• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Holy shit I need this. The sooner GMG preloads, the better.

Gonna LAN the fuck outta this sucker next week. So glad all my buddies are getting it on PC.

Wag

Is this true? If so then I will definitely be getting an additional 3 copies for my friends so we can play locally.
We'll find out next week. This is coming from the same guy who said the PC would be the best platform for BL1 so I wouldn't hold my breath.

As far as how it plays on ATI cards, I would guess it should play OK, just PhysX will be software based. As far as Crossfire performance goes, I won't expect much until the next CAPs comes out. ATI driver team are a bunch of chimps. Beginning to regret I invested in tri-Crossfire 6950s...

Jo-El

We'll find out next week. This is coming from the same guy who said the PC would be the best platform for BL1 so I wouldn't hold my breath.

As far as how it plays on ATI cards, I would guess it should play OK, just PhysX will be software based. As far as Crossfire performance goes, I won't expect much until the next CAPs comes out. ATI driver team are a bunch of chimps. Beginning to regret I invested in tri-Crossfire 6950s...

Despite its problems, BL1 on PC was still the best way to play it.

Wag

Sure. But the UI was screwed up on release. I could go down the list of all the problems but I won't even bother. Clearly the game wasn't finished.

If BL2 is released in the same state we should demand a refund.

Dizzy-4U

I agree. Glorious 60fps makes up for the console UI, though I played it entirely with a controller, so it was never an issue for me. Can't talk much about the gamespy thingy since I never played it online.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Sure. But the UI was screwed up on release. I could go down the list of all the problems but I won't even bother. Clearly the game wasn't finished.

If BL2 is released in the same state we should demand a refund.
You can't put one point and then say its a list. The only problems were UI, multilayer,and lacked some settings like fov. There wasn't anything game breaking. Or a list of problems.

Wag

You can't put one point and then say its a list. The only problems were UI, multilayer,and lacked some settings like fov. There wasn't anything game breaking. Or a list of problems.
There were quite a lot of problems, like not being able to scroll down with the mouse, not being able to read about weapons, etc, etc. Sure, not game breaking, but just enough to be annoying. Add up everything together it had a hell of a lot of problems. (especially the GameSpy shit)

They've clearly acknowledged the problems and hopefully it will all be fixed in BL2.

grendelrt

Hmmmmm 720P 3D + Physx on the HDTV with 360 controller vs 1080P on the PC (AMD Card) with M+KB, just cant decide if using a controller is worth it.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
There were quite a lot of problems, like not being able to scroll down with the mouse, not being able to read about weapons, etc, etc. Sure, not game breaking, but just enough to be annoying. Add up everything together it had a hell of a lot of problems. (especially the GameSpy shit)

They've clearly acknowledged the problems and hopefully it will all be fixed in BL2.
Just UI problems basically and they've already said they're gonna use steamworks so everything should be fine.

garath

You guys have seen this haven't you?:

Borderlands-2-love-letter.png

Claptrap-letter.png

Hopefully this rings true and the PC version of BL2 isn't screwed up like BL1 was.

Glorious. Wonderfully glorious.

I can't wait to play the game in my native resolution, with my non-accelerated mouse, navigating the UI with scroll wheel and looking at the wonderful landscape with an 85 FOV.

I'd say day 1, but I've been pre-ordered since the day they offered it.

harrytang

Thanks for the clarification, but I still was wondering you can trade it with yourself right?
On your own profile with different characters?

it says attached to your profile so any character you have could open it. you could also put the loot in your stash and trade between characters.

doesnt really matter to me when i open since ill probably using it for the same amount of time at any level. works for a while then find something better. purple loot cool, but not cool enough to save a key until last dlc for. passed up some purple drops in bl1 last night. was thinking it would be orange tbh.

Cat Party

More info on the Golden Keys. Not sure if you guys saw this.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=147008

To summarize:

Golden Keys can be used to unlock the special golden chest in Sanctuary:

afa95805acb2101cac69571212bf54181266dd10.jpg

It takes 2-3 hours of playing initially to get to Sanctuary. The loot inside will be purple rarity, and it will scale to your current level. Each golden key is non-transferable and strictly one time use. Not once per character/playthrough, once. Right now, it doesn't sound as though the keys are available as loot drops. But it is clearly implied there will be more chances to get them from promotions, events, etc.

Questions that haven't been answered yet:

How many items will be in the chest?
What happens in co-op?
What kinds of promotions/events will there be to get more keys?

What kinds of promotions/events will there be to get more keys?
I do not think that is really nessosery because once its open, its open on your profile.
I bet you can buy a key on the marketplace/steam/psn a few months in.
it says attached to your profile so any character you have could open it. you could also put the loot in your stash and trade between characters.
That is what I wanted to know thanks :)

harrytang

For the preorders is it one key per account or per character?

one key in total to be used one time. the majority of us will most likely never see the open animation more than one time. one key, one time.

Do steam preorders get the golden key? I got a free copy with my videocard. I hope I am not missing any preorder goodness because of it.

i dont think that is technically a pre order. just a free copy of the game. im worried you wont get it.

Sulik2

Do steam preorders get the golden key? I got a free copy with my videocard. I hope I am not missing any preorder goodness because of it.

Cat Party

I do not think that is really nessosery because once its open, its open on your profile.
I bet you can buy a key on the marketplace/steam/psn a few months in.

You open it one time, but then it needs a new key to unlock it again.

You may be right that they sell the keys, but I'm not expecting it. I'll think they may use it like BioWare/EA use the promo weapons in ME3 multiplayer: you have to complete community challenges to get them.

EDIT:

Man, that's a tough decision then. Maybe I'll wait til' around level 40 or so to open it.

meh, I'll probably just use it right away. Otherwise, I'll never use it, knowing me.

FStop7

Banned
After a lot of back and forth on what version to get I just pre-ordered on Steam. I'm an achievement whore but none of my XBox friends seem to have an interest in the game.

More info on the Golden Keys. Not sure if you guys saw this.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=147008

Thanks for the heads up! Ill pass that onto friends to save myself from their bitching.

One question, though you're probably not supposed to say anything, but I'm curious to know what kinds of hidden attributes/effects will be on the legendary guns? Will they be obvious once you fire it, like a shotgun that shoots rockets(or more outrageous and rare, like a shotgun that shoots skag pups)? Any answer would be nice, however vague. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom