• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Hey, I already snagged it and it's working in Czech rep. too, but my currency are dollars and not euro or czech crowns. How to change it on GMG? My country and everything is set.

No idea - i just went through GMG's Great Britain website. Maybe they don't support the Czech currency and so use dollars? It could still work out cheaper for you in dollars assuming your bank doesn't charge you through the roof for currency conversion.
Oo

It went down to £22.50 for me.

Was that for the game? I meant the Season Pass.

red731

Yea, maybe. We have GMG in our language, but you maybe right about the currency.
Still, even in dollars it was cheaper than anywhere else so win win.
And paying by card always uses the best exchange rate.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
who__s_next__by_madamespontaneous-d5egbxp.jpg

Source.

That's the best cosplay ever.

more from them.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

red731

I was fooling around with this loadout for a Melee/SMG/Shottie Zero:

http://i.imgur.com/YGN40.png[//IMG]

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

TELL ME LINK TO THAT SKILL PLANNER LIKE RIGHT IN AN INSTANT

edit: Thank you. What an appropriate name for a site. I bet that it's hardcore fansite even before I open it :D
ed2:yup

In regards to the M/KB v. Gamepad. I grew up playing FPS on PC and only until PS3 did I play any with a gamepad. Then I took a break from PC during the life of the PS3 and now that I have returned to PC and M/KB I feel like I am cheating. Headshots all day every day. I still play a few games on my PC with a gamepad, but for any game like BL2 where accuracy matters, it can't be beat. Enough of that talk though, back to BL2 hype!

BL2 has joined the elite rank of Uncharted where I have played the previous version of the game to stave off the hype shakes of anticipating the sequel.

Megasoum

Banned
<3 GMG. Woot! Got both the game and the season pass now! And it ended up costing me less than the console version of the game (36$+22$).

iNvid02

borderlands 2 gaf steam group has 100 members now, be sure to join if you're open to playing with gaf sometime - link is at the top of op

abundant

Here's my build for a Healer/Crowd Control Maya.
untitled.jpg

I want to cast Phaselock as much as possible, with it lasting as long as possible in order to help better Elated and Sweet Release.

Mikey Jr.

Have the developers said anything yet about the PS3 version? I just want to make sure it's at parity with the 360 version.

Me too. The first one was pretty much on parity with the 360, so I am not super worried about BL2. It would be nice to have confirmation though.

VanWinkle

They were using the PS3 version in the Gamespot Australia preview videos from about a week ago - it looked pretty good in those.

Is it this one here? I didn't see any dualshock symbols, but then again, I didn't see any 360 symbols either. The "open" prompt was a diamond or something. Weird. If that's it though, I'm very happy. It looks great.

BearPawB

Banned
I played the PS3 version at MLG Raleigh. Noticed some stuttering/loose controls. But may have been the E3 version of the demo, not the newer one.

VanWinkle

I played the PS3 version at MLG Raleigh. Noticed some stuttering/loose controls. But may have been the E3 version of the demo, not the newer one.

Had you played the 360 version as well? Could just be a problem with the game and not that particular version. (and of course it was an older build so that could have been an issue).

Wag

You guys have seen this haven't you?:

Borderlands-2-love-letter.png

Claptrap-letter.png

Hopefully this rings true and the PC version of BL2 isn't screwed up like BL1 was.

Chavelo

I don't know why people are championing the PC-exclusive features for BL2 like it's the coming of a new age for PC gaming.

Shit like that was supposed to be the standard already, especially with multi-million dollar productions. :/

Wag

I don't know why people are championing the PC-exclusive features for BL2 like it's the coming of a new age for PC gaming.

Shit like that was supposed to be the standard already, especially with multi-million dollar productions. :/
I'm not "championing" anything, I'm just passing on what they said. As you can see I clearly said BL1 was screwed up. I agree that all PC games should have that stuff as standard.

Yes off course but the devs do not decide on what to spend most of its money if publishers say 90% of money goes to console version you can't do anything about that.

Now with BL2 having a high budget they could do more.

iNvid02

gotta agree, its the sad state of pc gaming where devs get to boast about integrated vsync and logitech keyboard support

but i think they did it mainly to ensure that people know the pc release wont be like borderlands 1.

at least they threw in an fov slider

Randdalf

Releases September 21st in UK, 3 days after US launch. Sigh. Time to use a proxy perhaps, or is that against the Subscriber Agreement now?

iNvid02

Releases September 21st in UK, 3 days after US launch. Sigh. Time to use a proxy perhaps, or is that against the Subscriber Agreement now?

using a VPN is against steam TOS for purchasing, but i dont think there is anything against unlocking a game early

i've done it many times before without a problem and i know a few others on gaf who did it with 0 issues too

differing release dates for digital games is just pathetic, i say go for it

using a VPN is against steam TOS for purchasing, but i dont think there is anything against unlocking a game early

i've done it many times before without a problem and i know a few others on gaf who did it with 0 issues too

differing release dates for digital games is just pathetic, i say go for it

I though they fixed this in a recent update?

I'm not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom