version? do i get a steam code for that season pass buying it from greenmangaming?

The pc version is steamwork. so it doesnt matter where you buy the game or dlc. you'lll have to use steam. (

Avinexus

In Borderlands 1, high quality purples often outclassed the majority of legendary guns.

As a Siren, I never had anything outclass my Hellfire. Double Anarchy were good purples, but not much else, and they couldn't beat a Hellfire. As far as I remember the only good purples were combat rifles.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
As a Siren, I never had anything outclass my Hellfire. Double Anarchy were good purples, but not much else, and they couldn't beat a Hellfire. As far as I remember the only good purples were combat rifles.

Double Anarchies outclass every single legendary out there with the correct Siren build.

Yes, the Hellfire is probably the best guntype in the game (still very debatable whether it's better than a high quality double anarchy), however that's ONE legendary out of 40+, whereas High Quality Double Anarchies, Mashers, Stingers, Masscres, etc. are all better than 90% of the Legendaries in Borderlands 1.

Purples have a chance of being some of the best guns in the game. If the golden key gives a purple that level scales (especially since in Borderlands 1, there were limited areas that would actually drop level 69 gear), and a guaranteed high quality purple (as far as material type and component parts) then I'd say it's pretty valuable.

Coconut

Banned
Thank You sir.

Does anyone else know how the system link with 360 works? Can you have 2 people split on each system if you have 2 copies of the game?

Apparently system link splitscreen wasn't a thing you could do in the first game so I doubt it will be a thing in this one. Seems like a feature that wouldn't really cater to needs of that many players.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wonder what game he's talking about. It can't be BL2 can it?

dg16d.png

https://twitter.com/BenKuchera/status/246311310252462080

I hope not. :|

But I feel it's not B2. I never heard anyone describe it's visuals as terrible.

Besides, at this point the visuals in BL2 are pretty much a known quantity. Unless you completely ignored the first game, the second one shouldn't come as a surprise.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Double Anarchies outclass every single legendary out there with the correct Siren build.

Yes, the Hellfire is probably the best guntype in the game (still very debatable whether it's better than a high quality double anarchy), however that's ONE legendary out of 40+, whereas High Quality Double Anarchies, Mashers, Stingers, Masscres, etc. are all better than 90% of the Legendaries in Borderlands 1.

Purples have a chance of being some of the best guns in the game. If the golden key gives a purple that level scales (especially since in Borderlands 1, there were limited areas that would actually drop level 69 gear), and a guaranteed high quality purple (as far as material type and component parts) then I'd say it's pretty valuable.

It does not scale. It pops at the level when you open the chest. Best advice has been to bank your key till you get some serious leveling done then swing through sanctuary when proper time comes.

And my pestilent defilers will be the ruin of your anarchy!!! I only liked those if they came with the scope. Improved control/damage soooo much... I can understand how they could be some of the "best" guns on a siren build.. but my mordecai (ie hard mode) would usually kill stuff before they ever got into viable anarchy range...

The M.O.B

Dishonered fits the bill, "a fun mechanic" being the blink teleport you can do(There's a ton of mechanics, but that one stands out a bit). Personally I enjoy the look of that game. But whatever it is, it does not sound like BL2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom